Sarah Palin weighs in on 'Duck Dynast...

Sarah Palin weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay controversy

Posted in the Richvale Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Not a hypocrite

Sacramento, CA

#1 Dec 20, 2013
Wow! Wasn’t it sara palin who screamed bloody murder when someone exercised the First Amendment free speech right and called her kid retarded?

And wasn’t it the right –wing Christian freaks who stood in solidarity with the owner of chick –fillet who refused to hire gay people!

More proof that the right wants their own set of rules.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx...
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

#2 Dec 20, 2013
Right-wing media-- Limbaugh, Fox, Beck, et al-- are going nuts about. the suspension of Daddy Duck.
A & E suspended him for his extremist comments comparing gays to bestiality in his magazine interview. He also showed his moronic right-wing credentials by declaring that blacks were happier before the Civil Rights Act, because he supposedly saw them laughing and singing while picking cotton.

His viewpoints, stupid and ridiculous, mean and bigoted, actually reflect perfectly the viewpoints of many Tbaggers. Nothing new.

But Palin, Hannity, and all the rest scream that it's censorship to lay-off Papa Duck for his comments. Which again shows how stupid they are.

Because he is free to spout his ignorance and bigotry whenever he wants. The government didn't suspend him from is job-- his employer did. A & E made a business decision-- they figured that the ole Duck's comments could harm their relationship with their advertisers.

It's called free enterprise. I thought that right-wing extremists were all about free enterprise. Censorship, on the other hand, is when the government stops freedom of speech. The government had nothing to do with this.

And personally, I wish that A & E wouldn't have suspended him. It's good for all of us to see what the righties really think.

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#3 Dec 20, 2013
Not a hypocrite wrote:
Wow! Wasn’t it sara palin who screamed bloody murder when someone exercised the First Amendment free speech right and called her kid retarded?
And wasn’t it the right –wing Christian freaks who stood in solidarity with the owner of chick –fillet who refused to hire gay people!
More proof that the right wants their own set of rules.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx...
I must have missed the story about Chick Fil A not hiring gays. When did that occur.

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#4 Dec 20, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
Right-wing media-- Limbaugh, Fox, Beck, et al-- are going nuts about. the suspension of Daddy Duck.
A & E suspended him for his extremist comments comparing gays to bestiality in his magazine interview. He also showed his moronic right-wing credentials by declaring that blacks were happier before the Civil Rights Act, because he supposedly saw them laughing and singing while picking cotton.
His viewpoints, stupid and ridiculous, mean and bigoted, actually reflect perfectly the viewpoints of many Tbaggers. Nothing new.
But Palin, Hannity, and all the rest scream that it's censorship to lay-off Papa Duck for his comments. Which again shows how stupid they are.
Because he is free to spout his ignorance and bigotry whenever he wants. The government didn't suspend him from is job-- his employer did. A & E made a business decision-- they figured that the ole Duck's comments could harm their relationship with their advertisers.
It's called free enterprise. I thought that right-wing extremists were all about free enterprise. Censorship, on the other hand, is when the government stops freedom of speech. The government had nothing to do with this.
And personally, I wish that A & E wouldn't have suspended him. It's good for all of us to see what the righties really think.
First off Phil Robertson didn't compare homosexual behaviour to that of bestiality. He listed a number of sins, homosexuality and bestiality being among them.

I do not agree with a lot of what Robertson said. I am more in line with the Pope when he stated that he won't judge homosexuals for their behavior, as long as they follow Christ what can he say.

Robertson didn't make his comments while filming the show at AE nor did he make the comments while representing AE in any way. He is free to make his comments and AE is free to let him go. Did AE really respond to protect their business interests or because of political pressure?
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

#5 Dec 20, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
First off Phil Robertson didn't compare homosexual behaviour to that of bestiality. He listed a number of sins, homosexuality and bestiality being among them
.

Same basic thing. He lumped bestiality and homosexuality together.
Sam Lowree wrote:
< Did AE really respond to protect their business interests or because of political pressure?
Political pressure from whom?
Local

Lucerne, CA

#6 Dec 20, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
Right-wing media-- Limbaugh, Fox, Beck, et al-- are going nuts about. the suspension of Daddy Duck.
A & E suspended him for his extremist comments comparing gays to bestiality in his magazine interview. He also showed his moronic right-wing credentials by declaring that blacks were happier before the Civil Rights Act, because he supposedly saw them laughing and singing while picking cotton.
His viewpoints, stupid and ridiculous, mean and bigoted, actually reflect perfectly the viewpoints of many Tbaggers. Nothing new.
But Palin, Hannity, and all the rest scream that it's censorship to lay-off Papa Duck for his comments. Which again shows how stupid they are.
Because he is free to spout his ignorance and bigotry whenever he wants. The government didn't suspend him from is job-- his employer did. A & E made a business decision-- they figured that the ole Duck's comments could harm their relationship with their advertisers.
It's called free enterprise. I thought that right-wing extremists were all about free enterprise. Censorship, on the other hand, is when the government stops freedom of speech. The government had nothing to do with this.
And personally, I wish that A & E wouldn't have suspended him. It's good for all of us to see what the righties really think.
Settle down there lil teepee.
GQ interviewed a self professed Christian,Louisiana, backwoods, biker type, Duck hunter and they expected.....what? A politically correct gay dude from west L.A.?
The Robertsons have been made famous because of their reality show (Duck Dynasty) which has very artfully displayed this who this family is, and what they are all about.,.
Only a moron would interview this guy and expect to hear politically correct dialogue.
Now, lil teepee......be honest.....are you really surprised?
I was more surprised by the response posted by the gay guys from storage wars.....and I quote......"a man's anus is tighter than a vagina".
Since I am sure that you are well versed in male anus vrs. vagina, perhaps you could shed some light on that beastly subject for us ignorant politically incorrect straight folks?
Thank you in advance.

p.s. please.....not too much info.

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#7 Dec 20, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
.
Same basic thing. He lumped bestiality and homosexuality together.
The above statement merely shows your lack of reading comprehension or your willingness to misunderstand what was said. Robertson also said that fornication was sinful so to follow your logic he was equating fornication with bestiality, which he did not do. Robertson also stated that it was not for man to judge but we are to love one another as our selves.
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Political pressure from whom?
GLAAD or who ever else was protesting.

It seems strange that you people get so worked up over the personal opinion of a duck hunter who intends no harm to anyone yet say nothing when the Muslims in the Middle East are hanging homosexuals in public.

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#8 Dec 20, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Settle down there lil teepee.
GQ interviewed a self professed Christian,Louisiana, backwoods, biker type, Duck hunter and they expected.....what? A politically correct gay dude from west L.A.?
The Robertsons have been made famous because of their reality show (Duck Dynasty) which has very artfully displayed this who this family is, and what they are all about.,.
Only a moron would interview this guy and expect to hear politically correct dialogue.
Now, lil teepee......be honest.....are you really surprised?
I was more surprised by the response posted by the gay guys from storage wars.....and I quote......"a man's anus is tighter than a vagina".
Since I am sure that you are well versed in male anus vrs. vagina, perhaps you could shed some light on that beastly subject for us ignorant politically incorrect straight folks?
Thank you in advance.
p.s. please.....not too much info.
GQ was looking for something to try and hang Robertson out to dry with. They may think that they have succeeded but Robertson may be getting the last laugh. He has garnered a lot of attention. There are a lot of gays who have stated that Robertson is well within his rights to express his opinion.
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

#9 Dec 21, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
The above statement merely shows your lack of reading comprehension or your willingness to misunderstand what was said. Robertson also said that fornication was sinful so to follow your logic he was equating fornication with bestiality, which he did not do..
Your above statement shows your lack of reading comprehension. Robertson said, "Everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong ... Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behaviour and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

Since you can't understand what you read, let's break this down for you. He starts his list of sins with homosexuality, and said that the sins MORPH OUT FROM THERE. So sins-- based on what he said-- start with homosexuality, and morphs out from there. And he lists bestiality first, as one of the sins that morphs (grows) out from homosexuality.
Sam Lowree wrote:
< Robertson also stated that it was not for man to judge but we are to love one another as our selves..
Right, so first he absolutely judges, and then he says that we shouldn't judge. Confusing and hypocritical.
Sam Lowree wrote:
<GLAAD or who ever else was protesting..
GLAAD responded to his comments which is THEIR free speech right. And it's the right of A & E to suspend one of their employees if they want. It's called free-enterprise. Personally, I thought it was silly for the network to suspend Papa Duck. I suspect that most of that show's viewers agree with what he said. But maybe some execs at A & E have principles, and decided that he went too far.
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

#10 Dec 21, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
GQ interviewed a self professed Christian,Louisiana, backwoods, biker type, Duck hunter and they expected.....what? A politically correct gay dude from west L.A.?
And it wasn't GQ who layed-off Robertson. They probably loved what he said-- they're certainly going to sell a lot more magazines. Your point is pointless.
Local wrote:
<The Robertsons have been made famous because of their reality show (Duck Dynasty) which has very artfully displayed this who this family is, and what they are all about.,.
Only a moron would interview this guy and expect to hear politically correct dialogue.
Now, lil teepee......be honest.....are you really surprised?
I never said that I was surprised. And who says that the interviewer expected to hear sane dialog?
Local wrote:
<Since I am sure that you are well versed in male anus vrs. vagina, perhaps you could shed some light on that beastly subject for us ignorant politically incorrect straight folks?
Since I post in these Topix I'm certainly aware of as*holes like you.
Get Right or Get Left

Nevada City, CA

#11 Dec 21, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>

Since you can't understand what you read, let's break this down for you. He starts his list of sins with homosexuality, and said that the sins MORPH OUT FROM THERE. So sins-- based on what he said-- start with homosexuality, and morphs out from there. And he lists bestiality first, as one of the sins that morphs (grows) out from homosexuality.
<quoted text>
Talk about grasping for straws!?!?!? LOL at you.
You are drowning!
Anything you always pissed off regressives can find, that can piss you off? It very strangely seems to make you happy???
What a miserable life to live!
Get Right or Get Left

Nevada City, CA

#12 Dec 21, 2013
And on top of that tee pee, I bet that you are one of those pissed off all the time, hypocrite regressives who has one of those "TOLERANCE" decals on the back of your ugly pwius!
ROTFLMO

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#13 Dec 21, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Your above statement shows your lack of reading comprehension. Robertson said, "Everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong ... Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behaviour and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."
Yes, and then:“Then he paraphrases Corinthians:“Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/20...

You see he makes a list of many sins, some of those which he admits that he was guilty of. So logically, if as you claim he is equating homosexuality with bestiality, and he lists many of the sins that he was guilty of in with bestiality and homosexuality he is including himself in that equation.
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, so first he absolutely judges, and then he says that we shouldn't judge. Confusing and hypocritical.
Not in the least, he lists behaviors that the Bible says are sins. He judged no person, he has stated as such.
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
GLAAD responded to his comments which is THEIR free speech right. And it's the right of A & E to suspend one of their employees if they want. It's called free-enterprise. Personally, I thought it was silly for the network to suspend Papa Duck. I suspect that most of that show's viewers agree with what he said. But maybe some execs at A & E have principles, and decided that he went too far.
GLAAD can respond to anyone they like. As can Robertson, as can AE. It seems kind of odd that Robertson has made the same types of remarks in the past and yet AE decided to keep paying him and making a lot of money from the show. AE is going to be airing the Duck Dynasty marathon on Christmas day and I am sure that they are going to be making a lot of money from the advertisers during the marathon. It seems AE’s outrage only goes so far.

Robertson also said,“You put in your article that the Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off. We ought to just be repentant, turn to God, and let’s get on with it, and everything will turn around.”

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/20...

Like him or not he sure has got the country stirred up talking about Christianity.
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

#14 Dec 22, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and then:“Then he paraphrases Corinthians:“Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”
You see he makes a list of many sins, some of those which he admits that he was guilty of. So logically, if as you claim he is equating homosexuality with bestiality, and he lists many of the sins that he was guilty of in with bestiality and homosexuality he is including himself in that equation.
Ahh, so this icon of yours practices bestiality. What a sick joke to make this guy your hero.

<quoted text>
Sam Lowree wrote:
<Not in the least, he lists behaviors that the Bible says are sins. He judged no person, he has stated as such.
He's judging people through the device of using the Bible. Like so many of you Tbaggers.

