Fan

Bronx, NY

#1383 Jan 15, 2007
Bellport doesnt need to put a HELP wanted sign up, they can easily get people to play
Foot fan

New Brunswick, NJ

#1385 Jan 15, 2007
Already been there. A few years ago Chaminade and Kellenberg sued to try and join the public league. Guess what the publics said- It was not fair to let them in. They will take teams like Friends and Mercy but the "Nades, St A's H.T are all too god for their leagues to compete against.
Longwood Football

AOL

#1384 Jan 15, 2007
You had better hope Sonny does come back..Murphy great coach..you gotta be kidding..it was the worse coaching experience I have had, three years with him.good luck Bellport with Murphy coaching
Bellport Red

AOL

#1386 Jan 15, 2007
Longwood Football wrote:
You had better hope Sonny does come back..Murphy great coach..you gotta be kidding..it was the worse coaching experience I have had, three years with him.good luck Bellport with Murphy coaching
I am a fan of Longwood and Bellport Football, because of the Cipp connection, and the year after Murph and Jeff Cipp left Longwood won the Long Island championship. The kids who won that championship, Taddeo, Candiotti, won it because of the coaching they received from Jeff and Murphy. Had Jeff and Murph stayed one more year at Longwood they would have won the LI championship there. But they did go to Bellport and did what??? Oh yeah, went to the playoffs their first year at Bellport, won the Long Island championship their second year, and went to the Long Island championship their third year and lost to Lawrence. Some coaching?? I would say that they are some of the best coaches on Long Island. Bellport welcomed Murphy and Cipp back with open arms, and in three years they got the job done. It's a shame that Kevin McCarthy let them go as coaches, they could hae done great things with the Longwood program.
Bellport Red

AOL

#1387 Jan 15, 2007
HUH wrote:
<quoted text> Well that bodes well for the future of Bellport football. Wasn't Murphy like 0-8 as the head coach at Longwood for like three years in a row.
Actually, Longwood had successful years with Murphy as head coach, and if you read my other post, the year after Murphy left Longwood won the LIC. You can't tell me that a first year head coach could have guided those kids to win. It was the coachng they had recieved from Murph and Cipp that led them to win the championship. Yes, Dewitt is a good coach, but you can't take over a team and win the LIC. All the kids learned from Murph and Jeff Cipp guided them to winning the LIC.
out of the loop

Edison, NJ

#1388 Jan 15, 2007
did you ever think that maybe the talent at longwood was just garbage the 2 years when they wenty 0-8 and 2-6 i would know i was on the team - because that is the reality - murphy has coached all-state and all-county wrs- all-state all-county dbs while at bellport the last 2 years - and get this - cipp coached 5 all-state lbs in 3 years 2 all-state lineman had the collata and zellner award winners and the runner-up to both awards this year - but while they were at longwood they had none - except for a few all-county lineman and linebackers - isnt that ironic - sorry but the reality was the talent was not there - explain how cipp could be 27-4 in 3 years as a defensive coordinator and be 12-20 at longwood - oh by the way when i played at longwood we had the best defense on long island - as quoted in newsday - we were 6-2 that year - our 2 losses to pat-med by 6 and lindy by 8 - the teams that played each other in the countys that year - and the next year after i graduated we went 4-4 and blew a 5-3 play-off berth when a rb fumbled the ball with a minute left while trying to run the clock out and decided to get fancy and the other team scored and won - murph and cipp are great coaches - murphy also was the offensive coordinator for longwoods only 11-0 team so i guess what he did worked then !!!- dont be haters - the proof will be in the results - dont knock people - oh and when longwood won there second long island championship it was with the seniors that were 10-6 the previous 2 years - they were murphs and cipps team ask all those seniors - they know the real deal - an dwhat was your experience - if your gonna call out my coaches say who you are - or did you not really play and you are just writing bullshit - becasue even though are record was not great our experiences and teamwork and discipline will forever be within us - forever brothers- dont write on here if you dont live by that!!!- and if you want to tlk trash - back it up with your name - dont hide behind the screen you wann be piece of s**t - what other programs at longwood have done any better than us - none -
Longwood Football wrote:

Since: Dec 06

Bellport

#1389 Jan 15, 2007
hey what did you guys do to boris? it's about that time where he jumps in with some moronic bs.I'm guessing he really was found out, it is too quite.
Pride

AOL

#1390 Jan 15, 2007
out of the loop wrote:
did you ever think that maybe the talent at longwood was just garbage the 2 years when they wenty 0-8 and 2-6 i would know i was on the team - because that is the reality - murphy has coached all-state and all-county wrs- all-state all-county dbs while at bellport the last 2 years - and get this - cipp coached 5 all-state lbs in 3 years 2 all-state lineman had the collata and zellner award winners and the runner-up to both awards this year - but while they were at longwood they had none - except for a few all-county lineman and linebackers - isnt that ironic - sorry but the reality was the talent was not there - explain how cipp could be 27-4 in 3 years as a defensive coordinator and be 12-20 at longwood - oh by the way when i played at longwood we had the best defense on long island - as quoted in newsday - we were 6-2 that year - our 2 losses to pat-med by 6 and lindy by 8 - the teams that played each other in the countys that year - and the next year after i graduated we went 4-4 and blew a 5-3 play-off berth when a rb fumbled the ball with a minute left while trying to run the clock out and decided to get fancy and the other team scored and won - murph and cipp are great coaches - murphy also was the offensive coordinator for longwoods only 11-0 team so i guess what he did worked then !!!- dont be haters - the proof will be in the results - dont knock people - oh and when longwood won there second long island championship it was with the seniors that were 10-6 the previous 2 years - they were murphs and cipps team ask all those seniors - they know the real deal - an dwhat was your experience - if your gonna call out my coaches say who you are - or did you not really play and you are just writing bullshit - becasue even though are record was not great our experiences and teamwork and discipline will forever be within us - forever brothers- dont write on here if you dont live by that!!!- and if you want to tlk trash - back it up with your name - dont hide behind the screen you wann be piece of s**t - what other programs at longwood have done any better than us - none - <quoted text>
Well said brother
coach

Edison, NJ

#1391 Jan 15, 2007
please leave names out of this - i am a coach and it is really disheartening to read what some of you morons write on here - - you talk about everyone but the reality is no-one knows anyone or anything - chat about what you want but leave the names and negative remarks out - because i know for a fact that most of these people you are talking about would kick anybodys ass - but they cant say anything here or know who is sayimng things because everybody is anyonomous - if you have a negative comment write your real name so then if the person you are talking about would like to speak to you personally it could be done - if you are not writing your real name - than dont write negative comments attacking a specific person - its simple - shut-up or step-up - dont hide behind the screen - write your name with negative comments - be a man - not a bitch - i cant write my name - but im not bashing anyone - so in the future add the name to a personal attack - so that someone can stick up for themselves if they wish - you nameless chicken s**Ts

Since: Dec 06

Staten Island

#1392 Jan 15, 2007
Musketeer Man wrote:
Stand down Rayski. Molinet made some very valid points. I tip my purple and yellow cap to him. He knows his CHSAA football. And you should, professionally speaking, take it easy with the Jabba the Hut insults. It ruins your credibility and shows insensitivity. I'm guessing you're no male model.
CI Guy,

Thanks for the comments and No I am no male model! LOL.

What points does Mr. Molinet make that you agree with and why?
for the good of the wood

Edison, NJ

#1393 Jan 15, 2007
Longwood Football wrote:
John Murphy has 3 county championships and 2 LIC's under his belt. That's more than Dewitt and McKarthy COMBINED!
boog

London, UK

#1394 Jan 16, 2007
Fat Nat wrote:
<quoted text>
Boog, is this one of those guys?
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9923696
yes indeed that is the man
the obvious

United States

#1395 Jan 16, 2007
longwood should win every year, they have 2500 kids to choose from,, 4th biggest school on the island, anyone can coach there and win... no other conference has teams playing other teams with a 100 player difference..

longwood 2500 students vs or northport 1513 students (longwood loss this year)or bayshore 1497 students

thats like bellport playing mercy or the ross school or port jefferson

longwood has no excuses.. fairly new school, plenty of players, awesome weight room.... any coach that puts his time in will win there
the obvious

United States

#1396 Jan 16, 2007
should be 1000 player difference above...
annie

Saint Charles, IL

#1397 Jan 16, 2007
how about a high school hockey talk back? It's hockey season!
Longwood Football

AOL

#1398 Jan 16, 2007
Never said anything bad about the Cipps..if Jeff is head coach that would be a team to watch out for, the man is great with kids, cares, takes the time for them. Murphy as a head coach..nah..bad choice, there is more to be a good coach then just the play of the game. It's doing all the other things that makes a difference too...getting the players names out there, film, college recruiting, which by the way should start with the big players in 10th grade, the importance of grades throughout their HS schooling, as a head coach he just doesn't live up to the job..Jeff Cipp is a good choice, he takes the time on and off the field. Oh..yes..2500 students which you say attend Longwood, do all the schools enrollment in other schools play football..I don't think so, it's always the same 60 or so kids that play the game.so you can't go by enrollment..but by the guys that want to play and what the coach brings out in them..so leave that one alone..
get the right

United States

#1399 Jan 16, 2007
60 players on a team.. some teams in d 1 have only 30 players on the team... be real longwood should win eveery year..
Bellport Pride

Edison, NJ

#1400 Jan 16, 2007
get the right wrote:
60 players on a team.. some teams in d 1 have only 30 players on the team... be real longwood should win eveery year..
by your logic that would mean that sachem should have dominated before they split, and that certainly didn't happen... all it takes is 11 to play football whether you have 300 or 3000 in the school, stop your griping, your argument has no bearing...
dead wrong

Coram, NY

#1401 Jan 16, 2007
the obvious wrote:
longwood should win every year, they have 2500 kids to choose from,, 4th biggest school on the island, anyone can coach there and win... no other conference has teams playing other teams with a 100 player difference..
longwood 2500 students vs or northport 1513 students (longwood loss this year)or bayshore 1497 students
longwood has no excuses.. fairly new school, plenty of players, awesome weight room.... any coach that puts his time in will win there
Your statement is too broad to draw that kind of conclusion. To say that just because a school has a bigger enrollment equates to success on the football field is not only inaccurate but suggests a cowardly attitude associated with a losers mentality. You should read the David and Goliath story or some assorted Aesops fables to gain a clearer perspective.

Here are facts to back up my statement:

1. If your statement were true, then Sachem would lead division 1 in county championships by far. They had 3-5 times the amount of students to pick from and great coaching, tradition, etc.

2. Bellport would not be the county leader in county championships because they are the smallest school in division 2. Plus, their weightroom leaves much to be desired.

3. Ward Melville would be a perenial contender in the playoffs, as they are the 5th biggest in division 1 but have not been in a playoff since the 1980's because it is a "lacrosse" school. Plus, their weightroom is college caliber.

Just putting your time in does not mean you will be successful. It is simply one ingredient for success. I can understand the theory of the larger pool to choose from, but it certainly does not mean anyone can win there. Get real!
Bellport Pride

Edison, NJ

#1402 Jan 16, 2007
the obvious wrote:
that also means, by your logic, that if you put bay shore or northport down to say, division 3, that they would dominate... and there's is no way that either of those teams is going to beat a huntington, sayville, or hills west, not this year at least... sorry Coach G, just provin a point, we still love you, haha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 37 min Bloody Bill Anderson 15,086
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 47 min Suffolk dad 10,596
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr UN Must Go 308,015
the U.S Bisexual Dating (Jun '13) 1 hr claire grace 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Twisted Nixon 46,707
Celebrity Nude photo hack 2 hr Monaie 4
Kerry says ISIS does not offer healthcare 3 hr Historian 3
•••

Ridgewood News Video

•••
•••

Ridgewood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Ridgewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE