Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Rincon Forum

Comments (Page 120)

Showing posts 2,381 - 2,400 of39,818
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only hypocritical if I don't acknowledge that there are parts of the system that unfairly favor me, and parts of the system that unfairly disfavor me, on the whole, like most working folks, I'm screwed.
Can't be more honest than that.
If you believe I will allow myself to be screwed even worse - good luck with that.
Well, it can be considered hypocritical if one criticizes a system, but then uses said criticized system to his advantage.

Not judging. Just pointing out.
Anarchy

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

neither...destuction to the republican and dem parties of America. yuck.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>great posts from you,synergy,zoltar and informed opinion.and a great idea about the superpacs,but even if this is done,we still have to try to do something about the lobbyists influencing all politicicans.more rational thoughts like these could eventually lead to a step in proper direction,whether in the right left or middle.
Lobbiests ARE a major part of the problem. As I stated, even the politicians we thought would represent us well have fallen for the lure. It seems they get caught up in the perks and then all bets are off. It's frustrating and disappointing.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it can be considered hypocritical if one criticizes a system, but then uses said criticized system to his advantage.

Not judging. Just pointing out.
Feel free to consider it so.

I'll disagree agreeably.

That's America - opinions are free.
Pop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I will support you.
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lobbiests ARE a major part of the problem. As I stated, even the politicians we thought would represent us well have fallen for the lure. It seems they get caught up in the perks and then all bets are off. It's frustrating and disappointing.
Your post is true, but incomplete; Do you know what a "bag man" is? That's all a lobbiest is, "gofors," "bag men (and women)" shuttling money from their masters to the political pocket.

The "perks" aren't the main reason why people go into politics to begin with; they're dishonest, greedy and run for office to get rich quick.

To get elected, they make promises, then when they win, hand out excuses and as long as they can keep us divided into two camps, they get away with it.
Donald Putnam

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I tried to get help for a problem with the VA from Issakson. Him and his staff did nothing but make the problem worse. After repeated calls I was hung up on because the 'adult' conservation the Repubs asked for was to much for them to handle. So, Issakson sicc'ed the FBI and the GBI on me for exercising my 1st Amendment while they refused to represent for me. A decorated disabled Green Beret. All you Republican bastards can kiss my ass.
Replying

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Donald Putnam wrote:
I tried to get help for a problem with the VA from Issakson. Him and his staff did nothing but make the problem worse. After repeated calls I was hung up on because the 'adult' conservation the Repubs asked for was to much for them to handle. So, Issakson sicc'ed the FBI and the GBI on me for exercising my 1st Amendment while they refused to represent for me. A decorated disabled Green Beret. All you Republican bastards can kiss my ass.
Why do I NOT believe you?
Donald Putnam

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Replying wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I NOT believe you?
Because your one of those stupid ignorant Repubs? Go ask the Gordon County Sheriff's dept who falsely asked for an interview about another matter. Then, sprung the FBI and GBI agents on me.
Donald Putnam

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

BTW that is my real name and I'll gladly give you my address if you want to speak in person?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

My full name look it up on Facebook, most of my military records are there for all to view.
Replying

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Donald Putnam wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your one of those stupid ignorant Repubs? Go ask the Gordon County Sheriff's dept who falsely asked for an interview about another matter. Then, sprung the FBI and GBI agents on me.
No, it's because I'm a Doubting Thomas and you sound like a fruit-loop with a big chip on your shoulder about something. IF, and it's a big if, the GCSO alerted the GBI and FBI about you, it's probably because you made a threat. They don't like that. Nobody does.

You know of course, that your military service record, even your MOS can be verified over the internet. It's public information (sans certain identifying information like SS number, DOB and POB, and medical file). It cuts down on the number of people who fly false colors.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

ur devaluing fruit loops and potato chips by using them in the same sentence as this nut job.

Jes Sayin
Replying

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

bored monitor wrote:
ur devaluing fruit loops and potato chips by using them in the same sentence as this nut job.
Jes Sayin
My most sincere and humble apology. ;-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is true, but incomplete; Do you know what a "bag man" is? That's all a lobbiest is, "gofors," "bag men (and women)" shuttling money from their masters to the political pocket.
The "perks" aren't the main reason why people go into politics to begin with; they're dishonest, greedy and run for office to get rich quick.
To get elected, they make promises, then when they win, hand out excuses and as long as they can keep us divided into two camps, they get away with it.
I've not heard the term "bag man", but it certainly describes their task.
I truly think SOME people become politicians because they want to help, THEN all the back slapping, special treatment, gifts, etc., goes to their head and it's downhill from there. They get caught up in their own importance and their allegiance becomes diluted. Your last sentence is spot on!
Lived there

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not heard the term "bag man", but it certainly describes their task.
I truly think SOME people become politicians because they want to help, THEN all the back slapping, special treatment, gifts, etc., goes to their head and it's downhill from there. They get caught up in their own importance and their allegiance becomes diluted. Your last sentence is spot on!
The term originated I think, back in the roaring 20s and had/has reference to people who, in the employ of organized crime families, real estate developers and agents, sometimes just ordinary business people (for protection) and very frequently lawyers, hand delivered grocery bags of cash to politicians, judges and the police.

Today it references facilitators, typically lobbyists, who instead of cash, "arrange" for wire transfers of money to off-shore, usually corporate numbered accounts in the Cayman Islands and Belize, in which case the recipient is almost always shown on a tax filing as a "consultant firm" to whoever is sending the money. Since neither country has a banking disclosure treaty with the US, there's no way the IRS can dispute the transactions in an audit or a court of law.

Drug money (cash) is handled differently. There a courier is employed, usually an aide or family member of the politician. As a "diplomatic courtesy," they pass through customs without inspection or having to declare the cash upon entering either country.

On a state or local level, since it doesn't involve nearly as much money, the procedures are far less sophisticated but still involve family members who technically receive the money for consulting services or, on the lowest level, often just a check or checks. If only a few thousand dollars are involved, cash is the easiest way to do it.

In another context, a "bag man" is someone who does breaking and entering to either steal something specific or leave something behind, like a clandestine listening device (a bug).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Replying wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's because I'm a Doubting Thomas and you sound like a fruit-loop with a big chip on your shoulder about something. IF, and it's a big if, the GCSO alerted the GBI and FBI about you, it's probably because you made a threat. They don't like that. Nobody does.
You know of course, that your military service record, even your MOS can be verified over the internet. It's public information (sans certain identifying information like SS number, DOB and POB, and medical file). It cuts down on the number of people who fly false colors.
Go for it peckerwood, That's my full name, I served 78-82 and my last job and duty station was Battalion Armorer for the 2nd Bat. of the 7th Special Forces Group Ft. Bragg NC. I don't hide behind a alias and I'll send you my address anytime you want to come knock that chip off.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Replying wrote:
<quoted text>
PS GCSD didn't do crap, never have never will, a part of that chip you speak of. I used the word 'event' that was what the FBI agent said our visit was about. While his GBI partner displayed his lack of prep and knowledge by being surprised I knew how make a field-expedient explosive device. Our elected officials funked reading comprehension.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Donald, I might understand. Thank you for your service to your country, and upholding the fundamentals.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
The term originated I think, back in the roaring 20s and had/has reference to people who, in the employ of organized crime families, real estate developers and agents, sometimes just ordinary business people (for protection) and very frequently lawyers, hand delivered grocery bags of cash to politicians, judges and the police.
Today it references facilitators, typically lobbyists, who instead of cash, "arrange" for wire transfers of money to off-shore, usually corporate numbered accounts in the Cayman Islands and Belize, in which case the recipient is almost always shown on a tax filing as a "consultant firm" to whoever is sending the money. Since neither country has a banking disclosure treaty with the US, there's no way the IRS can dispute the transactions in an audit or a court of law.
Drug money (cash) is handled differently. There a courier is employed, usually an aide or family member of the politician. As a "diplomatic courtesy," they pass through customs without inspection or having to declare the cash upon entering either country.
On a state or local level, since it doesn't involve nearly as much money, the procedures are far less sophisticated but still involve family members who technically receive the money for consulting services or, on the lowest level, often just a check or checks. If only a few thousand dollars are involved, cash is the easiest way to do it.
In another context, a "bag man" is someone who does breaking and entering to either steal something specific or leave something behind, like a clandestine listening device (a bug).
Thank you, Lived There. I appreciate you taking the time to explain the term. Very interesting and informative.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,381 - 2,400 of39,818
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Effingham County was issued at April 24 at 10:19PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Rincon Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rincon Jobs

•••
•••