United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Why are the druggies, prostitutes, deadbeats and unemployed allowed to hang out on Main Street and Oakford Avenue all hours of the day and night? This is such a cruddy image to see when you have to stop in town because of the town's only red light? Dope dealers in a huddle, pit bull dogs chasing leashed dogs and their owners into the traffic, the unkempt appearances of the people that obviously don't care about their self image, women trying to get tricks, talking to their John's holding up traffic.

Mayor McClung, the councilpersons and the Police need to enforce Ordinances and laws and maybe write a few new ones to stop this miserable, grubby looking gathering of people that are doing absolutely nothing for Richwood's image. Cleaning up the City entails a lot more than just doing spring cleaning for households. The corner of Oakford and Main Street needs a major drastic clean up!
Sincerely

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Why wrote:
Why are the druggies, prostitutes, deadbeats and unemployed allowed to hang out on Main Street and Oakford Avenue all hours of the day and night? This is such a cruddy image to see when you have to stop in town because of the town's only red light? Dope dealers in a huddle, pit bull dogs chasing leashed dogs and their owners into the traffic, the unkempt appearances of the people that obviously don't care about their self image, women trying to get tricks, talking to their John's holding up traffic.
Mayor McClung, the councilpersons and the Police need to enforce Ordinances and laws and maybe write a few new ones to stop this miserable, grubby looking gathering of people that are doing absolutely nothing for Richwood's image. Cleaning up the City entails a lot more than just doing spring cleaning for households. The corner of Oakford and Main Street needs a major drastic clean up!
I dont know who wrote this but I can tell you ....everything on this post is the exact truth.Not to worry .I will see that this whole situation is taken care of>The dog fight was just the beginning.If I were in charge of that Drop In Center I would just go ahead and close the doors.
Sincerely

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

If we as citizens could just work together .We could either force the Drop In Center to relocate or close all together.I cant believe tax dollars are being spent this way.Especially with the economy in the condition we are in.I can tell you I will be making phone calls to Charleston tomarrow.I am not even going to try and let Richwood handle this .Its not worth wasting my time.If something was going to be done it would have been done a long time ago.Maybe I should just forward the information from these sights to the Charleston office.That would probably be a good start.We have to get the trash off the street.
Sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Sincerely wrote:
<quoted text>rI dont know who wrote this but I can tell you ....everything on this post is the exact truth.Not to worry .I will see that this whole situation is taken care of>The dog fight was just the beginning.If I were in charge of that Drop In Center I would just go ahead and close the doors.
Good luck. I know people who have made numerous phone calls seemingly just to be blown off! I think everyone feels the same about this eye sore. It is embarassing. I agree with whoever said take the drug dog out in that vicinity. Does DW think that dog enhances his image? Young girls and druggies. Who is offering the counseling? If you ask me, it is just a place to give and receive. Isn't there a gun shop going in next door? Won't that be nice? Druggies with access to guns on Main Street.
IN THE DARK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

Judged:

Would somebody fill me in on what is going. I don't walk the streets anymore and there is a scroungy bunch that hang around there. Someone please tell me what this DROP-IN-CENTER is and its purpose. Maybe we could start a chapter of the KKK or a vigilante group and get rid of these people.

Will help all I can.....
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2008

That rotweiller dog attacked 2 women's dogs while they had them on leashes walking them. One woman was forced out on to the street in traffic under the red light yesterday trying to get away from the leashed rotweiller but it's leash wasn't being held by the guy while he was hanging out and talking to the other undesirables at the Drop In Center. The day before, an older woman's dog was attacked while she was walking it, that rotweiller drew blood on her little house dog!

The dog owner needs put to sleep, not the dog because the dog is obeying its master and is mistreated by that guy, he is doing what he was taught, so the dog will eventually suffer the consequences.

