New Cruisers get High Marks from Ridgefield PD
After Ford's discontinuation of the classic Crown Victoria last year, police departments around the country have been searching for the next new police car standard.Full Story
#1 Sep 26, 2012
Maintenance is a huge reason for getting rid of the old cars and if you did the math I'll bet it's cheaper. Because:
- cop cars arent like our station cars : these are driven shift after shift every day of the year.
- a cop car on the lift or waiting for repair parts can't be driven on patrol. Chief Roche cant just unplug some lights and radios and slap them on Rudy's Mercedes and call it the City Hall Loaner Car - So downtime is just another issue surrounding maintenance that has to be dealt with.
- new cars come with ford warranties which I'm sure the town will take advantage of to help their maintenance budget.
- given those purchase prices I think they got a pretty good deal on these. SW cruisers.
- And they're going to need as much maintenance money as possible - we've got those military surplus Humvees in the fleet now & I don't even want to know what that tax referendum is going to look like when we need to replace them.
Add your comments below
|Two years later, first responders still feel ef...||Dec 8||lead||3|
|Norwalk Ranks Below State Average For Safety In...||Nov 30||Mike g Papa||4|
|Stalking at bus stops||Oct '14||Question for conc...||3|
|Evaluations: city teachers make grade||Oct '14||BPT||2|
|Report: Structure fire engulfs home in Ridgefield (Jan '09)||Oct '14||righteous||181|
|Lawmakers Question Secrecy On New Bridgeport Tr...||Sep '14||Sir Samuel||3|
|postiglione vs castro et al||Sep '14||Corey||1|
Find what you want!
Search Ridgefield Forum Now
Ridgefield News Video
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC