Display weapon causes evacuation at B...

Display weapon causes evacuation at Boeing plant in Pa.

There are 15 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 22, 2008, titled Display weapon causes evacuation at Boeing plant in Pa.. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Boeing spokesman Joe LaMarca says a worker at Boeing's facility in Ridley Park caused the scare when he came through a turnstile at around 9 a.m. He says he was carrying a wooden mock-up of a rifle used for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Bob Nobuilder

Easton, PA

#2 Apr 22, 2008
who said you need to be smart to work at Boeing? looks like some dumb A** don't know wood from metal!
I should be more forgiving as there are people who just fold up at the site of a gun. That's because they are uneducated in weapons and there proper use as a tool. Top that off with "political correctness" and you have millions of morons with fingers in there ears!
vet

Frisco, TX

#3 Apr 22, 2008
1. doesn't ---not don't
2. their --- not there

millions more who didn't pay attention in grammer class
vet

Frisco, TX

#4 Apr 22, 2008
i can build models made from any material and make it look like any other material and i am just a common joe. i think that it is good that the powers that be have wooden mock-ups of weapons to use at air shows and such as these places are very difficult to secure. especially from mindless idiots!!!!!
S in LV

Louisville, CO

#5 Apr 22, 2008
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
sheeple!
American

Allentown, PA

#6 Apr 22, 2008
Or maybe they figured some tightly wound gun freak finally lost his noodle and brought it to work to off some people.

Seems more likely.
ABN101

Jim Thorpe, PA

#7 Apr 22, 2008
More gun phobes. You'd think employees at a corporation that builds military equipment would know what goes into the helicopters they build. Probably a gun-grabbing, liberal minded democrat. Maybe someone should find another job, maybe building Volkswagens.
Christina

Whitehall, PA

#8 Apr 22, 2008
vet wrote:
1. doesn't ---not don't
2. their --- not there
millions more who didn't pay attention in grammer class
You obviously have too much time on your hands.
Old School Allentonion

East Stroudsburg, PA

#9 Apr 22, 2008
Christina wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have too much time on your hands.
No, I believe he just appreciates that others didn't ( or did not) pay attention in school, otherwise they'd (they would) have used the proper word and/or
spelled them correctly. You see, if you follow these forums you'll (you will) find quite a large number of miscreants who can't (can not) spell.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#10 Apr 22, 2008
Thank you Bush administration for instilling extreme fear and paranoia in the US citizenry.
drmmkr

Cleveland, OH

#11 Apr 22, 2008
You must have been pissed many many years ago when Microsoft introduced spellchecker and you lost your job! Seriously, get a F'N life!!!!
Old School Allentonion wrote:
<quoted text> No, I believe he just appreciates that others didn't ( or did not) pay attention in school, otherwise they'd (they would) have used the proper word and/or
spelled them correctly. You see, if you follow these forums you'll (you will) find quite a large number of miscreants who can't (can not) spell.
old crow

Allentown, PA

#12 Apr 22, 2008
sounds like another case of highly educated IDIOTS
staberdearth

Waunakee, WI

#13 Apr 23, 2008
Bob Nobuilder wrote:
who said you need to be smart to work at Boeing? looks like some dumb A** don't know wood from metal!
I should be more forgiving as there are people who just fold up at the site of a gun. That's because they are uneducated in weapons and there proper use as a tool. Top that off with "political correctness" and you have millions of morons with fingers in there ears!
From a distance, I am sure that the mockup looked real enough, it is you who are the moron..this is not an argument about pro or anti gun or anything in between.

You are the kind of person I wonder about every time I go into a plant to do business...folks are so unquestioning and so unchallenging that all one has to do is look like you know what you are doing, say hello as you walk by with some degree of confidence, and folks will just let you slide, unchallenged. It is scary to think about the consequences of such laxity...
staberdearth

Waunakee, WI

#14 Apr 23, 2008
ABN101 wrote:
More gun phobes. You'd think employees at a corporation that builds military equipment would know what goes into the helicopters they build. Probably a gun-grabbing, liberal minded democrat. Maybe someone should find another job, maybe building Volkswagens.
Being a pro-gun,NRA member, and definite defender of the 2nd amendment type, I am amused by the comments of some of you. The onlookers did the prudent thing.

Let's reverse the action. Mr. "Falling Down" comes through the turnstile with a gun that, upon first inspection looks like a mock-up (because he's smart enough to try to pass it off as a plausible model gvien the situation in that setting). Everyone nods and waves him through.

We read about this disgruntled employee mowing down his bosses in a board room.. Everyone wonders why no one thought to question it...a full investigation is done. Folks on here criticizing any preemptive action disappear into the woodwork.

The tragic situation rejuvenates ultra liberals in their misguided zeal to ban guns once more...
Molon Labe

Doylestown, PA

#15 Apr 23, 2008
All together now.....

H-O-P-L-O-P-H-O-B-I-A

Seems to be a lot of that in Philly these days. Starting with Nutter.
old crow

Allentown, PA

#16 May 3, 2008
We can all thank the big eared monkey who lives and lies within our whitehouse,he's got most of the people in this country scared to death,of course now a days it dosen't take much to scare the sheep in our society,mostly because if the govt.would go on tv and tell them that it's ok to eat dog poop,you could throw away your shovel and rake,because most would believe our govt.and sneak into our yards at night and steal the dog poop for a bar-b-que,America has turned into a bunch of idiots who believe too much in our polititians,come on people wise up and learn how to think for yourselves.our uncle sam is an expert at telling lies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridley Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alleged Delco Nostra leader waives preliminary ... (Nov '08) Aug 10 USS LIBERTY 67
News A Movie Theater That Did It Right (May '06) Jul '16 bobc70 28
Trump Jun '16 Amazing 1
Morton PA Post Office May '16 Fed-Up USPS Morto... 1
Glenolden Pathmark SOLD to Collins ShopRite (Jun '12) Apr '16 Collingdale 8
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Glenolden, PA (May '12) Mar '16 Anna 6
what is going up next to glenolden cvs? (Nov '15) Feb '16 dmt 2

Ridley Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridley Park Mortgages