Wildcat men dismiss Martin from team

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

The Chico State men's basketball team dismissed forward Mike Martin, the school's sports information department announced Wednesday afternoon.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Mar 30, 2014
steve george

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

at what point do we say that puck smith is the problem, not the athletes? the womens program has been able to achieve a high level of success over the past few years, i don't understand why the men can't do the same.
Coach

Manteca, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

Coach Smith demands intensity especially on the defense end of the floor. I enjoy and support his philosophy on basketball, and Mr. Martin will be missed. However, until Chico can attract a more physical and athletic four and five man, this conference will be tough to compete.
mike vignoli

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

martin should have kept his mouth shut and played the game by respecting the coach. When he hits the "real world" and pulls this off with his boss....he will most likely be fired!
Mike Martin

Cairo, Egypt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Wow I look at this post yrs later and smile..:-)

Wat a long way I have come.. Professional ball player currently on country number 6. For the record back then, I was dismissed because justin argenal lied to puck and told him I changed the defensive strategy against his will. Justin later confessed! Oh also that's why a few of my teammates wrote "mm" on their shoes as well. Theres an article about that situation. Nothing against puck, but he was old and stuck in his ways, his time had past. The team was 7-20 the yr before I came. Chico brought 6 transfers including new freshmen and we finished 7-20.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Richvale Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Richvale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••