Trial to Begin for Inmate Accused of ...

Trial to Begin for Inmate Accused of Raping Prison Worker

There are 21 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Apr 9, 2008, titled Trial to Begin for Inmate Accused of Raping Prison Worker. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A jury has been selected for the rape trial of a 36-year-old inmate accused of taking a prison worker hostage more than a year ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Ridge Spring, SC

#1 Apr 9, 2008
Well lets see here...he is already serving a 50 yr. sentence and he rapes someone while in prison as well? Negotiators should have gonna ahead and saved me some tax dollars!!! POS!!
theeaglehasdisba nded

Columbia, SC

#2 Apr 9, 2008
i think since he is already in jail--they should just put him in isolation-'no winder-no nuddin---' and let him go nuts for the rest of his pathetic life. but i am sure he will be a getting 3 squares and dental coverage.
Thank You

United States

#3 Apr 9, 2008
youre-kidding wrote:
Well lets see here...he is already serving a 50 yr. sentence and he rapes someone while in prison as well? Negotiators should have gonna ahead and saved me some tax dollars!!! POS!!
I agree with you 100% That money to keep him housed, clothed and fed could be going to his victims.
Jackie

Cayce, SC

#4 Apr 9, 2008
You are a sorry no good for nothing low life. You have probably ruined her life-hopefully in time she can get on with her life. But as for you I hope you rot in jail. Buddy you know where you are going- and it is not heaven-sick-sick-sick
Dianne

Manning, SC

#5 Apr 9, 2008
POS
JDidGirl

Columbia, SC

#6 Apr 9, 2008
I'm at a loss as to why negotiators did just kill him. Did they have an opportunity to do so? He had a weapon and a hostage... why wasn't there enough reason to shoot him. This poor woman now has to live the rest of her life scarred over what this animal did to her. I mean, great... have a trial and I'm sure he'll get sentenced, but what's the point? He's already going to be over 85 when he was originally set to get out. Now WE have to support him. Man, sometimes I just don't know how to make this world make sense. All I can say is that there is a special place in hell for sick filth like this scum bag.
JDidGirl

Columbia, SC

#7 Apr 9, 2008
Sorry... I meant "didn't just kill him"... excuse the type-o... wishful thinking on my part that they did I guess

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2008
Too bad the negotiators didn't do as he asked. I say that we honor his wishes now. Take him out. This worthless POS does not deserve to live. Why should his victim(s) tax dollars go to keep up his sorry a33?
Correctional Officer

United States

#9 Apr 9, 2008
With all the recent news articles about correctional officers ( a few stupid ones) beating, or sleeping with inmates. I hope the public really sees the things that could happen to correctional officers at any given time, while on duty. This woman was just doing her job, not beating or sleeping with a inmate, and now see how her life is turned upside down. So please take a long look at what we correctional officers have to put up with at any time. And for those that wish the negitiators would have done as asked and killed him, the negotiatiors purpose is not to kill, but to perseve life, both the inmate to be brought to justice, and the hostage, if anyone would have started shooting in that room they were in no promises could be made that the woman would not be hit as well.

Ridge Spring, SC

#10 Apr 9, 2008
Correctional Officer wrote:
With all the recent news articles about correctional officers ( a few stupid ones) beating, or sleeping with inmates. I hope the public really sees the things that could happen to correctional officers at any given time, while on duty. This woman was just doing her job, not beating or sleeping with a inmate, and now see how her life is turned upside down. So please take a long look at what we correctional officers have to put up with at any time. And for those that wish the negitiators would have done as asked and killed him, the negotiatiors purpose is not to kill, but to perseve life, both the inmate to be brought to justice, and the hostage, if anyone would have started shooting in that room they were in no promises could be made that the woman would not be hit as well.
Believe me, I for one have all the respect in the world for what LEO's do. On my comment in particular, I'm just fed up with criminals getting free housing, meals, medical and dental at MY expense, my tax dollars. If we didn't have to house so many criminals, maybe the state wouldn't have had to cut the education budget and a few more kids that wanted to learn would have the proper tools to do so. This criminal must have been convicted of something serious in the first place to receive a 50yr. sentence so for the extra 15-20 he'll get for rape, do you think he cares? That's the reason I made the comment about wishing the negoiator would have complied with his wish. I also know he couldn't have done that, but it'd been nice, know what I mean?
Hello

Little River, SC

#11 Apr 9, 2008
Pull up todays Beaufort Gazzette newspaper and read about what really happened. After you read the story demand that Gov. Sanford fire Director Jon Ozmint for his actions when she was raped the first time. I wiil try to post the web site so all can pull up the newspaper. When you get it just do a search for Isaac.
Hello

