Farrell Landon

Washington, DC

#8092 Apr 28, 2013
I like big oil. Helllllllll yea Bo. U ever watch Dallas and see these oil peoples. I cant believe it Me and all the people that campaigneded for B like root beer, oil and hot women.
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
All right! Now for your Forbes link. The op-ed piece written by Peter Ferrara. Who is he? He's a "Libertarian scholar" who supports privatization of the social security. He's previously been paid by Jack Abramoff the lobbyist for writing favorable op-ed pieces for his clients. Remember Jack Abramoff? Convicted of bribing public officials? Peter Ferrar also works for the Heartland Institute.
Wait!- Who is the Heartland Institute? It sounds like a nice place with bricks and ivy and lots of smart professors, doesn't it? It's a conservative and libertarian think-tank.
Who funds the Heartland Institute? Here's some info on that very question:
The Heartland Institute does not disclose its funding sources. According to its brochures, Heartland receives money from approximately 1,600 individuals and organizations, and no single corporate entity donates more than 5% of the operating budget,[38] although the figure for individual donors can be much higher, with a single anonymous donor providing $4.6 million in 2008, and $979,000 in 2011, accounting for 20% of Heartland's overall budget, according to reports of a leaked fundraising plan.[39] Heartland states that it does not accept government funds and does not conduct contract research for special-interest groups.[40]
MediaTransparency reported that Heartland received funding from politically conservative foundations such as the Castle Rock Foundation, the Sarah Scaife Foundation, the John M. Olin Foundation, and the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation.[41] In 2011, the Institute received $25,000 from the Charles G. Koch Foundation.[14] The Charles Koch Foundation states that the contribution was "$25,000 to the Heartland Institute in 2011 for research in healthcare, not climate change, and this was the first and only donation the Foundation made to the institute in more than a decade".[42]
Oil and gas companies have contributed to the Heartland Institute, including over $600,000 from ExxonMobil between 1998 and 2005.[43] Greenpeace reported that Heartland received almost $800,000 from ExxonMobil.[20] In 2008, ExxonMobil said that they would stop funding to groups skeptical of climate warming, including Heartland.[43][44][45] Joseph Bast, president of the Heartland Institute, argued that ExxonMobil was simply distancing itself from Heartland out of concern for its public image.[43]
Big Energy - ExxonMobile and David Koch and the like - providing the operating funds to a non-profit think-tank that AMAZINGLY comes up with conclusions that favor them! Isn't that a coincidence?
And you've bought right into it. Hook line and sinker. You're a sucker for Big-Oil propaganda and paid-for Republican law makers.
You really should quit being so gullible.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#8093 Apr 28, 2013
Farrell Landon wrote:
Daggumit Butt.........you shoud see the wendys frosty that just got ejected outta my bhole. <quoted text>
Now let's talk about that corporation you support. Did you know that Wendys has funded the Center for Consumer Freedom?

Who is the "Center for Consumer Freedom"? It SOUNDS like a good thing, doesn't it?

They're a fake "grassroots" group that fights regulation of the food and beverage industries. More paid-for corporate propaganda influencing Republican politics. They have also been a significant funder of ALEC, a group that has clearly established a "collaboration between multinational corporations and conservative state legislators."

Quit eating at Wendy's. Both Democracy by the People and your butt-hole will thank you.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#8094 Apr 28, 2013
Farrell Landon wrote:
I like big oil.
<quoted text>
That's a good thing, because those Frosty's are probably made out of petroleum byproducts. They sure ain't ice-cream. Your butthole knows the truth.
Farrell Landon

Washington, DC

#8095 Apr 28, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let's talk about that corporation you support. Did you know that Wendys has funded the Center for Consumer Freedom?
Who is the "Center for Consumer Freedom"? It SOUNDS like a good thing, doesn't it?
They're a fake "grassroots" group that fights regulation of the food and beverage industries. More paid-for corporate propaganda influencing Republican politics. They have also been a significant funder of ALEC, a group that has clearly established a "collaboration between multinational corporations and conservative state legislators."
Quit eating at Wendy's. Both Democracy by the People and your butt-hole will thank you.
I didnt eat wendys the turd that flew out all over the floor and coffee table looked like a wendys frosty

