Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72041 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52934 May 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, does one need the permission of a rabbi to make such a pronouncement?
Anyone is free to label a cult or practice barbaric after study.
Where Judaism is concerned its sky-high barbarism, as seen in its teachings and practices, is visible even to a cursory reader.
I have not been impressed with your "study" of Judaism, to put it charitably.

Who said anything about Rabbis? Are you joining Hughbe strangely bizarre and utterly creepy Jihad against Rabbis? If so, what are your motivations? I am sure you dont want save my soul.
Voluntarist

United States

#52935 May 21, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Figures.
Third time:
Do you avail yourself of some of the services I listed?
(You must be ashamed to say just how many services you do utilize but don't think you should have to pay for - correct?
And you never told me why you pay your taxes? Pragmatism?)
I pay gas tax through the purchase of gasoline, the others you listed are either not necessary or wouldn't apply to me.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52936 May 21, 2013
Sorry Hughbe

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/21/you_are_less_...

You are less beautiful than you think
Dove's viral video gets it wrong: Psychological research says we're not as attractive as we'd like to believe
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52937 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Sorry Hughbe
http://www.salon.com/2013/05/21/you_are_less_...
You are less beautiful than you think
Dove's viral video gets it wrong: Psychological research says we're not as attractive as we'd like to believe
Poor Huggy.

I had a feeling this might be the case.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52938 May 21, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay gas tax through the purchase of gasoline, the others you listed are either not necessary or wouldn't apply to me.
If you have a cell phone you pay tax as well.

Unless you steal, you pay sales tax on retail as well.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52939 May 21, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay gas tax through the purchase of gasoline, the others you listed are either not necessary or wouldn't apply to me.
you're missing a whole slew of services that you either use, will use or have used that you don't think you should have to pay for

you're kidding yourself but not us
Voluntarist

United States

#52940 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a cell phone you pay tax as well.
Unless you steal, you pay sales tax on retail as well.
True, all through force.
Voluntarist

United States

#52941 May 21, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
you're missing a whole slew of services that you either use, will use or have used that you don't think you should have to pay for
you're kidding yourself but not us
Like?

I dont have a choice to eat un-inspected meat.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52942 May 21, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
True, all through force.
yes, but you benefit from the services provided regardless, which I believe may have been FR's point.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52943 May 21, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Like?
I dont have a choice to eat un-inspected meat.
water sewer trash pick up mom's soc sec check mom's medicare libraries police fire military coast guard Smithsonian ambulance air travel gps etc

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52944 May 21, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Like?
I dont have a choice to eat un-inspected meat.
As you shouldnt. We would rather not contract a nasty disease from you just because you decided to eat un-inspected meat.

By the way, I dont think un- is the proper term. I think it is non-. How can you un-inspect something?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52945 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I have not been impressed with your "study" of Judaism, to put it charitably.
You're a bigot who's amply impressed by the sadistic teachings of faith.

As I said, even a cursory reading of the Tanakh with its genocides, slavery, wars, curses, abuses, threats, human/animal sacrifices, stoning to death, fanaticism and the like places it among the most evil scriptures.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#52946 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
As you shouldnt. We would rather not contract a nasty disease from you just because you decided to eat un-inspected meat.
By the way, I dont think un- is the proper term. I think it is non-. How can you un-inspect something?
A couple of free services he may have missed: education and libraries.

I did a semester at Easter CT State College (now University).

Willimantic is a town you could easily skip in your travels.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52947 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Who said anything about Rabbis?

Are you joining Hughbe strangely bizarre and utterly creepy Jihad against Rabbis?
The priestly class of all religions suck.

I am not interested in dogmatists, fanatics and ritualists.

With me the direct experiences of the reality in their gross and subtle dimensions constitute everything and of course enslavement to a vile or non-vile being as the case may be is the height of limitation and the source of bigotry.

Even right I was lying down trying to open up to the higher force that is, in its activated form, bearing down on me since evening....these force descents with their attendant signs have become so spontaneous with me....

Reality is realization, not ritual nor talk nor scripture nor blood sacrifice nor genuflecting before a savage being nor head bowing.

Direct experience and realization are everything.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52948 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I am sure you dont want save my soul.
Soul?

What do you mean by soul? Is it the life force?

LOL.

What is the life-force?

LOL.

How does the life-force act in matter?

LOL.

If soul is the life-force then you're as ignorant as the patriarchs of the Tanakh.

LOL.

Saving a soul - LOL.

No one can save another.

Each one is responsible for his own actions.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52949 May 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you joining Hughbe strangely bizarre and utterly creepy Jihad against Rabbis?
In so many ways, both Hugh and you stand on the same footing where ignorance and fanaticism are concerned.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52950 May 21, 2013
typo

With me the direct experiences of the reality in ITS gross and subtle dimensions constitute everything

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52951 May 21, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I did a semester at Easter CT State College (now University).
I thought you were an alum of Harvard and not the lowly Easter CT State College even though it was for a semester.

(smiles)

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52952 May 21, 2013
Un-inspected and non-inspected both mean the same thing which is "not inspected".....

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52953 May 21, 2013
Mmmm as an afterthought, the prefix "un" indicates to me an undoing of something, a kind of reverse action. Uncover, unveil, undo, etc. Anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump to be DEPOSED for Sexual Assault Civil LA... 6 hr Godfrey 8
Voter Suppression in Alabama is Cause for Feder... 6 hr Godfrey 8
Jeremy Hoptowit Rape Case Information-Hoping fo... (Jan '09) 7 hr chico anonymous 14
Desperate FOX Fake News wants to make Mueller t... 8 hr BowlMovementsKlan 9
Trump Increasingly Unhinged 9 hr Dave 4
Trump is DRUGGED UP and Slurring his words! 9 hr ROBO SLURRING DON 1
Another Day - Another CNN Admission they Lied a... 10 hr PHOENIXFirstBothT... 3

Richvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richvale Mortgages