Jackson teacher charged in slaying

Jackson teacher charged in slaying

There are 284 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Dec 8, 2006, titled Jackson teacher charged in slaying. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

First-year Jackson teacher Carla Hughes is in jail, charged as an accessory in the shooting and stabbing death of a pregnant woman in Ridgeland last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
wally

Washington, DC

#1 Dec 9, 2006
what
99 grad TLWHS

Norfolk, VA

#2 Dec 10, 2006
me and this young lady went to school together. We took all of our classes together. she was a good kid...why would she do this to someone. her parents who are both educators taught her better than that. this is just so sad.
Diva1

Dallas, TX

#3 Dec 10, 2006
I grew up with her. This is very shocking news. I know something is wrong with this picture. There is more to this than meets the eye.
your friend in Christ

Terry, MS

#4 Dec 11, 2006
I cant believe that Carla would do something horrific like this. She is not that type of person. We went to school together from junior high thourgh out high school. It just doesnt seem like her.The Carla that i know is nice, caring, respectful, and very educational. I just dont think she did it. I think that they are just trying to point the blame at her just to say they got somebody!. My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong you will get through it.
sexy me

Moorhead, MS

#5 Dec 11, 2006
I went to school with Carla and that is not the Carla I know. She is very kind hearted. Crla my family and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Also the Banks.
janedoe

Jackson, MS

#6 Dec 11, 2006
People can say that knew Mrs. Hughes, and what I nice person she was, but I think that if she did have something to do with the murder of Mrs. Banks and her unborn child, she shouldn't be shown any mercy. She may used to be a nice person, but people "snap" sometimes.
One Teacher

Cleveland, OH

#7 Dec 11, 2006
I am truly amazed by the lack of English skills displayed by some of people posting comments. I sincerely hope that Carla did a better job teaching basic English skills. Spell check and grammar check are free tools that we all can use. My heart goes out to the Avis, Carla and all of the people who missed "it" somewhere along the way. I wish I had a red pen.
greenvillems

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 11, 2006
CARLA,I JUST DON'T BELEIVE THAT SHE WOULD DO SUCH A THING AS THIS SHE IS FROM A VERY GOOD AND KNOWN FAMILY SHE WAS WELL RAISED VERY ACTIVE THROUGH OUT JUNIOR HIGH AND HIGH SCHOOL ACTIVITIES NICE WELL KNOWN PERSON IN GREENVILLE THIS NEEDS TO REAALY NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED CAREFULLY TO FIND OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THERES MORE TO THIS SITUATION THAN CARLA ALONE I REALLY DON'T THINK SHE DID THIS.
AKA soror

Terry, MS

#9 Dec 12, 2006
I have known Carla for most of my life. Although I didn't attend school with her, I found out what a nice, caring person she is. Her family is well respected throughtout the Greenville area. My prayers are with you Carla and your family. God will see you all through this. Just keep the faith. God never Fails!!
AKA soror

Terry, MS

#10 Dec 12, 2006
Carla, my prayers are with you as you go through this difficult time. Just remember, God loves you and he will keep you close. Keep praying and keep your faith. Through God ALL things are POSSIBLE!!!
KJGreenville

Montgomery, AL

#11 Dec 12, 2006
Carla, eye's have not seen and ears have not heard the merciful graces that God may bestow upon your situation. I pray that everyone that know's Carla can work together in our prayers to help her through this. She is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. All of those who have ever loved Carla must pray for her NOW.
journalismreport er

Jackson, MS

#12 Dec 13, 2006
Hi there,

I am working on a story about the murder of Avis Banks. If there is anyone out there who could offer input about Carla Hughes, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] We'd like to know more about her and her background.

Thank you.
GreenvilleMs 2

Itta Bena, MS

#13 Dec 14, 2006
Hi I have know CArla and I also went to school with her and I just don't think that she did this horrible crime. My heart goes out to the Hughes and Banks family. Especially to Lina Hughes and Coach Hughes my family will keep you guys in our prayers. Love you all!
Lynne

United States

#14 Dec 14, 2006
AKA soror wrote:
Carla, my prayers are with you as you go through this difficult time. Just remember, God loves you and he will keep you close. Keep praying and keep your faith. Through God ALL things are POSSIBLE!!!
What about your prayers for Avis?
Lynne

United States

#15 Dec 14, 2006
What the hell are you all thinking? If Carla was innocent she would not be still locked away at MADISON POLICE DEPARTMENT. This evil ugly woman is a cold blooded killer. Think about your love one fighting for her life, running, scared, trying to get out of there and all the while being stabbed and shot, but still fighting for her life. You women on this board need to hang your head down in shame and pray. The victim in this horrible crime is Avis and her unborn child. child.
AKA soror

Terry, MS

#16 Dec 15, 2006
Lynne wrote:
What the hell are you all thinking? If Carla was innocent she would not be still locked away at MADISON POLICE DEPARTMENT. This evil ugly woman is a cold blooded killer. Think about your love one fighting for her life, running, scared, trying to get out of there and all the while being stabbed and shot, but still fighting for her life. You women on this board need to hang your head down in shame and pray. The victim in this horrible crime is Avis and her unborn child. child.
In response to Lynne, My prayers DO go out to the victim and her family. Yet, Carla Hughes is INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY!!!
If Carla performed this horrible crime, then YES she deserves to be PUNISHED!!!
Lynne

United States

#17 Dec 15, 2006
AKA soror wrote:
<quoted text> In response to Lynne, My prayers DO go out to the victim and her family. Yet, Carla Hughes is INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY!!!
If Carla performed this horrible crime, then YES she deserves to be PUNISHED!!!
Is this what you call it, a performance. This is murder. Are you a woman who lost your baby daddy to another woman? Are you angry for the wrong reason? Are you a fan of this woman. I do believe she wasn't the only person with Avis, but will wait and see who will come out of hiding.
Vicksburg Friend

United States

#18 Dec 17, 2006
I knew Avis. She was a caring, loving, person that everyone thought was cool. During high school, Avis never got involved in any trouble. She was very quiet and respectable along with her family. I really do hope that the circumstances of her death come to the light. My prayers go out to everyone involved or affected by the murder of Avis Banks.
To her mom, dad, and sisters.....May God be with you during your time of pain. When you can't go on, hold on to God. HE is there for you always.:)
AKA soror

Terry, MS

#19 Dec 18, 2006
Lynne wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what you call it, a performance. This is murder. Are you a woman who lost your baby daddy to another woman? Are you angry for the wrong reason? Are you a fan of this woman. I do believe she wasn't the only person with Avis, but will wait and see who will come out of hiding.
No, Lynne, this not a performance. And you're right, this is murder. But, to answer your questions, YES, I have lost my baby daddy to another woman. And NO I am not angry. I used to be. But, with time and prayer, I learn to forgive. Well, I don't think she was the only person with Avis. I feel as though her fiancee, Mr. Keyon Pittman was there. I am not a fan of this woman. The crime was wrong regardless of who did it. Everyone involved is a VICTIM!!! I don't see anyone getting on her fiancee's case. If Carla is guilty, then she should be punished to the fullest, because Carla herself is a mother, and if she did it, then God bless her soul!!! Any my prayers are not only with Carla and her family, but for Avis Banks, her unborn child, and her family and friends, and for other people who knew her and cared for her!!
annonymous

White House, TN

#20 Dec 18, 2006
why would Mr. Pittman be burning up the highway and calling her parents asking them had they heard from Avis? If Carla did this horrendous act she was not alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridgeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Comments 7 hr Throng Fart 13
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr china stein 21,337
WMPR 90.1 Charles Evers show Nov 15 CALHOON 1
News Civil-rights marchers: US still needs to addres... (Jul '16) Nov 15 Reymundo Mejia Gu... 22
News Adult sex dating in picayune mississippi (Sep '08) Nov 13 Johanshsy74 5
Who or What is JESUS saving you from ? Nov 12 CALHOON 1
Ridgeland lost to the blacks (Apr '17) May '17 Fall 5

Ridgeland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridgeland Mortgages