Man Killed in Early Morning Accident

Full story: WPVI-TV Philadelphia

It happened on Route 202 just south of Route 1 in Chadds Ford. Police say 52-year-old Richard Fife was walking in the right southbound lane when he was hit by a car and knocked into a northbound lane.
Comments
41 - 48 of 48 Comments Last updated Dec 22, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
passion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2007

Doll Baby wrote:
Whoever you are, you are a holier than than hippocrite! I am not denying that he had a beer, but his choice was to walk across the road rather than drive and risk his license and his work. He was the most careful person I ever knew and he knew his limits. I suppose my child was at fault 10 years ago when a 29 year old man who'd had his license for 3 weeks and had a history of seizures ( and that's why he never had a license before he was 29) and we believe had a "staring seizure" and flew over 3 lanes of highway and landed on top of her car killing her instantly. Yes, that must have been her fault.
Baby Doll, sorry about your lost.if i may say we serve the all- knowing god who keeps an eye on us all the time. God is never surprise , he knows everything before it happens. it sounds like you love him very much. keep him in your heart.i'll pray that god heals your hurting heart & send peace. peace & light.
passion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2007

Doll Baby wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. Haven't heard from Chubb in a while, hope he didn't have an accident.
Baby Doll don't think neg about others. peace & light.
Reality Check

Queen Creek, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2007

God have mercy on that Chubb person! He or she is going to need it on Judgement Day, like so many lost and unfeeling souls.

My prayers are with your family in this time of loss.
Duh

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

blah blah bla
Ricks Cousin Ken

Woodbridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2007

So much time has passed... and we still miss them, don't we? Frequently I'll see a gesture in another person that reminds me of Rick. Or I'll hear someone say something funny and think "that's the kind of thing Rick would say!" I'm about to attend a class reunion, and as I look over the list of names, I see the ones that have died. It is hard to believe. But death is one of the difficult realities of life.
Ecclesiastes 9:12
Moreover, no man knows when his hour will come:
As fish are caught in a cruel net,
or birds are taken in a snare,
so men are trapped by evil times
that fall unexpectedly upon them.
One of two things will happen: either we will fulfill our appointed days, or Jesus will return when we are not expecting Him. Matthew 24:35-37 says, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

Linwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

i hope the family and friends of rick are doing well,we all know he was a great guy who would help anyone/anytime,i enjoyed many motorcycle shows and bike rides with rick
TJJMC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

I knew Rick well enough. His parents caroline & his late father walter were neighbors of my parents at the jersey shore and it was through them that I met Rick. He and I shared an interest in many things including motorcycling and love of the Navy. In fact we both served on the U.S.S. Little Rock but at different times. Rick was a very intelligent and compassionate guy, we broke bread together, shared our experiences and many a "cup of joe" (that's navy slang).

We rode together on our bikes, he on his harley & me on my honda but the fun was in the ride not what we were riding.

I'll forever miss Rick, my friend.

Ken

Woodbridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2008

TJJMC wrote:
I knew Rick well enough. His parents caroline ... many a "cup of joe" (that's navy slang).
We rode together on our bikes, he on his harley & me on my honda but the fun was in the ride not what we were riding.
I'll forever miss Rick, my friend.
TJJMC - Rick's Mom (my aunt) is doing pretty well, considering her age, and hard times. Glad to learn that you shared coffee and conversation with Rick, too. Although we were cousins, he was like a brother. I still think about Rick frequently.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ridley Park Discussions

Search the Ridley Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Wed John 51,197
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Wed bobby6464 3,826
Review: comfort care heating & air conditioning Jul 28 kathy 1
Playtown Park Pictures Sought (Nov '06) Jul 28 richard 66
sams saloon Jul 13 erin 1
Hillel, a safe haven for Israel supporters Jul 12 indict judy Genshaft 4
Prospect Police Mar '14 bystander 1
•••
•••

Ridley Park News Video

•••
Ridley Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters