Ridge man, 27, killed in car crash

Ridge man, 27, killed in car crash

There are 42 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 13, 2007, titled Ridge man, 27, killed in car crash. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Ridge man died and two other men were injured in a three-car accident yesterday when the first man attempted to pass a car in a no-passing zone on Route 25 in Calverton, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sgt craig garcia

Apo, AE

#1 Mar 13, 2007
I'm a slodier in the army and was a close freind to mr.wolfe. I cant beleave that he's gone.When your at war they train you to greav and move on . I just lost three freind's two weeks ago and my roomate and now this.I have been threw alot whith chris as so has many of his freinds.He came along way from back in the day. Chris always lived on the edge... he was a great freind and a great father ...he will be missed by all...,
Vanessa

South Hackensack, NJ

#3 Mar 13, 2007
EXCUSE ME...Just because he passed in a "no passing zone" doesnt justify the fact he is gone. Obviously you never got the opportunity to meet him! Chris was a real nice guy who made people laugh. It's a shame that he passed the way he did. You shouldnt judge by what you read in the paper!!
Tommy

Bronx, NY

#5 Mar 13, 2007
Theres no excuse for this man to dis obey the laws of the road. Now hes dead and critcally injured someone. Follow the rules of the road. they are there for a reason!
chris

Bushkill, PA

#6 Mar 13, 2007
we will miss u, way too young to die, RIP, Mike
hello

Bushkill, PA

#7 Mar 13, 2007
what is wrong with up[eople one of my friends is dead and others are hurt , youpeople sure are judging him as if u never did anythign stupid we all have made mistakesont he road at one point inour lives that doesnt mean he deserved to die at sucha young age chris was a great guy ive known him his entire life he wasm y brothers best friend, if u donthave anythign nice to say thenmaybe you guys shouldnt speak at all,. get a life and respect the dead,
and chris god bless you.. Mike
WENDY

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Mar 13, 2007
Tommy wrote:
Theres no excuse for this man to dis obey the laws of the road. Now hes dead and critcally injured someone. Follow the rules of the road. they are there for a reason!
I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE A LITTLE MORE MORE CAMPASSION FOR THE DEAD. NIETHER YOU OR I KNOW THE CICUMSTANCES OF WHAT WAS GOING ON IN HIS HEAD OR LIFE AT THAT EXACT MOMENT. I WAS BLESSED TO KNOW HIM. HE WAS A GREAT MAN. TO BAD YOU WILL NEVER KNOW. HE LEFT BEHIND HIS MOTHER, BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND A 6 MONTH OLD CHILD. CHRIS WILL ALWAYS BE IN HEARTS R.I.P
WENDY

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Mar 13, 2007
IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!!CHRIS WAS A GOOD MAN. PEOPLE NEED TO HAVE SOME COMPASSION FOR THE DEAD. I WAS BLESSED TO KNOW HIM. IT MAKES ME SICK TO THINK THAT A MAN LOST HIS LIFE LEFT BEHIND HIS MOTHER, BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND A BEAUTIFUL 6 MONTH OLD CHILD AND YOUR GONNA WORRY ABOUT A NO PASSING ZONE.CHRIS YOU WILL BE MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!!!
hello

Bushkill, PA

#10 Mar 13, 2007
Tommy wrote:
moron, if this was ur friend or family u would keep ur mouth shut.. Mike.. chunks bro
McBride Brothers

United States

#11 Mar 13, 2007
Chris your soul is in our prayers. We go all the way back to William Floyd Elem. 20 years bro. I know that we will one day meet again in Heaven. To Tom and the rest of the family. Our prayers and best wishes are with you. It's hard to understand why God permits such suffering sometimes. Let us all learn from this tragic event. Let us all remember the many times Chris brought a smile to our face...and the many times he took up for those around him no matter what...
REST IN PEACE KID.....
Joe, Eric, and Anthony McBride..
Johnson City Tennessee
Michelle

Macungie, PA

#14 Mar 13, 2007
I have known Chris since he was around 8 years old, He was my brothers(Chunk,William) best friend,I took them on school field trips and babysat him. I can't believe he is gone!!
We have all been upset since we found out what happened. I am sure Chris did not intentionally set out to hurt himself or anyone else that morning, sometimes we make bad judgements and something aweful happens. I sincerely hope the other man in the accident pulls through,But we all need to realize this was an Accident! thats why they are called Accidents in the first place and maybe now we will all learn from this.!
Chris will be missed,My deepest sympathy goes out to his family .We have our wonderful memories of him and they will always bring a smile to our face and Now we need to be there for his child so his Child will know exactly what kind of person Chris was.
michael

Bushkill, PA

#16 Mar 13, 2007
hi sis
well said I couldnt have said it better, its a shame these idiots wont ever know chris for the great kid that he was. I cant believe this happened its horrible I really feel for his lil kid who will never get to know his dad,. R.I.P uwillalways be remembered.. Mike ( chunks bro)
Tommy

Bronx, NY

#17 Mar 14, 2007
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
moron, if this was ur friend or family u would keep ur mouth shut.. Mike.. chunks bro
Let me tell you about this: If it was a friend or family, and then maybe youll understand why I posted my previous comment: 4, count them FOUR- of my family members were killed in car related accidents as they call them!

