Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,368
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64420 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
No one gives a shit what festivals or holidays the observant Jews celebrate.
Only don't expect the government to name the festivals/holidays that you celebrate.
As I said earlier, any religious festival that is a public holiday in a nation should simply be designated "holiday(s)" by the government.
A truly secular government does not go around making announcements about a particular festival that is anyway all mumbo jumbo.
Religious festivals that're public holidays should simply be termed holiday(s) and clerics and law teachers of the religion should not be patronized by government officials.
But you obviously give a sht, a big one in fact

We dont expect the govt to name the festivals

you are advancing a straw argument because you are on an ideological tear, and refuse to admit your own irrelevance

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#64422 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Circles, triangles, squares, swooshes, floral/faunal forms, dots, lines, etc, are nature-symbols and are the best symbols that express universal phenomena unlike those nonsensical religious symbols/objects like menorahs, crosses, stars, etc.
rabbee: well i do not care, what pagan religiously put on their buildings. but if you ban all religious symbols, you have to ban them too. don't give me with only, our pagan religious symbols are acceptable.

Denver, CO

#64423 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Circles, triangles, squares, swooshes, floral/faunal forms, dots, lines, etc, are nature-symbols and are the best symbols that express universal phenomena unlike those nonsensical religious symbols/objects like menorahs, crosses, stars, etc.
rabbee: pagan nature worshipers, are nothing religiously new. and in case you, have not really looked at The Mogan Daveed. it happens to be, two distinct triangles. and pagans have lamp holders and candle holders religiously too.

Denver, CO

#64424 Dec 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But you obviously give a sht, a big one in fact
We dont expect the govt to name the festivals
you are advancing a straw argument because you are on an ideological tear, and refuse to admit your own irrelevance
rabbee: well of course he is upset, cause his religion is not doing so well. i just guess other g-ds, are not what the used to be.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#64425 Dec 22, 2013
ELEMENTS OF A UNIVERSAL RELIGION:

I am against religion but just as an intellectual exercise let me attempt to define a universal religion that picks the best elements from various world religions.

A universal religion should be composed of different broad aspects so as to appeal to people of various temperaments.

What would this new universal religion be like?

It would have a Vedantic brain + an Islamic body + Buddhist compassion + Jain non-violence.

Why?

Read my next post.

Location hidden

#64426 Dec 22, 2013
BASIS OF THE UNIVERSAL RELIGION:

This new universal religion would necessarily have a Vedantic brain since there's not a single religion on earth that can match the mystico-rational expositions of the Vedanta; it must also possess an Islamic body since in the area of fraternity no religion confers such equality on its adherents as Islam - one Muslim may be a billionaire and another Muslim a servant but all socio-economic distinctions end in the mosque where the servant is treated on par with the billionaire during the prayer time with both standing side by side and besides the tenacity with which Muslims cling to their faith is another factor that would add to the universal faith that I have in mind. Further, the universal religion would essentially have to have Buddhist compassion that's rare and lofty and worth propagating and lastly it would include Jain non-violence what with the Jain faith consistently preaching against non-violence and attainment to perfection via a non-violent temperament.

Location hidden

#64427 Dec 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
BASIS OF THE UNIVERSAL RELIGION:
This new universal religion would necessarily have a Vedantic brain since there's not a single religion on earth that can match the mystico-rational expositions of the Vedanta; it must also possess an Islamic body since in the area of fraternity no religion confers such equality on its adherents as Islam - one Muslim may be a billionaire and another Muslim a servant but all socio-economic distinctions end in the mosque where the servant is treated on par with the billionaire during the prayer time with both standing side by side and besides the tenacity with which Muslims cling to their faith is another factor that would add to the universal faith that I have in mind. Further, the universal religion would essentially have to have Buddhist compassion that's rare and lofty and worth propagating and lastly it would include Jain non-violence what with the Jain faith consistently preaching against non-violence and attainment to perfection via a non-violent temperament.
Looking forward to the non-judgemental Joel.

Dont forget to help your fellow man.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#64428 Dec 22, 2013
Abolish the Fed----As a black Homosexual I found the comments by the freak wacko right winger on that duck show horrible.
Thanks
QUEEN

M3-Driver---Oh my I am also a black homosexual and a queen.

HughBe--- It getting too crowded in here, I like being the only BLACK here. I must also add that the likes of Frijoles and Eric are glad to have you here as both of you are practitioners of the rear art.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#64429 Dec 22, 2013
insert IS

Location hidden

#64430 Dec 22, 2013
When will Hugh be subjected to a cavity search?

(smiles)

Location hidden

#64431 Dec 22, 2013
Abolish the Fed and M3 Driver,

Aside from those names that dear Hugh mentioned, Hugh himself is homosexual.

Hugh is as black as coal and claims to have a 14 inch long dick that err... erects at the sight of handsome young males. LOL.

Location hidden

#64432 Dec 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Looking forward to the non-judgemental Joel.

Dont forget to help your fellow man
mmmmm

(smiles)
Eric

Mount Prospect, IL

#64433 Dec 23, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Abolish the Fed and M3 Driver,
Aside from those names that dear Hugh mentioned, Hugh himself is homosexual.
Hugh is as black as coal and claims to have a 14 inch long dick that err... erects at the sight of handsome young males. LOL.
Come on Joel. You can recognize sarcasm when you see it. First there are 2 Abolish the Fed's. The one with no location is the one who comes and goes around here. He is the ultra-conservative. The one from New York is mocking the other one.

Next, Robertson, the guy from Duck Dynasty, not only castigated Gay people but also Blacks in his interview. Therefore, the statements about being Black and Gay were sarcasm.

Location hidden

#64434 Dec 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Come on Joel. You can recognize sarcasm when you see it. First there are 2 Abolish the Fed's. The one with no location is the one who comes and goes around here. He is the ultra-conservative. The one from New York is mocking the other one.

Next, Robertson, the guy from Duck Dynasty, not only castigated Gay people but also Blacks in his interview. Therefore, the statements about being Black and Gay were sarcasm.
ha ha ha

Yeah!

However, I am dead serious about Hugh being a dick-loving homo.

(wink)

Location hidden

#64435 Dec 23, 2013
Lord Joel demands that Hugh be subjected to a cavity search like the law-flouting Indian lady diplomat in the US.

(smiles)

Location hidden

#64436 Dec 23, 2013
OUR CASUARINA TREE

By Toru Dutt

(A verse from this epic poem. I remember studying this classic poem in middle school at Cathedral).

"Unknown, yet well-known to the eye of faith!
Ah, I have heard that wail far, far away
In distant lands, by many a sheltered bay,
When slumbered in his cave the water-wraith
And the waves gently kissed the classic shore
Of France or Italy, beneath the moon,
When earth lay trancèd in a dreamless swoon:
And every time the music rose,—before
Mine inner vision rose a form sublime,
Thy form, O Tree, as in my happy prime
I saw thee, in my own loved native clime. "

Location hidden

#64437 Dec 23, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
OUR CASUARINA TREE
By Toru Dutt
(A verse from this epic poem. I remember studying this classic poem in middle school at Cathedral).
"Unknown, yet well-known to the eye of faith!
Ah, I have heard that wail far, far away
In distant lands, by many a sheltered bay,
When slumbered in his cave the water-wraith
And the waves gently kissed the classic shore
Of France or Italy, beneath the moon,
When earth lay trancèd in a dreamless swoon:
And every time the music rose,—before
Mine inner vision rose a form sublime,
Thy form, O Tree, as in my happy prime
I saw thee, in my own loved native clime. "
We have those trees as well in the US. The are not just in India. We had a large one growing in front of my apartment complex at one point when i was a student.

Its funny that someone composed an ode, because I remember them as sad looking trees. But maybe thats why.

Location hidden

#64439 Dec 23, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

We have those trees as well in the US. The are not just in India. We had a large one growing in front of my apartment complex at one point when i was a student.

Its funny that someone composed an ode, because I remember them as sad looking trees. But maybe thats why.
Ya (Papa).

Toru Dutt describes the casuarina trees as "hoars" which means they appear greyish-white as say a crop of grey hair on an aged person.

Perhaps, the hoary appearance of the casuarina trees reminds one of an aged person afflicted with illness, loneliness and/or fear of death and so the pathos associated with the casuarina tree of Dutt's childhood.

She remembers the casuarina tree in the garden of her ancestral house in the Punjab not because it is special to her in any way but because she and her childhood friends spent many a happy hour in its shade.

A touching poem.

I remember studying it in Grade 7 or Grade 8 in Cathedral School, Mumbai.

Location hidden

#64440 Dec 23, 2013
CONCLUDING VERSE OF THE POEM - OUR CASUARINA TREE

By Toru Dutt

Therefore I fain would consecrate a lay

Unto thy honor, Tree, beloved of those

Who now in blessed sleep for aye repose,—

Dearer than life to me, alas, were they!

Mayst thou be numbered when my days are done

With deathless trees—like those in Borrowdale,

Under whose awful branches lingered pale

“Fear, trembling Hope, and Death, the skeleton,

And Time the shadow;” and though weak the verse

That would thy beauty fain, oh, fain rehearse,

May Love defend thee from Oblivion’s curse.

Touching !

Location hidden

#64441 Dec 23, 2013
Touching, a very touching poem, indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr brewed 5,070
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr sloop 200,940
Charles Bryan Graves (Dec '13) 3 hr bumpinya 14
worldwide fear chaos and U.S. failure 6 hr Edit 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr subscibe 15,995
South Carolina House speaker indicted on nine c... 12 hr Vince 10
Why hasn't Officer Darren Wilson been arrested ... 12 hr Ultraman 46
•••
•••
•••

Richvale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Richvale People Search