Wildcat men dismiss Martin from team

Wildcat men dismiss Martin from team

There are 4 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jan 30, 2008, titled Wildcat men dismiss Martin from team. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

The Chico State men's basketball team dismissed forward Mike Martin, the school's sports information department announced Wednesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

steve george

Chico, CA

#1 Jan 30, 2008
at what point do we say that puck smith is the problem, not the athletes? the womens program has been able to achieve a high level of success over the past few years, i don't understand why the men can't do the same.

Manteca, CA

#2 Jan 30, 2008
Coach Smith demands intensity especially on the defense end of the floor. I enjoy and support his philosophy on basketball, and Mr. Martin will be missed. However, until Chico can attract a more physical and athletic four and five man, this conference will be tough to compete.
mike vignoli

Fresno, CA

#3 Jan 31, 2008
martin should have kept his mouth shut and played the game by respecting the coach. When he hits the "real world" and pulls this off with his boss....he will most likely be fired!
Mike Martin

Cairo, Egypt

#4 Mar 30, 2014
Wow I look at this post yrs later and smile..:-)

Wat a long way I have come.. Professional ball player currently on country number 6. For the record back then, I was dismissed because justin argenal lied to puck and told him I changed the defensive strategy against his will. Justin later confessed! Oh also that's why a few of my teammates wrote "mm" on their shoes as well. Theres an article about that situation. Nothing against puck, but he was old and stuck in his ways, his time had past. The team was 7-20 the yr before I came. Chico brought 6 transfers including new freshmen and we finished 7-20.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bible says Women are subserviant to Men! 2 hr fergivin 5
The EvageliKLAN christian CULT Leaders declae T... 2 hr preyOnHim 1
Donald Vlad Trump; American "Job Creator"! 2 hr JobsJobsJobs 1
Clinton Foundation Pays Women Less than Men 2 hr ANONYMOUS 1
What is Donald Trumps favorite TV show? 2 hr SickVlad 1
Will the Women Assaulting Sexual Predator Repub... 2 hr LosinItAll 1
TRUMP'S Partners are Demanding he remove is nam... 4 hr PoisonDon 1

Richvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance