Anti-Bullying Bill Has Tremendous Sup...

Anti-Bullying Bill Has Tremendous Support

There are 4 comments on the Ridgewood Patch story from Oct 28, 2010, titled Anti-Bullying Bill Has Tremendous Support. In it, Ridgewood Patch reports that:

The Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights already has enough sponsors to pass a vote in the Assembly; will be voted on in Senate next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ridgewood Patch.

The Truth

United States

#1 Oct 31, 2010
I totally agree. Liberal PC bullying has gotten way out of hand lately:
"Boy, accused of bullying, Kills Himself."
http://www.nashobapublishing.com/groton_news/...
"The Virginia boy, 16, a third-year student at the prestigious and private Groton School, was accused, along with two other boys, of harassing another student about his sexuality, according to his father, Walter Perkins. His father said he was told to come get Hunter immediately."
Calling a kid names is abhorrable, but it's FREE SPEECH. Ruining a kids life to the extent that he kills himself is BULLYING. Know the difference.
The Man

Anderson, IN

#2 Oct 31, 2010
Being a bully isn't free speech. It is a shame that this young man took his own life.
The anti-bullying policies of many schools took root in the aftermath of the Colombine school shootings. Some kids will suffer in silence,others may arm themselves and strike back.
I knew of a kid who was picked on in H.S. He was a small guy who played in the school band. He brought a knife to school and cut his harasser. Believe it or not he wasn't expelled.Just suspended for a few weeks. He wasn't picked on anymore.
chip

Paramus, NJ

#3 Oct 31, 2010
The Man wrote:
Being a bully isn't free speech. It is a shame that this young man took his own life.
The anti-bullying policies of many schools took root in the aftermath of the Colombine school shootings. Some kids will suffer in silence,others may arm themselves and strike back.
I knew of a kid who was picked on in H.S. He was a small guy who played in the school band. He brought a knife to school and cut his harasser. Believe it or not he wasn't expelled.Just suspended for a few weeks. He wasn't picked on anymore.
when was that they have stricter rules against bringing weapons to school now
The Man

Anderson, IN

#4 Oct 31, 2010
It was a good school that didn't have metal detectors like Willingboro does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liz Smith, Writer for NY Post (Nov '14) Nov 13 Gail Hawthorne 2
Bad policing by Washington Township police depa... Nov 12 John Huffman 1
News New SWAT team patrol units to roam Bergen County Nov 2 Hardknocks 1
News Police find robbery suspect's wallet at scene Oct 22 Parden Pard 2
News Saddle Brook councilman who resigned to run again Oct '17 Hcseg 1
1031 exchange properties for sale Jul '17 jimturano 1
Ridgewood Art Institute (Jun '16) Nov '16 Jack Kline 2

Ridgewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance