Jackson teacher charged in slaying

Dec 8, 2006 Read more: The Clarion-Ledger 283
First-year Jackson teacher Carla Hughes is in jail, charged as an accessory in the shooting and stabbing death of a pregnant woman in Ridgeland last week. Read more
Nosey

Philadelphia, PA

#265 Oct 25, 2009
Waiting On Justice wrote:
BTW, Mr. Banks told me personally that he didn't have any hard feelings towards ANYONE. And he said "Pittman will get his, maybe in a higher court, but he would get his."
Good for Mr. Banks. He's had 3 years to reconcile his feelings and forgive in order to move forward. Yes, I agree with Mr. Banks, Mr. Pittman will get his. Had it not been for his selfish actions perhaps none of this would have happened; however, it did and the perp will be spending the rest of her life in jail making grill cheese sandwiches with an iron for her girlfriend, Big Tina. What a FOOLISH FOOL!
Houston Co-Worker

AOL

#266 Oct 30, 2009
JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED. Mr. and Mrs. Banks can try to heal. They are kind people and they nor their daughter deserved what happened. Carla's family will be able to visit her. If (as some said) the prosecution did such a poor job proving guilt and there were so many errors in the case, Carla's attorney will have a chance to "prove" her innocence on appeal seeing how a jury decided that Carla was guilty based on the case the prosecution presented.
Real

United States

#267 Oct 31, 2009
Grown people. What happen to Godly talk. If you two only knew; what the word said..... Casting judgement, shame, on God's child. No matter what the situation! Godly words shAll be spoken.... Read your bible no sin is greater than the other. Even the words you speak from your mouth!!!
Waiting on Justice

Paris, TX

#268 Oct 31, 2009
If you believe that Carla is innocent, you can contribute to her defense fund: Write checks payable to: "The Carla Hughes Legal Defense Fund" and mail to P O Box 4474; Greenville, MS 38704
Nosey

Philadelphia, PA

#269 Nov 2, 2009
Real wrote:
Grown people. What happen to Godly talk. If you two only knew; what the word said..... Casting judgement, shame, on God's child. No matter what the situation! Godly words shAll be spoken.... Read your bible no sin is greater than the other. Even the words you speak from your mouth!!!
Whatever happened to Godly actions, i.e., Thou Shalt Not Kill. That's one of the Commandments, I believe.
Real

United States

#270 Nov 2, 2009
ReAD your word! No need to argue because he us a forgiving GOD! No matter how or what the situation. You see that just simply God! Hum I'm glad to know him. For if were up to the world... I would have gave up a long time a go!! Try him!!
Nosey

Philadelphia, PA

#271 Nov 3, 2009
Real wrote:
ReAD your word! No need to argue because he us a forgiving GOD! No matter how or what the situation. You see that just simply God! Hum I'm glad to know him. For if were up to the world... I would have gave up a long time a go!! Try him!!
Huh? I'm not following you. You brought up the Bible not I.
shacka zulu

Madison, MS

#272 Nov 3, 2009
carla is a ho ! everyone new her in school.and how did everyone no her? ho bitch give it to any one !! dis beioch dye in prison
tomt

Madison, MS

#273 Nov 3, 2009
Nosey wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happened to Godly actions, i.e., Thou Shalt Not Kill. That's one of the Commandments, I believe.
NO IT IS YOU SHALL NOT MURDER !!!
tomt

Madison, MS

#274 Nov 3, 2009
Nosey wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? I'm not following you. You brought up the Bible not I.
You must have attended public schools your english is terrible
Nosey

Philadelphia, PA

#275 Nov 4, 2009
tomt wrote:
<quoted text>You must have attended public schools your english is terrible
Thank God not a public school in Mississippi. LOL!
detroit missesz

Dallas, TX

#276 Jul 31, 2010
I just watched the case on Dateline lastnight. I'm so shocked because Mr. Pittman was my Biology teacher in 10th Grade (2007). Thats sad & I'm at a lost for words & I'll surely leave it in God's hands.
so confused

United States

#277 Aug 1, 2010
more importantly, by this point carla has taken the rap for what has happened but for the life of me I cannot understand how she can continue to harbor this man the way she is.....doesnt she know he is married to someone else now, avis is gone we cant protect her anymore but what about his wife now....she should speak up so that this doesnt happen to another woman with low self esteem....irt's just sad how these woman do not speak up, they hold their silence for these men..now she is doing life in prison, cant see her son and family and he has moved on with his life...how do you put a man over your own son, even if she did the killing he had some part in it so he too should be paying for his crime...these woman are just lost!!
bigak

Missoula, MT

#278 Oct 17, 2011
I know i am late on the posting, but i feel keyon is innocent of the crime and carla acted alone. Here is my scenario.
Pitman heads to carla house cuz he is running late after grocery shopping and from what i gathered in my research, carla house is en route to the school. So keyon gets there, goes in with the groceries they talk for a while. Who knows, they could have had sex, they could have had a fight. I believe carla became upset when he got there with the groceries and she realized they were not for her household but for avis household.
Pittmon went to work and Carla sat there with the groceries in her house steaming mad. She leaves, kills avis and returns home. Keyon gets to carla's house to get the groceries. They have conversation and she informs him that she killed Avis. Keyon believed it because carla had been stalking him and probably threatned to kill her before.
Keyon leaves Carla's house hightailing it home not knowing what awaits him there. In an attempt to see if the crazy bitch is lying, he calls avis's mom to see if she heard from avis. Upon realizing that the mother hadn't he panics more and picks up the pace. He gets home to discover his fiance body.
When he was on the stand and they asked if he killed avis, he said no, and i believed him by his demanor. When asked if he knew who did it, he took a long pause and said no. I found that answer unbelievable because i believe Carla told him she did it when he left with the groceries.
Karen Stickney

Poland, ME

#279 Jan 1, 2012
Would a guilty person swear at the authorities as Keyon had when they thought he had something to do with this crap? Do Keyon and Carla wear the same shoe size? DId Keyon have access to either or both of the weapons used in the crime? Was Keyon strong enough to kick the garage door down? I am not defending Keyon; I'm just asking innocent questions to prove his guilt or innocence.
Whatha

Chilhowie, VA

#280 Jan 1, 2012
AKA Soror wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree with you more! Carla is not a child. And YES she allowed herself to be in that situation. Most likely she knew that Mr. Pittman was involved with Avis.I'm quite sure Avis knew about Carla. But, what the women failed to realize was that they should have both confronted Mr. Pittman. He took advantage of both of them. And now he is getting ready for his next victim. So, to all of the women: STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!! HE IS NO GOOD!!! And Carla should start talking. If she knows something, she should tell it. For once, she needs to stop thinking about herself and start thinking for SON! Because her son NEEDS HER!!
What makes you so sure he doesn't already have somebody else? What a way to get rid of his problems of decisions, they offed each other, both were insecure women, how many women out there would put up with a two timer, they knew about each other. Did he have another choice? How soon will it come out of the woodwork to patch up his life.
Whatha

Chilhowie, VA

#281 Jan 2, 2012
Lets Be Fair wrote:
And this man wants everyone to believe he loved Avis. If that is love I never want to be loved. He loved her so much he had no respect for her at all. Just can't be respect when he slept with others in their house. Oh MY!!! He testified she told him she was tired that evening. I am sure she was tired of his messing around. I am sure she was very unhappy since he said she knew about Ms. Hughes, but he continued to see her. Was just hard for me to believe Ms. Hughes could have done all of that alone. It appears he set her up or they acted together. She has an alibi so maybe that will clear her all together.
What I don't understand is his leaving the groceries in the refrigerator, if Carla was mean, she'd have thrown them in the street and snapped on him, how did he think she would take it,she must have accepted the situation...You don't think she could have went to see about avis and found her dead, stepped in the blood, she would have been scared, and, to clean a gun, come on,if yu clean the gun, you're not going to be stupid enough to not get rid of the bloody shoes and clothes. What about the blood spatter,it would have been all over her.especially if she got close enough to stab her. Something is not right about this picture, the spatter on her clothes, what become of the clothes, what she was wearing just didn't have enough blood on them.They found blood on her pants,if she had stabbed somebody, can you imagine the blood,the groceries seem more like an alabi.
Waiting on Justice

Greenville, MS

#282 Jan 27, 2012
Whatha wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't understand is his leaving the groceries in the refrigerator, if Carla was mean, she'd have thrown them in the street and snapped on him, how did he think she would take it,she must have accepted the situation...You don't think she could have went to see about avis and found her dead, stepped in the blood, she would have been scared, and, to clean a gun, come on,if yu clean the gun, you're not going to be stupid enough to not get rid of the bloody shoes and clothes. What about the blood spatter,it would have been all over her.especially if she got close enough to stab her. Something is not right about this picture, the spatter on her clothes, what become of the clothes, what she was wearing just didn't have enough blood on them.They found blood on her pants,if she had stabbed somebody, can you imagine the blood,the groceries seem more like an alabi.
There was no blood found on CARLA. KEYON had blood on his clothes. No gunshot residue on her hands, either, but it was found on KEYON.
nippy2

United States

#283 Mar 6, 2012
Keyon did the actual murder carla new abt it ,she's not telling on keyon bc she will implicate herside bc she knows any participaton she's gona do life w/ot so she's riding it ot tosee if her appeal goes thru if all fails she will sing on keyon
nippy2

Dallas, TX

#284 Mar 6, 2012
Its called co-defendents

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Matt Kruse2252 19,831
News Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... (Jun '14) Fri swedenforever 61
Madison County Schools Are Ripping Off Taxpayers! Thu Calhoon Mayes 1
best hair and makeup artist around Apr 16 Summer 1
Flip the mexican criminals! Apr 15 Calhoon Mayes 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Mississipp... (Oct '10) Apr 15 Abe Lincon 60
female searching for female Apr 13 new comer 1
More from around the web

Ridgeland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]