Canada ok's alternate to Keystone pip...

Canada ok's alternate to Keystone pipeline

Posted in the Richvale Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
more lost jobs

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#1 Aug 1, 2013
nobama has screwed working class Americans out of 42,000 jobs according to the state dept....and that doesn't include spin off businesses from all of the activity. In total, nearly 200,000 jobs would be created by building the Keystone pipeline....and now, Canada will build its own pipeline to the coast....and Asia will get the oil.
American workers get nothing but higher taxes and higher gasoline costs.

TransCanada to build pipeline to Atlantic Canada

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/01/5616869/tran...

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#2 Aug 1, 2013
And the oil once at the coast will be sent by tanker to the Gulf refineries. Nice plan enviros. By protesting the pipeline they endanger the environment more. Geniuses.
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#3 Aug 1, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
And the oil once at the coast will be sent by tanker to the Gulf refineries. Nice plan enviros. By protesting the pipeline they endanger the environment more. Geniuses.
Wrong, it'll go to china, they're the ones who own it.

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#4 Aug 1, 2013
The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, it'll go to china, they're the ones who own it.
How so?
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#5 Aug 2, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
>
>
Simple....

China pretty much owns the oil...

Canada and China signed an agreement to develop the tar sand oil fields back in the early 2000's giving China first dibs on the oil....

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/012...
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

#6 Aug 2, 2013
more lost jobs wrote:
nobama has screwed working class Americans out of 42,000 jobs according to the state dept....and that doesn't include spin off businesses from all of the activity. In total, nearly 200,000 jobs would be created by building the Keystone pipeline....
Do you ever research these things for yourself? Or do you just take right-wing/corporate propaganda and run with it? Well, we know the answer...

That job figure of 200,000 jobs was promoted by TransCanada itself, and by the corporate shill, the chamber of commerce.

"The U.S. State Department calculated last year that the underground pipeline would add 5,000 to 6,000 U.S. jobs. One independent review of Keystone puts that number even lower, with the Cornell University Global Labor Institute finding that the pipeline would add only 500 to 1,400 temporary construction jobs. The authors of the September report also said that much of the new employment stemming from Keystone would be outside the U.S.

Transcanada itself cast doubt on its employment forecast when a vice president for the company told CNN last fall that the 20,000 jobs Keystone would create were temporary and that the project would likely yield only "hundreds" of permanent positions.

Another reason for the discrepancy appears to stem from what that 20,000 figure really means. As Transcanada has conceded, its estimate counted up "job years" spent on the project, not jobs. In other words, the company was counting a single construction worker who worked for two years on Keystone as two jobs,"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-573612...

Only a patsy for TransCanada would spout such bogus job figures-- and you qualify as one of those patsies. TransCanada itself admitted that their project would only yield hundreds of full-time jobs, and it admitted that they counted as a job one worker working for one year.
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#7 Aug 2, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever research these things for yourself? Or do you just take right-wing/corporate propaganda and run with it? Well, we know the answer...
That job figure of 200,000 jobs was promoted by TransCanada itself, and by the corporate shill, the chamber of commerce.
"The U.S. State Department calculated last year that the underground pipeline would add 5,000 to 6,000 U.S. jobs. One independent review of Keystone puts that number even lower, with the Cornell University Global Labor Institute finding that the pipeline would add only 500 to 1,400 temporary construction jobs. The authors of the September report also said that much of the new employment stemming from Keystone would be outside the U.S.
Transcanada itself cast doubt on its employment forecast when a vice president for the company told CNN last fall that the 20,000 jobs Keystone would create were temporary and that the project would likely yield only "hundreds" of permanent positions.
Another reason for the discrepancy appears to stem from what that 20,000 figure really means. As Transcanada has conceded, its estimate counted up "job years" spent on the project, not jobs. In other words, the company was counting a single construction worker who worked for two years on Keystone as two jobs,"
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-573612...
Only a patsy for TransCanada would spout such bogus job figures-- and you qualify as one of those patsies. TransCanada itself admitted that their project would only yield hundreds of full-time jobs, and it admitted that they counted as a job one worker working for one year.
I've found a new form of entertainment. I read the crap posted by the likes of loco, infantile and the other right wing lemmings and then follow the links they provide to see how bad they, the likes of loco, infantile and the other right wing lemmings misrepresent the facts.

Without a doubt the aforementioned moronic lemmings have a comprehension problem.
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#8 Aug 2, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever research these things for yourself? Or do you just take right-wing/corporate propaganda and run with it? Well, we know the answer...
That job figure of 200,000 jobs was promoted by TransCanada itself, and by the corporate shill, the chamber of commerce.
"The U.S. State Department calculated last year that the underground pipeline would add 5,000 to 6,000 U.S. jobs. One independent review of Keystone puts that number even lower, with the Cornell University Global Labor Institute finding that the pipeline would add only 500 to 1,400 temporary construction jobs. The authors of the September report also said that much of the new employment stemming from Keystone would be outside the U.S.
Transcanada itself cast doubt on its employment forecast when a vice president for the company told CNN last fall that the 20,000 jobs Keystone would create were temporary and that the project would likely yield only "hundreds" of permanent positions.
Another reason for the discrepancy appears to stem from what that 20,000 figure really means. As Transcanada has conceded, its estimate counted up "job years" spent on the project, not jobs. In other words, the company was counting a single construction worker who worked for two years on Keystone as two jobs,"
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-573612...
Only a patsy for TransCanada would spout such bogus job figures-- and you qualify as one of those patsies. TransCanada itself admitted that their project would only yield hundreds of full-time jobs, and it admitted that they counted as a job one worker working for one year.
Lying again, heh lil teepee.......you and nobama...lmao
The biased state dept. made their boss (and you)look foolish. My guess is that the state dept. lowballed the numbers.

Obama low-balls Keystone job creation numbers, according to State Department
http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-low-balls...

“A president disparaging private-sector jobs while backstage at a jobs rally is beyond belief,” House Energy and Commerce Committee chairman Fred Upton, R-Mich., said in a statement.“The president’s own State Department reported that Keystone would support upwards of 40,000 jobs. In this economy, any source of private job creation should be welcomed with open arms....

Those are just construction jobs. What about material suppliers, truckers, restaurants along the construction route, motel and hotels, etc.

You're nothing but a lying shill for leftwing zealots....
and btw, don't bother to apologize because I really don't give a dam what you think. In fact, don't apologize.....let other readers understand that you have NO CLASS in addition to being a lil puss of a liar.
lol
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#9 Aug 2, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying again, heh lil teepee.......you and nobama...lmao
The biased state dept. made their boss (and you)look foolish. My guess is that the state dept. lowballed the numbers.
Obama low-balls Keystone job creation numbers, according to State Department
http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-low-balls...
“A president disparaging private-sector jobs while backstage at a jobs rally is beyond belief,” House Energy and Commerce Committee chairman Fred Upton, R-Mich., said in a statement.“The president’s own State Department reported that Keystone would support upwards of 40,000 jobs. In this economy, any source of private job creation should be welcomed with open arms....
Those are just construction jobs. What about material suppliers, truckers, restaurants along the construction route, motel and hotels, etc.
You're nothing but a lying shill for leftwing zealots....
and btw, don't bother to apologize because I really don't give a dam what you think. In fact, don't apologize.....let other readers understand that you have NO CLASS in addition to being a lil puss of a liar.
lol
And your link to a reliable source proving "the State Department reported that Keystone would support upwards of 40,000 jobs"?
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#10 Aug 2, 2013
The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
And your link to a reliable source proving "the State Department reported that Keystone would support upwards of 40,000 jobs"?
>
>
You got to consider the source...

LOCO probably plagiarized a bit of nonsense from some right wing wacko blog, he is renowned for that.
Melting One

Napa, CA

#11 Aug 2, 2013
The ice caps are melting. Soot is inhibiting the reflective aspects of the ice fields, mostly from fossil fuel power plants.

Keystone would be the nail in the coffin.
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#12 Aug 2, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
You got to consider the source...
LOCO probably plagiarized a bit of nonsense from some right wing wacko blog, he is renowned for that.
I don't understand how anyone can use a republican politician as a "reliable source". I'm sure the news paper quoted him correctly butt where's the proof that his quote is correct?
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#14 Aug 2, 2013
The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand how anyone can use a republican politician as a "reliable source". I'm sure the news paper quoted him correctly butt where's the proof that his quote is correct?
>
>
That's what I mean, he quoted some nonsense...
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#16 Aug 2, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
That's what I mean, he quoted some nonsense...
Quiet yourself you old perverted fool. Nobody listens to you anyway.

and....you already look bad enough....teepee is a proven liar...again.
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#18 Aug 2, 2013
Melting One wrote:
The ice caps are melting. Soot is inhibiting the reflective aspects of the ice fields, mostly from fossil fuel power plants.
Keystone would be the nail in the coffin.
roughly translated?

