New Cruisers get High Marks from Ridgefield PD
After Ford's discontinuation of the classic Crown Victoria last year, police departments around the country have been searching for the next new police car standard.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.
#1 Sep 26, 2012
Maintenance is a huge reason for getting rid of the old cars and if you did the math I'll bet it's cheaper. Because:
- cop cars arent like our station cars : these are driven shift after shift every day of the year.
- a cop car on the lift or waiting for repair parts can't be driven on patrol. Chief Roche cant just unplug some lights and radios and slap them on Rudy's Mercedes and call it the City Hall Loaner Car - So downtime is just another issue surrounding maintenance that has to be dealt with.
- new cars come with ford warranties which I'm sure the town will take advantage of to help their maintenance budget.
- given those purchase prices I think they got a pretty good deal on these. SW cruisers.
- And they're going to need as much maintenance money as possible - we've got those military surplus Humvees in the fleet now & I don't even want to know what that tax referendum is going to look like when we need to replace them.
Add your comments below
|MPP still pushing for CT scanner (Sep '09)||Feb 2||vs Sheeple here eh||17|
|Review: Teresita G Mascardo PC - Teresita Masca... (Jun '11)||Dec '17||Elli||5|
|Southwestern Connecticut companies lauded for L...||Nov '17||Wondering||15|
|What local lawyer sued his mother?||Nov '17||johnedwards1991||1|
|Six People Arrested On Prostitution Charges In ...||Nov '17||America Gentleman...||2|
|Police: Bridgeport man used taxi as getaway driver||Sep '17||WorkAvoider||6|
|Hallmark Job Opportunity in Ridgefield (May '17)||May '17||VictorOrians||1|
Find what you want!
Search Ridgefield Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC