Dueling bills on I-95 iTraffic speed ...

Dueling bills on I-95 iTraffic speed camera

There are 4 comments on the Lowcountry Now story from Jan 17, 2011, titled Dueling bills on I-95 iTraffic speed camera. In it, Lowcountry Now reports that:

Beaufort Republican lawmaker Shannon Erickson plans to introduce legislation to allow municipalities like Ridgeland to use a camera system to ticket speeders, following a protracted controversy and federal class-action suit over the town's approach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowcountry Now.

Captainalan

Fort Myers, FL

#1 Jan 18, 2011
Ridgeland is a disgrace to the entire state. If their use of illegal speed cameras continue no one will want to come to SC and spend money as tourists.

They have no business having their local police on the interstate. That is a role for the SC state troopers.

I can only hope that the various lawsuits prevail and that everyone who paid a fine has their money returned in addition to a fine for every ticket sent by the mayor and his band of theives.

Since: Aug 08

Oyster, Virginia

#2 Feb 5, 2011
local police have no business on the interstate in the first place unless it's an emergency. there are plenty of these small towns next to interstate highways that don't even have a traffic light yet they have purchased dozens of patrol cars with radar units for one reason only, collecting $$$$ in the name of public $afety...
fab

United States

#3 Mar 29, 2011
just a bunch of fat ass cops that cant do there jobs and rather have a donut and coffee on their laps

check here for their actual pics of their officers
http://www.ridgelandpd.com/meet_our_staff.htm

bunch of fat asses
riverman

Gainesville, GA

#4 Sep 21, 2011
yea they stop me last week and gave me a speeding ticket on 95...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Jabbar Williams - Arrested - Attempted Mu... Nov 30 Lonestar 4
james jabbar williams -murder suspect- black su... Nov 21 Lonestar 2
News Odd artifact leaves archaeologist stumped at Be... Oct '17 Mcemerson 1
News Robert P. Lanski Aug '17 MLS 1
News $4,500 stolen in armed robbery at Yemassee Doll... (Jan '17) Aug '17 Mike 3
Area marijuana smuggler sentenced to more than ... (Feb '08) Aug '17 Donald 34
Ridgeland Music Forum (Nov '12) Aug '17 Musikologist 15

Ridgeland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridgeland Mortgages