Lake County woman accused of murder g...

Lake County woman accused of murder gets plea deal

There are 9 comments on the State Gazette story from May 28, 2010, titled Lake County woman accused of murder gets plea deal. In it, State Gazette reports that:

A 20-year-old woman facing the possibility of life in prison accepted a plea bargain Tuesday in Lake County Circuit Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at State Gazette.

LC Pillars of Society

Manchester, KY

#1 May 28, 2010
Lake County woman accused of murder gets plea deal

A 20-year-old woman facing the possibility of life in prison accepted a plea bargain Tuesday in Lake County Circuit Court.
Latandria "Rudy" Kimble of Ridgely pleaded guilty to reduced charges of voluntary manslaughter and aggravated assault. She received concurrent 10-year sentences on the charges and could be eligible for parole after serving 30 percent of that time.
Kimble had been indicted with first-degree felony murder and attempted first-degree murder. She was accused of using a car to pin Andrea "Angel" Pierce, 24, to a carport wall March 2, 2008, in Ridgely. Pierce was fatally injured. A 17-year-old Ridgely girl, who had been fighting with Kimble that day, jumped out of the way as Kimble's car approached.
The 17-year-old and Kimble were reportedly fighting over the affections of an incarcerated man. The pair exchanged threats and taunted one another as their friends and family repeatedly encouraged them to beat each other. The dispute climaxed that Sunday afternoon when the women agreed to fight with weapons on Bishop Street, according to testimony during a Lake County General Sessions Court preliminary hearing on March 26, 2008. Kimble was armed with a pair of scissors and reportedly cut the teen's stomach, chest, arms and head. The 17-year-old had a baseball bat and hit Kimble in the head at least twice during the fight.
After the fight stopped, the 17-year-old went inside a friend's house for a drink of water. Kimble got in her car and was preparing to leave.
Testimony during the 2008 preliminary hearing offered two versions of what happened next. The 17-year-old said she went back outside and Kimble drove over the curb and through the yard directly toward her. A passenger in Kimble's car said the teen began arguing again with Kimble, and Kimble drove across the yard toward her.
Kimble's attorney, Tim Boxx of the public defender's office, said Kimble showed signs of a concussion. She vomited and lost consciousness after being hit in the head. Boxx said a neurologist was prepared to testify that Kimble would not be capable of forming intent in her wounded capacity.
A state witness, also a neurologist, was prepared to testify that Kimble had suffered only a mild concussion and that it might have come from the collision with the carport wall. Boxx said the state's witness is not a wreck re-constructionist and couldn't determine whether Kimble's concussion occurred before or after she drove into the carport wall.
Kimble was scheduled to go on trial July 28. If a jury had convicted her of first-degree murder, Kimble would be sentenced to life in prison and could not be considered for parole until she served at least 85 percent of her sentence.
Boxx said the plea bargain eliminated the life sentence and could allow Kimble to be released from prison while she's still in her 20s.
Kimble has been incarcerated in the Lake County jail since March 3, 2008.
Kimble is considered a Range I standard offender, but in the plea agreement she accepted the equivalent of a Range II multiple offender sentence.
In both voluntary manslaughter and aggravated assault, a Range I offender may be sentenced to a minimum of three years and a maximum of six years in prison. A Range II offender may be sentenced to six to 10 years.
LC Pillars of Society

Manchester, KY

#2 May 28, 2010
In other Lake County Circuit Court action Tuesday:

* Walter Lee Livingston, 21, Hull Street in Dyersburg, was not prosecuted on two counts of conspiracy to introduce contraband to a penal facility. His co-defendant, a key witness in the case, could not be found in time for his trial, which was scheduled Wednesday.
* Cassidy B. Rogers, 23, 900 Tom Mitchell Road in Tiptonville, pleaded guilty to a Lake County charge of selling a Schedule III controlled substance in a drug-free school zone and a Dyer County charge of selling a Schedule III controlled substance. He was granted judicial diversion, placed on supervised probation for four years and ordered to pay court costs and restitution to the West Tennessee Drug Task Force.
* Sybil Schenk, 29, 447 Church St. in Tiptonville, pleaded guilty to casual exchange of marijuana. Her 11-month, 29-day jail sentence was suspended to 30 days. She will be on supervised probation for the rest of the sentence. She also was fined $250.
* David Tate, 35, 1601 Batts Blvd., Springville, pleaded guilty to selling methadone. He was sentenced to three years in a community corrections program, fined $2,000 and ordered to pay $140 restitution to the West Tennessee Drug Task Force.
LC Pillars of Society

Manchester, KY

#3 May 29, 2010
Woman sentenced on meth charges
Friday, May 28, 2010

Dyersburg State Gazette
A woman indicted last year on methamphetamine charges pleaded guilty May 14 in Lake County Circuit Court.
Amanda Beal, address unavailable, was sentenced to two years in prison on a charge of promotion of methamphetamine manufacture. She was classified as a multiple offender who must serve at least 35 percent of her sentence before being eligible for parole.

A related charge of initiation of a process intended to result in methamphetamine was dismissed.
Concerned Woman

Murray, KY

#4 Jun 1, 2010
My personal opinion, When someone kills someone, they should automatically get life in prison. That girl took "angels" life. Rudy shouldnt get out and have a life. Only life she should have is behind bars. Rudy took something from angels momma that cant be replaced, her child... I say Rudy should get life without parole. Just my opinion... Laws should change and have no mercy on ANYONE who kills someone.
amen

Murray, KY

#5 Jun 1, 2010
i agree! but the ''minor'' should have got in trouble too! angel died bc of her....
former employee

Nashville, TN

#6 Jun 1, 2010
I'm sorry to say when you make poor choices bad things happen. Everyone involved made bad decisions and now have to live with the consequences.
i guess

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jun 1, 2010
you just need to let god be in control.
amen

Jackson, TN

#9 Jun 1, 2010
agreed
next n line

United States

#10 Jun 24, 2010
Let it go and let the good man up above handle it he takes care of it all whatever time that she got was meant for her.It is really sad that something like that occurred but it did god will take care of her mother he will hold her n his arms like he is doing her child she is safe now from all harm and danger she is n gods hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgely Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristen and Brad Barnes 43 min Know 2
Ted Avery 2 hr Ash 1
Have a great idea ghosttowns 3 hr guest 4
Is it true that Samburg is the Meth/Crack capit... (Nov '10) 4 hr Guest 26
football coach leaving??? 5 hr guest 10
Cates landing money should have been used for n... Sat ClydeFraiser 6
Michael Wilson Apr 28 lcluv 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridgely Mortgages