Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't want lip stick on my but anyways. My wife would be mad. Ha Ha Ha. The point I was trying to make is that the Republican Party acts like they don't even care about working class people or the unfortunate. They want to kill affordable health care, SSI, Medicare and Medicade for Seniors and give tax breaks to the rich. I know people take advantage of the Social programs. I even know a few millionaires that still can't wait to get their SSI check every month. May be fair but looks bad, selfish and greedy. I know health care facilities take adbantage of Medicare and Medicade in the worst kind of way by unnecessasry hospital stays, treatments and tests. It's not just the poor doing bad things. I can not and will not support a party that does things like this. I am for ALL Americans, even the rich, but I think they should play on the same playing feild as the rest of us. You and I both know that they don't. Capital gains and tax loop holes and write offs the hardly pay any.
I have said for months and months, I blame Capitol Hill. The greed, corruption, immorality of our elected officials is just staggering. The republicans do not care and democrats only pretend to care. I do think it's hard to get ahead in this world, unless born into a wealthy family, or born of educated, working parents who wish the same or more for their children. So, I admire you for being self employed and making a way for your family. In today's world that's no small feat. Never doubt my compassion for the poor and those less fortunate, they deserve a chance, especially the children. I'm sorry if my comments offended you. Stay on this forum long enough, we are apt to be offended by many who disagree with our views. Our bickering and debates may not save the world, but at least we recognize the sad state of our country, economy and want what's best for everyone...
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just GIVE US A PERCENTAGE. Since you know, take two seconds, type it in and post it.
Like I said, I've responded to this before, directly to one of your posts.

39.6% on income, 39.6% on capital gains.

Those who take the most from our society can afford to pay the most to keep it functioning.

Conversely, I think EVERYBODY (with a few obvious exceptions), needs to pay at least 10%.
Doo

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Glorya wrote:
<quoted text> I have said for months and months, I blame Capitol Hill. The greed, corruption, immorality of our elected officials is just staggering. The republicans do not care and democrats only pretend to care. I do think it's hard to get ahead in this world, unless born into a wealthy family, or born of educated, working parents who wish the same or more for their children. So, I admire you for being self employed and making a way for your family. In today's world that's no small feat. Never doubt my compassion for the poor and those less fortunate, they deserve a chance, especially the children. I'm sorry if my comments offended you. Stay on this forum long enough, we are apt to be offended by many who disagree with our views. Our bickering and debates may not save the world, but at least we recognize the sad state of our country, economy and want what's best for everyone...
So true...thanks!
Taker

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who take the most from our society can afford to pay the most to keep it functioning.
Conversely, I think EVERYBODY (with a few obvious exceptions), needs to pay at least 10%.
And what minimum salary range do your numbers apply too?
$25k?
$50k?
$100K?
$200K?
$300k?
$400k?
$500k?

Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, I've responded to this before, directly to one of your posts.

Great post.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>Surely you jest! All companies are in business to make money. I tell you what quit your constant complaining about insurance companies and open one up yourself and give medical care for actual cost. Just how long do you think you would be able to cover all these poor sick people? Or better yet give people the insurance coverage for free. After all it is for the common good.
Of course all companies are in business to make money.

That's the entire point.

Let's review for those who seem incapable of grasping what that means in the context of health care.

A medical care insurance company charges the highest premiums it can - because it exists to make money;

It then does everything possible to pay the least amount in benefits it possibly can - because it's in business to make money.

That means people get the least amount of benefits for the highest cost possible.

Where else in the industrialized and educated world do people pay the highest costs possible to obtain the least benefits ?

Nowhere - because the rest of the industrialized world are not idiots - we are - and we are because medical insurance companies have b.s.ed the Right Wing to believe that's regulated "Capitalism" is always, always, always, the greatest thing in the world - even if its killing them.

The medical insurers love it - the CEO of United Healthcare received over a Billion Dollars for his part in the game. A Billion Dollars for one corporate shill.

Imagine how many kids could have received medical care with that Billion Dollars.

Every country in the world who adopted national "single payer" medical care loves it, keeps it, and would throw any politician out of office who threatened to take it away.

Our major trade competitors have it, which is why foreign manufacturers beat our prices - they don't provide medical card packages - the national governments do. This save Kamatsu some $10k per unit.

Want to bring manufacturing back to the USA ? Implement "single payer" medical care at a national level.

Doo

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

As long as the rich man owns the Majority of Congress the rich has protection from fair taxes. It won't take too many people to upset this Majority and things will change dramatically for the rich man. That's the reason for all the lies and distortions the right wing pump out daily.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
<quoted text>He obviously thinks a wealthy person, that likely strived and suffered along the way( while he just coasted along sitting on his porch), should pay his share as well as those that will not attempt to help themselves. I guess under their guise, those that worked hard for
lifes luxuries should be paying for those with no ambition whatsoever. I guess they will with Obama wanting to "distribute the wealth". I bet Obama will never distribute his wealth.
Yea; it is so unfair to ask Right Wingers to pay their share.

The beneficiaries of the Walton Family Trusts, really slaved away behind those cash registers to be able to pay only 15% or less tax rate on that 89.5 BILLION dollar family fortune.

This is interesting:

The Walton family, heirs to the founders of the Wal-Mart Stores Inc. superchain, are worth nearly as much as the bottom half of American households combined.

The Waltons' value --$89.5 billion in 2010 – is equal to the worth of the 41.5% of families at the lower end of the income ladder, according to an analysis by Josh Bivens of the Economic Policy Institute. That comes out to 48.8 million households.

Let's l shed crocodile tears that the family that inherited the Billions through Trusts from Daddy,
and is now richer than the 48 million other American families combined,

Might have to pay taxes at the same rate we working people do.

The pain !

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Simply don't recall your former post. Have my doubts.

Okay. 39.6 on how much income,though? Same for capital gains. How much $ in capital gains? I should have been more specific and also asked for income, etc. Since you have already posted that BEFORE, that should only take a minute of your time.

"Those who TAKE the most from our society"????? Are your serious? TAKE? Daaaaaag.

At least you DO support EVERYONE paying something. I agree.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Taker wrote:
<quoted text>
And what minimum salary range do your numbers apply too?
$25k?
$50k?
$100K?
$200K?
$300k?
$400k?
$500k?
I agree. I just asked this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Doo wrote:
As long as the rich man owns the Majority of Congress the rich has protection from fair taxes. It won't take too many people to upset this Majority and things will change dramatically for the rich man. That's the reason for all the lies and distortions the right wing pump out daily.
I just have to ask. Do you think there are NO rich democrats???? You keep talking about rich republicans and how they are to blame for EVERYTHING. Of course, that is what you are hearing day in and day out from the left wing propaganda, but what do you think about all the rich democrats? If you think there ARE some rich democrats, do you they are looking out for you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, would you please post any links you are using to determine this? Thanks.(Don't EVEN try to convince us this is YOUR opinion. lol THAT dog won't hunt.)
suffocate

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, WHERE are YOUR FACTS? All you do is call names and make stuff up.
You are such a waste of time. Did you fail reading comprehension in grade school, or maybe they didn't have that when you were young. Name one thing I "made up", please! You have your head so far up your self centered a$$ you will soon Suffocate.
In the news today,
"On the question of overall party images, and which party cares more about the average American, Democrats enjoy an advantage over Republicans among women.
Twenty-five percent of women said they had a favorable view of the GOP in the Quinnipiac University poll, versus 42 women who said they had a favorable opinion of the Democratic Party. Fifty-three percent of women had a negative opinion of the Republican Party, versus 38 percent of women who said they had a negative impression of the Democratic Party.
Women also favored Democrats on the matter of which party better cared for needs and problems of people like them. Women respondents agreed, 59 percent to 38 percent, that Democrats cared for their needs and concerns; 35 percent of women said that Republicans cared for their needs and concerns, versus 60 percent of women who disagreed.
More broadly, Democrats also enjoy an advantage over Republicans on the question of which party better handles the issue of same-sex marriage. Forty-nine percent of all Americans said that Democrats do a better job, versus 28 percent who prefer Republicans. Independents favor Democrats, 48 percent to 26 percent, on that question, and even one in five Republicans — 21 percent — prefer Democrats’ handling of the issue of same-sex marriage."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
The beneficiaries of the Walton Family Trusts, really slaved away behind those cash registers to be able to pay only 15% or less tax rate on that 89.5 BILLION dollar family fortune.
This is interesting:
The Walton family, heirs to the founders of the Wal-Mart Stores Inc. superchain, are worth nearly as much as the bottom half of American households combined.
The Waltons' value --$89.5 billion in 2010 – is equal to the worth of the 41.5% of families at the lower end of the income ladder, according to an analysis by Josh Bivens of the Economic Policy Institute. That comes out to 48.8 million households.
Let's l shed crocodile tears that the family that inherited the Billions through Trusts from Daddy,
The pain !
LMAO...The wealth envy-itis shows it's ugly head AGAIN...

"Yea; it is so unfair to ask Right Wingers to pay their share."

