When The Kids Come Out To Play
Nice

United States

#44 Aug 13, 2012
So you feel it is wrong for a girl to like another girl but it's ok for someone else to care for your child?
SmartOne

Kenna, WV

#45 Aug 13, 2012
Yes it is fine for MY SISTER to care for my child, I can not take care of her while going back to school. What does my sister taking care of my child have to so with anything I mean honestly?
whynohomo

Bluefield, WV

#46 Aug 13, 2012
You know I agree. Hating someone based on their sexuality is no different than hating someone because of the color of their skin or judging someone based on their sexuality. Same thing. If you are going to say that a gay person is evil or a sinner, just because of what you read in the bible, or what you believe to have been said by someone that you believe exists....what kind of sense does that REALLY make? The god that I believe there may be, is one who loves ALL people. A god that would never turn someone away because they chose to love someone else of the same sex. That does not make them a bad person. A bad person would be someone who harms other people, hurts other people intentionally, you know...things of that nature. I. Believe if you through your life trying to be a good person, and you are true to yourself and the ones you love, then you will be alright in the eyes of god. Nobody is perfect. And I believe god understands that.
Curious George

Summersville, WV

#47 Aug 14, 2012
whynohomo wrote:
You know I agree. Hating someone based on their sexuality is no different than hating someone because of the color of their skin or judging someone based on their sexuality. Same thing. If you are going to say that a gay person is evil or a sinner, just because of what you read in the bible, or what you believe to have been said by someone that you believe exists....what kind of sense does that REALLY make? The god that I believe there may be, is one who loves ALL people. A god that would never turn someone away because they chose to love someone else of the same sex. That does not make them a bad person. A bad person would be someone who harms other people, hurts other people intentionally, you know...things of that nature. I. Believe if you through your life trying to be a good person, and you are true to yourself and the ones you love, then you will be alright in the eyes of god. Nobody is perfect. And I believe god understands that.
Being a good person doesn't get you into Heaven. You must believe that Jesus was crucified and died on a cross for your sins and arose from the dead in Christ's name. You have to be born again. I will pray for all of you on here. I feel sorry for you. We all, each and everyone Will stand before God to be Judged. Every knee shall bawl and every tongue shall confess, that Jesus Christ is Lord. Will it be to late for you? All who have heard the word and choose to ignore it will be cast into hell.
Ex Pat

Morgantown, WV

#48 Aug 14, 2012
You people kill me. Still blindly holding on to the superstitions of a 2,000 year old, nomadic desert tribe that thought the world was flat, and that you became sick because of a lack of faith.

What about heterosexual displays of affection? Does that bother you, as well? When you're walking down the street and you see a guy and a girl, holding hands? Kissing? Groping? I would think that kind of behavior would be just as offensive to you. Would I be correct?

Or is it just because it's a same-sex couple? I grew up in richwood in the 80s. I remember what the world was like then. No significant roles for minorities on television, Music was mainly white artists, with a few breakthroughs by minorities here and there, affirmitive action, the ACLU, NAACP, and Jesse Jackson. It was a climate of change. And 'lo and behold, the world changed. And it changed again in the 90s with the internet, and it changed again with xenophobic tendencies of a post 9/11 world in the 00s.

It's cultural evolution. As our electronic devices become more powerful, the world itself grows smaller. It's easy to exchange ideas with someone who lives on the other side of the planet. In the 80s, that was only possible through the old, "pen pal" route, and the places and people seemed about as alien as you could get and still reside on the same planet. you required an encyclopedia, or access to the library to learn about distant lands, and now it's literally a google search, and a click away.

What I'm trying to say is, basically, you can't stop progress. you can bitch and moan all you like, but the world, as a whole, is going to keep on changing. Here's an example for you. If you ask any red blooded, American male, and even a large percentage of the female population, two womaen, together sexually, is a turn on. You ask a guy, "you want to see two chicks together in bed?" and the answer you're going to get is, "Hell yeah!" Well, in Ancient Rome, the idea of two women together was an abomination. BUT..... It was socially acceptable for two men to be together. I won't go as far as to say it was expected, but it certainly didn't raise any eyebrows.

it's a huge, wonderful universe out there people. We're all related to each other biologically, to the earth, chemically, and to the universe elementally. The stars themselves died so we could be here today, creating the elements that compose the world around us, not some Jewish kid who may or may not have existed.

Homosexuality hurts no one. It doesn't HURT YOU, it doesn't HURT ME. It's just another anomaly in this crazy space we call life. Let it go. Concentrate on your own happiness, and quit being so petty.

If a SSPDA happens in front of you and your children, explain it to them, and let them make their own choices, and decisions. 9 times out of 10, if they don't know about it already, then they're so young, they have no interest in any sex, the same or opposite, anyways. and if they are old enough to know what it is, then they've probably already talked about it with their friends, and drawn their own conclusions. In this modern world, they can probably use the internet much better than you or I can, so just chill out and let them live.
whynohomo

Bluefield, WV

#49 Aug 14, 2012
AGREED!!! And you know what, ill "pray" for you. " curious george".....ill pray that you get off your high horse and stop judging everyone based on what YOU BELIEVE to be true. EVERYONE is DIFFERENT and you have no right to say whether or not someone else is living in "sin" or going to so called hell, and you sure as hell can't sit there and tell me what will happen to me when I pass. I'm confident in who I am and the life that I live, and jusr because I don't believe what you believe does not mean that I will burn in hell either. Take the blinders off!! We are all different, so stop trying to make everyone conform to your religion and your ways of life. I'm so tired of having this crap shoved in my face, and being threatened to "go to hell" if I don't fall in line with the church life and giving my life to god. These people want you put god first before EVERYONE in your life...including your own children. They want you to put a man whom you don't even know for sure exists before your own family. I'm sorry but that will never happen. I will live my life, be the best person I can be, be true to myself and my family, and wherever I go when I pass is yet to be seen, but I'm sure it will be wonderful. So don't pray for me I don't need your prayers...what I need and everyone else needs is for ppl like you to wake up and get your head out of the clouds, and start accepting things for what they are, not what you think the ought to be!
Have a nice day:)
Nice

United States

#50 Aug 14, 2012
SmartOne wrote:
Yes it is fine for MY SISTER to care for my child, I can not take care of her while going back to school. What does my sister taking care of my child have to so with anything I mean honestly?
Honestly, what do two girls or guys hooking up have anything to do with you?
Devilwoman

United States

#51 Sep 18, 2012
Wow. Ya know I believe in God but it is people like the ones in here that I CHOOSE not to attend church. HYPOCRITES!!!! Hey a life and leave others alone.
Devilwoman

United States

#52 Sep 18, 2012
Ex Pat wrote:
You people kill me. Still blindly holding on to the superstitions of a 2,000 year old, nomadic desert tribe that thought the world was flat, and that you became sick because of a lack of faith.
What about heterosexual displays of affection? Does that bother you, as well? When you're walking down the street and you see a guy and a girl, holding hands? Kissing? Groping? I would think that kind of behavior would be just as offensive to you. Would I be correct?
Or is it just because it's a same-sex couple? I grew up in richwood in the 80s. I remember what the world was like then. No significant roles for minorities on television, Music was mainly white artists, with a few breakthroughs by minorities here and there, affirmitive action, the ACLU, NAACP, and Jesse Jackson. It was a climate of change. And 'lo and behold, the world changed. And it changed again in the 90s with the internet, and it changed again with xenophobic tendencies of a post 9/11 world in the 00s.
It's cultural evolution. As our electronic devices become more powerful, the world itself grows smaller. It's easy to exchange ideas with someone who lives on the other side of the planet. In the 80s, that was only possible through the old, "pen pal" route, and the places and people seemed about as alien as you could get and still reside on the same planet. you required an encyclopedia, or access to the library to learn about distant lands, and now it's literally a google search, and a click away.
What I'm trying to say is, basically, you can't stop progress. you can bitch and moan all you like, but the world, as a whole, is going to keep on changing. Here's an example for you. If you ask any red blooded, American male, and even a large percentage of the female population, two womaen, together sexually, is a turn on. You ask a guy, "you want to see two chicks together in bed?" and the answer you're going to get is, "Hell yeah!" Well, in Ancient Rome, the idea of two women together was an abomination. BUT..... It was socially acceptable for two men to be together. I won't go as far as to say it was expected, but it certainly didn't raise any eyebrows.
it's a huge, wonderful universe out there people. We're all related to each other biologically, to the earth, chemically, and to the universe elementally. The stars themselves died so we could be here today, creating the elements that compose the world around us, not some Jewish kid who may or may not have existed.
Homosexuality hurts no one. It doesn't HURT YOU, it doesn't HURT ME. It's just another anomaly in this crazy space we call life. Let it go. Concentrate on your own happiness, and quit being so petty.
If a SSPDA happens in front of you and your children, explain it to them, and let them make their own choices, and decisions. 9 times out of 10, if they don't know about it already, then they're so young, they have no interest in any sex, the same or opposite, anyways. and if they are old enough to know what it is, then they've probably already talked about it with their friends, and drawn their own conclusions. In this modern world, they can probably use the internet much better than you or I can, so just chill out and let them live.
WELL SAID!!
onlyoneGod

Bluefield, WV

#53 Sep 19, 2012
The difference in Christianity and other religions... My God lives!! And He is judging. HIS word will stand when all else falls. Denying HIM is the only unforgivable sin. If you seek His forgiveness for your sins he is just to forgive. You then must have the desire to turn from your wicked ways and seek after HiS rightness. Laziness and sodomy are both an abomination before THE Lord. If as a Christian you love unconditionally as Christ does you tell the TRUTH. According to the true word of God, you walk in the light, you TEACH the world, especially in your own hometown, because it breaks your heart to think of others going to hell!! Thank you SmartOne for telling the truth. Also, because you love as Christ loves, you Do Not want the world around you to FORCE ungodly,evil, abominations in front if you children or grandchildren. Keep the truth coming SmArtOne.
expat

Morgantown, WV

#54 Sep 20, 2012
Really? Your god lives? I bet if you asked a Muslim, he'd say HIS god lives, and you're wrong. Same for a Jew, or an Indian. There really aren't that many religions left, and I'd love to see the day when they were all replaced with universal compassion, and plain old common sense. Try going out and doing good because it's the right thing to do. The human thing to do. Not because it's a prerequisite to get into heaven where you'll find everyone you ever love, all the pets you ever had, all the toys you ever lost, and all the socks that mysteriously disappeared in the wash.

Do it because the act of kindness, in and of itself, should be enough of a reward. The legacy you leave behind here on earth is, in my opinion, the only shot you'll get at eternal life. It will be how the world remembers you that is important. And if I am viewed as kind, compassionate, and a good person and friend,foremost, then you can feel free to classify me as a godless heathen secondarily, and that will be just fine by me.
SmartOne

Charleston, WV

#55 Sep 20, 2012
I'm actually surprised most of you haven't realized I only created this topic to see the controversy upon people. I was trying to see how many people would argue with me just to prove me wrong. Congratulations why aren't most of you lawyers?
expat

Morgantown, WV

#56 Sep 21, 2012
Well, personally, I'm not a lawyer because it never really interested me. I'm a scientist, at heart. And I made a huge mistake. When I stated that a Muslim would tell you his god lives, and a Jewish person would tell you the same, I misspoke. All three religions believe in exactly the same god. Christians and Muslims branched off from Judaism to form their own religions. All three worship the exact same god. This is more an apology for myself, than any attempt to justify, or vilify a particular group of people. Allah is just the Arabic name for god. The main difference is that Muslims only see jesus as another prophet and not, the son of god.

