U.S. oil boom leaves OPEC sidelined f...

U.S. oil boom leaves OPEC sidelined from demand growth.

Posted in the Richvale Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Toad Roady

Sacramento, CA

#1 May 14, 2013
Wow! Imagine that! And itís happening under Obamaís watch

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.as...
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Paradise, CA

#2 May 14, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
Wow! Imagine that! And itís happening under Obamaís watch
http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.as...
>
>
Don't worry, the right wing nuts will figure out a way to give Bush.W the credit....

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#4 May 14, 2013
Yes, it did happen during Obama's failed presidency but Obama has nothing to do with the success of oil and gas industry in ND or Texas.

"Wind farms in this corner of Wyoming have killed more than four dozen golden eagles since 2009, one of the deadliest places in the country of its kind.

But so far, the companies operating industrial-sized turbines here and elsewhere that are killing eagles and other protected birds have yet to be fined or prosecuted - even though every death is a criminal violation.

The Obama administration has charged oil companies for drowning birds in their waste pits, and power companies for electrocuting birds on power lines.

But the administration has never fined or prosecuted a wind-energy company, even those that flout the law repeatedly.

"What it boils down to is this: If you electrocute an eagle, that is bad, but if you chop it to pieces, that is OK," said Tim Eicher, a former U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service enforcement agent based in Cody.

More than 573,000 birds are killed by the country's wind farms each year, including 83,000 hunting birds such as hawks, falcons and eagles, according to an estimate published in March in the peer-reviewed Wildlife Society Bulletin.

Getting precise figures is impossible because many companies aren't required to disclose how many birds they kill. And when they do, experts say, the data can be unreliable.

When companies voluntarily report deaths, the Obama administration in many cases refuses to make the information public, saying it belongs to the energy companies or that revealing it would expose trade secrets or implicate ongoing enforcement investigations.

Nearly all the birds being killed are protected under federal environmental laws, which prosecutors have used to generate tens of millions of dollars in fines and settlements from businesses, including oil and gas companies, over the past five years.

"We are all responsible for protecting our wildlife, even the largest of corporations," Colorado U.S. Attorney David M. Gaouette said in 2009 when announcing Exxon Mobil had pleaded guilty and would pay $600,000 for killing 85 birds in five states, including Wyoming.

The large death toll at wind farms shows how the renewable energy rush comes with its own environmental consequences, trade-offs the Obama administration is willing to make in the name of cleaner energy.

"It is the rationale that we have to get off of carbon, we have to get off of fossil fuels, that allows them to justify this," said Tom Dougherty, a long-time environmentalist who worked for nearly 20 years for the National Wildlife Federation in the West, until his retirement in 2008. "But at what cost? In this case, the cost is too high."

The Obama administration has refused to accept that cost when the fossil-fuel industry is to blame. The BP oil company was fined $100 million for killing and harming migratory birds during the 2010 Gulf oil spill. And PacifiCorp, which operates coal plants in Wyoming, paid more than $10.5 million in 2009 for electrocuting 232 eagles along power lines and at its substations."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#5 May 15, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
Yes, it did happen during Obama's failed presidency but Obama has nothing to do with the success of oil and gas industry in ND or Texas.
"Wind farms in this corner of Wyoming have killed more than four dozen golden eagles since 2009, one of the deadliest places in the country of its kind.
But so far, the companies operating industrial-sized turbines here and elsewhere that are killing eagles and other protected birds have yet to be fined or prosecuted - even though every death is a criminal violation.
The Obama administration has charged oil companies for drowning birds in their waste pits, and power companies for electrocuting birds on power lines.
But the administration has never fined or prosecuted a wind-energy company, even those that flout the law repeatedly.
"What it boils down to is this: If you electrocute an eagle, that is bad, but if you chop it to pieces, that is OK," said Tim Eicher, a former U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service enforcement agent based in Cody.
More than 573,000 birds are killed by the country's wind farms each year, including 83,000 hunting birds such as hawks, falcons and eagles, according to an estimate published in March in the peer-reviewed Wildlife Society Bulletin.
Getting precise figures is impossible because many companies aren't required to disclose how many birds they kill. And when they do, experts say, the data can be unreliable.
When companies voluntarily report deaths, the Obama administration in many cases refuses to make the information public, saying it belongs to the energy companies or that revealing it would expose trade secrets or implicate ongoing enforcement investigations.
Nearly all the birds being killed are protected under federal environmental laws, which prosecutors have used to generate tens of millions of dollars in fines and settlements from businesses, including oil and gas companies, over the past five years.
"We are all responsible for protecting our wildlife, even the largest of corporations," Colorado U.S. Attorney David M. Gaouette said in 2009 when announcing Exxon Mobil had pleaded guilty and would pay $600,000 for killing 85 birds in five states, including Wyoming.
The large death toll at wind farms shows how the renewable energy rush comes with its own environmental consequences, trade-offs the Obama administration is willing to make in the name of cleaner energy.
"It is the rationale that we have to get off of carbon, we have to get off of fossil fuels, that allows them to justify this," said Tom Dougherty, a long-time environmentalist who worked for nearly 20 years for the National Wildlife Federation in the West, until his retirement in 2008. "But at what cost? In this case, the cost is too high."
The Obama administration has refused to accept that cost when the fossil-fuel industry is to blame. The BP oil company was fined $100 million for killing and harming migratory birds during the 2010 Gulf oil spill. And PacifiCorp, which operates coal plants in Wyoming, paid more than $10.5 million in 2009 for electrocuting 232 eagles along power lines and at its substations."
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
Ohhhhhhh, I get it sam. If anything goes wrong in the world while Obama is in office it's his fault butt bush wasn't responsible for everything that went wrong on his watch.

Yep, you're a repubican.
Where is One

Citrus Heights, CA

#6 May 15, 2013
Maybe that is what drove the One/s away, too much Obama success? Along with oil production, there is a positive jobs report and the debt seems to be shrinking faster than anticipated....still a long ways to go.

That's it, they can't take the Obama heat!! Plus Topix took away their name.
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

#7 May 15, 2013
So Sam's source is NPR...

That's the supposedly far-left public radio that tea partiers want to quit funding. We'll never see such open minded reporting from Limbaugh or Beck or Breitbart or Fox News.

Chico, CA

#8 May 15, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhhhhh, I get it sam. If anything goes wrong in the world while Obama is in office it's his fault butt bush wasn't responsible for everything that went wrong on his watch.
Yep, you're a repubican.
Is that what I said? You Lefties are so quick to jump to the defense of your savior. Lighten up a little.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Paradise, CA

#9 May 15, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
That's the supposedly far-left public radio that tea partiers want to quit funding. We'll never see such open minded reporting from Limbaugh or Beck or Breitbart or Fox News.
>
>
Intellectual dishonesty allows conservatives to shamelessly embrace any source that intentionally or unwittingly discredits President OBAMA and liberals in general, and that in itself is every conservative's raison the vivre....

Chico, CA

#10 May 16, 2013
How would you know? Unless you actually listen to conservatives on a regular basis you would not know what kind of reporting they do. Your most likely source for your view on conservatives comes from your Leftist sources. Talk about being unbiased. Tu quo que.

What you Lefties may not realize is that conservatives listen to Left wing media, we have no choice. All the major networks and news sources are controlled by the Left therefore all the newscasts etc., that you listen to are biased left. Conservatives for the most part are much better informed than most of you Lefties. When was the last time you listened to Rush, Dennis Miller, Dennis Prager, O'Reilly, regularly? Tuning in for a few minutes now and again will not give you the the true nature of conservative media.
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#11 May 16, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what I said? You Lefties are so quick to jump to the defense of your savior. Lighten up a little.
That's what you do sam. You and the rest of the right -wing lemmings who frequent this forum.

Oh, and I listen to the talking heads on the right (kfbk) just as much as I do the nmainstream media. I also read IBD whos commentary/opinion articles are 180 degrees out of sinc with the news articles in the same paper.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Paradise, CA

#12 May 16, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know? Unless you actually listen to conservatives on a regular basis you would not know what kind of reporting they do. Your most likely source for your view on conservatives comes from your Leftist sources. Talk about being unbiased. Tu quo que.
What you Lefties may not realize is that conservatives listen to Left wing media, we have no choice. All the major networks and news sources are controlled by the Left therefore all the newscasts etc., that you listen to are biased left. Conservatives for the most part are much better informed than most of you Lefties. When was the last time you listened to Rush, Dennis Miller, Dennis Prager, O'Reilly, regularly? Tuning in for a few minutes now and again will not give you the the true nature of conservative media.
>
>
Get out of here, SAM!

If all the major networks and news sources were controlled by liberals, like you have been duped into believing, then the media would never have hounded Clinton , it would not have given a free pass to Bush .W for all his malfeasance and it would not be on President OBAMA's back today...

Furthermore, if conservatives were indeed "listening" to the liberal media like you claim, then all you right wing nuts would be talking sense instead of constantly regurgitating stale Rush and O'Reilly diatribes...
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Paradise, CA

#13 May 16, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you do sam. You and the rest of the right -wing lemmings who frequent this forum.
Oh, and I listen to the talking heads on the right (kfbk) just as much as I do the nmainstream media. I also read IBD whos commentary/opinion articles are 180 degrees out of sinc with the news articles in the same paper.
>
>
Did you notice that with all this "oil boom" going on that the price of gasoline is still well over $4 bucks a gallon...?

It's funny, but now that the oil companies are raking in money hands over foot, the conservatives do not seem to be blaming the high price of gasoline on President OBAMA, in fact they do not mention the high price gasoline at all....

Did Rush Limbaugh stop his harangues on the high price of gasoline now that his Exxon shares are going up...???
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#14 May 16, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Did you notice that with all this "oil boom" going on that the price of gasoline is still well over $4 bucks a gallon...?
It's funny, but now that the oil companies are raking in money hands over foot, the conservatives do not seem to be blaming the high price of gasoline on President OBAMA, in fact they do not mention the high price gasoline at all....
Did Rush Limbaugh stop his harangues on the high price of gasoline now that his Exxon shares are going up...???
Speaking of price fixing! I just read an article about that very thing!

Chico, CA

#15 May 16, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny, that since the story I posted is from NPR you Lefties aren't trying to discredit the source or the story yet when I posted similar stories on other threads but from conservative sites all you Lefties screamed about the source. Hypocrites.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Paradise, CA

#16 May 17, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny, that since the story I posted is from NPR you Lefties aren't trying to discredit the source or the story yet when I posted similar stories on other threads but from conservative sites all you Lefties screamed about the source. Hypocrites.
>
>
And of course you right wing nuts never discredited a story or article just because the quoted source was from the Daily Koss, Huffington or even Wilkepedia. Hypocrites...
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

#17 May 17, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't credit nor discredit the story itself. I pointed out that a supposedly left-wing source printed a negative story about wind mills.

When has a right-wing source printed anything positive about Obama and the dems? When has any right-wing source railed on about the abuses of fossil energy companies?

BTW, studies have shown that listeners to NPR are more knowledgeable about actual facts than the audiences of ALL other media outlets. Fox News viewers are the LEAST knowlegeable.

Chico, CA

#18 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I didn't credit nor discredit the story itself. I pointed out that a supposedly left-wing source printed a negative story about wind mills.
But you would have had it been from a conservative source.

The poor birds are taking a beating from wind mills and now it seems people are too.

"Next week, voters in Falmouth, Massachusetts decide whether to spend $14 million to tear down two wind turbines - or turbines if you prefer. The Cape Cod town installed these turbines just three years ago in an effort to produce renewable energy and cut costs. Nearby residents says the turbines are a health hazard and that the only cure is to take them down.

But neighbors typically don't object to the whoosh-whoosh sound of the turbines. Rather they talk about something called infrasound, a low-frequency sound that's controversial and not well understood. Selectman Doug Jones explains it has a vibration or sound pressure that gets reflected off the turbine itself and towards the homes."
http://www.npr.org/2013/05/17/184700636/cape-...

It does appear that the unheard low level frequencies are making people ill. I do recall a class discussion in transmission frequencies where some of the very low frequencies that submarines use(below 300 hz) to transmit on can make people ill. Due to the power and long wave length those frequencies can actually vibrate your internal organs. At rock concert, race track or movie theater you can feel the low frequencies generated say by a subwoofer in your chest. Imagine that in the range that is not audible. The lower the frequency the longer the wavelength.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Paradise, CA

#19 May 18, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
But you would have had it been from a conservative source.
The poor birds are taking a beating from wind mills and now it seems people are too.
"
>
>
Oh My!

When did the conservatives take up the cause of "the poor birds...?"

(are you also concerned about the spotted owl, meadow foam and the redwood trees...???)_

Seems like it was not too long ago that right wing nuts were objecting to the DDT ban after it was established said chemical was contaminating the food chain and killing such raptors as the red-tailed hawk and doing only God nows what harm to humans....

BTW, infrasound weapons have been around since around the 1950's and it is generally accepted that infrasound does not become problematic until it reaches levels of 170 to 190 Db, windmills don't come even close to those levels...
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#20 May 21, 2013
I just did a run to SO CAL and while there I visited for a couple of hours with an old oil field worker I've known for years. He said that among other things, the oil patch is not pumping as much oil because the product coming out of the midwest shale is cheaper and not as labor intensive as re-working older wells.

He went on to say that gas/diesel prices are up because there's a monopoly, not because of any shortage!
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Paradise, CA

#21 May 21, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
I just did a run to SO CAL and while there I visited for a couple of hours with an old oil field worker I've known for years. He said that among other things, the oil patch is not pumping as much oil because the product coming out of the midwest shale is cheaper and not as labor intensive as re-working older wells.
He went on to say that gas/diesel prices are up because there's a monopoly, not because of any shortage!
>
>
You should have stopped by PV and said Hi to HERE IS ONE...

The oil companies always contrived gasoline shortages, but don't tell the T baggers that because they want to blame president OBAMA for the price of gasoline...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America, a plutocratic country 1 hr Middle of the road 45
Why are there so many rules? 1 hr Local 6
Middle of the Road: sexual deviant? 1 hr Local 7
BOEING CEO Set to Receive $ 3.9 Million Per Yea... 2 hr Middle of the road 42
How Many Threads 3 hr grandma nicolai 4
Faux Global Warming (Nov '14) 3 hr Middle of the road 851
Another Obama Democrat Congressmen Indicted For... 4 hr Middle of the road 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richvale Mortgages