Vast salary disparities between magis...

Vast salary disparities between magistrates

There are 1 comment on the Bluffton Today story from Jun 23, 2012, titled Vast salary disparities between magistrates. In it, Bluffton Today reports that:

They're all considered judges but aren't required to have a law degree. They hear the same types of cases, such as landlord-tenant disputes and traffic tickets, meet the same qualifications, pass a certification exam, and are appointed to four-year terms by the governor upon the advice and consent of the Senate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluffton Today.

Pembroke, GA

#1 Jun 29, 2012
Too whom it may concern: After reading your article about the Magistrates and them not having to have a law degree to become one, I wonder how someone can get on the list to become a Magistrate in the town of Ridgeland or Jasper County? Because I know someone who was a police officer for a number of years, and has completed extensive studies in Paralegalism, which in cludes LandLord Tenant Law, Mediation, Victim Witness Advocate,as well as several others. And know they would love to move to the little town of Ridgeland and become a Magistrate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mizu japanese restaurant-- top 100 asian restau... (Mar '12) 11 hr Edgar Newborn12 5
Area marijuana smuggler sentenced to more than ... (Feb '08) Oct 18 chip 32
Open burning!!!!! Oct 15 Jac 1
What's up with Grace Bible Camp St Helena (Oct '14) Sep 26 Anonymous 15
News Parris Island recruit dies (Sep '06) Sep 24 cookie monster 285
Justin L. Mann, Brandon P. Rolt, Dara C. Roth, ... (Oct '07) Sep '16 zach mann 12
Does my one vote matter? Aug '16 Daniel Boone 1

Ridgeland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridgeland Mortgages