Little River, SC

#12 Apr 9, 2008
The web site for the Beaufort Gazzette is www.beaufortgazzette.com

Search for the word Isaac and read what happened to the poor lady because of Director Ozmints action and the Governor should fire him and several others ASAP. If you feel this way also contact Gov. Sanford and demand that they be fired.
Hello

Little River, SC

#13 Apr 9, 2008
You must use your internet search box to pull up the newspaper.

www.beaufortgazette.com
underhay

Chapin, SC

#14 Apr 9, 2008
Jackie wrote:
You are a sorry no good for nothing low life. You have probably ruined her life-hopefully in time she can get on with her life. But as for you I hope you rot in jail. Buddy you know where you are going- and it is not heaven-sick-sick-sick
actually... all he has to do is accept jesus christ as his lord and saviour and he will, indeed, enjoy the same heaven as the pope and billy graham.(or, so the story goes)

“My people got here first!”

Since: Apr 08

Front Royal VA

#15 Apr 9, 2008
underhay wrote:
<quoted text>
actually... all he has to do is accept jesus christ as his lord and saviour and he will, indeed, enjoy the same heaven as the pope and billy graham.(or, so the story goes)
No, don't believe it for a second. A man who would do this could never truly believe in god. And it isn't enough to say "Jesus come into my heart and make me saved" There is still the act of repentance, and that is harder than just not committing your sins agen.
Daisy

Columbia, SC

#17 Apr 10, 2008
youre-kidding wrote:
I do agree with you 100%.
underhay

Chapin, SC

#18 Apr 10, 2008
CherokeeWarrior wrote:
<quoted text>
No, don't believe it for a second. A man who would do this could never truly believe in god. And it isn't enough to say "Jesus come into my heart and make me saved" There is still the act of repentance, and that is harder than just not committing your sins agen.
ask your clergyman. REPENT AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED. apparently, it doesn't matter what your sin is, all sins are equal.
yup, this guy can earn the same heaven as you, or anyone else.(or, so the story goes...)

“Missing my boys :(”

Since: Jan 08

Cayce, SC

#19 Apr 10, 2008
underhay wrote:
<quoted text>
ask your clergyman. REPENT AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED. apparently, it doesn't matter what your sin is, all sins are equal.
yup, this guy can earn the same heaven as you, or anyone else.(or, so the story goes...)
But you can bet that he WILL NOT be drinking from the beer volcano with the other pastafarins.
Correctional Officer

United States

#20 Apr 10, 2008
youre-kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, I for one have all the respect in the world for what LEO's do. On my comment in particular, I'm just fed up with criminals getting free housing, meals, medical and dental at MY expense, my tax dollars. If we didn't have to house so many criminals, maybe the state wouldn't have had to cut the education budget and a few more kids that wanted to learn would have the proper tools to do so. This criminal must have been convicted of something serious in the first place to receive a 50yr. sentence so for the extra 15-20 he'll get for rape, do you think he cares? That's the reason I made the comment about wishing the negoiator would have complied with his wish. I also know he couldn't have done that, but it'd been nice, know what I mean?
I know what you mean, I hate that so many tax dollars was cut from education, but trust me it did not come to scdc, we run on the lowest budget in the southeast. this is why thing like this can happen. I feel if more money goes to education the less inmates I will have to deal with in the coming years, but we know that is not going to happen. But I feel you, and hope you feel me as well. Peace

Ridge Spring, SC

#21 Apr 10, 2008
Correctional Officer wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean, I hate that so many tax dollars was cut from education, but trust me it did not come to scdc, we run on the lowest budget in the southeast. this is why thing like this can happen. I feel if more money goes to education the less inmates I will have to deal with in the coming years, but we know that is not going to happen. But I feel you, and hope you feel me as well. Peace
The ole cliche': "Knowledge is power" come to mind. The sooner people figure that out and start learning, the better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best and worst toppings for a hotdog? Peace, Lo... Jun 14 Low country living 2
News Parris Island recruit dies (Sep '06) Jun 14 BornInTheUSA 281
What's up with Grace Bible Camp St Helena (Oct '14) Jun 10 Evathana 13
News Lee Jean perfoms at annual Children's Memorial ... May '16 Debbie M 1
News Great Escape: 19 Lab Monkeys Escape, All Recapt... May '16 Testes 1 2 3 7
News Arrest of Ridgeland man in Bluffton captured on... May '16 Elisabeth 1
News The Mother's Day-industrial complex Apr '16 Jannie Ann 1

Ridgeland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridgeland Mortgages