Congressman: Immigrants can fight tou...

Congressman: Immigrants can fight tough new SC law

There are 35 comments on the www.thestate.com story from Nov 30, 2011, titled Congressman: Immigrants can fight tough new SC law. In it, www.thestate.com reports that:

An Illinois congressman on Wednesday urged federal officials to drop deportation proceedings against a South Carolina worker, and said such appeals represent a way for illegal immigrants to deal with the tough new South Carolina immigration law set to take effect Jan 1.

"We're here to show the people in the immigrant community of South Carolina that you can fight back," said U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez, a Democrat who often speaks for the party on immigration issues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.thestate.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Judgement Day

Charleston, SC

#22 Dec 1, 2011
CODE OF ETHICS FOR GOVERNMENT SERVICE

Any person in Government service should:

2. Uphold the Constitution, laws, and legal regulations of the United States and of all governments therein and never be a party to their evasion.

----------

Resolved by the House of Representatives {the Senate concurring}, That it is the sense of the Congress that the above Code of Ethics should be adhered to by all Government employees, including officeholders.
sterco

Helena, MT

#23 Dec 1, 2011
Judgement Day wrote:
..... and don't forget .... South Carolina's own US Senator wants Amnesty for all criminal illegal Mexicans. He is just another slimeball that needs to be sent back to his farm boy hillbilly roots where he learned to play with himself all the time; not to mention with the farm animals, too.
Old Bess the milkcow misses him!!!!
sterco

Helena, MT

#24 Dec 1, 2011
Judgement Day wrote:
CODE OF ETHICS FOR GOVERNMENT SERVICE
Any person in Government service should:
2. Uphold the Constitution, laws, and legal regulations of the United States and of all governments therein and never be a party to their evasion.
----------
Resolved by the House of Representatives {the Senate concurring}, That it is the sense of the Congress that the above Code of Ethics should be adhered to by all Government employees, including officeholders.
Not near as much as the BULL does!!!
Big Jess

United States

#25 Dec 1, 2011
Lol
Lindsezo Graham Cracker

Charleston, SC

#26 Dec 1, 2011
85-year-old migrant smuggler gets 2 years prison

SAN DIEGO (AP) An 85-year-old woman who led a female-dominated immigrant smuggling ring was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison Thursday in a case that stands out at a time when larger, more violent organizations along the U.S.-Mexico border have muscled groups like hers aside.

Felicitas Gurrola was charged with moving up to 80 people a month past border inspectors at America's busiest border crossing in San Diego by having them assume false identities. Her method was relatively safe compared to common and sometimes fatal smugglers' tacks like leading groups through remote mountains and deserts or stuffing them in car trunks and engine compartments.

"This was a very well-organized, safely run operation," said her attorney, Thomas Matthews. "No one was ever put in danger."

Prosecutors argued that Gurrola deserved more than three years in prison for conspiracy to bring illegal aliens into the United States, saying she was a high-level smuggler compared to the lowly operatives that usually get captured by U.S. authorities. Gurrola led the organization with her daughter and another woman who were also sentenced.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#27 Dec 2, 2011
Lindsezo Graham Cracker wrote:
85-year-old migrant smuggler gets 2 years prison
SAN DIEGO (AP) An 85-year-old woman who led a female-dominated immigrant smuggling ring was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison Thursday in a case that stands out at a time when larger, more violent organizations along the U.S.-Mexico border have muscled groups like hers aside.
Felicitas Gurrola was charged with moving up to 80 people a month past border inspectors at America's busiest border crossing in San Diego by having them assume false identities. Her method was relatively safe compared to common and sometimes fatal smugglers' tacks like leading groups through remote mountains and deserts or stuffing them in car trunks and engine compartments.
"This was a very well-organized, safely run operation," said her attorney, Thomas Matthews. "No one was ever put in danger."
Prosecutors argued that Gurrola deserved more than three years in prison for conspiracy to bring illegal aliens into the United States, saying she was a high-level smuggler compared to the lowly operatives that usually get captured by U.S. authorities. Gurrola led the organization with her daughter and another woman who were also sentenced.
The Feds had her in '82 and let her go to continue her illegal operation for too many years. Are they going to round up her clients? Here we have another 'LEGAL" citizen who had to speak through an interpretor...interesting.
Charles sheen

Charleston, SC

#28 Dec 2, 2011
Mexico lost a war with usa and was paid for each acre no one stole their land if anything mexico stole the land from the previous inhabitants.

http://mexicanhistory.org/MexicanAmericanWarT...

Mexico isn't dumb enough to declare another war on usa

USA-WINNING!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29 Dec 2, 2011
Judgement Day wrote:
..... and don't forget .... South Carolina's own US Senator wants Amnesty for all criminal illegal Mexicans. He is just another slimeball that needs to be sent back to his farm boy hillbilly roots where he learned to play with himself all the time not to mention with the farm animals, too.
Graham is a RINO , what do you expect. Dude should be gone ,but with the good ol boy network working for him ,he never will be

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#30 Dec 2, 2011
Rondo Jesus Rodrachez wrote:
My people take back lands you white people stole from Mexico.
We have right to be here. This our land.
White people suck. You no make us leave. We own you now.
The land you claim we took from you,you took from Spain...You want it back....pick up a gun and try and take it.
Say What What

Hampton, VA

#31 Dec 2, 2011
You don't own squat taco. LOL
Truth Always Catches Up

Charleston, SC

#32 Dec 2, 2011
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>The Feds had her in '82 and let her go to continue her illegal operation for too many years. Are they going to round up her clients? Here we have another 'LEGAL" citizen who had to speak through an interpretor...interesting.
So this illegal twat processed as many as 900 illegal Mexicans into the USA a year. She was a millionaire at what she was charging. But she also had to be part of a ring. So some of the money went to others.

Imagine if there are 1000s of people doing this - processing illegals into the USA. It has to go on more than we are being told. I bet this Congressman Gutierrez is connected to this underworld operation.

Anyone have his home address in Illinois? I bet it can be found on the internet. It's public records. I am not liking this guy at all. My gut instint tells me he is a felon yet to be caught and brought to justice. This Diane Salazar has to be wrapped up somehow with the Mexican Drug Cartel. Where does she live?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#34 Dec 2, 2011
tone it down , taco bender . You don't own sh*t . Bring your sorry brown azz up to Columbia and see what white people do to big mouths
buriito folder

Charleston, SC

#35 Dec 2, 2011
My name is paco and i sell taco
I make 50 cents a day

I go to lucy she give me poo see
she take me 50 cents away

what are my opinions on mecicans

Nachos I love nachos they are De-lic-ious

beans beans beans aids aids aids
amigo

Savannah, GA

#36 Dec 7, 2011
to you goodbye, your wife lucy can stay, give everyone in ridgeland poo see!!!!!!!!
Tom Sawler

Stuart, FL

#37 Dec 10, 2011
Gregg Burkey really helped the last time maybe you should call him back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In evacuation, all roads lead west Mon natosoco 1
Ridgeland Music Forum (Nov '12) Aug 8 Musikologist 12
Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems - MERS... (Sep '12) Aug 2 MortgageFraud 3
News 9 dead in 'hate crime' shooting at S.C. church Jul '15 shazbotbaru0 456
News Camera and radar bill will make roads safer (Feb '11) Jun '15 pomegranate1969 9
News Robin Miller (Jun '07) Jun '15 your wife Bev 2
beaufort county, sc sues (mers) and banks for f... Jun '15 FRAUD 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridgeland Mortgages