A&P Midland Park
Rick

Richmond, VA

#1 Jul 25, 2007
Yesterday, my wife was shopping at the A&P on Lake Street in Midland Park. Because someone had spilled clear dishwashing liquid in the aisle and A&P had not taken the time to clean it up, my wife fell, received numerous bruises and cut her leg. She was given a Band-Aid by store personnel and, once she was able to stand a few minutes later, was largely ignored. Because the blood quickly soaked through the original Band-Aid, she requested another but was told she would have to buy any add'l Band-Aids. In this day of litigation, that sort of stupidity is almost beyond imagination, but it in fact occurred. Accidents happen, but A&P's use of its own negligence to make a little extra profit is unforgiveable. I hope those of you who are interested in protecting your families or who simply prefer to do business with those possessing a little human decency will avoid this A&P. They don't deserve our business. Also, please call the store (sorry---this site doesn't let me give the phone number) to let them know just how the Ridgewood community feels about this kind of behavior.
suem

Adelphia, NJ

#2 Dec 19, 2007
The best way to get your point across is to hurt their pockets and file a lawsuit. They'll change their behavior very quickly.
Bill

Bronx, NY

#3 Dec 30, 2007
You sound like an ambulance chaser and rallying the Ridgewood Community won't really hurt this store. It serves 5 different towns as a flapship A&P and although the aisles are a little narrow, it's a great food store. Sorry about your wife but don't play the litigation card everytime something bad happens to you. Besides, what was your wife doing there being from Pelham, NY?
suem

Adelphia, NJ

#4 Jan 1, 2008
Bill wrote:
You sound like an ambulance chaser and rallying the Ridgewood Community won't really hurt this store. It serves 5 different towns as a flapship A&P and although the aisles are a little narrow, it's a great food store. Sorry about your wife but don't play the litigation card everytime something bad happens to you. Besides, what was your wife doing there being from Pelham, NY?
Not trying to rally any community, and it doesn't matter how many towns are being served. The store's management had no concerns about his wife's safety and/or injuries. I'm sure you certainly would not appreciate that attitude no matter where you are from. The only way to change their callous behavior and to force more civilized customer service in the future is to hit their pockets. That, I guarantee, will make them take notice. By the way, this is not the first incident of this type at this location. It sounds like there's a need for staff training.
Marcia

Fair Lawn, NJ

#5 Aug 15, 2010
Thank you for alerting us to this problem. I don't blame you for your anger. When someone is hurt, it is vital to give them the common courtesy of caring. This did not happen and as a result caused justifiable anger.

I am so sorry that your wife was not treated with respect and concern. The store's negligence caused her accident. I agree that this store's priority #1 is to have their staff trained in customer service. Even though this accident was some time ago, I still wanted to express my apologies for their error.
kate

Ridgewood, NJ

#6 May 30, 2011
i live in ridgewood and shop at this location almost every day and the main reason i do is because i think the people who work here are so accomadating and nice...there is always going to be someone who has an issue with anything but this store is not a place that should be given a bad reputation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would the Paramus Park Mall and other malls be ... May 17 Frank Gannucci 1
News Paramus Police Chief Richard J. Cary Announces ... (Dec '09) May 7 Chloe A Cary 5
News Passaic County Sheriff: 3 charged in drug bust ... (Jul '14) May 6 PuppyLove441 4
News Man Arrested for Alleged Liquor Theft of Food B... (Jul '12) May 1 moved 60
News These pop culture Easter eggs will inspire you Apr '15 ROBERT TAYLOR 1
News Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) votes to allow sam... Mar '15 Everlasting mo 15
Anyone Remember SportsWorld? (Nov '11) Mar '15 lodibob 8
More from around the web

Ridgewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]