animals rescued from ridge home.

animals rescued from ridge home.

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 1, 2008, titled animals rescued from ridge home.. In it, Newsday reports that:

When Suffolk SPCA officials arrived to evacuate numerous animals from a home in Ridge, they found something akin to a mini-zoo. The homeowner had been hospitalized and was unable to care for the animals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

EX LIer

Newark, DE

#1 Jan 1, 2008
you'd think they would rescue the homeless people first . what a society!!!!
Merri

United States

#2 Jan 1, 2008
All the lonely people, where do they all come from?- The Beatles.

Not only this. It's getting worse and worse. I had to write Fox because Sunday night at 9 p.m. they had a cartoon sitcom with a woman kissing a dog, and then in bed with him. The dog said "Let me go get a condom". I almost threw up physically and spiritually. I couldn't shut the tv off fast enough.
Merri

United States

#3 Jan 1, 2008
EX LIer wrote:
The sad thing is, people think they have a better shot with animals as companions because they can't talk. Therefore no gossip, probing for weaknesses and betrayal by words.
Slappy White

Milford, CT

#4 Jan 1, 2008
EX LIer wrote:
People are homeless due to their own stupidity. Animals have no control over what happens to them.
jimbo johnson

Mahwah, NJ

#5 Jan 1, 2008
Merri wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad thing is, people think they have a better shot with animals as companions because they can't talk. Therefore no gossip, probing for weaknesses and betrayal by words.
are you high? what the hell are you talking about? the animals were fine....
MAKIE MAK

Charlotte, NC

#6 Jan 1, 2008
Thank God these innocent animals were saved by this agency. No man, woman, child or animal of any likeness should have to starve &/or suffer or be exposed to natures' elements. If you people can "read", the homeowner was. "hospitalized". To some people, animals are the only thing they find true love, devotion and compassion in. Even if it is a snake or a spider. It gives someone a purpose in life... sometimes, even the need to live. THINK people, BEFORE you SPEAK... Hopefully, with some age & wisdom, you too may find that truth...
John Roustabout

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Jan 1, 2008
These animals were well cared for prior to the owners hospitalization....no story here, just snoozeday trying to sell papers.
NEWSDAY SUCKS

Stony Point, NY

#8 Jan 1, 2008
[quote]They found one great Dane, two Chihuahuas, four ferrets, three red-tailed boa constrictors, two cats, about 20 rats and one dead pet tarantula.[/quote]

That's it? I was expecting them to list off 100 cats or something akin to an animal hoarder. This is a non-story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Village Idiot at it Again 8 hr Proud MB 5
Pat McCall no show again 8 hr hoo doo you think... 24
Gary Stirirzz 8 hr hoo doo you think... 22
News Seafood, music draws thousands to Blue Claw Cra... 13 hr Whataloser 5
Evan Politico MBV Hero (Jun '13) Thu hoo doo you think... 20
Thank god for trump Wed Very Brady 10
As we can C Newark NJ Hells angels just cowar... (Apr '13) Sep 1 The Big Guy 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridge Mortgages