<quoted text>
Sam Lowree wrote:
<It seems AE’s outrage only goes so far/QUOTE]

Yeah, you first said that GQ was out to get him, and that A&E treated him unfairly. Now you're saying that they'll probably get a lot more viewers for their Christmas marathon. So this wasn't a liberal conspiracy against him-- it was a shrewd business decision!
.
[QUOTE who="Sam Lowree"]<Robertson also said,“You put in your article that the Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off. We ought to just be repentant, turn to God, and let’s get on with it, and everything will turn around.”
After he blasts the people he sanctimoniously calls sinners. Just like the rest of you Tbaggers. You're holier than thou, and your belief system matches ole Papa Duck. Good for you.
Sam Lowree wrote:
<Like him or not he sure has got the country stirred up talking about Christianity.
He's got the country stirred up about bigotry crudely labeled Christianity.
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

#15 Dec 22, 2013
Get Right or Get Left wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about grasping for straws!?!?!? LOL at you.
You are drowning!
Anything you always pissed off regressives can find, that can piss you off? It very strangely seems to make you happy???
What a miserable life to live!
Huhh? Just like your other posts, this is a non-reply.

Loco, is there a brain in your head? Can you actually reply directly to what is posted?

Nahh, you don't have the intelligence to actually reply to my post. You do only what you can do best-- spout unrelated putdowns.

And even in that you fail.
Get Right or Get Left

Nevada City, CA

#16 Dec 22, 2013
1 Save me, O God, by your name;
vindicate me by your might.
2 Hear my prayer, O God;
listen to the words of my mouth.
3 Arrogant foes are attacking me;
ruthless people are trying to kill me—
people without regard for God.
4 Surely God is my help;
the Lord is the one who sustains me.
5 Let evil recoil on those who slander me;
in your faithfulness destroy them.
6 I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you;
I will praise your name, Lord, for it is good.
7 You have delivered me from all my troubles,
and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.
Psalm 54

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#17 Dec 22, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, so this icon of yours practices bestiality. What a sick joke to make this guy your hero..
Talk about someone with reading comprehension problems. You lefties are the ones taking the leap in logic to twist reality to your own perverse view.
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
He's judging people through the device of using the Bible. Like so many of you Tbaggers.
Robertson didn’t judge any person, he pointed out sinful behaviour. You see as Christians we know that we are all sinners and that it is our behaviour that must be changed. When you follow Christ you are to love one another and love God.

You guys always preach tolerance but don’t practice it. You are the hypocrite.

You want everyone to tolerate different lifestyles unless of course you disagree with that particular lifestyle.

As far as I am concerned, as a Christian, people spend an inordinate amount of time on the homosexual issue. From what I have read, sins of the flesh are not as serious as sins of the spirit.
Tea Party Solution

Redding, CA

#18 Dec 22, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about someone with reading comprehension problems. You lefties are the ones taking the leap in logic to twist reality to your own perverse view.
In your reality up is down and black is white.
Sam Lowree wrote:
<Robertson didn’t judge any person, he pointed out sinful behaviour.
He pointed out what he believes to be sinful behavior. In Muslim countries Christians are considered sinful. Intolerant people always justify their intolerance on some holy book or another.
Sam Lowree wrote:
<You guys always preach tolerance but don’t practice it. You are the hypocrite.
We need to practice tolerance, even with people who are intolerant. I certainly don't agree with Papa Duck, but I support his right to say whatever he wants.
Sam Lowree wrote:
<You want everyone to tolerate different lifestyles unless of course you disagree with that particular lifestyle.
Not at all. On the other hand, you don't show much tolerance towards people who disagree with Robertson.
Jay Decay

Oroville, CA

#19 Dec 22, 2013
I don't know who's more idiotic, the Duck Dynasty guy, or the people arguing about him. Who cares?!?!

There's more important things to be discussing and learning about besides some rich TV star.
Tea Party Solution

Redding, CA

#20 Dec 22, 2013
Get Right or Get Left wrote:
Let evil recoil on those who slander me;
in your faithfulness destroy them.
For every Bible passage that expounds fear and hate, there are many more that speak of love and forgiveness. I'll go with the love and forgiveness aspects of the Bible. Fear and hate just brings more fear and hate. That's been the history of our world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
He IS CRAZY 1 hr Godfrey 8
Hillary Investigation to be Reopened! 2 hr a-citizen 3
The MOOCH is all done! 3 hr Rheinse Pubis 1
The boy scouts loved Trumps speech. 3 hr Rheinse Pubis 5
Hannity has no idea what a SIM card is 3 hr Rheinse Pubis 20
Texas FREAK LOVES GRANDPA 5 hr moron here is one 2
Some of GRANDPA NICOLAI'S Bizarre Claims 6 hr Bob Luvs Barry-O 9

Richvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richvale Mortgages