I hate wendys like u do! Im a proud Dem but i also cant stop this duhahreea from blowin outta my bhole.
funnyman

Jesup, GA

#8096 Apr 28, 2013
Farrell Landon wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt eat wendys the turd that flew out all over the floor and coffee table looked like a wendys frosty
I hate wendys like u do! Im a proud Dem but i also cant stop this duhahreea from blowin outta my bhole.
Well,can u please try to stop it from flowing outta yo piehole!
Soggy Bottom Boys

Cleveland, GA

#8097 Apr 28, 2013
Wally Word wrote:
David Duke
I got to get the family farm back before I can start thinking about that. Oh, you said Davy Duke...not Daisey Duke.

Farrell Landon

Washington, DC

#8098 Apr 29, 2013
funnyman wrote:
<quoted text>Well,can u please try to stop it from flowing outta yo piehole!
No, cause I want to fit in on this thread!!!
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8099 Apr 29, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Great Flood did happen, it is hardly surprising that more than one account would appear. An interesting difference though is that if a boat were built according to the Gilgamesh account it would basically be a cube that would be rolled over and over in the water. Conversely, if a boat were built following the Biblical description, it would be completely seaworthy.
And why in the world would it surprise you that the Koran (or Quran) would bear similarity to the Bible. The Quran wasn't written until the 7th century AD and took much of its content from the Torah - it just changed the emphasis from the lineage of Abraham to Isaac and substituted the lineage of Abraham to Ishmael, thus claiming that the Arabs are actually God's chosen people.
Libtards are only impressed with each other. It has something to do with self-approval.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#8100 Apr 29, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Just a few of the many new articles that will back my previous statements about Global Warming. I am surprised that someone didn't challenge me to show links. I guess by now you know that I can and will.
http://www.co2science.org/about/position/glob...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...
Real Climate
Climate Science from Climate Scientists
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives...

Meet The Climate Denial Machine
Blog ››› November 28, 2012 3:16 PM EST ››› JILL FITZSIMMONS
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/28/meet-...

Despite the overwhelming consensus among climate experts that human activity is contributing to rising global temperatures, 66 percent of Americans incorrectly believe there is "a lot of disagreement among scientists about whether or not global warming is happening." The conservative media has fueled this confusion by distorting scientific research, hyping faux-scandals, and giving voice to groups funded by industries that have a financial interest in blocking action on climate change. Meanwhile, mainstream media outlets have shied away from the "controversy" over climate change and have failed to press U.S. policymakers on how they will address this global threat. When climate change is discussed, mainstream outlets sometimes strive for a false balance that elevates marginal voices and enables them to sow doubt about the science even in the face of mounting evidence.

Here, Media Matters looks at how conservative media outlets give industry-funded "experts" a platform, creating a polarized misunderstanding of climate science.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8101 Apr 29, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good thing, because those Frosty's are probably made out of petroleum byproducts. They sure ain't ice-cream. Your butthole knows the truth.

I expect you are getting your just dues with your fly ointment, you seem to attract a lot of insects. Sort of like a dying carcus.

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#8102 Apr 29, 2013
Bored wrote:
"According to a new report by the nonpartisan Government Accountability Institute (GAI), President Barack Obama has spent over twice as many hours on vacation and golf (976 hours) as he has in economic meetings of any kind (474.4 hours).
The report,“Presidential Calendar: A Time-Based Analysis,” used the official White House calendar, Politico’s comprehensive presidential calendar, and media reports through March 31, 2013 to calculate its results."
And libtards still blame Bush.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Governme...
The Government Accountability Institute (GAI) is a "a new conservative investigative research organization."[1] The GAI states as its mission "to investigate and expose crony capitalism, misuse of taxpayer monies, and other governmental corruption or malfeasance."[2]

The GAI has several ties to right-wing groups such as Citizens United, the American Conservative Union, Young America's Foundation, and the Hoover Institution, through its key staff and board members:

Peter Schweizer, president of the GAI, is a researcher for the Hoover Institution in Stanford, California.[3] Mr. Schweizer is also on the Research Advisory Council of the James Madison Institute,[4] a member of the State Policy Network, which itself is a member of the American Legislative Exchange Council.

