Artist Jo Lee Rodke (last name was Storm, Mrs Bernard)

Posted in the Ridgway Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Nov 3, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
janisroelofson-y ahoo-com

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Does anyone recognize the name Jo Lee Rodke who lived and taught art classes in the Telluride CO area? Do you or anyone you know have a painting by Jo Lee Rodke? I have been working on a book about her artwork and life since mid 1990'5. Bernard and Jo Lee owned a 2 story house which was on a corner in Telluride, I do not know the address as yet. See www.joleerodke.com for book information.
wahnita

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

I have a watercolor of a white frame house in the country, and painted on the other side, also in watercolor is a desert scene.
I also have a stationary greeting card size of one of her painting called Mexican Madonna, signed by Jo Lee Rodke. It is in "sepia like" tones. It was with some of my Aunt Jewell Adams things I have. My aunt would be over 100 yrs old if she were still alive and she lived in Arizona, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.
lynn in chandler az

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

i have a water color of JoLee Rodke that belonged to my parents. it was purchased in the 1950's when we lived in Coolidge Az. It is a southwest painting a couple in a wagon with sahuaro cactus and a small adobe house in the background. i do not know where they got it or how much they paid for it.
janisroelofson yahoo com

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Please email me: janisroelofson@yahoo.com would love to know more for the book about JO LEE RODKE
wahnita wrote:
I have a watercolor of a white frame house in the country, and painted on the other side, also in watercolor is a desert scene.
I also have a stationary greeting card size of one of her painting called Mexican Madonna, signed by Jo Lee Rodke. It is in "sepia like" tones. It was with some of my Aunt Jewell Adams things I have. My aunt would be over 100 yrs old if she were still alive and she lived in Arizona, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.
janisroelofson yahoo com

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Please email me: janisroelofson@yahoo.com would love to know more for the book about JO LEE RODKE
lynn in chandler az wrote:
i have a water color of JoLee Rodke that belonged to my parents. it was purchased in the 1950's when we lived in Coolidge Az. It is a southwest painting a couple in a wagon with sahuaro cactus and a small adobe house in the background. i do not know where they got it or how much they paid for it.
Jo Lee Rodke painting

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Until now I didn't know anyone had left a message on here. My email is janisroelofson@yahoo.com
wahnita wrote:
TubacGoebel

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

We own 2 Rodke watercolors. Purchased 25 year or more ago. Rodke lived some where near Casa Grand and was quite old at the time. Would like to know more if anyone has information.
janisroelofsonya hoocom

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

TubacGoebel wrote:
We own 2 Rodke watercolors. Purchased 25 year or more ago. Rodke lived some where near Casa Grand and was quite old at the time. Would like to know more if anyone has information.
Not only do I have information about her (my step-grandmother), I compiled a book about her art and her life. The book has many photos of paintings done by her, and many sketches also.
janisroelofsonya hoocom

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

By the way, I no longer have the web pages
www.joleerodke.com or
www.joleerodke-art.com
Request by Janis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

If you send an e-mail, please type "Jo Lee Rodke" in the subject so I won't delete your note as spam.
danielle

Saratoga Springs, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2011

I have a pleasing gouache/watercolor southwestern landscape of a stone wall and old adobe dwellings, verdant with trees and a mountainous backdrop. Neat yellow sky, feels like a warm morning. Info on one of my art sites talks about her as primarily a portrait artist, but everyone commenting here also has a landscape. The askart.com bio is WPA-related, maybe someone who knows more should update her info
Jo Lee Rodke

Rimrock, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

danielle wrote:
I have a pleasing gouache/watercolor southwestern landscape of a stone wall and old adobe dwellings, verdant with trees and a mountainous backdrop. Neat yellow sky, feels like a warm morning. Info on one of my art sites talks about her as primarily a portrait artist, but everyone commenting here also has a landscape. The askart.com bio is WPA-related, maybe someone who knows more should update her info
Reply Please contact me at janisroelofson@yahoo.com, I live in AZ and am a member of the Historical Society in Florence AZ where Jo Lee was a charter member, there are three of her paintings at the Museum: 1 portrait of Billie Treat, and 2 landscapes (a desert with Palo Verde tree, the Blackwater Church)
J A V O

Chesterland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

I own a watercolor picture, a desert scene with several cactus, sage brush a road leading to some mountains in the background. A very beautiful picture that I inherited from my grandpartens.
Mary Newman

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I was a student of Jo Lee Rodke from 1950 to 1954 in Shawnee. I had a lot of respect for her as a teacher and a person. I would like to know where I might find a copy of the book about her.
Carolyn Pinkston McGuire

Quitman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Mrs Rodke was my teacher in Shawnee, Oklahoma. I loved her. I had been to New Orleans and had a street portrait done which she hated. She said come back after school. When I came back she got out pastels and did a large portrait of me which I still treasure.8
marva

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

TubacGoebel wrote:
They lived in florence, Az.
miguel mendivil

Tijuana, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

hola tengo una pintura de jo lee rodke se llama SON OF THE WEST A ALGUIEN LE INTERESA COMPRARLA VIVO EN SAN LUIS RIO COLORADO SONORA FRONTERA CON YUMA ARIZONA. MI MOBIL ES DESDE EE.UU 011 52 6531151231
miguel mendivil

Tijuana, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

janisroelofson-yahoo-com wrote:
Does anyone recognize the name Jo Lee Rodke who lived and taught art classes in the Telluride CO area? Do you or anyone you know have a painting by Jo Lee Rodke? I have been working on a book about her artwork and life since mid 1990'5. Bernard and Jo Lee owned a 2 story house which was on a corner in Telluride, I do not know the address as yet. See www.joleerodke.com for book information.
hola tengo una pintura de jo lee rodke se llama SON OF THE WEST A ALGUIEN LE INTERESA COMPRARLA VIVO EN SAN LUIS RIO COLORADO SONORA FRONTERA CON YUMA ARIZONA. MI MOBIL ES DESDE EE.UU 011 52 6531151231
miguel mendivil

Tijuana, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

marva wrote:
<quoted text> They lived in florence, Az.
miguel mendivil

Tijuana, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Mary Newman wrote:
I was a student of Jo Lee Rodke from 1950 to 1954 in Shawnee. I had a lot of respect for her as a teacher and a person. I would like to know where I might find a copy of the book about her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ridgway Discussions

Search the Ridgway Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Ridgway, CO (Mar '11) Thu J R Alford 15
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Jul 23 GreeleyGrizzler 286
Frick Burden Dies in Pagosa Springs (Dec '13) Jun '14 Tom Gardner 2
Tim Selby Jr Jun '14 Kimona 1
Oprah Winfrey targeted by neighbor in bizarre l... May '14 Sig 10
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Apr '14 paula baby 30
CO Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Ryell 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ridgway Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ridgway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE