Gary Stiriz Should Resign

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

#1072 Feb 21, 2013
Not Right wrote:
<quoted text>you seem to take anything good being done and try to subvert it. The raccoon house got demolished and instead of praise you say it will be Gary's new hotel. I just saw the tri hamlet video, but I could not see the backhoe operator..was it Carol?
I heard she was busy collecting mongo, muttering something about ' the damn village taxes'
the damn village taxes

West Babylon, NY

#1073 Feb 21, 2013
Well I can't blame her
At the work session last night Gary Stiriz read from the agenda.
RESOLUTION Setting a public Hearing Date to Consider Overriding the 2% Tax Cap, public hearing to be held on Tuesday, March 12 2013 at 7:00 p.m. at the Mastic Beach Fire Department.
Gary said that he did not think they had to raise the village taxes but the village treasure said they should.
Gary said they could deal with this at a later date and tabled it for now.
So they will vote on this after the election.
Gary wants a village highway department so they can repave the roads down by the wetlands and raise them.
Well here comes the big tax increases that they said would never happen.
It"s your vote.
Bunk

Mastic, NY

#1074 Feb 21, 2013
Gary was against raising taxes because of our large surplus and the other 3 on the board agreed. Carol was only worried about Gary working with Felix.
What

East Moriches, NY

#1075 Feb 21, 2013
Bunk wrote:
Gary was against raising taxes because of our large surplus and the other 3 on the board agreed. Carol was only worried about Gary working with Felix.
large surplus?????? We are close to half a million in DEBT! We have NO surplus.
BEWARE

Shirley, NY

#1076 Feb 21, 2013
2% of what? There is no starting point to even base a 2% tax cap.
Gary has to go

West Babylon, NY

#1077 Feb 21, 2013
Bunk wrote:
Gary is counting FIMA money as a surplus that may be coming in if approved.
But remember that they told us last year that it comes in in drips and drabs and if we get it it will only be 85% of what the village paid out, so it's just a pay back not a surplus.
He just wants to buy new toys.
Hmmm

Mastic, NY

#1078 Feb 21, 2013
Bunk wrote:
Gary did not say he was working with Felix. Gary advised that they not take Felix's advice to breach the tax cap by resolution. Gary claimed a huge surplus and ended up saying the board could vote to breach the cap at a later date. In other words, after the election. The new budget has to be in place on May 1st. Gary's surplus claim included Fema money. You can't include that in a budget. Last years budget did not include it. FEMA can defund projects they already approved and that is why FEMA money cannot be included.
Hmmm

Mastic, NY

#1079 Feb 21, 2013
If Gary was working with Felix as you claim Bunk he would have known that.
the damn village taxes

West Babylon, NY

#1080 Feb 21, 2013
Bunk wrote:
Nobody agreed on anything,Gary table it for a later date and never said he was against raising taxes.
And Carol was wondering why the treasurer, Felix, was recommending a tax raise if we had such a "large tax surplus'. That is when Stiriz tabled it for a later date.
I don't think Carol believes we have such a large surplus.
about time

West Babylon, NY

#1081 Feb 21, 2013
in time for the election wrote:
<quoted text>The woman across the street was complaining about the house for over a year. The mayor told her it would be done in November....... yea good work guys?
If the lady across the street, who has the day care center sent the kids over to the house every day and they all took down one board each, the house would have been down ten times faster then that of what the village did.
Here we go again

West Babylon, NY

#1082 Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like were back in Stirizvill again .
Just more lies and blame it on someone els.
This sounds like the verbal permit he got from the DEC to put down the RCA on the road. Or his cousin works for DHS and later we find his cousin owns DHS.
And don't forget the cell phone tower lie that he was caught with last year.
I Know,I know.........It's all Carol's fault!
Village Gossip

Bronx, NY

#1083 Feb 22, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>large surplus?????? We are close to half a million in DEBT! We have NO surplus.
Where do you dream up these lies???? They are in the black for the thrid year, meaning SURPLUS. No tax increase....yet again... Those are facts. You stae lies for your hatred for Gary since Gary does not run the village or have free will to spend village money as you and your other mis guided souls claim. I never saw such hatred and lies spewed against a guy who busts his ass for them....
BEWARE

Shirley, NY

#1084 Feb 22, 2013
Is it Village gossip or village attorney?I cant believe he even has him on the forum talking in his behalf.What a joke this guy is.
concerned citizen

White Plains, NY

#1085 Feb 22, 2013
Village Gossip wrote:
<quoted text>
What the F are you crying about??? It has cost you nothing more then what you paid the past going on three years. There has beeen no tax increase. Come back and say mine went up...waaa waaa waaaaa.. I say you are a liar. No ones has gone up with the vilage tax. They are in year three in the black. Go find something else to cry about. who cares what they buy or what is going on as long as taxes are reasonable(no increase yet) and things are getting done, which they are...
actually, the town portion of my taxes that were taken out was under $40.00. my village taxes are 600.00 just saying.
concerned citizen

White Plains, NY

#1086 Feb 22, 2013
the damn village taxes wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody agreed on anything,Gary table it for a later date and never said he was against raising taxes.
And Carol was wondering why the treasurer, Felix, was recommending a tax raise if we had such a "large tax surplus'. That is when Stiriz tabled it for a later date.
I don't think Carol believes we have such a large surplus.
of course it was tabled. otherwise, people could see that taxes need to be raised. they are waiting until after the election to raise taxes and try to go over the cap. this means that during the debates they can ignore raising taxes. it is an election ploy. so much for us being better than TOB
Brady

Stamford, CT

#1087 Feb 22, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>actually, the town portion of my taxes that were taken out was under $40.00. my village taxes are 600.00 just saying.
you better check your tax bill again. Prior to the village, town general-part town fund rate was $1.390 and the town highway-part town fund rate was $11.436, which adds up to $12.75 per hundred of assessed value. So, if your house was assessed at $2875, you would have paid $40.00 on the first tax and the second would have been $328.79 The total to the town was $368.78 not $40. My guess is your house was assessed for $2,875 and you are only looking at the town general-part town fund line on your bill. The initial thought was the village would allow the town to do the highway but that didn't happen. So now all MBV residents pay the combined rates, but not a penny more than we were already paying to the town. Hope this clears up the confusion.
Brady

Stamford, CT

#1088 Feb 22, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>actually, the town portion of my taxes that were taken out was under $40.00. my village taxes are 600.00 just saying.
did you forget the town highway part town fund and the refuse fee are on different lines?
Remember

Shirley, NY

#1089 Feb 22, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>did you forget the town highway part town fund and the refuse fee are on different lines?
What I didn't forget is that we are going on three years without a highway department. We have lost miles of pavement to the neglect of our roads. Drive around anywhere below Elm Road and you will see how the composted dirt and detritus from almo0st three years of neglect has now has eaten away at the sides of our roads. This never ever looked like this when we had a Town Highway department. There are no street signs anywhere. The stop signs are covered in graffiti and falling over. The storm drains have not been touched and I finally got over to the east side of Riviera Drive to see what all the fuss about the RCA fill was all about and I have to say what a freakin disaster.l Who the hell doid we purchase that crap from. Any idiot would know that fill is not suitable for the wetlands. I only can guess that the reason we have not sued the supplier that supposedly was authorized to sell DEC compliant fill is that they are related to someone on the board. I mean really have you seen the crap they put down over there? You cannot drive a regular car on it, nor can you walk on it or ride a bike on it. Seems like it is only good for landscapers to drive there big trucks full of debris that they are dumping in the wetlands over there. Great job. Really deferred maintenance to all the roads does not count as a surplus. It is like saying if you don't pay your mortgages, taxes and bills and then claim you are in the black because you still have money in you bank account is the same twisted logic you are using. Eventually you have to pay to maintain your roads. You cannot depend on storms, FEMA and DHS as your defacto highway department. Eventually the facts and truth will win out. Actually it is already happening. Let's see how many people come out to support the "vision" team this time. And they are pretty much the only people on the ballot.
BEWARE

Shirley, NY

#1090 Feb 22, 2013
Remember wrote:
<quoted text>
What I didn't forget is that we are going on three years without a highway department. We have lost miles of pavement to the neglect of our roads. Drive around anywhere below Elm Road and you will see how the composted dirt and detritus from almo0st three years of neglect has now has eaten away at the sides of our roads. This never ever looked like this when we had a Town Highway department. There are no street signs anywhere. The stop signs are covered in graffiti and falling over. The storm drains have not been touched and I finally got over to the east side of Riviera Drive to see what all the fuss about the RCA fill was all about and I have to say what a freakin disaster.l Who the hell doid we purchase that crap from. Any idiot would know that fill is not suitable for the wetlands. I only can guess that the reason we have not sued the supplier that supposedly was authorized to sell DEC compliant fill is that they are related to someone on the board. I mean really have you seen the crap they put down over there? You cannot drive a regular car on it, nor can you walk on it or ride a bike on it. Seems like it is only good for landscapers to drive there big trucks full of debris that they are dumping in the wetlands over there. Great job. Really deferred maintenance to all the roads does not count as a surplus. It is like saying if you don't pay your mortgages, taxes and bills and then claim you are in the black because you still have money in you bank account is the same twisted logic you are using. Eventually you have to pay to maintain your roads. You cannot depend on storms, FEMA and DHS as your defacto highway department. Eventually the facts and truth will win out. Actually it is already happening. Let's see how many people come out to support the "vision" team this time. And they are pretty much the only people on the ballot.
Thank you for your post.It was right on the money from start to finish.At the present spending rate we are going it will show up soon as a financial devastation to the taxpayers.There present objective with the entire present staff is to get rid of the owner occupied homes.Yes seriously because they are losing the rental permit fee on you as an owner.Since the village took over I have mostly rental homes all around me.What a disgrace.Its great for the village because from what I can see the slumlord owners and renters will not do any complaining because most of them though approved by the mighty Tim end up being illegal anyway.Great job TIM.We need a lot of changes in that village office.
Beware

Stamford, CT

#1091 Feb 22, 2013
Really, you thanked "Remember" for their post? Why don't you just pat YOURSELF on the back. Concerned Citizen seems to be confused about how much tax they were paying before the village.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mastic village being dissolved 3 hr Loza 63
MBV to invest in Powerball to reduce debt 16 hr Really Brady 8
Charles Richard Greene Sun Jayar 1
Houses that have been condemned or have violati... Sun Badthebone 9
the reputation of mastic beach village Sun Money for Mastic 36
Poll Honest Frank for Mayor &/or Dissolve the Mastic... (Oct '13) May 28 Honest Frank 92
West End of MBV now Shirley East May 28 Loza 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ridge Mortgages