Man Killed in Early Morning Accident

Man Killed in Early Morning Accident

There are 48 comments on the WPVI-TV Philadelphia story from Jun 4, 2006, titled Man Killed in Early Morning Accident. In it, WPVI-TV Philadelphia reports that:

It happened on Route 202 just south of Route 1 in Chadds Ford. Police say 52-year-old Richard Fife was walking in the right southbound lane when he was hit by a car and knocked into a northbound lane.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPVI-TV Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ken Lodge

Lansdale, PA

#1 Jun 7, 2006
A warm and friendly man, Rick always offered a smile, a kind word, and a power-lifter's handshake. The world was a better place when Richard Fife was a part of it. I will miss my brother.
Donna Hall

AOL

#2 Jun 7, 2006
Ken Lodge wrote:
A warm and friendly man, Rick always offered a smile, a kind word, and a power-lifter's handshake. The world was a better place when Richard Fife was a part of it. I will miss my brother.
Thank you Ken for your kind words You have touched me deeply. I will miss my dear Brother more than this world will ever know..I to wish i could have had one more cup of joe as he called it with him
I will miss him terribly but I know he is with our Heavenly Father now.*
Doll Baby

King Of Prussia, PA

#3 Jun 8, 2006
He was the great love of my life. I hope he's at peace now and my life will not be the same without him.
The Chubb institute

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jun 9, 2006
With all due respect inquiring minds would like to know what the heck was he doing walking on a main highway at that hour of the morining?

Was he wearing the proper attire for that kind of dangerous activity? ie reflective clothing, safety vest.

Or was he just another indigent with mental illness that should have had more supervision?
Ken Lodge

Lansdale, PA

#5 Jun 9, 2006
The Chubb institute wrote:
With all due respect inquiring minds would like to know what the heck was he doing walking on a main highway at that hour of the morining?
Was he wearing the proper attire for that kind of dangerous activity? ie reflective clothing, safety vest.
Or was he just another indigent with mental illness that should have had more supervision?
He lived just off 202, at that location. He was crossing to his home. I'm sure that he simply failed to look both ways, perhaps having already concluded that there were very few cars on the road. Judgement error. No mental illness. If you'd met Rick, you'd have seen that he was a bright man. He had a wealth of life experience, and often shared insightful points of view. A productive employee - a loyal friend.
The Chubb institute

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jun 9, 2006
Excuse me but at 2:30am he was going to a bar? And did not want to drive because of the ramifications of another DUI?

Sounds like he had a substance abuse problem that was part and parcel to him dying. Was he intoxicated while a pedestrian? And if he wasn't on his way to the bar he would have been on his way back home. Dangerous behavior and bad judgement.

I'm sure he was a fine man and a nice guy, but all of you who have professed love and care for him might have channeled it into getting this guy some help. IMHO
The Chubb institute

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jun 9, 2006
I guess my point is if someone had been more proactive with regards to his alcoholism you might still have him around today.
Joyce Keeler

AOL

#8 Jun 11, 2006
The Chubb institute wrote:
I guess my point is if someone had been more proactive with regards to his alcoholism you might still have him around today.
I am the sister of Rick and I don't think I have ever heard such heartless, insensitive remarks in my life. I work in a local hospital and encounter many families, like ours, with loved ones that have had struggles. I am thankful that I have the privilege of offering love and comfort to them in their times of sorrow. Compassion is a word you obviously have no acquaintance with. However, I wish you and your family health and blessing and pray that you do not ever have to endure the pain of such loss in such a tragic way. Jesus Christ was my brothers ally and friend and took him home at the exact moment he was to leave this earth. This Jesus loves you, me and my brother without condemnation and condition in life and in death. I pray that you know Him, but if not He has his arms outstretched towards you. He IS compassion and LIFE.
Joyce Keeler

AOL

#9 Jun 11, 2006
Doll Baby wrote:
He was the great love of my life. I hope he's at peace now and my life will not be the same without him.
who is Doll BAby? who ever you are thanks for your kind words.
The Chubb institute

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jun 12, 2006
Joyce Keeler wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the sister of Rick and I don't think I have ever heard such heartless, insensitive remarks in my life. I work in a local hospital and encounter many families, like ours, with loved ones that have had struggles. I am thankful that I have the privilege of offering love and comfort to them in their times of sorrow. Compassion is a word you obviously have no acquaintance with. However, I wish you and your family health and blessing and pray that you do not ever have to endure the pain of such loss in such a tragic way. Jesus Christ was my brothers ally and friend and took him home at the exact moment he was to leave this earth. This Jesus loves you, me and my brother without condemnation and condition in life and in death. I pray that you know Him, but if not He has his arms outstretched towards you. He IS compassion and LIFE.
Bull and you know it. Why did you not address the assertion that this individual needed help?

Everyone experiences tragedy and loss in life you are not unique.
Doll Baby

King Of Prussia, PA

#11 Jun 12, 2006
Excuse me Chubb, but Rick never had a DUI! Do not judge someone by what you read in the newspaper. He had his reasons for doing what he did. And I think I know why.
Joyce, Doll Baby is what Rick used to call me. The love of my life and the child of my womb were killed about 6 miles apart and 10 years apart. My heart is heavy and I am in so much pain. I need to believe he is at peace in heaven with his father, my child, and will meet my mother whom he had met on earth and that she is well and whole.
The Chubb institute

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jun 12, 2006
Doll Baby wrote:
Excuse me Chubb, but Rick never had a DUI! Do not judge someone by what you read in the newspaper. He had his reasons for doing what he did. And I think I know why.
Joyce, Doll Baby is what Rick used to call me. The love of my life and the child of my womb were killed about 6 miles apart and 10 years apart. My heart is heavy and I am in so much pain. I need to believe he is at peace in heaven with his father, my child, and will meet my mother whom he had met on earth and that she is well and whole.
Tell that to the journalists that wrote it in thier articles not me.

You can deny a drinking problem was involved and therein lies the problem with regards to the eventual outcome.
Doll Baby

King Of Prussia, PA

#13 Jun 12, 2006
Whoever you are, you are a holier than than hippocrite! I am not denying that he had a beer, but his choice was to walk across the road rather than drive and risk his license and his work. He was the most careful person I ever knew and he knew his limits. I suppose my child was at fault 10 years ago when a 29 year old man who'd had his license for 3 weeks and had a history of seizures ( and that's why he never had a license before he was 29) and we believe had a "staring seizure" and flew over 3 lanes of highway and landed on top of her car killing her instantly. Yes, that must have been her fault.
Sarah

Kennett Square, PA

#14 Jun 12, 2006
Whether he was drunk or tired or upset or sober or whatever I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I don't think the Chubb Institute person's comments are appropriate at this time. Don't crush people when they need to be lifted up.

What a tragic death - and I feel badly for the drivers of the cars too. Maybe they had a momentary lapse in judgment and were driving too fast, perhaps they were both obeying all trafic laws and just couldn't stop... what a horrible regret to have to live with. I hope both drivers can find peace and I hope the family is able to find comfort from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Sarah

Kennett Square, PA

#15 Jun 12, 2006
Oh man! I meant to type INAPPROPRIATE. What a stupid typo. His/her comments are totally inappropriate and unloving.
The Chubb institute

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jun 12, 2006
How am "I" being hypocritical??(Hippo?)

Never claimed anything about about your seizure case so trying to dump your feelings of guilt on me are a pointless waste of time.

Why are you all in so much denial about this guy? "A beer?"

C'mon Denial=Don't even know I am lying
Doll Baby

King Of Prussia, PA

#17 Jun 12, 2006
Apparently you have never experienced a tragic death such as I and his family have. But when you do, I sure hope you don't run into people as stupid and insensitive as you appear to be. As for my child's death, I'm not trying to "dump" guilt on you, I'm simply trying to point out that tragic accidents happen, I'm comparing the 2. I'm not in denial, I knew him. You didn't. And what do you mean, C'mon Denial= Don't even know I am lying.? I know he's in heaven, he was a devout Christian man. And he's there with my child and my family. I don't think you'll make it there.
Doll Baby

King Of Prussia, PA

#18 Jun 12, 2006
Sarah wrote:
Oh man! I meant to type INAPPROPRIATE. What a stupid typo. His/her comments are totally inappropriate and unloving.
Did you know Rick? You sound like a kind person. Write to me.
Doll Baby

King Of Prussia, PA

#19 Jun 12, 2006
Joyce Keeler wrote:
<quoted text>
who is Doll BAby? who ever you are thanks for your kind words.
Joyce, I think this individual, Chubb is a wacko and anything we say to him/her will not penetrate. We should stop wasting our time on Chubb. Instead, WE will remember Ricky as we knew him. Chubb is beyond redemption.
Sarah

Kennett Square, PA

#20 Jun 12, 2006
Doll Baby wrote:
<quoted text> Did you know Rick? You sound like a kind person. Write to me.
I didn't know Rick. I just happened upon this sight and was deeply disturbed that anyone would take this as an opportunity to badger and lecture a family suffering from the loss of a loved one. I wish you peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridley Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From Mexico to Swarthmore, a dream now in danger Sep 10 Wildchild 2
Murder of James F. Robinson in October 1963 (Dec '14) Aug '17 just saying 3
News 10 Best Values in U.S. Colleges, 2017 (Dec '16) Jun '17 USS LIBERTY 2
News Alleged Delco Nostra leader waives preliminary ... (Nov '08) May '17 AIPAC mohels 73
Passing of a Hall of Fame Swarthmore HS legend-... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Anonymous 2
Loretta stasky (Dec '16) Dec '16 Oldfriend52 1
hermine (Sep '16) Sep '16 Peter 1

Ridley Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridley Park Mortgages