Feds rush aid to Puerto Rico amid gro...

Feds rush aid to Puerto Rico amid growing pleas for help

There are 17 comments on the WDBO-AM Orlando story from Sep 25, 2017, titled Feds rush aid to Puerto Rico amid growing pleas for help. In it, WDBO-AM Orlando reports that:

The U.S. ramped up its response Monday to the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico while the Trump administration sought to blunt criticism that its response to Hurricane Maria has fallen short of it efforts in Texas and Florida after the recent hurricanes there. Five days after the Category 4 storm slammed into Puerto Rico, many of the more than 3.4 million U.S. citizens in the territory were still without adequate food, water and fuel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDBO-AM Orlando.

Trump is Terrible

Beverly, MA

#1 Sep 25, 2017
Took way too long. And wondering if President Trump and Melania will be making a trip to visit Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.

Be nice if Trump focused on this instead of calling people terrible names.

“4 years of Libs in agony!”

Since: Jan 11

Lake Geneva, WI

#2 Sep 26, 2017
Trump is Terrible wrote:
Took way too long. And wondering if President Trump and Melania will be making a trip to visit Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.

Be nice if Trump focused on this instead of calling people terrible names.
Yeah, it's not like FEMA and the feds had 2 other major hurricanes to deal with......

Oh wait......
Here We Go Again

United States

#3 Sep 26, 2017
BHM5267 wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah, it's not like FEMA and the feds had 2 other major hurricanes to deal with......

Oh wait......
Our government is more worried about terrorists and will increase military spending, but nature is much more likely to create problems. So this is where Our hard earned tax dollars should go.

It is time to put our funds where they are needed most, for disaster relief.

We have numerous tornadoes every year. Fires, hurricanes, floods...

We will probably have more earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

All of these should take priority over fearing other people who happen to have a different religion.

And if Trump isn't too hot on helping Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands, he needs to cut them loose and let them be independent or let them have statehood.

The United States of America in the year 2017 should not be in the business of colonization.

Same for Guam & Northern Mariana Islands.

We gave the Marshall Islands their independence in the 1980's.

Lake Geneva, WI

#4 Sep 26, 2017
Here We Go Again wrote:
<quoted text>

Our government is more worried about terrorists and will increase military spending, but nature is much more likely to create problems. So this is where Our hard earned tax dollars should go.

It is time to put our funds where they are needed most, for disaster relief.

We have numerous tornadoes every year. Fires, hurricanes, floods...

We will probably have more earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

All of these should take priority over fearing other people who happen to have a different religion.

And if Trump isn't too hot on helping Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands, he needs to cut them loose and let them be independent or let them have statehood.

The United States of America in the year 2017 should not be in the business of colonization.

Same for Guam & Northern Mariana Islands.

We gave the Marshall Islands their independence in the 1980's.
And what do all of those "disasters" have on common?

They all pale in comparison to what the damage would be if Rocketman decides to attach a nuke to one of those missiles. They all pale in comparison to what the damage would be if one of those "different religions" you say we have nothing to fear decides to launch a biological attack.

Better yet, ask the family members of those who dies in one of the latest terrorist attacks how they feel about spending more to protect it's citizens.

We have fires, tornados, and floods every year. People who live in areas that are prone to those should look into this thing called insurance. We also have hurricanes on a regular basis, but just because two hit hard this year doesn't mean we need to run around like the sky is falling.
anonz

Cabot, AR

#5 Sep 26, 2017
Let's not forget about the USVI next door too while their at on it!
Time Out

United States

#6 Sep 26, 2017
BHM5267 wrote:
<quoted text>

And what do all of those "disasters" have on common?

They all pale in comparison to what the damage would be if Rocketman decides to attach a nuke to one of those missiles. They all pale in comparison to what the damage would be if one of those "different religions" you say we have nothing to fear decides to launch a biological attack.

