Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,261
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70395 Mar 29, 2014
Of late, Israeli, Aviram Rozin, founder of Sadhana Forest, in Auroville, India, has a new young assistant from Israel whose name is Yoav Lutzky. Aviram and his wife, Yorit, are doing great work in eco-conservation. They have 2 daughters - Osher Shanti and Shalev Anandi - who live in Sadhana Forest. All of these individuals are followers of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother (Aurobindo's Jewish spiritual collaborator).

Location hidden

#70396 Mar 29, 2014
Auroville in India is overrun by ex-Jews from European nations, the US and Israel.

Location hidden

#70397 Mar 29, 2014
The yogic experience that commenced around 2 days ago is still continuing....

Location hidden

#70398 Mar 29, 2014
I found it so sickening to see a pic of 2 men kissing as they exchanged "marriage" vows in the UK where gay marriages are now legal.

Location hidden

#70399 Mar 29, 2014
HUGH,

Are you afraid of death?

Do you often think about death?

Location hidden

#70400 Mar 29, 2014
Everything thing material has to die unless one is great Yogi which then transforms the inevitability of death into a certitude of physical immortality. It's an extremely exacting procedure involving the continuous infusion into the body of a superior range of conscious-energy (from the planes that lie above the head in the universal field) that keeps reversing the cellular senescence, neutralizes diseases and makes the body immune to poisons/accidents. Just a handful of yogis are capable of this Himalayan feat.

Location hidden

#70401 Mar 29, 2014
HINDSIGHT

The yoga experience of the past 2 days has been extremely interesting in revealing to me many aspects of consciousness especially its nonlocal mode. And, with my body force field opening up to external nature it was a rare experience to experience the nonlocal state and to go without eating food for 2 days as my body was amply replenished by the inflow of energy from external nature. Another fascinating experience was the superhuman strength that I experienced by opening up to the energy field of external nature. Now, that the descent of the force of the higher consciousness is ending with the force retreating into the planes above the head a slight fever has caught the body....On the whole, it has been a great yogic experience. Later.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70402 Mar 29, 2014
HughBe wrote:
"Leading Sefardi Haredi Rabbi Tells University Students It Is KOSHER To Cheat And Plagiarize
Rabbi Avraham Yosef with name hands 2Chief Rabbi of Holon Rabbi Avraham Yosef – who sits on the Israel Chief Rabbinate’s council and who is a son of the late Sefardi haredi leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef – gave permission for university students to cheat and plagiarize.
Chief Rabbi of Holon Rabbi Avraham Yosef – who sits on the Israel Chief Rabbinate’s council and who is a son of the late Sefardi haredi leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef – gave permission for university students to cheat and plagiarize, the Jerusalem Post reported.
In an online halakha (Jewish law) ask the rabbi forum on the Moreshet Orthodox web portal, a woman posed the following question.
“My friend needs to submit university work, she took the work from someone else and asked me to change the wording so that the work will not look like the same. Is it permissible for me to help my friend to re-word the work?,” a woman asked.
Yosef said it is permissible to plagiarize and cheat....."
As you all know it is a massive surprise to me that a rabbi would teach that "It Is KOSHER To CHEAT And Plagiarize". Having said that, I have had personal experiences with their disciples on this Forum and it is clear to me that the disciples are a reflection of their masters.
http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messi...
Funny things about us Jews. We question, and encourage dissent and introspection. And we rarely follow our spiritual leaders blindly.

Does your religion do the same?

----------

http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-News...

A group of students belonging to the national-religious Ne’emanei Torah Va’avodah organization wrote a strong letter of criticism to Yosef, condemning his university ruling.

“This is something [copying work] which is morally corrupt, and we don’t know how it is possible to find any justification for it,” they wrote.

“Apart from the fact that such actions are a serious breach of university regulations, we as students who work hard every day doing course work and exams are saddened to see the legitimization of cheating and unilateral abrogation of student assignments.”

Tzohar executive vice president Nachman Rosenberg also harshly criticized the rabbi for his halachic ruling.

“It is a sad wonder how, between police investigations, trash talking and immorality, Rabbi Avraham Yosef finds both the time and audacity to personally persecute Rabbi Stav,” Rosenberg said.“I do not doubt his expertise in the Jewish laws pertaining to Passover cleaning, but I think he can use a serious polishing up on the laws of slander and the desecration of God’s name.”

Location hidden

#70403 Mar 29, 2014
Judaism is best described as - barbarism !

Location hidden

#70404 Mar 29, 2014
RADIN & SAMADHI

Ex-Jew, Dean Radin, perhaps the foremost parapsychology researcher in the world and a practicing Vedantist, recently said that he experienced for a few seconds during deep meditation the state of samadhi (stasis, complete absorption of the surface consciousness into the deeper levels of consciousness). Radin is hooked on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali that he often quotes. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali mainly deal with the paranormal powers that emerge at specific states of consciousness during trace states.

Location hidden

#70405 Mar 29, 2014
Recently, I saw an old pic of STEVE JOBS in the Times of India in which he was shown lined up for "prasad" ("blessed food") at the ISKCON (International Society of Krishna Consciousness) in Mumbai. JOBS later supposedly turned to Buddhism.

Location hidden

#70406 Mar 29, 2014
In another old vid, I saw Rupert Sheldrake, the famed Biochemist/mind-body researcher from Cambridge, sitting and listening to a talk given by his mentor J Krishnamurti. I think I spotted particle physicist and mind-body writer, Fritjof Capra, too, seated with J Krishnamurti in another old vid.

Location hidden

#70407 Mar 29, 2014
Rupert Sheldrake and Fritjof Capra no longer identify with orthodox Christianity and are more inclined towards Eastern Mystical traditions.

Location hidden

#70408 Mar 29, 2014
Ex-Jews, David Bohm and Karl Pribram, drew on the teachings of J Krishnamurti to formulate a holonic model of the human brain. Bohm was a close disciple of Krishnamurti. There's a vid in which Bohm, Sheldrake and a few others are seen listening to J Krishnamurti in an elegant living room.

Location hidden

#70409 Mar 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Ex-Jews, David Bohm and Karl Pribram, drew on the teachings of J Krishnamurti to formulate a holonic model of the human brain. Bohm was a close disciple of Krishnamurti. There's a vid in which Bohm, Sheldrake and a few others are seen listening to J Krishnamurti in an elegant living room.
Bohm - an ex Jew?

Doofus - I guess it never occurred to you that agnosticism is fully compatible with Judaism

F. David Peat (1997). Infinite Potential: The Life And Times Of David Bohm. Basic Books. p. 21. ISBN 978-0-201-32820-2. "If he identified Jewish lore and customs with his father, then this was a way he would distance himself from Samuel. By the time he reached his late teens, he had become firmly agnostic."

Location hidden

#70410 Mar 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Couldnt find a single reference that made a claim that Karl Pribham renounced his Jewish upringing or his religious practices.

In fact there is an entire Google page devoted to keywords "Karl Pribham" and "Jew"

For starters:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_A...
List of Jewish American biologists and physicians

Location hidden

#70411 Mar 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Bohm - an ex Jew?
Doofus - I guess it never occurred to you that agnosticism is fully compatible with Judaism
F. David Peat (1997). Infinite Potential: The Life And Times Of David Bohm. Basic Books. p. 21. ISBN 978-0-201-32820-2. "If he identified Jewish lore and customs with his father, then this was a way he would distance himself from Samuel. By the time he reached his late teens, he had become firmly agnostic."
The Straight Dope: Can you be an atheist and still be Jewish?
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1503...

Why I am an ((Jewish)) agnostic theist
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/blog/rabbis-w...

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/90...
Modern Jewish Views.
In all essentials, modern Judaism shares the position of Maimonides. It regards all attempts at descriptive connotations of the Godhead as anthropomorphic makeshifts to find words for a thought which in reality is beyond the power of human tongue adequately to convey. God is. In Himself, He is unknowable. In so far as He is in relation to our own self, the life of Israel, the human family, and the world, He is known. Up to a certain point, then, Judaism is agnostic. It parts company with Agnosticism at the point where the certitude of our own immediate consciousness of the reality beyond the limited range of sensational experience is called into doubt. By the light of this consciousness, which is an immediate datum, by the facts of his own identity and persistency as a conscious entity in time and space—yet withal above time and space, and constituted into a moral personality by the additional data of Israel's history and the guidance of the world and humanity—the Jew, in accordance with Judaism's doctrine, draws the warrant for predicating in his faltering human language the existence of that "power not ourselves making for righteousness," paraphrasing attributes which agnostic metaphysics, in its confusion of the implications and the limitations of knowledge, refuses to admit. The Unknowable God, through the medium of human cognition, is apprehended as the God who is, and, as existing, is known by analogy and brought nearer to man by symbolism rooted in human experience and human self-consciousness

Location hidden

#70412 Mar 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Bohm - an ex Jew?

By the time he reached his late teens, he had become firmly agnostic."
LOL.

Bohm, the ex-Jew, condemned Judaism as a faith teaching BS and evil.

In later years, Bohm, under the influence of J Krishnamurti, turned a monist accepting the nondual stand of consciousness constituting the reality.

Bohm and Krishnamurti constructed the holon theory of brain.

Location hidden

#70413 Mar 30, 2014
Karl Pribram - atheist ex-Jew. Expectedly, Pribram has only contempt for Judaism. In the Krishnamurti dialogues, Pribram stated that he wished to be cremated in Eastern Mystical tradition and not buried according to Jewish rites since he had quit Judaism long ago.

Location hidden

#70414 Mar 30, 2014
The ex-Jew, David Bohm, was among the closest disciple of J Krishnamurti and with the late Pupul Jaykar they formed quite an elegant team of monists/holonists. Adding intellectual weight to the team were Fritjof Capra and Rupert Sheldrake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
N. Korea says Obama looks like a Monkey 4 min if the shoe fits 1
what is a floodgate for methhead 19 min Here Is One 7
Moron here is one thinks Coyote Dam/Lake Mendo ... 3 hr SalmoTrutta 15
Gruber - Gate the demise of oblamercare 12 hr Babcock 98
Dish dumps faux 14 hr Babcock 17
Aren't Obama & Liberals the Real Racist 16 hr Ultraman 25
Off duty, black cops in New York feel threat fr... 19 hr Babcock 12
Richvale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web