Puerto Rico - Fun Facts

Puerto Rico - Fun Facts

There are 1259 comments on the Buzzle.com story from Aug 2, 2007, titled Puerto Rico - Fun Facts. In it, Buzzle.com reports that:

Puerto Rico-Fun Facts" speaks about Puerto Rico, one of the most beautiful countries in Latin America. via Buzzle.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buzzle.com.

american

Puerto Rico

#25 Oct 27, 2008
they call themselves puertoricans just like the people of new york call themselves newyorkers!!
Come on educate yourself!!
Felipe

Puerto Rico

#26 Oct 28, 2008
LIer wrote:
I have yet to see a SINGLE US flag in Puerto Rico off of government property (ex. US Post Office, police station, city hall, federal or state buildings, etc).
Try again ....
I see them every day! Of course you don't live here, so how the hell do you think you know so much? I have a large American flag hanging on my house. along with a Puerto Rican Flag and a Dominican Flag.
Felipe

Puerto Rico

#27 Oct 28, 2008
american wrote:
they call themselves puertoricans just like the people of new york call themselves newyorkers!!
Come on educate yourself!!
Thank you, Glad to see there some educated people on the forum.
lisa

Puerto Rico

#28 Nov 17, 2008
because despite puerto rico being PART of the United states, it is an independent island, outside the United States, we have our own flag, our own constitution, our own culture, food, people, so we are puertoricanssssss...and proud of it.....
Lao Tzu

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#29 Nov 18, 2008
THIS IS the kind of forum some feel comfortable.
What is learned here? Keyboard technique and speed
that is all. However we suggest to practice parragraph construction, the idea of it. Since in regular, natural forum ideas take more than a couple of sentences to develop. The subject does not matter for example, right here I insert, the global warming means craps since the economy went
down the drain, as a consequence of the USA speculators/athletes to cheat no matter what to win, or give the appearance that everything is allright, which is a very childish thing.
LilMisSunshine

AOL

#30 Dec 15, 2008
Ummm this is suppose to be educational website. I don't see sh*t!!! Its nice how it is set up but you need more to it!! Now, I'm a U.S. Citizen!! Show it!! Cause apparently yo don't esa!!!
-Laterzz
Marty

Albuquerque, NM

#31 Dec 17, 2008
I don't see anything 'educatonal" on this website, only informational. Unless you want to know if those little zits on your lower stomach are actually pubic lice...
LOL

Taft, TX

#32 May 30, 2009
Don't you just love how people from places with Spanish names, like 'Durango, Colorado and Arizona, can be hateful toward hispanics. How ironic. Hey American, FYI Puerto Ricans call themselves Puerto Ricans just like a Texan calls himself a Texan or a New Yorker, Alaskan etc...... Get a grip, or maybe just an education.
Butchie

Indianapolis, IN

#33 Jun 6, 2009
LIer wrote:
I have yet to see a SINGLE US flag in Puerto Rico off of government property (ex. US Post Office, police station, city hall, federal or state buildings, etc).
Try again ....
OMG, I haven't either when I've gone on vacation there. Maybe the airport but never ever ever have a seen a U.S. flag anywhere.
Butchie

Indianapolis, IN

#34 Jun 6, 2009
lisa wrote:
because despite puerto rico being PART of the United states, it is an independent island, outside the United States, we have our own flag, our own constitution, our own culture, food, people, so we are puertoricanssssss...and proud of it.....
Puerto Rico is NOT INDEPENDENT. It does not have any rights for self determination. If Puerto Rico wants to be a U.S. state or be independent it will have to be approved by the U.S. Congress. The Puerto Rican flag is a copy of the Cuban flag which was modeled after the American flag. Representatives from Puerto Rico, Cuba and the Dominican Republic were urging the U.S. to intervene against Spain in the late 1800's. The Cuban flag was created in 1848 'La Estrella Solitaria'-'The Lone Star'- flag. The Puerto Rican flag was created in 1895. The Puerto Rican flag used to have a sky blue triangle similar to Cubans sky blue stripes.

“The King is Back!”

Since: Apr 09

San Diego,California

#35 Jun 6, 2009
Fun Fact: Puerto Rico has won the Miss Universe pageant a record five times: Marisol Malaret (1970), Deborah Carthy-Deu (1985), Dayanara Torres (1993), Denisse QuiƱones (2001), and Zuleyka Rivera (2006). It has more titles than Brazil, Argentina and Mexico combined. The only country to have won it more than Puerto Rico is the United States (1954,1956,1960,1967,1980,1995 ,1997)

Since: Nov 07

United States

#36 Jun 7, 2009
Butchie wrote:
<quoted text>Puerto Rico is NOT INDEPENDENT. It does not have any rights for self determination. If Puerto Rico wants to be a U.S. state or be independent it will have to be approved by the U.S. Congress. The Puerto Rican flag is a copy of the Cuban flag which was modeled after the American flag. Representatives from Puerto Rico, Cuba and the Dominican Republic were urging the U.S. to intervene against Spain in the late 1800's. The Cuban flag was created in 1848 'La Estrella Solitaria'-'The Lone Star'- flag. The Puerto Rican flag was created in 1895. The Puerto Rican flag used to have a sky blue triangle similar to Cubans sky blue stripes.
I believe this is a forum for "fun facts", get a grip.
HairyGuy

Anaheim, CA

#37 Jun 8, 2009
mr blvd wrote:
DON"T HATE BRO!!!
WISE & TRUE!!!!!!
Badtothebone

Huntington Station, NY

#38 Jun 9, 2009
Are PR women good in bed? I hear they really like to please their man.
prexplorer

United States

#39 Jun 9, 2009
Butchie wrote:
<quoted text>OMG, I haven't either when I've gone on vacation there. Maybe the airport but never ever ever have a seen a U.S. flag anywhere.
You obviously never went anywhere on the island. The Teodoro Moscoso bridge has huge American and Puerto Rican flags down its entire length on both sides of the span. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/117066911103...

There is an American flag at El Morro National Historic Site in Old San Juan. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/117066911103...

The capitol building also has an American flag. http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/229...
prexplorer

United States

#40 Jun 9, 2009
NO MORE ILLEGALS wrote:
<quoted text>
PR u r the best ? Then why live here go home and help beautify America.. U hang your flags from your car mirrors it is so nice go back home please !
We are home.
MI ORGULLO HAS 50 STARS

Orlando, FL

#41 Jun 9, 2009
We have many visitors from Puerto Rico here in the Orlando area, who stay here thirty or forty years... Many of them are NOT in prison... It's always a pleasure to see Puerto Ricans practicing their driving skills... frequently on the roads ... And they're very brave -- they have no fear of death while on the highway... Theirs, OR ANYONE ELSE'S !
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#42 Jun 9, 2009
Badtothebone wrote:
Are PR women good in bed? I hear they really like to please their man.
What do you mean by "really"? Women are women everywhere.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#43 Jun 9, 2009
The Caribbean as a whole, Puerto Rico in particular, presents a unique landscape. In a place as small (in territory) a person can climb a huge mountain range, while in minutes be at an urban beach. All this without having to drive for hours, and the driving on a U.S. quality highway system.

P.R., one of the islands known for the quantity and quality of its waters.

Jorge
prexplorer

United States

#44 Jun 9, 2009
Mushilikas wrote:
WHERE ARE THE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!
Puerto Rico has the distinction of possessing some of the few bioluminescent bays in the world. This phenomenon is the result of a delicate eco-system that allows dinoflagellates, microscopic organisims that are in such high concentrations that when the water is disturbed it glows. The best of these bays is Mosquito Bay in Vieques, Puerto Rico. They can only be seen at night with minimal light interference.

See www.biobay.com for photos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay boxer dedicates fight to Pulse nightclub ma... Jul '16 david traversa 3
News News Senate set to begin voting on Puerto Rico ... Jun '16 News Flash 7
News House passes Puerto Rico rescue bill Jun '16 Jack 11
News Clinton, Sanders clash over Puerto Rico rescue ... May '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Arvada teen speaks after sleepwalking 9 miles (Nov '15) Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 2
News Immigrant pleads guilty to using fake birth cer... (Jan '16) Apr '16 searching4 6
News Puerto Rico panic (Dec '15) Dec '15 ALLANKs 5

Rico Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rico Mortgages