Where McDonald's wages start near $15 an hour

Posted in the Richvale Forum

Comments (Page 28)

Showing posts 541 - 560 of868
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Magalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#549
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst recession since the great depression?
Is Bush still in office???
Bernanke giving $85 billion, of money out of thin air, a month to Wall St.
Why would that be? nicoliar.
>
>
The deeper the hole the longer it takes to get out of it and bush the w and the conservative stooges got us into a deep, deep hole before they skipped town...
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Magalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#550
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
"It’s time to gore another collectivist sacred cow. This time it’s the popular idea that the successful are obliged to “give back to the community.” That oft-heard claim assumes that the wealth of high-earners is taken away from “the community.” And beneath that lies the perverted Marxist notion that wealth is accumulated by “exploiting” people, not by creating value–as if Henry Ford was not necessary for Fords to roll off the (non-existent) assembly lines and Steve Jobs was not necessary for iPhones and iPads to spring into existence.
Let’s begin by stripping away the collectivism.“The community” never gave anyone anything. The “community,” the “society,” the “nation” is just a number of interacting individuals, not a mystical entity floating in a cloud above them. And when some individual person–a parent, a teacher, a customer–”gives” something to someone else, it is not an act of charity, but a trade for value received in return.
For their enormous contributions to our standard of living, the high-earners should be thanked and publicly honored. We are in their debt.
Here’s a modest proposal. Anyone who earns a million dollars or more should be exempt from all income taxes. Yes, it’s too little. And the real issue is not financial, but moral. So to augment the tax-exemption, in an annual public ceremony, the year’s top earner should be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Imagine the effect on our culture, particularly on the young, if the kind of fame and adulation bathing Lady Gaga attached to the more notable achievements of say, Warren Buffett. Or if the moral praise showered on Mother Teresa went to someone like Lloyd Blankfein, who, in guiding Goldman Sachs toward billions in profits, has done infinitely more for mankind.(Since profit is the market value of the product minus the market value of factors used, profit represents the value created.)
Instead, we live in a culture where Goldman Sachs is smeared as “a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity.” That’s for the sin of successful investing, channeling savings to their most productive uses, instead of wasting them on government boondoggles like Solyndra and bridges to nowhere."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/harrybinswanger/2...
>
>
Henry Ford could not have even built the "assembly lines" let alone the cars without the wrench wielding masses, but at least Ford was smart enough to pay what in his day was considered to be a decent wage...

Steve Jobs would have been picking apples in an orchard were it not for the slave labor of the chinese masses assembling the iPhones and the iPads, and....

Of course we will not mention that absolutely nothing on your post would have been possible had the evil government not built the roads, bridges, dams etc and protected everyone from all enemies, foreign and domestic, but I will wager that...

the Koch brothers et al are just tickled green knowing there are people like Harry Binswanger and you who are so willing to brownnose them...
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#551
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
Let’s begin by stripping away the collectivism.“The community” never gave anyone anything. The “community,” the “society,” the “nation” is just a number of interacting individuals, not a mystical entity floating in a cloud above them. And when some individual person–a parent, a teacher, a customer–”gives” something to someone else, it is not an act of charity, but a trade for value received in return.
For their enormous contributions to our standard of living, the high-earners should be thanked and publicly honored. We are in their debt.
And there's your philosophy in a nutshell. It's every man for himself, dog eat dog, survival of the fittest. The 'government' just gets in the way of 'natural law'. It's the adolescent aynrandian idea that we should bow at the feet of the plutocrats.

You're in the wrong country, Sam. We had a Revolution because we were fed up with the aristocrats in Europe pushing us around. The Constitution is NOT libertarian. The Founding Fathers set up a government promoting freedom, equality, AND 'the general welfare'.

This type of libertarianism celebrates greed, selfishness, and a total lack of concern for the society as a whole. It's a philosophy that is unproven in our world. Show us a truly libertarian country.

On the other hand, we have great examples of countries that combine democracy and capitalism-- while also promoting the rights of ALL of their people, not just the plutocrats. These countries include Sweden, Netherlands, Canada, Norway, and even Australia. These are strong, prosperous, well-educated, and happy countries.

Libertarians often suggest that if we just let them make our country libertarian everything would be great. Most of us are not willing to double down on an unproven, extremist philosophy.
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#552
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Our country has already shown what libertarian ideals will do to us.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Evolution-of...

"The tipping point has come and our government is now merely a shell to hide the names of the corporate overlords making the decisions. These de facto rulers are moved only to widen the gap between themselves and everyone else by increasing their own control and disempowering and impoverishing everyone else. "Everyone else" includes the owners of small corporate businesses.

Those who have the largest organizations and the most resources on day one of the new Libertarian system will use their wealth to monopolize resources and collude to prevent smaller businesses from growing and competing. There will be no countervailing force empowered to prevent this behavior and large enough to succeed.