Executive Chairman and co-founder of the GAI, Stephen Bannon, is the Executive Chairman of Breitbart News LLC, the parent company of Breitbart.com , a conservative news and opinion website, founded by conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart[5][6].

Board member, Ron Robinson, is a director of both Citizens United[7] and the American Conservative Union.[8][6] Mr. Robinson has also acted as the president of the Young America's Foundation for over thirty years.[9]

Why The Obama Foreign Donation ‘Scandal’ Is Pure Fiction
By Josh Israel on Oct 9, 2012 at 2:47 pm
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/10/09/9...

Despite significant right-wing hype, a new report by the conservative Government Accountability Institute (GAI) on the potential for foreign nationals to illegally contribute to U.S. political campaigns does not actually find any evidence of foreign nationals successfully donating to the Obama campaign. Still, a wide array of conservative and mainstream publications have incorrectly reported that the report documents foreign donors giving to the President’s re-election.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8103 Apr 29, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Governme...
The Government Accountability Institute (GAI) is a "a new conservative investigative research organization."[1] The GAI states as its mission "to investigate and expose crony capitalism, misuse of taxpayer monies, and other governmental corruption or malfeasance."[2]
The GAI has several ties to right-wing groups such as Citizens United, the American Conservative Union, Young America's Foundation, and the Hoover Institution, through its key staff and board members:
Peter Schweizer, president of the GAI, is a researcher for the Hoover Institution in Stanford, California.[3] Mr. Schweizer is also on the Research Advisory Council of the James Madison Institute,[4] a member of the State Policy Network, which itself is a member of the American Legislative Exchange Council.
Executive Chairman and co-founder of the GAI, Stephen Bannon, is the Executive Chairman of Breitbart News LLC, the parent company of Breitbart.com , a conservative news and opinion website, founded by conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart[5][6].
Board member, Ron Robinson, is a director of both Citizens United[7] and the American Conservative Union.[8][6] Mr. Robinson has also acted as the president of the Young America's Foundation for over thirty years.[9]
Why The Obama Foreign Donation ‘Scandal’ Is Pure Fiction
By Josh Israel on Oct 9, 2012 at 2:47 pm
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/10/09/9...
Despite significant right-wing hype, a new report by the conservative Government Accountability Institute (GAI) on the potential for foreign nationals to illegally contribute to U.S. political campaigns does not actually find any evidence of foreign nationals successfully donating to the Obama campaign. Still, a wide array of conservative and mainstream publications have incorrectly reported that the report documents foreign donors giving to the President’s re-election.
And your point? Does anyone really expect a libtard organization to publish such data?
If not for conservatives, libtard lies would dominate.
Scott

Jefferson, GA

#8104 Apr 29, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Real Climate
Climate Science from Climate Scientists
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives...
Meet The Climate Denial Machine
Blog ››› November 28, 2012 3:16 PM EST ››› JILL FITZSIMMONS
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/28/meet-...
Despite the overwhelming consensus among climate experts that human activity is contributing to rising global temperatures, 66 percent of Americans incorrectly believe there is "a lot of disagreement among scientists about whether or not global warming is happening." The conservative media has fueled this confusion by distorting scientific research, hyping faux-scandals, and giving voice to groups funded by industries that have a financial interest in blocking action on climate change. Meanwhile, mainstream media outlets have shied away from the "controversy" over climate change and have failed to press U.S. policymakers on how they will address this global threat. When climate change is discussed, mainstream outlets sometimes strive for a false balance that elevates marginal voices and enables them to sow doubt about the science even in the face of mounting evidence.
Here, Media Matters looks at how conservative media outlets give industry-funded "experts" a platform, creating a polarized misunderstanding of climate science.
Well, there you have it folks. Media Matters says it's all about the conservative media create a misunderstanding of climate science. As Al Gore said, "The debate is over". Of course, Media Matters has the $10,000,000 gift from good old George Soros to fund their "looking at" conservative media, specifically, Fox News. We just cannot have anyone questioning global warming er uh I mean climate change that isn't really based on science anyway. But, that doesn't matter, does it? Anyone who challenges this fraud for what it is, we will just call them "deniers" or "anti-science". Just show a Polar bear floating around on an ice cube and that will shut up the doubters.

While global warming is being discussed (no debating), the grand daddy of global warming, big Al Gore is floating around on his 60' houseboat powered by twin turbo diesels. Oh, that's right, now he has converted to bio-fuel since he was caught by a reporter. He is also trying to figure out with his pal, Henry Wallace how they can revitalize their carbon credit business which has dwindled to virtually nothing. Ah, carbon credits which are pieces of paper one can buy that reduce your carbon footprint. Ha. Sure they do. Old Al has made hundred of millions with his good old global warming fraudulent claims, along with his lie filled movie that won him an Oscar and millions more for his wallet. What a blowhard hypocrite. Oh well, our government will spend billions and billions more to combat global warming and to line the pockets of people who should be charged with defrauding the American taxpayer.

Dang, it sure seems cold this morning for Spring.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8105 Apr 29, 2013
Bored wrote:
"Second Coldest Start To Spring In US History."
Where are all the libtards promoting Global Warming?
Haven't heard from them lately.

Now the libtards are finally speaking up. Like Gore the internet maker, they only see one leg on a table with ten legs.

They ignore Earth's natural change in the heating and cooling of the Earth and rely upon their agenda to blame it all on man. Their focus point being man is the problem with the Earth, using as an excuse the poster Farrel Landon.
Farrell, these guys are out to get you, better wake up, your methane is causing all the world's problem.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#8106 Apr 29, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to quote sources, you should use more credible ones without an agenda. The very title "From Jesus to Christ" implies the notion held by liberal scholars that Jesus was a man, never claimed to be otherwise and that after his death some of his followers decided for some unknown reason to claim he was divine. Dominic Crossan was the usual spokesman that would be trotted out to speak for the Jesus Seminar - a group of liberals - most of whom were not even scholars- who for the most part held that same view.

The quote from Irenaeus is deliberately misquoted to make his points about the Gospels look ridiculous. The actual quote is that "The Gospel ....fittingly has four corners..." not "it is obviously true because of the winds, etc.". There is a huge difference. The twisting of the quotation is to serve the argument that Irenaeus is arguing for a new concept and had a weak arguments. Rather he appeals to the symbolism of the four winds, etc BECAUSE he has four gospels, not the other way around.
Here is the essay that I referened along with the contributors, all of which appear to be Professors, and no where is mentioned Dominic Crossan. Obviously you do not agree with these folks, which simply highlights, again, my point that Christianity is not a unified religion, but a religion of many sects each with their own interpretation.

Emergence of the Four Gospel Canon
Dozens of gospels circulated in early Christian communities. How were the four now contained in the New Testament chosen?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...

Elaine H. Pagels:
The Harrington Spear Paine Foundation Professor of Religion Princeton University

L. Michael White:
Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin

Elizabeth Clark:
John Carlisle Kilgo Professor of Religion and Director of the Graduate Program in Religion Duke University

Harold W. Attridge:
The Lillian Claus Professor of New Testament Yale Divinity School

Allen D. Callahan:
Associate Professor of New Testament, Harvard Divinity School
==========
Since you did not provide a link to the quote I went looking for myself, if this is still not the exact quote, providing the correct context, then you will need to supply the reference.

It still sounds like a contrived argument for just four gospels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irenaeus
"But it is not possible that the Gospels can be either more or fewer in number than they are. For since there are four zones of the world in which we live, and four principal winds, while the church has been scattered throughout the world, and since the 'pillar and ground' of the Church is the Gospel and the spirit of life, it is fitting that she should have four pillars, breathing incorruption on every side, and vivifying human afresh. From this fact, it is evident that the Logos, the fashioner demiourgos of all, he that sits on the cherubim and holds all things together, when he was manifested to humanity, gave us the gospel under four forms but bound together by one spirit." Against Heresies 3.11.8
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#8107 Apr 29, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there you have it folks. Media Matters says it's all about the conservative media create a misunderstanding of climate science. As Al Gore said, "The debate is over". Of course, Media Matters has the $10,000,000 gift from good old George Soros to fund their "looking at" conservative media, specifically, Fox News. We just cannot have anyone questioning global warming er uh I mean climate change that isn't really based on science anyway. But, that doesn't matter, does it? Anyone who challenges this fraud for what it is, we will just call them "deniers" or "anti-science". Just show a Polar bear floating around on an ice cube and that will shut up the doubters.
While global warming is being discussed (no debating), the grand daddy of global warming, big Al Gore is floating around on his 60' houseboat powered by twin turbo diesels. Oh, that's right, now he has converted to bio-fuel since he was caught by a reporter. He is also trying to figure out with his pal, Henry Wallace how they can revitalize their carbon credit business which has dwindled to virtually nothing. Ah, carbon credits which are pieces of paper one can buy that reduce your carbon footprint. Ha. Sure they do. Old Al has made hundred of millions with his good old global warming fraudulent claims, along with his lie filled movie that won him an Oscar and millions more for his wallet. What a blowhard hypocrite. Oh well, our government will spend billions and billions more to combat global warming and to line the pockets of people who should be charged with defrauding the American taxpayer.
Dang, it sure seems cold this morning for Spring.

Good post, nothing like hypocrisy from a libtard that glows in the dark to light up their day. And Gore is the master of deceit.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#8108 Apr 29, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Great Flood did happen, it is hardly surprising that more than one account would appear. An interesting difference though is that if a boat were built according to the Gilgamesh account it would basically be a cube that would be rolled over and over in the water. Conversely, if a boat were built following the Biblical description, it would be completely seaworthy.
Sorry, Noah's Ark was not seaworthy unless you attribute the invisible hand of divinely magical intervention, which is needed to solve a whole host of problems with the Flood story, but it sure makes a great story.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8109 Apr 29, 2013
Oh my wrote:
Oh, and these are such fine examples of, in THEIR words: a "national, independent, nonpartisan public interest news group" and a " nonpartisan organization".

Sourcewatch is an arm of the Center for Media and Democracy and was founded by John Stauber, an acknowledged Progressive environmentalist and political activist. The CMD has been described by Isthmus as "an activist group" and by the Washington Post as a "liberal organization". It received a $200,000 grant from George Soros through the Open Society Institute. And in their own words: "You don't need any special credentials to participate (on source watch)- we shun credentialism along with other propaganda techniques." Wow, that's a good way to ensure you have credible sources contributing to your website.

ThinkProgress is an arm of the Center for American Progress Action Fund, "a progressive public policy
research and advocacy organization"...to implement "progressive ideas and actions". They themselves declare they "provide(s) a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies", publish a newsletter called "The Progress Report", were awarded "Best Liberal Blog" in the 2006 Weblog Awards, and while they were promised $3 billion in 2003 by George Soros, they have also been criticized for their failure to disclose contributors - especially now that two former ThinkProgress bloggers are now Obama's White House Chief of Staff and White House Communications Director.
world wide flood- LMAO

United States

#8110 Apr 29, 2013
Anyone with half a brain can understand that a big flood may have and probably did occur in "Biblical" times…..BUT….. that it was a regional event much like the big floods that happen right here around the Mississippi R.(there was no FEMA) or in, say, Bangladesh. Old Noah may have indeed built a boat and through whatever hallucinatory device (bit it artificially induced or through intense personal belief) he was convinced that "God" spoke to him etc., etc. To suggest that Noah had knowledge of the whole planet is to ignore history. And to think that one man and his family could build a boat (even in their limited lifetime) that could house all of the animals (and I mean ALL of them) is absurd. Most likely the local river(s) flooded big time and the inhabitants of that relatively small region had their world rocked. Those passing down knowledge of the event naturally assumed that the entire world (planet? come on) was involved and that for such an horrific event to have occurred "God" must have had a hand in it. Punishment shmunishment….it was a localized flooding nothing more nothing less.
AUC

Kingsland, GA

#8111 Apr 29, 2013
I thought it's April 29, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rincon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christy Meyzger Sep 30 Cathy 2
Sex Offender works for Culligan...in and out of... (Apr '14) Sep '14 Lady Glock 5
TV, Internet and Phone (Nov '13) Aug '14 oking09 6
Sorry Neighbors (Mar '13) Aug '14 Lady Glock 4
Search continues for missing Guyton man Jul '14 Just me 1
Make money from home Jun '14 antonio wiggins 2
Bloomingdale child porn suspect caught by Effin... Jun '14 David May 2
Rincon Dating
Find my Match

Rincon Jobs

Rincon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rincon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rincon