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!

lmao.........doomsdayer liberal shill. oooooooooooh! we shoulkd be very afraid!.....lmao

does your mommy know you are using the computer?....lmao
HereIsOneNutCase MexiTroll

Amity, OR

#19 Aug 4, 2013
more lost jobs wrote:
nobama has screwed working class Americans out of 42,000 jobs according to the state dept....and that doesn't include spin off businesses from all of the activity. In total, nearly 200,000 jobs would be created by building the Keystone pipeline....and now, Canada will build its own pipeline to the coast....and Asia will get the oil.
American workers get nothing but higher taxes and higher gasoline costs.
TransCanada to build pipeline to Atlantic Canada
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/01/5616869/tran...
Oh My Here is One MexiTrollIDIOT, Thanks for the GOOD NEWS!

SOOO you are saying the Canadians will ship their DIRTY Shale OIL via a pipeline to an ATLANTIC port in order to ship that Commodity to China via the OPEN TRADE ROUTES developing due to the ICE FREE ARCTIC OCEAN? Damn, stupid One, your claim of INCREASING ICE in the ARCTIC must have slipped by those Oil Cos.

Perhaps you should contact them to save their businesses! Or maybe we should ship OUR North Dakota Dirty Oil to Canada for Export rather than DESTROYING the Ogalala Aquifer with the GUARANTEED SPILLS that will happen.

Canada IS a NAFTA Country. Why do you want to DISCRIMINATE against our friends from the north, MexiTrollIdiot?

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#20 Aug 4, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Simple....
China pretty much owns the oil...
Canada and China signed an agreement to develop the tar sand oil fields back in the early 2000's giving China first dibs on the oil....
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/012...
China doesn't own any oil until they purchase it. The Canadian government is not developing the oil. Companies like Suncor and Cenovus are extracting the oil from the ground.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#21 Aug 4, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
China doesn't own any oil until they purchase it. The Canadian government is not developing the oil. Companies like Suncor and Cenovus are extracting the oil from the ground.
>
>
The Chinese will be one of the first ones in line for the oil, they already are in cahoots with some of the oil companies...
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#22 Aug 4, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
The Chinese will be one of the first ones in line for the oil, they already are in cahoots with some of the oil companies...
Canada would love to do business with the USA first and foremost.
The cost and environmental danger of shipping the oil to China makes the USA route much more attractive........even the labor unions and their wholey owned democrat legislators are urging obama to wake up. Imagine obama holding ten of thousands of good jobs for Americans hostage for his own selfish political purposes? What kind of person does that?

I think he is going to throw you environuts fools under the bus and approve the pipeline in the USA. He is just holding out for more political gain before he does it.

I can tell...because if we listen closely....the sound we hear is the collective whining/crying from the enviro-nut crowd as more fossil fuels will be provided to our nation when we really need them.
Have you noticed? Crude oil has been over $100 per barrel for quite a while. Average Americans are feeling the pain of high fuel prices.
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#23 Aug 4, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Canada would love to do business with the USA first and foremost.
The cost and environmental danger of shipping the oil to China makes the USA route much more attractive........even the labor unions and their wholey owned democrat legislators are urging obama to wake up. Imagine obama holding ten of thousands of good jobs for Americans hostage for his own selfish political purposes? What kind of person does that?
I think he is going to throw you environuts fools under the bus and approve the pipeline in the USA. He is just holding out for more political gain before he does it.
I can tell...because if we listen closely....the sound we hear is the collective whining/crying from the enviro-nut crowd as more fossil fuels will be provided to our nation when we really need them.
Have you noticed? Crude oil has been over $100 per barrel for quite a while. Average Americans are feeling the pain of high fuel prices.
Gawd you're stupid! The buyer pays for shipping and liability while product is in transit.

You better stick to sucking up to the pedophile from Puerto Vallarta.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Army Says Hillary Disgrunted or Careless 16 hr Gossip 2
News Junk money: Junkers making the big bucks off 'c... (Aug '09) 17 hr Wittmeier Tool 14
The Clinton Crime Family at Work - Pay For Play 18 hr Sunshine Disinfects 4
Free The Nipple 19 hr Nipples 1
Lying Crooked Hillary Thu ANONYMOUS 2
Review: Paramount Trailer Park (Mar '13) Thu anonymous 24
Hillary Clinton Is A BIGOT Thu Middle of the road 1

Richvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richvale Mortgages