Better yet, ask the family members of those who dies in one of the latest terrorist attacks how they feel about spending more to protect it's citizens.

We have fires, tornados, and floods every year. People who live in areas that are prone to those should look into this thing called insurance. We also have hurricanes on a regular basis, but just because two hit hard this year doesn't mean we need to run around like the sky is falling.
Ok, first of all, before anyone could file an insurance claim, they kind of need to talk to their insurance agent.

Right now in Puerto Rico, there is no means of travel or communication.

They have no water.

They have no plumbing.

They are suffering.

And many will die before they get the basics to survive long enough to seek out their insurance agent.

One thing that Trump cannot seem to do is keep his useless trap shut or his pudgy fingers off Twitter.

He is ignoring Puerto Rico and probably listening to Alex Jones rant instead.

You voted for a very spoiled and undisciplined child for president.

Kim Jong Un and Trump are basically twins. They may not look alike, but they sure act alike.

Lake Geneva, WI

#7 Sep 27, 2017
Time Out wrote:
<quoted text>

Ok, first of all, before anyone could file an insurance claim, they kind of need to talk to their insurance agent.

Right now in Puerto Rico, there is no means of travel or communication.

They have no water.

They have no plumbing.

They are suffering.

And many will die before they get the basics to survive long enough to seek out their insurance agent.

One thing that Trump cannot seem to do is keep his useless trap shut or his pudgy fingers off Twitter.

He is ignoring Puerto Rico and probably listening to Alex Jones rant instead.

You voted for a very spoiled and undisciplined child for president.

Kim Jong Un and Trump are basically twins. They may not look alike, but they sure act alike.
Resources aren't unlimited. There's more than just money involved.

There's a limited number of people, equipment, etc. that are able to deal with a situation of this nature. That means that those resources have to be divided in order to do the job.

You can only ask those people to do so much. There are only a limited number of people that can volunteer their time and effort.

Those people just got done helping the people of Texas, then were asked to help in Florida, both of which are STILL in the process of recovering.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that PR was the last hurricane "victim" and therefore has to wait until those resources become available.

Maybe if PR wasn't completely bankrupt and was a little better at handling their own resources they'd have the ability to offer help to their people. Run yourself like a third world country and be shocked when your abilities are that of a third world country.

Just a thought.
Ms Sassy

Paris, TN

#8 Sep 28, 2017
Worthless Trump, and his bunch of useless, inept, and lazy Buffoons on his Staff and in his Cabinet, should have been prepared and ready to hit the ground running, when those hurricanes hit Puerto Rico.
It wasn't like they didn't have plenty of notice what was almost sure to happen, and when!
They should have had EVERYTHING to go, as soon as they passed!
What the heck does those People do all day, day in and day out, besides kiss Trump's azz and figure out ways to screw-over the Citizens of America?
They are PATHETIC! But, they sure don't have any problem , blowing Americans' Tax Dollars...they're doing that with unprecedented speed! They can't do anything else, competently, but they can sure do that!
There is NO EXCUSE for ALL of their complete uselessness...I can't wait for the American People to steal Trump's own words, and throw them back in his face, with a resounding, "YOU"RE FIRED", to Trump and all of those Worthless Bozos, who can't wipe their own azzes, competently. even though they are probably doing it with OUR DOLLAR BILLS, judging by how fast the average , hardworking People's Tax Money is disappearing, since Trump, and his Lazy Worthless Bunch gained access to it!
All of them, including Trump, can't stop taking endless mini-vacations, IN STYLE, to do any work!
They ALL act like 16-year-olds, with their first new Sports Car, that they can't let sit still for 15 mins....except, Trump and his Bunch are using High-priced JET AIRPLANES, for hour trips, by car, for NO VALID reason, except to show-off, like that 16-year-old that I mentioned, as if to say, "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I"M SOMEBODY IMPORTANT"...on somebody else's MONEY!
They ALL make me want to PUKE...except for possibly the 3 Military Generals, who are the ONLY ONES of the Bunch, who seem to have ANY Common Sense, Maturity, or know how to act like Adults!
ALL the rest act like Spoiled, Out-of-Control , LAZY-AZZ TEENAGERS, who think, "Their Chit Don't Stink" on their FIRST JOB, expecting to get paid for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, WORTHWHILE!
Ghey Ghost

