Jackson teacher charged in slaying

Jackson teacher charged in slaying

There are 284 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Dec 8, 2006, titled Jackson teacher charged in slaying. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

First-year Jackson teacher Carla Hughes is in jail, charged as an accessory in the shooting and stabbing death of a pregnant woman in Ridgeland last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

Things to Ponder

Lewisville, TX

#21 Dec 19, 2006
It's quite strange how the fiance is not wanting to talk to the police. What do you have to hide? Answer the questions to help put this all to rest. Questions to your lawyer through email?? You've got to be kidding.
Lynne

United States

#22 Dec 19, 2006
AKA soror, First of all, I like to apologize for my recent comments. I should have never brought those questions to you. My mother always state "sometimes the child is better off without the father in the mother's life" and I do agree with my mother. Let some other woman deal with that problem..........lol. My aggression toward you came from hurt. My sister was brutally murdered in Jackson, Mississippi in 2002, just four years ago. My sister and Avis Banks case are very similar to one another. We did not know anything for a few weeks after my sister was murder. But, a young lady did come forward to save her behind and told who committed the murder. I came from a place of hurt and I'm sorry for my behavior.
unknown

Muscle Shoals, AL

#24 Dec 20, 2006
judt o
unknown

Muscle Shoals, AL

#23 Dec 20, 2006
ju
AKA soror

Terry, MS

#25 Dec 20, 2006
Lynne wrote:
AKA soror, First of all, I like to apologize for my recent comments. I should have never brought those questions to you. My mother always state "sometimes the child is better off without the father in the mother's life" and I do agree with my mother. Let some other woman deal with that problem..........lol. My aggression toward you came from hurt. My sister was brutally murdered in Jackson, Mississippi in 2002, just four years ago. My sister and Avis Banks case are very similar to one another. We did not know anything for a few weeks after my sister was murder. But, a young lady did come forward to save her behind and told who committed the murder. I came from a place of hurt and I'm sorry for my behavior.
Lynne, I accept your apology. I lost my babby daddy to a violent crime, so I know how you feel. My prayers go out to you and your family. I just wish it never happened. I'm glad to hear that someone finally came forward in your sister's murder. I hope and pray that someone comes forward in Ms. Banks murder. Avis, her unborn child, and the Banks family deserve justice. We will have to wait and see what unfolds. May God continue to bless you and yur family. And have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Jasmine Rose

Jackson, MS

#26 Dec 20, 2006
I feel that the media is trying to portray Ms.Hughes to be this madd woman. but what I am concern about is how Keyon can get on the news and not shed one tear, if not for the suppose to be love of his life how about the lost of his child. I am a mother of two, and I have been put in a similar situation to this, he may not have put his hand on the knife or the trigger but Mr.Pittman is the reason that Ms.Hughes came into their home, every one wants to point the finger at somebody he needs to take accountability for the actions that he has caused.
AKA Soror

Terry, MS

#27 Dec 20, 2006
Jasmine Rose wrote:
I feel that the media is trying to portray Ms.Hughes to be this madd woman. but what I am concern about is how Keyon can get on the news and not shed one tear, if not for the suppose to be love of his life how about the lost of his child. I am a mother of two, and I have been put in a similar situation to this, he may not have put his hand on the knife or the trigger but Mr.Pittman is the reason that Ms.Hughes came into their home, every one wants to point the finger at somebody he needs to take accountability for the actions that he has caused.
Jasmine, I couldn't agree with you more. Mr. Pittman didn't shed one tear for his so-called "love of his life", yet his unborn child. And you are correct again, HE allowed ms.hughes to come in the picture. Who knows what lies he told her. HE is just as guilty as MS. Hughes. He may have not pulled the trigger, but with all the games and lies, he is just as guilty!!

Since: Dec 06

Jackson, MS

#28 Dec 20, 2006
AKA Soror wrote:
<quoted text> Jasmine, I couldn't agree with you more. Mr. Pittman didn't shed one tear for his so-called "love of his life", yet his unborn child. And you are correct again, HE allowed ms.hughes to come in the picture. Who knows what lies he told her. HE is just as guilty as MS. Hughes. He may have not pulled the trigger, but with all the games and lies, he is just as guilty!!
Not only guilty for what happen to avis but what also happened to Ms. Hughes, Keyon is just trying to keep Keyon clear from any charges
AKA soror

Terry, MS

#29 Dec 20, 2006
Jasmine Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Not only guilty for what happen to avis but what also happened to Ms. Hughes, Keyon is just trying to keep Keyon clear from any charges
And yu are correct again. I wonder how does Keyon sleep at night? Does he sleep with a clear mind, knowing all the lives he has destroyed?

Carriere, MS

#30 Dec 20, 2006
Ok, here is the scoop.... Carla and Keyon had an affair. The wedding date was getting close with Keyon and his fiance'. Carla got upset and threaten the kill her. He didn't pay it no attention thinking she was just a chick on the side being upset and sending an empty threat. After the crime, Mr. Pittman told the fiance family that "It wasn't suppose to happen like this" (what does he mean by that?). The full interview is on WJTV.com . I've known Carla for a while and I don't think she did it. If she did, I don't think she is alone. Mr. Pittman is being smart now, cause that hes not a suspect is crap. Just a setup from the police
PITTMAN OR COWARD

United States

#31 Dec 23, 2006
MR.PITTMAN IS A COWARD AND HE IS HIDING BEHIND HIS LAWYER IF YOU WANT TO BE MR. TOUGH GUY GO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT RPD NEEDS TO ASK YOU!! IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE YOU NEED TO COME OUT OF YOUR CAVE YOU COWARD. YOUR LAWYER MUST BE HAVING FINANCIAL PROBLEMS TO TAKE YOU AS A CLIENT!! MR.PITTMAN OR MR.COWARD!!!!!
Not A Critic

Miramar Beach, FL

#32 Dec 24, 2006
One Teacher wrote:
I am truly amazed by the lack of English skills displayed by some of people posting comments. I sincerely hope that Carla did a better job teaching basic English skills. Spell check and grammar check are free tools that we all can use. My heart goes out to the Avis, Carla and all of the people who missed "it" somewhere along the way. I wish I had a red pen.
This is not the forum for constructive criticism. I think you missed "it"...the topic of discussion. These are expressions from friends and family members. Shame on you.
Tonya _Jackson MS

United States

#33 Dec 31, 2006
The court date is set for this upcoming Tuesday....everyone. Now we must wait to see how things fair out. I hope there is justice for everyone involved.
Why Oh Why

United States

#34 Jan 2, 2007
What do you all think about the trial today and the pleading the 5th amendment?
Things to Ponder

North Richland Hills, TX

#35 Jan 2, 2007
Simple. You only plead the 5th when you don't want to incriminate yourself. So, you must be hiding something.

But, I'm quite sure the police knew that he would do this. He avoided them too much not to. This is just giving them reason to list him as a suspect and go after the evidence to formally charge him.

Apparently, he didn't realize that it's all going to come out eventually.

Jackson, MS

#36 Jan 3, 2007
What do you think wrote:
What do you all think about the trial today and the pleading the 5th amendment?
some people can be so smart that they show how down right dumb they are!
Big Bo

Elyria, OH

#37 Jan 3, 2007
I too am familiar with the Hughes family and have known them to be very upstanding members of the community, so I find it very hard to believe that Carla committed such a heinous act. However, I also am aware of the things that people will do when emotions get involved, hence, your crime of passion. My problem with the whold situation is this Pittman fellow. I watched his interview with WJTV and waited to see the tears, but they never came. Strange. I also paid very close attention to his eyes and they tell a different story-he is doing a whole lot of lying. That's why he took the 5th. I pray that the Ridgeland investigators can find that one piece of evidence that will sink him.
Reporter

New York, NY

#38 Jan 3, 2007
I am a reporter working on a story about this case, and I am looking for people who know Carla Hughes...friends, sorority sisters, former co-workers, or classmates.
I can be reached at [email protected]
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

#39 Jan 4, 2007
My family new Avis Banks family for many years. Avis was a kind and beautiful person. I am very angry at Carla hughes and Keyon pitman for the acts of violence that has already occured. I hope that they both get the death penalty. Both Carla hughes and Keyon Pittman need to be assacinated for killing an God's Angel.
Greenville

Tupelo, MS

#40 Jan 5, 2007
Keyon What happened?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jimi hendrix 10 hr Calhoon 1
Missippi Highway Patrol Summer Camp 11 hr Calhoon 1
News Conservatives will talk free-market, small gove... 18 hr Saturday 4
Arbys resturant sucks Thu ThomasA 2
News Mississippi tea party activist dead of apparent... (Jun '14) Thu Romneycare killed... 50
Stupid Cauasins Building homes for WELFARE NEG... Jun 21 Calhoon 1
News Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Jun 20 Anonymous 2,033
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridgeland Mortgages