My uncle was killed in a car accident after a sliding on the icy road which another person was going over the speed limit on the same icy road ran into him.

My great-uncle was killed by a drunk driver walking home from work, who didn't even know he hit him and drove from Port Washington to Newark, NJ.

My 6yr old cousin was hit and killed by a car that wasn't paying attention to the red-stop sign on the school bus.

My uncle- was killed after he was cut off on the LIE, and the woman claimed it was his fault for not letting her in the lane.

so if you think for a second I have no compassion your friends or family, please take a second look at this post and realize, that if you follow the rules of the road: You will save other peoples lives.
Nick

Plymouth, MN

#18 Mar 14, 2007
Chris, I love you bro. I cant believe your gone. We have known each other our whole lives and you were like a brother to me. Words cant express how sorry I am. My condolances and sympathy goes out to the entire family. God bless you. We will meet again my brother.
RIP Chris "the kid"
Nick

Plymouth, MN

#19 Mar 14, 2007
Mastic NY
i will find you

Plymouth, MN

#20 Mar 14, 2007
anon wrote:
"it's a shame that he passed the way he did"
You're right. It's a shame that he passed THE OTHER CAR the way he did, critically injuring someone else that was not on the wrong side of the road in a no passing zone.
Where the hell was he going at such a hurry at that time of the morning?
Did you see the cars on News12? They were demolished. He was driving irresponsibly and recklessly at a high rate of speed.
YOur a f&*kin peice of sh*t. Are you god? who are you to judge someone?? you dont even know what happend...he has a 6 month old son! who the f&@k are you anyway???you dont know him, you dont know SH*T!! go post your stupid comments somewhere else. have some compassion for Gods sake!!!
Laurie Gonzalez

AOL

#22 Mar 14, 2007
To ANON: Do you ALWAYS follow the rules??? If you do, then you are not HUMMAN !!! One time or another we break at least one rule in a life time!! In this case it cost Chris"s life!! No one deserves to die!!! No matter how perfect You Think you are!!! I feel sorry for you because you have NO HEART and NO SOUL!!!!! Do us all a favor don't comment on Chris. YOUR NOTHING!!!!!!
Vanessa

South Hackensack, NJ

#23 Mar 14, 2007
Okay well this is the last thing I will say and I ust refuse to fight over the internet, its corny...I knew Chris not as well as other people, I just knew him because I worked with him and joked with him, he was a great guy...I wish he didnt have to leave us so suddenly, YES I will admit maybe Chris should not have tried to pass the other guy but come on, we all have driven stupid in our lives at one point or another..noone can say they never have...Chris's fault or not maybe people should keep some of their opinions to themselves...I just hope none of his family reads some of the messed up things that are written here...

R.I.P Chris, you will be missed
gimme a break

Plymouth, MN

#24 Mar 14, 2007
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you feel the need to call us idiots? It was your friend/relative that was the idiot by passing in a no passing zone and getting himself killed and critically injuring an innocent guy on his way to work.
Perhaps Chris should have though of his son before he started to drive like an 'idiot'
You have no life. Go blog somewhere else. Nobody here wants to hear it. have some sympathy for the dead, you %$%#&^%$%@$@%&^!!!
Nick

Plymouth, MN

#25 Mar 14, 2007
Chris, I love you bro. I cant believe your gone! We have known each other our whole lives and you were like a brother to me. I now regret not being as close as we once were. Words cant express how sorry I am. My condolances and sympathy goes out to the entire family. God bless you. We will meet again my brother. See you soon.
RIP Chris "the kid"
Nick B. MASTIC, NY
well said

Plymouth, MN

#26 Mar 14, 2007
Laurie Gonzalez wrote:
To ANON: Do you ALWAYS follow the rules??? If you do, then you are not HUMMAN !!! One time or another we break at least one rule in a life time!! In this case it cost Chris"s life!! No one deserves to die!!! No matter how perfect You Think you are!!! I feel sorry for you because you have NO HEART and NO SOUL!!!!! Do us all a favor don't comment on Chris. YOUR NOTHING!!!!!!
Well said. We all agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Village Considering Alternate Septic Systems 4 hr The END is NEAR 30
News Parts of private Cedar Beach accessible to public (Feb '09) 5 hr Ms Kay 30
Is Betty the new Bruce? 8 hr The END is NEAR 43
hwy super is a rat and a thief 8 hr al s 1
Insula Dome Skylights going out of business? (Jul '11) 18 hr dennis 11
North Shore Beach Property Owners Association (May '14) Wed RussDWI 10
Does anyone remember.......... (Jan '11) Wed InoMine 76
More from around the web

Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE