Your dining preferences in Butte coun...
Juan

Chico, CA

#89 Sep 20, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
That's what you get for going to an italian restaurant to eat clam chowder, I am surprised you did not order Sushi or Tacos....
For good clam chowder you either go to SF or The Fish Market in Santa Clara...
Like I said we were influenced by their advertised "special" which wasn't so special. Get it ?
Hotdogger

Sloughhouse, CA

#90 Sep 20, 2013
How about those ZOT's??????

Can anyone tell me who has the best and hottest chili-dog in Chico??? Love the heat going in and coming out; don't you? It's a real blast (get it?).

Chico's really got the greatest food; everyone agrees.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#91 Sep 20, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said we were influenced by their advertised "special" which wasn't so special. Get it ?
>
>
All I can say is that I would not be tempted by an offer of a Tamales "special" from a Chinese restaurant...
Juan

United States

#92 Sep 20, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
All I can say is that I would not be tempted by an offer of a Tamales "special" from a Chinese restaurant...
Umberto's Clam House is an Italian seafood restaurant located at 132 Mulberry Street in Little Italy in Manhattan ,(two blocks north of its original site).[1 Umberto's became known for its "tasty dishes of calamari, scungilli, and mussels", but initially became prominent, weeks after opening, for being the site of "one of the more sensational Mafia murders in New York City in recent history". The restaurant was founded and is owned by members of the Ianniello family.
Spaghetti alle vongole (Italian for spaghetti with clams) is a dish that's is very popular throughout Italy, especially its central regions, including Rome and further south in Campagna (where it is part of traditional Neapolitan cuisine).
Juan

United States

#93 Sep 20, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
That's what you get for going to an italian restaurant to eat clam chowder, I am surprised you did not order Sushi or Tacos....
For good clam chowder you either go to SF or The Fish Market in Santa Clara...
The first known Italian food writer was a Greek Sicilian named Archestratus from Syracuse in the 4th century BCE. He wrote a poem that spoke of using "top quality and seasonal" ingredients. He said that flavors should not be masked by spices, herbs or other seasonings. He placed importance on simple preparation of fish. This style seemed to be forgotten during the 1st century CE when De re coquinaria was published with 470 recipes calling for heavy use of spices and herbs.
Juan

United States

#94 Sep 20, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Damn rights they are subject to all the health regulations and inspections, just like any other eating establishment.
A KCRA 3 investigation has found food trucks are not held to the same standards as brick and mortar restaurants according to the health department

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/video/30996625/detail.htm ...
Steve

United States

#95 Sep 20, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
That's what you get for going to an italian restaurant to eat clam chowder, I am surprised you did not order Sushi or Tacos....
For good clam chowder you either go to SF or The Fish Market in Santa Clara...
Including islands, Italy has a coastline of 4,700 mi on the Adriatic Sea, Ionian Sea, Tyrrhenian Sea, Ligurian Sea, Sea of Sardinia and Strait of Sicily, and according to grandpa seafood is not on the menu.
Gpa knows fine dining

Redding, CA

#96 Sep 20, 2013
Please don't take grandmas recommendation for dining.
He thinks fine dining is a chilled ensure with mashed potatoes followed by a Metamucil brûlée.
The only way he knows he's done is when the staff change his depends.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#97 Sep 20, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Including islands, Italy has a coastline of 4,700 mi on the Adriatic Sea, Ionian Sea, Tyrrhenian Sea, Ligurian Sea, Sea of Sardinia and Strait of Sicily, and according to grandpa seafood is not on the menu.
>
>
That's all very interesting JUAN and STEVE and I still would not order clam chowder in an Italian restaurant anymore than I would order sushi in an Italian restaurant...

it would be kinda like going to a chinese restaurant and ordering a cheeseburger and onion rings...
Food Critic

United States

#98 Sep 20, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
That's all very interesting JUAN and STEVE and I still would not order clam chowder in an Italian restaurant anymore than I would order sushi in an Italian restaurant...
it would be kinda like going to a chinese restaurant and ordering a cheeseburger and onion rings...
An Italian restaurant offering clam chowder as a "special" speaks for itself.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#99 Sep 21, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
That's what you get for going to an italian restaurant to eat clam chowder, I am surprised you did not order Sushi or Tacos....

For good clam chowder you either go to SF or The Fish Market in Santa Clara...
Our village liar proves how stupid he is again

Sardinia (for morons that is in Italy) is famous for its clam chowder
Made with fresh vegetables clams and tomatoes..........
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#100 Sep 21, 2013
Food Critic wrote:
<quoted text>An Italian restaurant offering clam chowder as a "special" speaks for itself.
>
>
Many businesses count on the gullibility of their customers, that's why real advertisement is a science...
Juan

Chico, CA

#101 Sep 21, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Many businesses count on the gullibility of their customers, that's why real advertisement is a science...
False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying.

False advertising, in the most blatant of contexts, is illegal in most countries. However, advertisers still find ways to deceive consumers in ways that are legal, or technically illegal but unenforceable.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#102 Sep 21, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
Many businesses count on the gullibility of their customers, that's why real advertisement is a science...
Yes there are always plenty of liberals that believe fat gore and any other add they see
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#103 Sep 21, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying.
False advertising, in the most blatant of contexts, is illegal in most countries. However, advertisers still find ways to deceive consumers in ways that are legal, or technically illegal but unenforceable.
>
>
A lot of advertisement is subliminal in nature to the point that the intended targets are not even aware they are being advertised to, in fact it is said that the most effective advertisements are the ones the people don't even notice...

Someone wakes up one day thinking they need a Hummer, or an F350, you know darn wells that somewhere along the way the idea was implanted in their heads by an advertisement...

Clever uses of music , colors, lighting effects etc also have an influencing effect upon potential customers... When was the last time you got a hamburger, a pizza or (a bowl of clam chowder) that looked as good and appetizing as the one you saw on a billboard or a magazine advertisement...???
Steve

Chico, CA

#104 Sep 21, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
A lot of advertisement is subliminal in nature to the point that the intended targets are not even aware they are being advertised to, in fact it is said that the most effective advertisements are the ones the people don't even notice...
Someone wakes up one day thinking they need a Hummer, or an F350, you know darn wells that somewhere along the way the idea was implanted in their heads by an advertisement...
Clever uses of music , colors, lighting effects etc also have an influencing effect upon potential customers... When was the last time you got a hamburger, a pizza or (a bowl of clam chowder) that looked as good and appetizing as the one you saw on a billboard or a magazine advertisement...???
Duh, tell us something we don't know numnuts.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#105 Sep 21, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh, tell us something we don't know numnuts.
>
>
Rush Limbaugh, Fox and Co use the same tactics to brainwash all you T baggers....
Dictionary

Chico, CA

#106 Sep 21, 2013
Brainwash: to effect a radical change in the ideas and beliefs of (a person), esp by methods based on isolation, sleeplessness, hunger, extreme discomfort, pain, and the alternation of kindness and cruelty

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#107 Sep 21, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
Rush Limbaugh, Fox and Co use the same tactics to brainwash all you T baggers....
What did fat gore do to get you to believe that you should walk to work when he drives around with ten SUV's
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#108 Sep 21, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh, tell us something we don't know numnuts.
lololol
The sad fact is that the dopey ole socialist pos goes about his life thinking that everyone is as much of a moron as he is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Missing 3 Stooges 19 min Grandpa is GONE 1
Baby Buffalo Euthanized 9 hr Lock n Load 3
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 72,026
hospital 18 hr curiosity 1
Grandpa Nicholai aka Bob mulholland freaking ou... 20 hr ANONYMOUS 2
Liberals Caused The Recession 23 hr Sunlight Disinfects 2
chico doctors 23 hr location 112
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richvale Mortgages