Then there is the effect on the economy of the Libertarian agenda. With more people than jobs, labor will not be able to put upward pressure on wages. Most wages will be lower than subsistence. Putting aside the social chaos that ensues when people are earning less than they need to live and have nothing to lose, the Libertarian prescription can't possibly bring in the prosperity they predict.

Since so many people will have no disposable income, the demand side of the economy will crash and there will be a depression. If you think the economy is bad now, you can't imagine what it would look like without a minimum wage "regulation". Small businesses will be the first to collapse as their customers are forced to stop spending."

But apparently, in Sam's religion, this would all be fine because it's just the natural order of things. Well, not in America, Sam. I hear that there's little taxation and not many rules in Somalia. You should move there.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Magalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#553
Sep 20, 2013
 

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#554
Sep 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Henry Ford could not have even built the "assembly lines" let alone the cars without the wrench wielding masses, but at least Ford was smart enough to pay what in his day was considered to be a decent wage...
Steve Jobs would have been picking apples in an orchard were it not for the slave labor of the chinese masses assembling the iPhones and the iPads, and....
Of course we will not mention that absolutely nothing on your post would have been possible had the evil government not built the roads, bridges, dams etc and protected everyone from all enemies, foreign and domestic, but I will wager that...
the Koch brothers et al are just tickled green knowing there are people like Harry Binswanger and you who are so willing to brownnose them...
But you are of course wrong. Without entrepreneurs we would still be digging for roots in the dirt, trying to kill something to eat, freezing in the dark and have a life expectancy of 35.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#555
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations! You couldn't make a stupider comment.
Yes a liberal is not smart enough to understand facts

Conservatives own the vast majority of business that have not closed

The vast majority of the rich are fiscally conservative

The vast majority of the poor are liberals

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#556
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
The deeper the hole the longer it takes to get out of it and bush the w and the conservative stooges got us into a deep, deep hole before they skipped town...
Oslama keeps digging

Just like you........

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#557
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
Henry Ford could not have even built the "assembly lines" let alone the cars without the wrench wielding masses, but at least Ford was smart enough to pay what in his day was considered to be a decent wage...

Steve Jobs would have been picking apples in an orchard were it not for the slave labor of the chinese masses assembling the iPhones and the iPads, and....

Of course we will not mention that absolutely nothing on your post would have been possible had the evil government not built the roads, bridges, dams etc and protected everyone from all enemies, foreign and domestic, but I will wager that...

the Koch brothers et al are just tickled green knowing there are people like Harry Binswanger and you who are so willing to brownnose them...
When the liberals and the unions showed up the employes of Ford took a cut in pay
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#558
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are of course wrong. Without entrepreneurs we would still be digging for roots in the dirt, trying to kill something to eat, freezing in the dark and have a life expectancy of 35.
>
>
Without the diggers, the hunters, the wood gatherers and witch doctors there would be no exploiting "entrepreneurs.''