United States

#9 Sep 28, 2017
Ms Sassy wrote:
Worthless Trump, and his bunch of useless, inept, and lazy Buffoons on his Staff and in his Cabinet, should have been prepared and ready to hit the ground running, when those hurricanes hit Puerto Rico.
It wasn't like they didn't have plenty of notice what was almost sure to happen, and when!
What the heck does those People do all day, day in and day out, besides kiss Trump's azz and figure out ways to screw-over the Citizens of America?
They are PATHETIC! But, they sure don't have any problem , blowing Americans' Tax Dollars...they're doing that with unprecedented speed! They can't do anything else, competently, but they can sure do that!
There is NO EXCUSE for ALL of their complete uselessness...I can't wait for the American People to steal Trump's own words, and throw them back in his face, with a resounding, "YOU"RE FIRED", to Trump and all of those Worthless Bozos, who can't wipe their own azzes, competently. even though they are probably doing it with OUR DOLLAR BILLS, judging by how fast the average , hardworking People's Tax Money is disappearing, since Trump, and his Lazy Worthless Bunch gained access to it!
All of them, including Trump, can't stop taking endless mini-vacations, IN STYLE, to do any work!
They ALL act like 16-year-olds, with their first new Sports Car, that they can't let sit still for 15 mins....except, Trump and his Bunch are using High-priced JET AIRPLANES, for hour trips, by car, for NO VALID reason, except to show-off, like that 16-year-old that I mentioned, as if to say, "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I"M SOMEBODY IMPORTANT"...on somebody else's MONEY!
They ALL make me want to PUKE...except for possibly the 3 Military Generals, who are the ONLY ONES of the Bunch, who seem to have ANY Common Sense, Maturity, or know how to act like Adults!
ALL the rest act like Spoiled, Out-of-Control , LAZY-AZZ TEENAGERS, who think, "Their Chit Don't Stink" on their FIRST JOB, expecting to get paid for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, WORTHWHILE!
You're even dumber than I am! DOH!!!!

Lake Geneva, WI

#10 Sep 28, 2017
Ms Sassy wrote:
"It wasn't like they didn't have plenty of notice what was almost sure to happen, and when!"

Those same things could have been said about the people of NOLA when Katrina hit. They were warning people for a freeking week that she was a monster and to get out of town yet it was all Bush's fault.

As for the rest, seek help, I'm sure they have medicine for whatever you have.....

Unless your Obamacare deductible won't cover it.....
supremeliberal

Troup, TX

#11 Sep 28, 2017
BHM5267 wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh wait......
It look they will be getting a third one next week in Florida
Concerned

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Sep 29, 2017
Would the lack of urgency or concern even have occurred if Puerto Rico were a full-fledged state?

A good number of Americans, I imagine, don't even know that Puerto Rico is part of the U.S.

Time to vote statehood Puerto Rico.

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#13 Sep 29, 2017
BHM5267 wrote:
<quoted text>

"It wasn't like they didn't have plenty of notice what was almost sure to happen, and when!"

Those same things could have been said about the people of NOLA when Katrina hit. They were warning people for a freeking week that she was a monster and to get out of town yet it was all Bush's fault.

As for the rest, seek help, I'm sure they have medicine for whatever you have.....

Unless your Obamacare deductible won't cover it.....
For those with HER level of TDS (Trump Derngement Syndrome) there ISN'T currently available treatment No drug,no therapy,counseling,etc... The ONLY answer is to exile them to Venezuala or NoKo or some other 3rd World armpit and let them rot for a few years...... Perhaps they'd learn to hobble that lip since THOSE places/leaders don't tolerate screeching shrill snowflakes. They usually bury them alive as an incentive to others.......
supremeliberal

Troup, TX

#14 Sep 29, 2017
Concerned wrote:
Would the lack of urgency or concern even have occurred if Puerto Rico were a full-fledged state?

A good number of Americans, I imagine, don't even know that Puerto Rico is part of the U.S.

It be cold day in Hell, before Republican gave Puerto Rico ,two Democratic senators,stripping them of one congressional seat

“Hello Trump”

Goodby Hillary

#15 Sep 29, 2017
Concerned wrote:

Let me guess..... you're another one of those Trump hating know-it-all libholes.....
JUst what DO you know about Puerto Rico? BEFORE the frigging hurricane? I'd say damn little to NOTHING. Well loud mouth,HERE are a few pertinent points for asswipes like you.....:

1. P R was BILLIONS of $$$ in debt.

2. The Island's infrastructure roads/power grid was iffy and poorly maintained at best. A main highway THERE is graveled. A PAVED road is a Super Highway,and there weren't too many of them.

3. The people number some 3 millions,and thats just the ones living ON the Island. That doesn't count the other millions that have imigrated to the States-primarily New York and Florida.

Now with those little details taken care of lets discuss the relief efforts.....

1. Supplies-food/water is PILING up at distribution centers. The MAIN problem is transportation to where they are needed most. The roads have to be cleared. Vehicles have to be brought in that can carry the massive amounts there to be handed out.

2. San Juan port is wrecked,it can only take so much traffic to be off loaded which takes time. So the crap piles up at the docks until it can be moved where needed.

3. The ENTIRE power grid has to be rebuilt. It's not like stringing a few wires and VOILA!!! it's fixed. This is no small task. That means hundreds of MILES of wire/cable/POLES and the PEOPLE to do the work....... Vehicles,fuel and lodging FOR those crews doing the work......

But I guess since you're the expert at complaining we can't expect you to know shit about what a relief effort of this scale will involve.

You'd be better off NOT listening to the Trump hating Media and believe the Government is doing the best it can under the conditions it found on the Island. Tons of goods are there and tons more going. It takes time/resources to get it where it needs to be and libhole whiners like your ilk are very little help with your complaining......

“Hello Trump”

Goodby Hillary

#16 Sep 29, 2017
supremeliberal wrote:
<quoted text>It be cold day in Hell, before Republican gave Puerto Rico ,two Democratic senators,stripping them of one congressional seat
PR couldn't make it on it's own as an independent State/Country. The ONLY reason we took it from Spain was because PR couldn't survive on it's own and NO other major power wanted to be it's protector.
Sad for Scott

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Sep 29, 2017
supremeliberal wrote:
<quoted text>It be cold day in Hell, before Republican gave Puerto Rico ,two Democratic senators,stripping them of one congressional seat
Lol..
I know...

The Puerto Ricans themselves, in 3 major peblicsites since 1967, rejected statehood and voted to retain their commonwealth status, preserving a national sovereignty YET wanting the benefits of being U.S. citizens.

Imagine if the Island were independent when Maria occurred? They think it's bad now? They should be oh so greatful of their "commonwealth" status.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Media batter Trump with storm criticism as Hurr... 9 min mr gleeble 72
News 22 Illegal Aliens Arrested in Identity Fraud Sc... Jul '18 Hillaryfarted22X 6
trump and fema drop the ball in purto rico Jul '18 democrats saves ... 1
News Housing extended for 1,700 Puerto Rican hurrica... Jul '18 Mizike 15
News Democrat with presidential aspirations suggests... Jun '18 WasClintofarts 4
News Gay hairdresser in hurricane-ravaged Puerto Ric... Jun '18 Tre H 4
News Big Oil eyes U.S. minority groups to build offs... Jun '18 oil spill 1

Rico Jobs

Personal Finance

Rico Mortgages