As for that Drop In Center, there are dopers that hang up there at all hours, its just a central headquarters for them to gather and laugh at the cops for not catching them. That woman and 2 boys, her son's, they might be, ride on there bikes and snitch on people to the cops but the dopers never seem to get snitched on.
Cindy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

The dog that attacked my dog was reported to the city police and is no longer allowed in the town of Richwood.Yes I was forced into traffic under the stop light.Yes the owner is upset with me,but you can not let something like this happen and expect people to just sit back and do nothing.I feel the same about the DROP IN CENTER.Yes phone calls have been made before,yes things have been said,but if enough people complain I believe this can be resolved.I plan to do whatever it takes to clean up Main Street.By the way all you (Street Slackers)if you see me on my roof ...yes I am watching you and dont be surprised if you see a camera soon.
Far Far Away

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

I disagree with all that is said about the Drop In Center... Because this place is for help if you have a problem the tell us instead of writing it on a website!! To tell you the truth if you all want the druggies off the street then why don't you guys help them get off the street instead of thinking they are worthless all people need in some way!!! I think the drop in center in a wonderful place it is helping Richwood and the young kids around here with there GED this is just how i feel about the DROP-IN-CENTER!!!!
Sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

Far Far Away wrote:
I disagree with all that is said about the Drop In Center... Because this place is for help if you have a problem the tell us instead of writing it on a website!! To tell you the truth if you all want the druggies off the street then why don't you guys help them get off the street instead of thinking they are worthless all people need in some way!!! I think the drop in center in a wonderful place it is helping Richwood and the young kids around here with there GED this is just how i feel about the DROP-IN-CENTER!!!!
What kind of help are they getting or receiving outside on the sidewalk? The Drop In Center...uh, maybe they should try actually going in it as opposed to hanging out of it! That's what gives them their bad name. Keep their business inside...that's why rent in being paid. As far as helping them, I have numerous friends and family members who are on drugs. Our family has taken them to rehabs, paid for implants, drove them to the meth clinic in Beckley on a regular basis. They have repaid us by stealing, lying and using us. So don't tell me to try to help them. No one, I repeat NO ONE quits drugs unless they have the desire to. Commiserating with other druggies ain't gonna inspire them. The people hanging out down there are exactly the ones they need to break all ties with. How many success stories do you know? Sad to say, but my friend tell me they go to bed worrying about where their next fix is coming from. Oh what con artists. They will empty your purse, drain your patience and break you heart. I say at least NO LOITERING on the streets. Maybe this sounds harsh. I do care about these people, many are friends. But this center is not the answer.
Smiley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

I disagree with all that is said about the Drop In center too! The things that have been said, are not true, there are no proatitues.. The girls that come into the center are doing GED classes online, trying to better theirselves... I will not let this place be shut down because this place has saved people.. Just because of the people who come into this center doesn't mean their street slackers, or deadbeats.... The truth is people can change, you just gotta have faith.. But really if you have a problem with what is going on at the center or in front of the center talk to the Director..
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

Smiley wrote:
I disagree with all that is said about the Drop In center too! The things that have been said, are not true, there are no proatitues.. The girls that come into the center are doing GED classes online, trying to better theirselves... I will not let this place be shut down because this place has saved people.. Just because of the people who come into this center doesn't mean their street slackers, or deadbeats.... The truth is people can change, you just gotta have faith.. But really if you have a problem with what is going on at the center or in front of the center talk to the Director..
You aren't doing GED classes while smoking on the sidewalk or talking to guys in passing cars. You aren't doing GED classes with 1 to 3 kids in a baby stroller there. You can't be doing GED classes for the 12 hours or more there in one day hanging out, how long does it take to do a GED class and get it? Some people seen there hang out rather than getting a job and working.

Talk to the director, what a joke, her boys are seen going in there all hours of the day and night, they should be working at a job, she shouldn't be seen sitting out there all hours of the day and night, she is setting the bad example. What degree or experience does she have to properly guide and direct the people that really need help there?

As for the GED classes, they should be at the Library or back at City Hall, when they were there, they weren't hanging out all hours, they did their classes and went home or on to their jobs.
Holly Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

Richwood Drop In Center has Saved my mother's life, she has been clean and sober for almost 3 years.. Without this place helping her I probley wouldn't have her in my life today.. She helps all who need help and she is doing a very good job at it.. I am one of the girls that come down to the center. I come down here to take my Ged classes online, so I can better myself.... If this place closes down then what? You think thats going to help get druggies off the streets.. Of course its not.... But really the Richwood Drop in Center is not a bad place at all.. The Drop In is a place to help people better their self and get there life together...
Peanut

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

Holly Smith wrote:
Richwood Drop In Center has Saved my mother's life, she has been clean and sober for almost 3 years.. Without this place helping her I probley wouldn't have her in my life today.. She helps all who need help and she is doing a very good job at it.. I am one of the girls that come down to the center. I come down here to take my Ged classes online, so I can better myself.... If this place closes down then what? You think thats going to help get druggies off the streets.. Of course its not.... But really the Richwood Drop in Center is not a bad place at all.. The Drop In is a place to help people better their self and get there life together...
If this Drop In center was such a great place for the past 3 years, they would have encouraged you to stay in school to get your diploma instead of getting pregnant and having a kid, no diploma and no job and the same goes for your brother.

I am all for getting a person's life together but they aren't doing that presently. I see more druggies, dealer's and prostitutes there than I see success stories. Furthermore, if you haven't gotton your life together in the past 3 years like your mother then the Center isn't doing their job and should be closed down.
Sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Smiley wrote:
Who would the director be and how do you contact them?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

Wow can you feel the love!!!

How refreshing to see such compassion for fellow human beings...

Remember that little phrase...'There but for the grace of God go I...

What bitter, angry, ugly comments.
your friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

I know who this is all or most is coming fron ,yes you CINDY FACEMIRE,my dear friend,yes the center is a lifesaver,yes we are here to stay for good,you all are always welcome to stop by anytime,talk about young 11 year olds who dont need outdoors cause you run in front of traffic,and spit off your apartment building on people,TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN PROBLEMS, MAY GOD BE WITH YOUR LOST SOUL WE WILL PRAY FOR RICHWOOD BUSY-BODIES WHO DONT HAVE A LIFE OF THEIR OWN,YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ,GOD BE WITH YOU####
123 gogo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

watch your foor ,better yet watch your sweet daughter,the street walker say cheese for the camera,dont forget to smile pretty
Sue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

JaneEyre wrote:
Wow can you feel the love!!!
How refreshing to see such compassion for fellow human beings...
Remember that little phrase...'There but for the grace of God go I...
What bitter, angry, ugly comments.
Do you live in Richwood? I know Sville wouldn't tolerate this
Peanut

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

Far Far Away wrote:
young kids should be in school getting an education, not hanging out, unemployed with known druggies that say they want to kick the habit but do nothing to kick it or better themselves.
Cindy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

When I put a statement on this computer it is from (Cindy).You should look around there are other comments besides the one now two that I have posted.Someone told me to read this because people were talking about my dog.Thats why I got on here.By the way..I take very good care of my children and no harm will come to them.I have never spit off my roof, I am not like other people in this town.I only stated that people need to get off the street>if people were not allowed to hang out in front of the center this would not have happened.Why would I want the Drop In Center to close.I dont want it to close.I think things should be handled in a professional manner.If this situation ,with the dog, had not happened I would not even be on this sight.Sooner or later Enough Is Enough!!!If the center had been run , the way it should have ,you would not be having this problem.I can tell you I have worked in the school system for many years with challenged individuals...most of the people that go to the drop in center are friends of mine .I have even taken them to different functions.So could someone tell me why my name is involved in this.If it is because of my dog he is gone too and he was dear to alot of people in this town.So who should be upset with who. You should pray about this.I think someone owes me an appology.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Richwood Forum right now

Search the Richwood Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 18 min Mgtn Res 54,391
Fire House Grill 11 hr Bull 74
when is the pretty baby contest 13 hr grammar man 7
talent show Thu whatever 2
Katashia phillips or the last name she prefers ... Wed It is Sad 21
Review: Vickie's Market Wed Agree 5
Carol and Shaun Hulett (Apr '13) Tue wanubad 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Richwood Jobs

•••