Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#3610 Feb 19, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>you should know better than to underestimate the criminal mind,nowadays.a 19" b&w tv or even a wore-out microwave is fair game.
I'm told we have an "integrated" TV system down here, but I'll never know.

It's so "integrated" I can't work the damn thing. I try to watch football and get movies, try to watch movies and get family photos on the screen,

But mainly I watch a screen that says "Invalid Input".

What the hell is an "Input", it's about as useful as "Integrated".

I just want to watch football.

I end up sitting on the patio, watching an old TV with a long cable.

Come to think of it - my Wife is a smart one - maybe she likes me on the patio ?

No. That couldn't be it.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3611 Feb 19, 2013
for anyone intrested in 2013 silver eagles,you can try 800-323-5055 .www.currencyandcoin.com they're 39.95 per coin w/free shipping.(spot price of silver is about $30/oz. this is a fair deal,and the company is legit(i have delt with them before) i assume they are still available at this price.
driving me nuts

Uvalda, GA

#3612 Feb 19, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
driving me nuts
Moultrie, GA
The White Raven,
Most people think if cash is no good they use a debit or credit card!
ROFLMAO! But you see, as it is right now, that is in fact the problem. Money, Federal Reserve Notes as fiat{look up fiat as we should not post definions here too often} is credit/debt. It's actually an IOU. It's all one big Ponzi if you want to know the truth. Credit/Debt isn't an asset, per se, it's a liability. Check accoubting 101 to see if I have it right. The only reason paper money is accepted is because people BELIEVE that it has value. But does it really have any intrinsic value?
NO. What is the paper money backed up by? The full faith and credit/debt* of the US government, but what's going to happen with that?
I know it's probably very hard for you to see this, but what you put forward is very similar to the thing about people going to the grocery store and thinking everything will be there for them.
There will be nothing in the grocery store, and your credit/debt card will be only what it really is, a piece of plastic with some numbers on it and some logo of some failed bank or financial institution.
The skinny of about all of this is that the bond market, debt market and thereby the credit market, will implode.
For a much more complex explaination use link below and try to get a grip - while there is still time.
You're living in denial and it isn't a river in Egypt.
http://www.safehaven.com/article/28826/2013-o...
I don't know what you aretalking about me being in denial. My line about debit and credit cards WAS A JOKE! Sheesh
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3613 Feb 19, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm told we have an "integrated" TV system down here, but I'll never know.
It's so "integrated" I can't work the damn thing. I try to watch football and get movies, try to watch movies and get family photos on the screen,
But mainly I watch a screen that says "Invalid Input".
What the hell is an "Input", it's about as useful as "Integrated".
I just want to watch football.
I end up sitting on the patio, watching an old TV with a long cable.
Come to think of it - my Wife is a smart one - maybe she likes me on the patio ?
No. That couldn't be it.
if that cable has any cooper in it,i believe that i would bring it inside at night.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#3614 Feb 19, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>if that cable has any cooper in it,i believe that i would bring it inside at night.
Good point.

I better hide anyway, before it gets to be so "Integrated" I can't watch that TV either.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3616 Feb 19, 2013
White Raven you sound like a paranoid prepper. You go on and on and on about gold and silver, but tell me this. Where are you going to spend this gold or silver when things go as bad as you think they are? Them guns and ammo you're stock piling will be took from you, along with all your rations. There are alot of us that know how to live off the land and are not scared by all the bullsh*t we see on t.v. and the net. It will return to the bartering system if anything happens to the magnitude you're referring to. That's really what scares you, because the only thing you're good at is running your mouth and you will exterminated along with all long winded comrads. I for one can't wait. If your interested; you can buy all the ammo you want off the net or do like me and reload your own.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3617 Feb 19, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
driving me nuts
Fitzgerald, GA
I don't know what you are talking about me being in denial. My line about debit and credit cards WAS A JOKE! Sheesh
have you checked the royal canadian mint, lately.they actually offer some great 20 for 20 (dollar,face value)
Silver Eagles are the way they are because it's a no questions asked kind of thing about them, so there are the Silver Eagles, then older US 90% silver coins, and then all others and there are many others.
People will happily pay the premium for the eagles, and then there's is the fact that certain dates from past years have soared in price.
Off topic...I know. Just a question about Ellijay. Isn't the Whitepath Resort there?
The Whitepath Golf Course was always a good one to play in times past, but as to a Resort you may be thinking of the Coosawatee River Resort. CRR has fallen on hard times and apparently has many problems. Vulture type investors are active in the area. The largest property owner in CRR is reported to be bankrupt.
However, I'm very optimistic about Ellijay going forward simply because of the rivers and all that water they have. Atlanta has a big thirst and so something may happen about
that. Many fed-up Atlanta corporations could relocate to the area and their employees would be much happier.
Some of us see the how it is and are ahead of the game in many respects.
i would'nt worry bout that troll from n.c.i had a little run-in with him a few days ago bout the right way to set a wood post.to make a short story shorter- he don't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground!
driving me nuts

Uvalda, GA

#3618 Feb 19, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text> bout the right way to set a wood post.to make a short story shorter- he don't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground!
now considering you were talking about setting a post, THAT'S FUNNY
driving me nuts

Uvalda, GA

#3620 Feb 19, 2013

The White Raven:
"Also buying in bulk was fine in the past. Now not so much..." why not in bulk now? Do you have all you want/need? OMTE says "you can buy all the ammo you want off the net." I don't think this is correct for all ammo from what I've seen.Besides what is bought on the net is tracked by someone and once it's on the net it stays there. Now how's that for parnoid?:) Maybe it's just being cautious. I still think this government we currently have is not worried about my individual freedom.
At which point does one know when to make the trip to the bank vault? Does everyone have an individual tipping point?
Roll On Troll

Blairsville, GA

#3621 Feb 19, 2013
driving me nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
now considering you were talking about setting a post, THAT'S FUNNY
I think this guy drools on himself... Heck, I was trying to pity him when he went off about drinking and being bi-polar, but I won't hold back...

