Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,278
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67124 Feb 8, 2014
former res wrote:
Un-Cool Joel:
Hi Riff Raff!

Location hidden

#67126 Feb 8, 2014
former res wrote:
3. Thanks for your response on Israel. Would you consider yourself an anti-Semite, as you certainly sound like one. Anti-Christian as well?
I am not anti anyone/anything.

I have relatives in Israel.

I speak bluntly based on what I know.

Each phenomenon has its good and bad sides.

Location hidden

#67127 Feb 8, 2014
former res wrote:
4. Re: nursing et al, do you find yourself looking down your nose at many professions, faiths, people? You truly seem like lovely company!
No, just putting things in a proper perspective through bluntspeak.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67128 Feb 8, 2014
FORMER: 2. You failed to respond: Are you an atheist? If not, what are you? No double talk please.

JOEL: What?

Have you any intelligence?

Didn't you understand my posts on the same subject?

I answered the question on religion in detail in reply to your post and in prior individual write ups as well.

In objective reality, there's nothing like God or Gods.

God or Gods do not exist.

Everything is a sea of energy/matter with consciousness manifesting in different degrees depending on the degree of organization of the molecules of a system with the human brain producing the greatest degree of consciousness on account of its high degree of neuronal complexity.

Consciousness is devoid of both stuff and energy.

This makes consciousness an epiphenomenon of energy/matter in various stages of organization.

I repeat - God or Gods are simply mental constructs that've since millennia taken firm root in the collective subconscious of believers from where these subconscious forms keep subtly manipulating people. These are psychological phenomena based on fantasy but they've certain tangible effects, mostly negative, in the lives of believers.

I am a yogi-intellectual who's involved in the subjective investigation of the various modes of consciousness produced in the brain as a result of brain activity and my yogic experiences in altered states of consciousness and in the waking state as well are rewarding.

Location hidden

#67129 Feb 8, 2014
former res wrote:
5. Regarding your inherited wealth: You are a good example of how inherited wealth can hurt a person. I think it was Warren Buffet who said leave enough for your kids to do something but not so much for them to do nothing.
I have increased the inheritance through smart investments...

Location hidden

#67130 Feb 8, 2014
former res wrote:
I also hold a master in science degree and have taught.)
But, evidently, you're not good enough to clear the challenging IIT JEE (Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Exam).

I take it that you're a medical professional, right?

Which med school did you attend? Community College? The small town college? or Harvard (Harvard Med School - that's way beyond you, dude)? LOL.

Location hidden

#67131 Feb 8, 2014
former res wrote:
6. Your work with the 9-year-old boy sounds very good indeed. And I'm sure it is rewarding for you in its own right.
The yogic force is working wonders in the boy.

In the past, using the yogic force, I have also cured cancer, AIDS, typhoid, pneumonia, hepatitis, etc, but the cures effected by using the yogic force involves expenditure of higher frequency energy and the yogi is at the same time invaded by the disordered energy of the patient as the cure, which involves an exchange of energies between yogi and patient that occurs after establishing direct contact with the patient's energy field - gets underway. It takes not more than a few minutes to cure the above mentioned diseases. Genetic diseases take a longer time to cure using the force - at least with me this is the case. Medical doctors will not understand all this. The yogic force can be used to heal as well as to kill. These days, I don't involve myself in these dangerous cures using yogic force. I am only helping the mentally challenged boy out of compassion. The results are good...

Location hidden

#67132 Feb 8, 2014
former res wrote:
Do more of #6 and less of #1 through #5.
I don't take suggestions from ignorant persons.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67133 Feb 8, 2014
FORMER: 5. Regarding your inherited wealth: You are a good example of how inherited wealth can hurt a person. I think it was Warren Buffet who said leave enough for your kids to do something but not so much for them to do nothing.

JOEL - I have increased the inheritance through smart investments...

Location hidden

#67134 Feb 8, 2014
former res wrote:
Have a nice day!
Thank you, doc.

Wish you the same.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67135 Feb 8, 2014
FORMER: Have a nice day!

JOEL: Thank you, doc.

Wish you the same.

Location hidden

#67136 Feb 8, 2014
Thank you, doctor.

Have a nice day.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67137 Feb 8, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful with the salt. I always clean my dogs paws off when we come back in.
I'm waiting excitedly for the UPS truck to arrive. Ordered a pair of slip-on snow shoes from LL Bean. Will make going in and out a lot easier.
What we found was that our dog is ok with the crystalized salt, but the lumpy gumpy stuff burns her paws.

The problem we have with the snow/ice isnt traction but that the dog punches thru the ice layer and gets stuck in the fluff. I can walk thru it with no problem.

Location hidden

#67138 Feb 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not anti anyone/anything.
chuckle

Location hidden

#67139 Feb 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
However, in the recent debate on religion versus atheism that you had with Frijoles the dunce, you and COR got the better of him. Frijoles came across as an ignorant religious nut who was simply playing around with silly theistic ideas that can easily be debunked.
Here is your opportunity to earn that FIRST gold star.

Had you actually read the posts, you would have noted that I was arguing against theism. As I normally do.

Now, all I need from you is an acknowledgement that you were wrong, and I can go ahead and AWARD you your very FIRST gold star.

Location hidden

#67140 Feb 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
In the past, using the yogic force, I have also cured cancer, AIDS, typhoid, pneumonia, hepatitis, etc,.....Genetic diseases take a longer time to cure using the force - at least with me this is the case. Medical doctors will not understand all this...
chuckle
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67141 Feb 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is your opportunity to earn that FIRST gold star.
Had you actually read the posts, you would have noted that I was arguing against theism. As I normally do.
Now, all I need from you is an acknowledgement that you were wrong, and I can go ahead and AWARD you your very FIRST gold star.
If you believe that a deity exists, you are a theist; otherwise you're an atheist.

According to CoR (and others), you can be gnostic or agnostic version of either.

I wouldn't argue those categories. I would fall into the agnostic atheist group if I correctly recall the categories.

Location hidden

#67142 Feb 8, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that a deity exists, you are a theist; otherwise you're an atheist.
According to CoR (and others), you can be gnostic or agnostic version of either.
I wouldn't argue those categories. I would fall into the agnostic atheist group if I correctly recall the categories.
That definition suffers from the bias of stressing "belief". My religion stresses behavior over belief (as we all know...)

So I would argue that the typology, though logical, isnt very relevant once you get out of Christianity.

As for how I practice my religion,(i.e how I behave), I definitely dont act as if there is a deity as described below. However, I would not self-identify as an atheist, as that term has no meaning in my practice, no more than worrying about whether Jesus exists. Its the concern of to the intellectuals, and to the Christians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deity
Deities are depicted in a variety of forms, but are also frequently expressed as having human form. Some faiths and traditions consider it blasphemous to imagine or depict the deity as having any concrete form. Deities are often thought to be immortal, and are commonly assumed to have personalities and to possess consciousness, intellects, desires, and emotions comparable but usually superior to those of humans. A male deity is a god, while a female deity is a goddess.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67143 Feb 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That definition suffers from the bias of stressing "belief". My religion stresses behavior over belief (as we all know...)
So I would argue that the typology, though logical, isnt very relevant once you get out of Christianity.
As for how I practice my religion,(i.e how I behave), I definitely dont act as if there is a deity as described below. However, I would not self-identify as an atheist, as that term has no meaning in my practice, no more than worrying about whether Jesus exists. Its the concern of to the intellectuals, and to the Christians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deity
Deities are depicted in a variety of forms, but are also frequently expressed as having human form. Some faiths and traditions consider it blasphemous to imagine or depict the deity as having any concrete form. Deities are often thought to be immortal, and are commonly assumed to have personalities and to possess consciousness, intellects, desires, and emotions comparable but usually superior to those of humans. A male deity is a god, while a female deity is a goddess.
Ok but that's not what the "category" folks would say.

https://www.google.com/search...

They'd say "If the theism/deity switch" isn't turned to the ON position, then by default it is in the OFF position (think binary) and you are in fact an atheist.

I'd say it might be more intellectually honest to go ahead and accept that label.

I too resisted it for decades, claiming to be an agnostic until I did a better reading of the definitions.

The term doesn't have to have any meaning in your practice for it to apply.

And all this makes me wonder what the hell we were arguing over???
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67144 Feb 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
The yogic force is working wonders in the boy.
In the past, using the yogic force, I have also cured cancer, AIDS, typhoid, pneumonia, hepatitis, etc, but the cures effected by using the yogic force involves expenditure of higher frequency energy and the yogi is at the same time invaded by the disordered energy of the patient as the cure, which involves an exchange of energies between yogi and patient that occurs after establishing direct contact with the patient's energy field - gets underway. It takes not more than a few minutes to cure the above mentioned diseases. Genetic diseases take a longer time to cure using the force - at least with me this is the case. Medical doctors will not understand all this. The yogic force can be used to heal as well as to kill. These days, I don't involve myself in these dangerous cures using yogic force. I am only helping the mentally challenged boy out of compassion. The results are good...
I think I saw this happen in a good movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Mile_ (film)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police turn their backs on liberal NYC Mayor 3 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 11
N. Korea says Obama looks like a Monkey 12 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 16
Gruber - Gate the demise of oblamercare 25 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 124
Progressive liberals execute two NYPD Cops 40 min Local 19
why does grumpy post gay sex fantasies? 47 min Local 6
Dish dumps faux 57 min GRANDPA NICOLAI 25
Obama Hates Our Constitution 1 hr Here Is One 50
Richvale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web