Deal on Mastic Beach skate park closing in

Full story: Newsday

Mastic Beach skateboarders who have pressured Brookhaven Town to fulfill a promise to build a skateboard park in their area might soon get their wish.

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 146 of146
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Le cosmo

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Rote wrote:
I think this is great, so long as it doesn't put the town of Brookhaven further into debt. As for graffiti, that comes with the territory, and it would be great to see some urban art work in the area. As for drug dealers, they've already set up their spots if they have them, and I doubt they would bother going to the skate park to do what they do, especially since any kids who do drugs already have their man, and usually do things discreetly. I'd like to see this place open 24 hours, since I like many of my friends, am nocturnal, so the only chance I have to skate is around 4am after I get out of work. I also think its a great idea to have professionals build this place, especially if we're paying top dollar,(which I believe we are) Ultimately, this place can become a great asset, bringing kids from all the parking lots in the area and into one place where they can have fun. Now all we need is an authentic coffee shop and then we could really keep the kids off the streets, since the only reason we keep seeing them in the streets is because they have no where to go.(Trust me, we hate being in the streets) Plus with it so close to the school, I would also like to see the schools implement either an after school program, or even a gym program involving the park.
you sir are correct in many ways, in NYC the same company California Skateparks built many new parks in Queens, Chelsea, Tribeca, and the Bronx and they have done nothing but good. These parks are well designed, and please dont take this the wrong way but they get alot of kids off the spots in the city that people get arrested for skating. these parks are the future of skateboarding (granted the streets are always fun too but gotta be creepin!)
Le cosmo

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

special edd wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up in the city. We played in parking lots when the workers went home or you played in the streets.Lets stop wasting money on babying our kids.Whoosefication of America..
ever hear of trespassing? try playing in those same parking lots or skating them and you get arrested now.
its not like the 50s-whenever you grew up. whoever owns that lot is legally responsible for whoever is in there (ever wonder why store owners have to de-ice storefronts and schools have to do the same for walkways??) these parks create an area that is free of litigation because one skates at their own risk and the big ole sign that will be posted will say in for lack of a better description "you hurt yourself you pay the bills. not us."
brandon

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

I have almost hit one of them on more than one occasion because they dont look where they are going or what is around them in the lot and have almost been run into by them when walking from my car to the stores.

yeah and its too bad they didnt hit u ya whinin lil bitch.
Really

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

The park is built, so stay off of private property.
Russo

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

This park does suck I live in the area an ride it there's really nothing good here old school skate park was better HOODLOT ALLDAY!
HaHa

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Russo wrote:
This park does suck I live in the area an ride it there's really nothing good here old school skate park was better HOODLOT ALLDAY!
You must be one of the idiots who doesn't want to use the skate park because they insist that you wear safety equipment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 146 of146
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Ridge News Video

•••
Ridge Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ridge Jobs

•••
•••
•••