WTF was he commenting about setting a fence post anyways???

The poster who originally started the fence post thing, well, I think he was making a political statement, I.E., probably implying that some of the posters on the forum are as "dumb as a fence post" but no one seemed to catch that.

I'll just keep on trolling along now, thank you.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3622 Feb 19, 2013
Roll On Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this guy drools on himself... Heck, I was trying to pity him when he went off about drinking and being bi-polar, but I won't hold back...
The poster who originally started the fence post thing, well, I think he was making a political statement, I.E., probably implying that some of the posters on the forum are as "dumb as a fence post" but no one seemed to catch that.
seems like you pity just about everyone-except yourself!just how does that work? please don't hold back on my account.keep trollin'
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3624 Feb 19, 2013
Roll On Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
whether the original poster was making a political analogy or not,the point is that he was wrong about both.CLOCK HIM,RAVEN!!
Roll On Troll

Blairsville, GA

#3626 Feb 19, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Clock him Raven??? WTF are you his cheerleader. You can't be serious. That guy is doomsday nut.
I am quaking in my boots - please don't let him "clock" me... whatever that means!
Roll On Troll

Blairsville, GA

#3628 Feb 19, 2013
OMTE wrote:
I guess it means he's going to attack you with definitions or control you like a slobering dog with his all knowing knowledge. Be careful.
Definitions... definitions... they'll be the death of me yet!!!
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#3629 Feb 19, 2013
This White Raven believes in the midst of great caos and turmoil during the next depression that he will be able to calmly walk past the angry hungry crowds at the stores where all the windows have been busted out, walk up to the counter and buy anything he wants while the hungry angry gangs stand by and let him take it out to his car. And his car off course is full cause he just stopped by the gas station where the owner held back the angry, agistated crowds cause he only accepted silver or gold coins. Nah, ain't gonna happen that way. Most Americans could'nt stand missing one meal much less days without.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3630 Feb 19, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Clock him Raven??? WTF are you his cheerleader. You can't be serious. That guy is doomsday nut.
just a minute here,please.ain't you the same guy that was,just a week or so ago,threatening synergy and bill wanting some sort of wild west,high-noon showdown? and now,all of a sudden you're the poster child for pacifism? the founding father of the peace corps? what is this,a change of heart(no pfun intended).now,just what kind of nut does that make you?
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#3631 Feb 19, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>just a minute here,please.ain't you the same guy that was,just a week or so ago,threatening synergy and bill wanting some sort of wild west,high-noon showdown? and now,all of a sudden you're the poster child for pacifism? the founding father of the peace corps? what is this,a change of heart(no pfun intended).now,just what kind of nut does that make you?
dam,thought i was the one that was bi-polar!
soros

Atlanta, GA

#3632 Feb 19, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
This White Raven believes in the midst of great caos and turmoil during the next depression that he will be able to calmly walk past the angry hungry crowds at the stores where all the windows have been busted out, walk up to the counter and buy anything he wants while the hungry angry gangs stand by and let him take it out to his car. And his car off course is full cause he just stopped by the gas station where the owner held back the angry, agistated crowds cause he only accepted silver or gold coins. Nah, ain't gonna happen that way. Most Americans could'nt stand missing one meal much less days without.
Gold and silver will mean nothing during an economic collapse. I agree.
driving me nuts

Uvalda, GA

#3633 Feb 19, 2013
soros wrote:
<quoted text> Gold and silver will mean nothing during an economic collapse. I agree.
depending on how the collapse comes about isn't gold and silver likely to be of use? I would think it surely will at some point IF a recovery starts.
then to look at the dark side, which is where many seem to be posting about, why invest, er excuse me, why buy gold or silver? If you have the guns, ammo, and guts you take someone elses. That is if theirs isn't bigger than yours.(you get my drift in that last sentence I hope.)
soros

Atlanta, GA

#3635 Feb 19, 2013
driving me nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
depending on how the collapse comes about isn't gold and silver likely to be of use? I would think it surely will at some point IF a recovery starts.
then to look at the dark side, which is where many seem to be posting about, why invest, er excuse me, why buy gold or silver? If you have the guns, ammo, and guts you take someone elses. That is if theirs isn't bigger than yours.(you get my drift in that last sentence I hope.)
You can't eat gold. Gold won't keep you warm. Gold will not protect you from harm. Food & fresh water will be worth far more than silver or gold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rincon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christy Meyzger 19 hr Cathy 2
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Tue tammy101 2,072
Sex Offender works for Culligan...in and out of... Sep 7 Lady Glock 5
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
TV, Internet and Phone (Nov '13) Aug '14 oking09 6
Sorry Neighbors (Mar '13) Aug '14 Lady Glock 4
Search continues for missing Guyton man Jul '14 Just me 1

Rincon Jobs

Rincon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rincon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rincon

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]