Obama Hypocrisy

Posted in the Richvale Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of229
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Why is it that Obama cries about the wealthy not paying their fair share and wants to raise taxes on all the so called wealthy and yet his effective tax rate in 2012 was 18%? My effective tax rate for 2012 was 30% and I make under $50k. Why is this story ignored by all the left wing types who are so worked up about those making over $250k paying their fair share? Obama as part of the 1% certainly does take advantage of all the tax breaks that he can. If Obama is so concerned with the wealthy paying their fair share the least he could do is forego some deductions or maybe make an extra payment to the government that he supports.
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Obama lives high on our dime
The same president whose re-election campaign savaged Mitt Romney for his effective tax rate of roughly 15 percent, paid a rate of just 18 percent himself in 2012. That's about half last year's top tax rate; Obama reduced his tax burden the same way Romney did, with hefty deductions.

Nothing stopped him from paying the 39.6 percent of income he declared in January is the "fair share" for wealthy folks like he and Michelle.
Obama took the symbolic step of cutting his own pay by 5 percent, and then he went golfing for the 120th time of his presidency. The administration won't say what it costs in transportation and security for each tee-off, but I'd bet it's more than the $74,000 a week needed to keep the White House open for school group tours

Estimates of the price tag for Obama's getaway weekend this winter to an exclusive Florida golf resort, where he played with Tiger Woods, are $1 million or more.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130414/O...
Pooooor thing is LOCO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Local wrote:
Obama lives high on our dime
The same president whose re-election campaign savaged Mitt Romney for his effective tax rate of roughly 15 percent, paid a rate of just 18 percent himself in 2012. That's about half last year's top tax rate; Obama reduced his tax burden the same way Romney did, with hefty deductions.
Nothing stopped him from paying the 39.6 percent of income he declared in January is the "fair share" for wealthy folks like he and Michelle.
Obama took the symbolic step of cutting his own pay by 5 percent, and then he went golfing for the 120th time of his presidency. The administration won't say what it costs in transportation and security for each tee-off, but I'd bet it's more than the $74,000 a week needed to keep the White House open for school group tours
Estimates of the price tag for Obama's getaway weekend this winter to an exclusive Florida golf resort, where he played with Tiger Woods, are $1 million or more.
From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130414/O...
Oh Boy that sure is a FINE WHINE LOCO.
Crickets

Colusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Sam Lowree wrote:
Why is it that Obama cries about the wealthy not paying their fair share and wants to raise taxes on all the so called wealthy and yet his effective tax rate in 2012 was 18%? My effective tax rate for 2012 was 30% and I make under $50k.
That is exactly the problem he wants to fix.

Are you suggesting that he should change his own individual tax rate?????

How would that make sense?

Shouldn't he change the rate for everyone in his tax bracket? Isn't that what he is trying to do?

How, exactly is that hypocritical. He is trying to raise taxes on his own tax bracket.
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Crickets wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly the problem he wants to fix.
Are you suggesting that he should change his own individual tax rate?????
How would that make sense?
Shouldn't he change the rate for everyone in his tax bracket? Isn't that what he is trying to do?
How, exactly is that hypocritical. He is trying to raise taxes on his own tax bracket.
Hey bone head! You ever heard the term... By Example???
You liberals are the epitome of hypocrites!!!
Still LOL at you and nicoliar!
Crickets

Colusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bone head! You ever heard the term... By Example???
You liberals are the epitome of hypocrites!!!
Still LOL at you and nicoliar!
You don't change the tax code for one individual at a time you moron. How would "by example" come into play.

Did you even think about that before you said it?

He wants to change the tax rate for his own tax bracket. How in the world is that hypocritical?

Think.....if you can.
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bone head! You ever heard the term... By Example???
You liberals are the epitome of hypocrites!!!
Still LOL at you and nicoliar!
Lol...nobama says, do as I say not as I do.

There is NO law against paying more tax than you owe, but none of the liberal crowd ever does it.
Nobama has given back a small portion of his taxpayer provided salary, and then spends tens of millions of taxpayer dollars on his extravagant(royal) vacations/golfing trips...and then he has the audacity to close the whitehouse from childrens educational tours.

What a joke.
Crickets

Colusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...nobama says, do as I say not as I do.
There is NO law against paying more tax than you owe, but none of the liberal crowd ever does it.
Nobama has given back a small portion of his taxpayer provided salary, and then spends tens of millions of taxpayer dollars on his extravagant(royal) vacations/golfing trips...and then he has the audacity to close the whitehouse from childrens educational tours.
What a joke.
You have got to be kidding!

He wants to change the tax rate for his tax bracket not somone elses. How in the world do you figure that is "do as I say not as I do".....he is including himself in the group that would get a tax increase........think for christ's sake.

The tax code is UNIFORM. It does not apply to individual people on an individual basis. It applies UNIFORMLY to all people within that particular set of circumstances. This is not rocket science it is common knowledge.....yet you say he is a hypocrite for wanting to raise taxes on the bracket he himself is in......it makes no sense. YOU MAKE NO LOGICAL SENSE.

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Crickets wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly the problem he wants to fix.
Are you suggesting that he should change his own individual tax rate?????
How would that make sense?
Shouldn't he change the rate for everyone in his tax bracket? Isn't that what he is trying to do?
How, exactly is that hypocritical. He is trying to raise taxes on his own tax bracket.
All he would have to do is use less deductions and he could also write a check to the IRS and pay extra taxes. Why does that not make sense when he believes that he should pay more taxes? It can be done but like Buffet and all the rest of the Leftist elites, they talk about raising taxes but they damn well make sure that they don't have to pay any more than they absolutely have to.
Crickets

Colusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
All he would have to do is use less deductions and he could also write a check to the IRS and pay extra taxes. Why does that not make sense when he believes that he should pay more taxes? It can be done but like Buffet and all the rest of the Leftist elites, they talk about raising taxes but they damn well make sure that they don't have to pay any more than they absolutely have to.
Why in the world would he do that?

There wouldn't be much benefit of one or two rich guys like him paying a higher percentage.

The benefit of taxes, since you do not seem to understand, comes from their collective burden. If everyone making such a good living paid a little more the benefit would be tremendous. If a few people do, it is a drop in the bucket and wouldn't accomplish much.

That is why the tax code is UNIFORM. Each rate, and each deduction, etc. is supposed to apply to everyone with that particular set of circumstances, equally, uniformly. We do not handle taxes on an individual case by case basis.

And how in the world can you call him a hypocrite for wanting to raise taxes on HIS OWN tax bracket???

Seriously dude, are you that logically challenged!
Crickets

Colusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

It is funny sam, your first post on this subject complains about the exact problem Obama is trying to fix.

Why should people making millions pay a lower effective rate than somone like you making 50K?

They shouldn't.

Obama is trying to fix that. Why are you bitching at him?
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sam Lowree wrote:
If Obama is so concerned with the wealthy paying their fair share the least he could do is forego some deductions or maybe make an extra payment to the government that he supports.
What a hypocritical viewpoint. I thought you repubs, just like Romney, believe that the most patriotic thing to do is pay as little as possible, and not one cent more.

On the other hand, Obama is for eliminating tax loopholes for the rich-- and that would tax him MORE.

Romney was fighting for zero capital gains taxes, which would have made his tax bill almost zero.
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Crickets wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in the world would he do that?
There wouldn't be much benefit of one or two rich guys like him paying a higher percentage.
The benefit of taxes, since you do not seem to understand, comes from their collective burden. If everyone making such a good living paid a little more the benefit would be tremendous. If a few people do, it is a drop in the bucket and wouldn't accomplish much.
That is why the tax code is UNIFORM. Each rate, and each deduction, etc. is supposed to apply to everyone with that particular set of circumstances, equally, uniformly. We do not handle taxes on an individual case by case basis.
And how in the world can you call him a hypocrite for wanting to raise taxes on HIS OWN tax bracket???
Seriously dude, are you that logically challenged!
You are the poster child of a liberal lemming.
Lemming:
A member of a group following an unthinking course towards mass destruction.
Somebody who will generally do ANYTHING for obama, and they will agree to anything said by obama as well.
They will never disagree nor argue with obama, no matter what.
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Crickets wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in the world would he do that?
There wouldn't be much benefit of one or two rich guys like him paying a higher percentage.
The benefit of taxes, since you do not seem to understand, comes from their collective burden. If everyone making such a good living paid a little more the benefit would be tremendous. If a few people do, it is a drop in the bucket and wouldn't accomplish much.
That is why the tax code is UNIFORM. Each rate, and each deduction, etc. is supposed to apply to everyone with that particular set of circumstances, equally, uniformly. We do not handle taxes on an individual case by case basis.
And how in the world can you call him a hypocrite for wanting to raise taxes on HIS OWN tax bracket???
Seriously dude, are you that logically challenged!
Exactly right. BTW, a majority of the very rich have shown, in pollos, that they supported higher tax rates on themselves. Including, of course, Buffet.

But Sam and his blogosphere always try to divert from the larger topic-- a uniform tax code-- to the silly, "Well, if they want higher taxes just go ahead and pay higher taxes".
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hypocritical viewpoint. I thought you repubs, just like Romney, believe that the most patriotic thing to do is pay as little as possible, and not one cent more.
On the other hand, Obama is for eliminating tax loopholes for the rich-- and that would tax him MORE.
Romney was fighting for zero capital gains taxes, which would have made his tax bill almost zero.
What in the hell does Romney have anything to do with oblamer paying only 18% tax???
I paid 25% in payroll taxes alone! Not including the multitude of other taxes for everything else we do in this life!
That oblamer doesn't pay!

That was a typical weak liberal change the topic attempt, that just failed miserably!

Oblamer is a lying hypocrite, just like all of you liberals!
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

By the way, the Obama's gave 25% of their income to charities:

The Obamas reported donating about one-quarter of their income $150,034 to 33 different charities, including the Fisher House Foundation, which provides temporary housing for the families of wounded veterans.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-04-12...

So they gave a total of 43% to taxes and charities.
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

And, Sam, I'm surprised that you paid an effective rate of 30% on your income of under 50K. In fact, it's impossible.

Maybe you're just giving more than you should because you're such a good guy.

Your first $17,4000 of income is taxed at 10%. The rest of your income is taxed at 15%. Your paying 13.26% on 50K.

And that's only if you had NO deductions for mortgage interest, health insurance and costs, and so on.

My, you'd better get a CPA next time.
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the hell does Romney have anything to do with oblamer paying only 18% tax???
Because he's the guy you nutcases wanted to be president.
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<I paid 25% in payroll taxes alone! Not including the multitude of other taxes for everything else we do in this life!
You didn't pay 25% in payroll taxes.
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he's the guy you nutcases wanted to be president.
<quoted text>
You didn't pay 25% in payroll taxes.
Yes I did to pay 25% in payroll taxes, just over $15,000.
Do you even have a clue what you paid? Or are you one of those who just doesn't pay attention to what the Govt. steals from you in with holding taxes?

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Tea Party Solution wrote:
And, Sam, I'm surprised that you paid an effective rate of 30% on your income of under 50K. In fact, it's impossible.
Maybe you're just giving more than you should because you're such a good guy.
Your first $17,4000 of income is taxed at 10%. The rest of your income is taxed at 15%. Your paying 13.26% on 50K.
And that's only if you had NO deductions for mortgage interest, health insurance and costs, and so on.
My, you'd better get a CPA next time.
Have you ever heard of self employment tax? I have to pay all my SSI and Medicare deductions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of229
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Warning for Butte County was issued at July 10 at 12:42PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Richvale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Richvale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Richvale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richvale
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••