Personally, I see it all as a perverted stance on the ancient, astrotheological worship of the stars. Ito was originally, the sun of god, that shelters us in his light and warmth, protecting us from the dark, cold nights.
onlyoneGod

Oakvale, WV

#57 Sep 21, 2012
expat wrote:
Well, personally, I'm not a lawyer because it never really interested me. I'm a scientist, at heart. And I made a huge mistake. When I stated that a Muslim would tell you his god lives, and a Jewish person would tell you the same, I misspoke. All three religions believe in exactly the same god. Christians and Muslims branched off from Judaism to form their own religions. All three worship the exact same god. This is more an apology for myself, than any attempt to justify, or vilify a particular group of people. Allah is just the Arabic name for god. The main difference is that Muslims only see jesus as another prophet and not, the son of god.

Personally, I see it all as a perverted stance on the ancient, astrotheological worship of the stars. Ito was originally, the sun of god, that shelters us in his light and warmth, protecting us from the dark, cold nights.
my God lives. He is the one and only God. Jesus is the Son of God. As Christians, we worship The Creator, not the creation. There is a lot of difference there.
too funny

Summersville, WV

#58 Sep 22, 2012
onlyoneGod wrote:
<quoted text>
my God lives. He is the one and only God. Jesus is the Son of God. As Christians, we worship The Creator, not the creation. There is a lot of difference there.
there is no god, no heaven...if you really believed there was you would not be on this site reading all this crap...jesus on the other hand was a real person, gay, but a real person...he liked his 12 buddies a lot...not a savior, not born of a virgin,(get real)just a good gay guy that tried to live among all people which is what we should do every day as well
proudCoalMinersM om

Ardsley, NY

#59 Sep 22, 2012
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>there is no god, no heaven...if you really believed there was you would not be on this site reading all this crap...jesus on the other hand was a real person, gay, but a real person...he liked his 12 buddies a lot...not a savior, not born of a virgin,(get real)just a good gay guy that tried to live among all people which is what we should do every day as well
you can believe what you want. You say there is no God. How about the one that you look at in the Mirror every morning. You are your own god with a small g. If you think there isn't a God. That he and His word to guild us, then why or who are you trying to argue against? And one more question. How do you know which treads I read??? Hummmm. You WILL believe in God at some point. Not believing doesn't make it real. Your life as mind doesn't end in death, you are an eternal life. God loves you.
ProudLesbian

Danville, WV

#60 Oct 19, 2012
Oh well hi there! I just came to say that my girlfriend and I are perfectly happy together, you have a problem with that? Well you can take it up with the mirror. Take a long hard look at yourself and ask yourself why you have to hate us so much... We have never done anything to you and if we have it wasn't all of us it was just one person. Not all of us have aids or herpes. Just grow up already!
Dont know

Springfield, NJ

#61 Jan 4, 2013
Smartone you'll go to hell for this your god will not forgive you

Bug Ridge

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#62 Jan 4, 2013
The streets of R'wood are in bad need of a serious cleansing !
nothing

Summersville, WV

#63 Jan 30, 2013
Dude people are what they wanna be you can't wake up one morning and decide your bi or lez. So get over this problem and get a life they love who they love. if you don't like it get over it everyone has a option but that doesn't mean use it. btw I'm frands with these people. a sexuality is something and shouldnt ruin a frandship or a family. so get over yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disgusting 24 min 2coo4u 3
Cassie boyle 5 hr craigsvilleeyes 8
More Coalminer Layoffs 10 hr Clinton2016 14
srmc is a joke 11 hr Hot Chocolate 31
donna boggs with nicholas co cps and linda call... (Aug '15) 12 hr the necessary evil 12
Bob Henry Baber Mayor Again? Sat Wondering 107
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) May 26 well 1,287
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richwood Mortgages