First Prev
of 2
Next Last
me and i

Charleston, WV

#1 Jul 8, 2012
Larry Tinney is the new police chief. I think it is great that someone that lives in richwood is our police chief. I also heard but i do not know if it is true but was told Cutlip got mad and quit because he was mad he did not get the position. Anyone hear about any of this?
fatboy

Seth, WV

#2 Jul 8, 2012
me and i wrote:
Larry Tinney is the new police chief. I think it is great that someone that lives in richwood is our police chief. I also heard but i do not know if it is true but was told Cutlip got mad and quit because he was mad he did not get the position. Anyone hear about any of this?
I seen Cutlip yesterday in uniform.I hope he does not quit he is a good officer.
Butch Brown

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jul 8, 2012
me and i wrote:
whos the mayor now ? Bob Johnson ? just like it was back in 2004 when really richwood had no police dept basically because nothing would ever get done. Now going abck to the same old junk once again
me and i

Charleston, WV

#4 Jul 9, 2012
Butch Brown wrote:
<quoted text>whos the mayor now ? Bob Johnson ? just like it was back in 2004 when really richwood had no police dept basically because nothing would ever get done. Now going abck to the same old junk once again
No it is not just the same old junk, at least Bob Johnson is not A thief like Mcclung, and i know Larry Tinney will be better then what Chief Morris was, he was worthless and collected a check to sit at a desk all day. And i like Cutlip too, i hope he sticks around he has been very nice to me, but i try not to do anything wrong so the police dont bother my old butt anyway.
ben

Hurricane, WV

#5 Jul 9, 2012
Tinney will be a do nothing chief. Sad for Richwood.
what next

Charleston, WV

#6 Jul 9, 2012
With Larry Tinney we're walking backwards. I am terribly disappointed to see him back. Larry Tinney is neither qualified nor certified. Only thing he is capable of doing is collecting a paycheck (with lots of overtime turned in that is fruitless). And that Cutlip kid isn't any better. Try calling for a policeman at 1:00-1:30 in the morning to take care of a neighboring problem when you're trying to sleep because you have a job to go to the next day and Cutlip is on duty. See how much help he is. None!! Cutlip is highly opinionated and not very smart. So as for the chief of police position, I believe the mayor and council simply flipped a coin. Congratulations Larry Tinney!
parent

Charleston, WV

#7 Jul 10, 2012
LARRY IS VERY QUALIFIED
Psh

Barboursville, WV

#8 Jul 10, 2012
Cutlip is a joke, he worked for Webster springs and cowen too I heard.. Wonder why that didn't last? He thinks he is something but he is just embarassing to see as a cop in town. Richwood is already a big joke to ppl they don't need to make it worse. He's a laughing stalk.
nyles

Hurricane, WV

#9 Jul 10, 2012
Richwood has become the joke of the county. Really sad.
missy

United States

#10 Jul 10, 2012
Cutlips always been VERY nice to me.
Butch Brown

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Jul 10, 2012
We need Baber and Delk back Baber straighten richwood out andgorid of Larry Tinney once I remember Baber telline me once we went from bascially having no police dept to having 1 after he got there and the whole town has to just get used to it and that was right now with larry and bob back like it was arouns 2000 to 2004 there will be nothing done hopefuully most of ricxhwood woll get smart enough to leave or they will just die off what is the population of Richwood now ? 500 ?
exrichwooder

Charleston, WV

#12 Jul 11, 2012
nyles wrote:
Richwood has become the joke of the county. Really sad.
always has been
parent

Charleston, WV

#13 Jul 11, 2012
the problem is that richwood residents will not pull together and stand up for whats right when we are treated unfairly. All you do is cry and bitch insted of bonding together and standing up..You cry behind a computer screen, grow some balls and stand up
Resident

Summersville, WV

#14 Jul 11, 2012
Butch Brown wrote:
We need Baber and Delk back Baber straighten richwood out andgorid of Larry Tinney once I remember Baber telline me once we went from bascially having no police dept to having 1 after he got there and the whole town has to just get used to it and that was right now with larry and bob back like it was arouns 2000 to 2004 there will be nothing done hopefuully most of ricxhwood woll get smart enough to leave or they will just die off what is the population of Richwood now ? 500 ?
You sound like an educated man, but in reality you are just another fool if you believe Baber did anything to help Richwood. Bob Johnson worked hard to bring Richwood back to life after the Rose administration nearly destroyed it and then Baber got in office and nearly destroyed it again. I hope he is able to do the same good work after McClung and Schoolcraft took it to the brink too. As for his choice of Larry Tinney to be his Chief of Police, I know Larry is a good honest man and am glad that he is back.
Hmmm

Ardsley, NY

#15 Jul 20, 2012
LMAO, that's all I can say!!!!
Kathy

Huntington, WV

#16 Jul 20, 2012
parent wrote:
LARRY IS VERY QUALIFIED
I agree, he is very qualified. I mean he has been to the academy, what three times now? No one said you had to pass to be chief. My question is how can you expect the officers under your supervision to adhere to the laws you never learned yourself? Bad move, Bob.
Citizen

Summersville, WV

#17 Jul 21, 2012
Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, he is very qualified. I mean he has been to the academy, what three times now? No one said you had to pass to be chief. My question is how can you expect the officers under your supervision to adhere to the laws you never learned yourself? Bad move, Bob.
WRONG!!! Larry may not have graduated from the academy but he is the best choice available to serve as Chief of Police. He knows the people in Richwood and he is honest. That is as important as an academy certification. Good choice Mayor.
well

Oakvale, WV

#18 Jul 25, 2012
We finally have some cops that will take care of the drug problem and now from what I hear, Tinney is lazy and nothing got done before when he was chief. So great, just great. Richwood was bad before but now what will happen with a chief that doesn't do anything? I wish all the druggies would just blow themselves up. And hopefully Cutlip and Moore will hang around and keep up the great work! At least they are dedicated and don't take people's crap!
Citizen

Summersville, WV

#19 Jul 25, 2012
well wrote:
We finally have some cops that will take care of the drug problem and now from what I hear, Tinney is lazy and nothing got done before when he was chief. So great, just great. Richwood was bad before but now what will happen with a chief that doesn't do anything? I wish all the druggies would just blow themselves up. And hopefully Cutlip and Moore will hang around and keep up the great work! At least they are dedicated and don't take people's crap!
When Larry was the Chief before, we didn't have the drug problems like we have now. Seems to me that the problems started after he left. Hopefully, he can get it back under control again. Keep up the good work Larry and show the non believers what a real police officer can do!!!
ramey

Ridgeview, WV

#20 Jul 25, 2012
You let me know when Larry has his officers out on a drug bust. You've got to be kidding. The only reason decent people continue to live in Richwood is because they own homes they can't sell. Richwood had a good chief & refused to stand up or him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missy Donaldson 28 min DUH 11
Sundie Boothe Casto 6 hr Local 16
old fraley restaurant 7 hr jack 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 17 hr Water Boi 1,380
fema Sat jackie 11
Mumsey's Fri Curious 12
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Jul 21 knot 1,765

Richwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richwood Mortgages