LQQking for local preppers

LQQking for local preppers

Posted in the Richwood Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bug Out

United States

#1 Jan 10, 2013
We are looking for other local preppers who have knowledge of survival skills and a bug out location,Looking for people who prepare and are getting ready for times to come.Storing food and water is a must.Being prepared for whatever may come our way is our goal.If you are a survivalist and are preparing for your families future,Please join this conversation,Maybe we can unite and become a stronger force for the days ahead! Only serious citizens should reply!
woof woof
#2 Jan 12, 2013
if u need a skank to have sex with call Tiffany Bragg. everyone elses man survived on her for yrs now.
bugdin

United States

#3 Jan 12, 2013
What ya got in mind bug out?local here near the wood.small stash of water and food.trained in the art of making it work when it really shouldnt.one mans junk is another mans repair kit kinda thing.it would be nice to have a network of like minded folks interested in weathering possible tribulations that may occure in our area.family of 4.if i may start a discussion about the vital role atv trailes may play in any civilizational threat to the area.might i recommend everyone become familiar with their local trails as a they can,either by walking them or riding wichever suits them.find out which ones connect other towns and family and friends
Bug Out

United States

#4 Jan 13, 2013
Bug out meaning a safe place to meet up when SHTF (shit hits the fan)A common place where we can gather as preppers,I have 100 gallons of water stored so far and food to last 6 months for a family of 5,so far.Have tents and med supplies.We have a family of 3.Maybe 6 if son and and family gets their shit together.Looking for a years worth of prep for a group of whom ever will be prepared and join?We are familiar with the trails,However when SHTF the trails is the last place we would want to be.
bugdin

United States

#5 Jan 13, 2013
At some point travel will be necessary.will u instantly bug out or are you also prepared to bug in for a while?i understand the want to stay off of roads,even secondary,but game trailes have proven usefull in the past during similar situations.i intend to bug in for as long as possible.familiar ground is a advantage.
BEAR

United States

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Bug Out wrote:
Bug out meaning a safe place to meet up when SHTF (shit hits the fan)A common place where we can gather as preppers,I have 100 gallons of water stored so far and food to last 6 months for a family of 5,so far.Have tents and med supplies.We have a family of 3.Maybe 6 if son and and family gets their shit together.Looking for a years worth of prep for a group of whom ever will be prepared and join?We are familiar with the trails,However when SHTF the trails is the last place we would want to be.
First rule of Prepping: Do NOT advertise your storage! Sure questions can be asked and some planning for people to see, but keep the big things under the rug. I can answer most questions.....
bugdin

United States

#7 Jan 14, 2013
Bear..whats your opinion of securing travel routes before u need them?what kind,other that present prescriptions should one have.and how much? Due to the accessablitity of clean drinking water in the area could one skimp on water storage.whats ur opinion of non altered seeds? What ailment are u preparing for if any?how often should i use my stored fuel and buy new as i dont use a stabilizer?can you list life experiances that may lend credibility to any answers you give?please dont be offended by last question.
BEAR

United States

#8 Jan 14, 2013
bugdin wrote:
Bear..whats your opinion of securing travel routes before u need them?what kind,other that present prescriptions should one have.and how much? Due to the accessablitity of clean drinking water in the area could one skimp on water storage.whats ur opinion of non altered seeds? What ailment are u preparing for if any?how often should i use my stored fuel and buy new as i dont use a stabilizer?can you list life experiances that may lend credibility to any answers you give?please dont be offended by last question.
I'll give as much input as possible...depending on what event may happen would give a good indication on travel. Here locally, travel probably won't be all that bad, again that depends on the situation. Bugg'n out to a location within a day or so hike, if it comes to that, stay to well covered trails that you have made or known trails using a scout. Stay low and out of sight, stop frequently to look and listen. I carry a good first aid kit with a few meds, nothing extravagant. You should carry an allergy med and Bayer aspirin at min. If you are staying put, store...store...store water, if you're bugg'n take what you can but use water purification. You can boil water, treat with bleach, filters are available, etc. Ailments will happen, prepare for colds and flu, purchase a field Med guide available at Amazon or most book stores. Your fuel storage should be treated especially gasoline, it will start going bad within a few months if not treated with stabil or an equivalent. I'm simply an outdoors man and have practiced my skills many times living a week or so from the fish I caught etc. Do get seeds for growing...just get them.
BEAR

United States

#9 Jan 14, 2013
Also store foods high in protein, iron and carbs. Get beans, rice, chickens and rabbits. If you treat your water with bleach...It has to be regular bleach! Get a pool test kit from Walmart, I believe you mix it to 3ppm if I remember, I will look in my notes and confirm.
Big John

Ridgeview, WV

#10 Jan 14, 2013
Good to know that others are taking the necessary precautions just in case something should happen. I would advise water purification devices. You can travel to water sources if you must abandon your spot. I will also entertain any questions. The better informed we are, the better prepared we will be.
BEAR

United States

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Well I can't find the ppm but it's 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water. Yes water filtration devices are best...
Whattt

Ridgeview, WV

#12 Jan 14, 2013
What are you all preparing for? What are you expecting to happen?
BEAR

United States

#13 Jan 14, 2013
Natural Disaster, Solar Storms, Economic Collapse, Civil War, WWIII, Terrorist Attack, Zombie Apocalypse, whatever it may be... some will be ready and most won't. Watch the news: main stream vs independent, read the papers, the web, study your Bible and call on Jesus. Many make fun but consider it a warning.
Whattt

Ridgeview, WV

#14 Jan 14, 2013
I think just calling on Jesus is the main thing. Why try to live in a world that is destroyed. If it is our time to die we will. Not being smart, just my opinion.
Harry

United States

#15 Jan 14, 2013
You don't get brownie points in heaven for being lazy or uneducated. Everyone should know how to survive.
I'm thinking "God helps those who help themselves"
The warnings

United States

#16 Jan 14, 2013
Even the Ants stored up for what was to come in their future (KJV) Proverbs 30:25. I agree with BEAR 100% watch the news,see the world today and follow your heart with the guidance of God,The warnings are all around us,I am not saying that the world will end and we will all perish tomorrow,next week or next year, or 20 years from now,God says no man knows the day nor the hour,(Not even the Angels in Heaven!)Matthew 24:36(KJV).I believe HARD times are to come for the American people like we have never seen in our lifetime.We as a family are trying to educated our home on a plan of preparedness,So this thread proves to be very informative. Thank you for the tip BEAR.I have been looking into a way to store water for long term and found that 2 liter pop bottles is a good way as long as they are cleaned properly and rotated. Even if things never hit the fan the way the power and water is off here it is a good idea to have a supply on hand and be prepared.Mylar bags is an excellent way to store items you may need (meaning non perishables)keeping your items bug free and light free and oxygen free,making them last much longer than they would if upon a shelf.God Bless you all!
Cool

Summersville, WV

#17 Jan 14, 2013
Very interesting topic.
lol

Spencer, WV

#18 Jan 15, 2013
If you're buying books online, you're already too far behind to prep. Preparation has less to do with what 'might' happen than what you will do when something 'does' happen, and this is a fatal flaw. No one can be 100% assured of success should SHTF, though I applaud those 'most' ready. I can also point out a dozen dead societies who planned for the same events you do, or similarly relevant. Accepting God or the equivalent you relate to is the only successful outcome.
BEAR

United States

#19 Jan 15, 2013
Whattt wrote:
I think just calling on Jesus is the main thing. Why try to live in a world that is destroyed. If it is our time to die we will. Not being smart, just my opinion.
I agree...but the Bible also says a man is to take care and protect his family.
BEAR

United States

#20 Jan 15, 2013
lol wrote:
If you're buying books online, you're already too far behind to prep. Preparation has less to do with what 'might' happen than what you will do when something 'does' happen, and this is a fatal flaw. No one can be 100% assured of success should SHTF, though I applaud those 'most' ready. I can also point out a dozen dead societies who planned for the same events you do, or similarly relevant. Accepting God or the equivalent you relate to is the only successful outcome.
I will protect my family at all cost as God commanded. My faith in God is my success and His will be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica wolfe 1 hr Please 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Meme 4,409
Baber is PTSD 4 hr Solo 10
Lost Oldest Friend? Sun RealMC 18
Free Trip to Hawaii Sun Burl Smith 1
Teachers Sat You are an ignora... 3
Girl at the bar Sat Single man 3

Richwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richwood Mortgages