Right wingers pay the same tax rates as the clueless and uneducated, don't they? Use the same forms and tax tables, don't they? Or, are you saying right wingers use different forms and tables?

Are right wingers the ONLY ones that make a lot of money? Are you whining about what Buffet or certain movies stars pay in taxes?

"able to pay only 15% or less tax rate on that 89.5 BILLION dollar family fortune."

Income taxes are on income (duh), not wealth. Their fortune has already been taxed. Duh.

"15% or less tax rate"

Oh, you mean the capital gains rate that is available to ALL tax payers? BTW, how do you know what an individual's tax rate is, it's not public information, although corporate tax rates can be easily found.

"Might have to pay taxes at the same rate we working people do."

They do. They use the same forms and tax table the rest of us do.

Your anti-wealth fury is targeted at people that are doing things legally and within the rules. You don't like the rules, probably because you don't understand them and the rationale for them...

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama is a nice guy and rolls with the flow. The "Affordable Health Care Law" is actually the right name. By poking fun of Obama, slandering him all the time and calling it Obamacare, like Obama was the only one behind the new law is just mislabeling it to something that sounds bad. It's simply not true. Googel "Obamacare" and then Google "Affordable Health Act" and you will see the right wings version and the correct version of what it really says about Patients Rights vs Insurance Companies. You wil find the law is on our side so don't be fooled.
Obamacare is quicker and easier to say and write. How is calling Obamacare slandering? Obama doesn't care that it is called Obamacare. He pushed like hell for two years to get it through Crongress and to get it passed and wants to take credit for the bill, so it is Obamacare. Whats your problem?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your tax on gross income or taxable income? What's the difference?

Is it on all income or is it an incremental rate? If incremental, what are the ranges for various rates (if any) and what are the % rates?

What's the current top rate right now?

Why the difference between "income" and "capital gains"?

"Those who take the most from our society can afford to pay the most to keep it functioning."

How is it that someone that makes a lot of $ takes the most from our society? Someone that wins a lottery is taking a lot from our society? A sports star is taking a lot from our society? PLEASE explain/define what they are taking.

So you want someone to pay over 50% of their income (your tax, but you haven't explained it very well, plus state income taxes, plus FICA) in taxes. Wow. You must want the government to have all kinds of $ and take care of everything. Not me.

"Conversely, I think EVERYBODY (with a few obvious exceptions), needs to pay at least 10%."

I agree everybody should pay something. How did you get 10%? ASSUMING it's on income, what about those that don't file tax returns or work "under the table"? They're not paying anything.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course all companies are in business to make money.
That's the entire point.
Let's review for those who seem incapable of grasping what that means in the context of health care.
A medical care insurance company charges the highest premiums it can - because it exists to make money;
It then does everything possible to pay the least amount in benefits it possibly can - because it's in business to make money.
That means people get the least amount of benefits for the highest cost possible.
Where else in the industrialized and educated world do people pay the highest costs possible to obtain the least benefits ?
Nowhere - because the rest of the industrialized world are not idiots - we are - and we are because medical insurance companies have b.s.ed the Right Wing to believe that's regulated "Capitalism" is always, always, always, the greatest thing in the world - even if its killing them.
The medical insurers love it - the CEO of United Healthcare received over a Billion Dollars for his part in the game. A Billion Dollars for one corporate shill.
Imagine how many kids could have received medical care with that Billion Dollars.
Every country in the world who adopted national "single payer" medical care loves it, keeps it, and would throw any politician out of office who threatened to take it away.
Our major trade competitors have it, which is why foreign manufacturers beat our prices - they don't provide medical card packages - the national governments do. This save Kamatsu some $10k per unit.
Want to bring manufacturing back to the USA ? Implement "single payer" medical care at a national level.
Your so full of it. Give me the factual information on the United Healthcare CEO making a billion dollars. Sorry dude but I don't believe it. Show me.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
This is interesting:
The pain !
You couldn't have picked a better example.

Walmart as a top-level policy is aggressively and intentionally pursuing the management strategy of taking the profits from their stores while pushing their expenses off on the American Taxpayers.

This is very real, very intentional, and very bad for America in, including everybody that reads this post. They in NO way are "good corporate citizens". They are downgrading America for profit.

To be fair, Walmart isn't alone in this. Let's talk Monsano, the major players in the food industry, the medical industry, big pharma, big-oil. Wall Street?

The solution to fixing America is to simply fix the corporate/big business stranglehold on our government and insist that if you want the benefits of American resources, American labor, American education, American infrastructure, American stability, American Laws, American defense, that you (corporations), behave in a responsible manner that isn't detrimental to America and the American people, and that you pay towards keeping those things operating.

