Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,629
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#59747 Oct 7, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ill take that as you have a belief and are afraid of looking like a hypocrite.
You'll never know, will you?

Like having an itch you can never scratch.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59748 Oct 7, 2013
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Jews had lost "one of the WISEST men of this generation."

That is the Israeli PM speaking, above.

What is YOUR understanding of the Prime Minister's words?

Keep in mind that the DECEIVERS here try as usual to DECEIVE. Yosef if you follow them lacks INFLUENCE.

YOU know that they are LIARS.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59749 Oct 7, 2013
Source of quote below is the BBC. Do you know what BBC means Eric and Frijoles?

Tell me about the lack of INFLUENCE of Yosef,now.

Shame on YOU, go back to your masters and tell them that you have been exposed and you need to change strategy.

Understand, Yosef's death has been COVERED and done so QUICKLY.

"Several hundred thousand people have attended the funeral in Jerusalem of influential Rabbi Ovadia Yosef."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59750 Oct 7, 2013
Sorry, girls.

This is the link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-2...
Eric

Elk Grove Village, IL

#59751 Oct 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Jews had lost "one of the WISEST men of this generation."
That is the Israeli PM speaking, above.
What is YOUR understanding of the Prime Minister's words?
Keep in mind that the DECEIVERS here try as usual to DECEIVE. Yosef if you follow them lacks INFLUENCE.
YOU know that they are LIARS.
Damn't Hugh, what do you want. I am not going to respect someone who said the things that he did. I think for my self. He is not MY Rabbi. I only have 2. If Netanyahu liked him in Israel, that fine. He had to be referring to the Jews of Israel because no one in the US knew of him. He was a typical Israeli Orthodox Rabbi all of whom I can't stand. Name one thing that he did for the US Jews. I bet you can't because we were outside his sphere of influence. Give us a quote from an American non-Orthodox Jew about him.

Would you rather that I sing his praise knowing what he said?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59752 Oct 7, 2013
More coverage of his death.

"Rabbi Ovadia Yosef was a religious GIANT with an IMMENSE following. "

In the minds of the DECEIVERS i.e. Eric, Frijoles et.al. this GIANT with IMMENSE following was not influential.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/20...

Source--"The Christian Science Monitor" which "is an international news organization that delivers thoughtful, global coverage via its website, weekly magazine, daily news"
Eric

Elk Grove Village, IL

#59753 Oct 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Sorry, girls.
This is the link.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-2...
Do you see one comment from a non-Israeli in the whole article? The only non-Israeli comment is from the Pres. of the Palestinian Authority which was negative as one might expect. He just wasn't important outside of Israel.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59754 Oct 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn't Hugh, what do you want. I am not going to respect someone who said the things that he did. I think for my self. He is not MY Rabbi. I only have 2. If Netanyahu liked him in Israel, that fine. He had to be referring to the Jews of Israel because no one in the US knew of him. He was a typical Israeli Orthodox Rabbi all of whom I can't stand. Name one thing that he did for the US Jews. I bet you can't because we were outside his sphere of influence. Give us a quote from an American non-Orthodox Jew about him.
Would you rather that I sing his praise knowing what he said?
Eric---I am NOT going to respect someone who said the things that he did

Hugh--- You are WRONG, Eric. I say, RESPECT is due to the man as a LEADER in Israel BUT you should NEVER agree with his nastiness and you should call it what it is.

Keep focus though, the issue is NOT one of respect it is a matter of INFLUENCE.

I shall be posting more words from other sources about the man.
Eric

Elk Grove Village, IL

#59755 Oct 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---I am NOT going to respect someone who said the things that he did
Hugh--- You are WRONG, Eric. I say, RESPECT is due to the man as a LEADER in Israel BUT you should NEVER agree with his nastiness and you should call it what it is.
I shall be posting more words from other sources about the man.
I want to see statements about his influence outside of Israel. He had none. All of your articles speak of his presence in Israel. The vast vast majority of US Jews never heard of him.
Eric

Elk Grove Village, IL

#59756 Oct 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

There you have it Hugh--Leader in Israel--your own words. Leader in Israel. Even you won't say he was a leader of the Jews worldwide. Because he wasn't.

Thank you for finally admitting that his sphere of influence was restricted to Israel alone. If he was a worldwide leader, YOU would have said so.

Again, show us his influence outside of Israel. You haven't done it yet. If it's not being printed in his Eulogies, it's not going to be printed at all.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59757 Oct 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see one comment from a non-Israeli in the whole article? The only non-Israeli comment is from the Pres. of the Palestinian Authority which was negative as one might expect. He just wasn't important outside of Israel.
What is it that you are not understanding, Eric.

I quoted from the BBC UK site. Tell me the meaning of BBC and also UK.

Are you saying that when I hear the news hear in Jamaica it means that it is not being covered in Jamaica? The same argument for BBC UK.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59758 Oct 7, 2013
hear=here
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59759 Oct 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to see statements about his influence outside of Israel. He had none. All of your articles speak of his presence in Israel. The vast vast majority of US Jews never heard of him.
When the scales fall from your eyes don't glue them back on.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59760 Oct 7, 2013
The fact of international coverage no doubt,in your mind, means he was a nobody.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#59761 Oct 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Come now, a hundred dollar fine is hardly a gun to ones head. Your rhetoric is bombastic.
So, is citrate different from citric acid or is citrate a derivative of citric acid?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59762 Oct 7, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
There you have it Hugh--Leader in Israel--your own words. Leader in Israel. Even you won't say he was a leader of the Jews worldwide. Because he wasn't.
Thank you for finally admitting that his sphere of influence was restricted to Israel alone. If he was a worldwide leader, YOU would have said so.
Again, show us his influence outside of Israel. You haven't done it yet. If it's not being printed in his Eulogies, it's not going to be printed at all.
You keep missing the real points. In the post in question the points were RESPECT and calling WRONG wrong.

In terms of your "Even you won't say he was a leader of the Jews worldwide" I shall let the POLITICAL leader of Israel address that point.

Note the quote and his words carefully. " Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said JEWS had lost "one of the WISEST men of this generation."

To me based on my Jamaican education I would say that those words tell me that the PM's words mean that Yosef was a WORLD leader among the Jewish people.

I have no doubt that based on your American education you would take his words to apply only to Jews in Israel.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59763 Oct 7, 2013
too much distraction. I shall be searching at least for the next few days.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59764 Oct 7, 2013
Source: CNN

What is CNN?

"Israel mourns prominent rabbi's death"

http://edition.cnn.com/video/...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#59765 Oct 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
The fact of international coverage no doubt,in your mind, means he was a nobody.
Why are you so worked up by a mere rabbi no matter how important he was among orthodox Jewry?

In a universal sense, the rabbi's views and his teachings, even if they faithfully reflect the teachings of the Tanach, are insignificant and carry not the least importance since the reality works along other lines of action.

In what way can he influence history or take the evolution forward?

In what way does know about the deeper truths of nature and self?

When even so-called greats like Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus are considered ordinary guys from a deep spiritual point of view, so why bother with the rabbi who cannot contribute a mite to the progress of human society nor can he make his life a success except in a negative sense for which he'll have to pay a heavy price in terms of the cause-effect mechanism.

For all you know Abraham, Moses, Jesus and David must be suffering in the disembodied state for all the evil and mistruths they indulged in and yes even a cursory analysis of the Tanach and NT reveals that these characters were evil and dysfunctional men.

Remember, no one rewards or punishes anyone - these are all childish ideas given to people with a low intelligence by the likes of Moses, Abraham, Jesus and Muhammad.

Reward and punishment are childish terms.

Cause-effect is the only universal mechanism at work in energy, matter and consciousness on any plane of existence.

The causal mechanism determines the evolutionary or devolutionary status of an individual entity.

Ok, Bible freak?

Improve yourself.
nutjobs here

Kfar Saba, Israel

#59766 Oct 7, 2013
Rav Ovadia Yossef was the spiritual leader of Shas a Sephardi Religious political party in Israel.
He was a known figure in Israel either for his leadership or sometimes crazy comments.
I grew up Orthodox Ashkenas and he had no influence at all on my community nor 99% of the similar ones inside or outside Israel. I do have Sephardi friends who continuously voted for his party and followed his words closely.
His party voted for the Oslo Accord which led to thousands of Israeli civilian murders.

While he was a well known figure inside Israel, outside the country the majority probably have not heard his name before. Most Jews in the world are not orthodox and most Jews out of Israel have no real connection to the religion.

Not sure what this whole argument here seems to be about but noone can doubt that he is considered one of the greatest Rabbis of our time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There are two words that describe Liberals 1 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 7
Why is this topix forum dying? 3 hr nice job lefties 12
Filibuster: Is turn-about fair play. 4 hr I voted did you 91
Congrats Darren Wilson 5 hr VinceBob Sucks 10
executive orders by presidents comparison 6 hr nice job lefties 32
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 18 hr Commander Bunny 213
Bad housing numbers: blame Clinton, environuts 23 hr I voted did you 6
Richvale Dating
Find my Match

Richvale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Richvale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richvale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:00 pm PST