It's that simple. And- The Republican Party IS the party whose main objective is to insure that those things never happen, to the detriment of the American middle-class and poor. Also that simple.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO...The wealth envy-itis shows it's ugly head AGAIN...
"Yea; it is so unfair to ask Right Wingers to pay their share."
Right wingers pay the same tax rates as the clueless and uneducated, don't they? Use the same forms and tax tables, don't they? Or, are you saying right wingers use different forms and tables?
Are right wingers the ONLY ones that make a lot of money? Are you whining about what Buffet or certain movies stars pay in taxes?
"able to pay only 15% or less tax rate on that 89.5 BILLION dollar family fortune."
Income taxes are on income (duh), not wealth. Their fortune has already been taxed. Duh.
"15% or less tax rate"
Oh, you mean the capital gains rate that is available to ALL tax payers? BTW, how do you know what an individual's tax rate is, it's not public information, although corporate tax rates can be easily found.
"Might have to pay taxes at the same rate we working people do."
They do. They use the same forms and tax table the rest of us do.
Your anti-wealth fury is targeted at people that are doing things legally and within the rules. You don't like the rules, probably because you don't understand them and the rationale for them...
+++ Great post! Tell it like it is! These liberals act like the only people that have any money are Republicans and that only Republicans should pay taxes. Only the poor are Democrats and should not ever pay any taxes. The producers should give their labor, time and money to the non-producers. For the "Common Good". Pure Communism. They are very sick individuals that wish to hang onto the coattails of the more independent, hard working, successful people.
I am just curious. How many successful Democrats want to pay all these taxes to the moocher society. Warren Buffett says he does, but the IRS has been suing him for the last 4 years trying to get him to pay millions in back taxes that he owes. He says one thing but then actually does the opposite. Typical sound good B.S. liberal actions. Talk is cheap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't want lip stick on my but anyways. My wife would be mad. Ha Ha Ha. The point I was trying to make is that the Republican Party acts like they don't even care about working class people or the unfortunate. They want to kill affordable health care, SSI, Medicare and Medicade for Seniors and give tax breaks to the rich. I know people take advantage of the Social programs. I even know a few millionaires that still can't wait to get their SSI check every month. May be fair but looks bad, selfish and greedy. I know health care facilities take adbantage of Medicare and Medicade in the worst kind of way by unnecessasry hospital stays, treatments and tests. It's not just the poor doing bad things. I can not and will not support a party that does things like this. I am for ALL Americans, even the rich, but I think they should play on the same playing feild as the rest of us. You and I both know that they don't. Capital gains and tax loop holes and write offs the hardly pay any.
"The point I was trying to make is that the Republican Party acts like they don't even care about working class people or the unfortunate."

Straw man argument, at best.

About half the country (plus or minus a few % points) votes Republican, what % of the country do you think is working class?

Not everyone that is rich votes Republican do they? Not every Republican is rich, there MUST be some working class people in there somewhere...

What if I say the Democrat Party doesn't care about those that make good money? Does it make it true? They ONLY want to take money from the wealthy and give it to the poor?

"and give tax breaks to the rich."

Oh, you mean those that pay the vast majority of taxes?

The top 10% of wage earners pay around 70% of federal income taxes, around half of all US households don't pay ANY federal income tax.

Oh, BTW, there's some liberals in that top 10%, too...

Another BTW, responding to an earlier post of yours:

My father (a small business owner) died when I was in my teens, he was ill for several year before he passed away. He had wanted me to go to college, after he died we didn't have money for that. I borrowed money (student loans), worked several part time jobs (including pumping gas in the middle of the winter in a snowy midwest city) and made it through 4 years of college with a good bit of student loan debt which took around 10 years to pay off...
It can be done. If I can do it,(most) anyone can.

Still another BTW, Obamacare will lead to a single payer, government run healthcare system. If you understand anything about healthcare, the economy, business, capitalism and competition, you KNOW that this is NOT a good thing. If not, you'll learn...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rincon Discussions

Search the Rincon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
President Obama Jul 12 Lyle 1
Search continues for missing Guyton man Jul 9 Just me 1
Make money from home Jun '14 antonio wiggins 2
Bloomingdale child porn suspect caught by Effin... Jun '14 David May 2
New to Area- Recommend Youth Softball Clubs for... Jun '14 Anonymous 1
Vandalism and petty crime in Pooler Jun '14 Maria 1
•••
•••
•••
Rincon Dating

more search filters

less search filters