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#559
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
And there's your philosophy in a nutshell. It's every man for himself, dog eat dog, survival of the fittest. The 'government' just gets in the way of 'natural law'. It's the adolescent aynrandian idea that we should bow at the feet of the plutocrats.
You're in the wrong country, Sam. We had a Revolution because we were fed up with the aristocrats in Europe pushing us around. The Constitution is NOT libertarian. The Founding Fathers set up a government promoting freedom, equality, AND 'the general welfare'.
This type of libertarianism celebrates greed, selfishness, and a total lack of concern for the society as a whole. It's a philosophy that is unproven in our world. Show us a truly libertarian country.
On the other hand, we have great examples of countries that combine democracy and capitalism-- while also promoting the rights of ALL of their people, not just the plutocrats. These countries include Sweden, Netherlands, Canada, Norway, and even Australia. These are strong, prosperous, well-educated, and happy countries.
Libertarians often suggest that if we just let them make our country libertarian everything would be great. Most of us are not willing to double down on an unproven, extremist philosophy.
What are you on about? The writer was stating that without corporations like Walmart there would be many more unemployed people in our country and that the employees of such companies should be grateful for their jobs. And the fact that the collective has nothing to do with a successful business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#560
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tea Party Solution wrote:
But apparently, in Sam's religion, this would all be fine because it's just the natural order of things. Well, not in America, Sam. I hear that there's little taxation and not many rules in Somalia. You should move there.
Your article is an opinion piece based on so many Progressive fallacies. You would be better served to spend your time reading actual works on economics rather than some Progressive writer who knows not of what she speaks.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#561
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
Without the diggers, the hunters, the wood gatherers and witch doctors there would be no exploiting "entrepreneurs.''
Caught in another lie
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#562
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tea Party Solution wrote:
Our country has already shown what libertarian ideals will do to us.
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Evolution-of...
"The tipping point has come and our government is now merely a shell to hide the names of the corporate overlords making the decisions. These de facto rulers are moved only to widen the gap between themselves and everyone else by increasing their own control and disempowering and impoverishing everyone else. "Everyone else" includes the owners of small corporate businesses.
Those who have the largest organizations and the most resources on day one of the new Libertarian system will use their wealth to monopolize resources and collude to prevent smaller businesses from growing and competing. There will be no countervailing force empowered to prevent this behavior and large enough to succeed.
Then there is the effect on the economy of the Libertarian agenda. With more people than jobs, labor will not be able to put upward pressure on wages. Most wages will be lower than subsistence. Putting aside the social chaos that ensues when people are earning less than they need to live and have nothing to lose, the Libertarian prescription can't possibly bring in the prosperity they predict.
Since so many people will have no disposable income, the demand side of the economy will crash and there will be a depression. If you think the economy is bad now, you can't imagine what it would look like without a minimum wage "regulation". Small businesses will be the first to collapse as their customers are forced to stop spending."
But apparently, in Sam's religion, this would all be fine because it's just the natural order of things. Well, not in America, Sam. I hear that there's little taxation and not many rules in Somalia. You should move there.
Not gonna happen there lil teepee.......but rather than try to change our economic system, perhaps you should move to a socialist/communist country like Cuba or China. You would fit in quite well in either of those places.....until you whined about their economic systems.....and then the elitists that run those Countries would cut your nuts off.
You should enjoy your loudmouthed freedoms here while they last.....because unless you are at the top of the food chain (when or if you were to be successful in changing our Country over to socialism), your kind would be neutered very quickly.
In other words.....watch out for what you ask for........
Suggested reading for you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebel_Without_a_...
and also:
Some People Never Grow Up
http://www.searchquotes.com/search/Some_Peopl...
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#563
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you on about? The writer was stating that without corporations like Walmart there would be many more unemployed people in our country and that the employees of such companies should be grateful for their jobs. And the fact that the collective has nothing to do with a successful business.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The so-called 'collective' is society as a whole. Yes, in our society we applaud and liberally compensate those who've built successful businesses and corporations. That's capitalism and I'm all for it. I've been self-employed for 30 years.

Would we actually have less jobs if we didn't have Walmart? In our capitalistic society there would certainly appear many other stores to take Walmart's place, and they would hire workers.

You said, "The collective has nothing to do with a successful business." Well, we the collective build and maintain roads, bridges, and ports-- the infrastructure-- which makes it possible for a Walmart to exist. We the collective supply the schools and teachers to educate our children and prepare them to work at Apple, at engineering firms, at architectural firms, and in all the other fields.

We the collective provide the police and fire departments which protect businesses. We supply the mighty military to defend our country, and its businesses, from foreign attack and takeovers. We supply the power to protect our businesses' property and patent rights overseas.

If workers should be "grateful for their jobs", then employers should be grateful for having literate and educated workers to choose from. And these companies should be grateful for the infrastructure, and for all the protections that the collective has provided them.
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#564
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gonna happen there lil teepee.......but rather than try to change our economic system, perhaps you should move to a socialist/communist country like Cuba or China.
Every developed country features a mixture of socialism and capitalism and democracy. Even China now fosters capitalism, although it's more like the kind of capitalism that we had during the late 1800's, the Gilded Age. It's pretty ugly, and seems to be the kind of society you righties would like to bring us.

If you had read my posts you'd see that I view nations such as Canada, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Australia as good examples of strong and successful democratic/socialistic/capital istic societies. NOT Cuba or China.
Tea Party Solution

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#565
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
Your article is an opinion piece based on so many Progressive fallacies. You would be better served to spend your time reading actual works on economics rather than some Progressive writer who knows not of what she speaks.
YOUR article "is an opinion piece based on so many LIBERTARIAN fallacies". It certainly was not an actual economics work.

And the majority of real economists do not subscribe to the Austrian School armchair philosophy of economics.

Nor do they run to the simplistic fictions of Ayn Rand to solve complex economic problems.
Local

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#566
Sep 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Every developed country features a mixture of socialism and capitalism and democracy. Even China now fosters capitalism, although it's more like the kind of capitalism that we had during the late 1800's, the Gilded Age. It's pretty ugly, and seems to be the kind of society you righties would like to bring us.
If you had read my posts you'd see that I view nations such as Canada, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Australia as good examples of strong and successful democratic/socialistic/capital istic societies. NOT Cuba or China.
Puuuullllease lil teepee.
Oh ya those great nations.....Sweden and the Netherlands et. al.
Aren't those the great strong nations who are hiding under their desks on the Syrian problem?
They are so successful and strong that they left your hero nobama with his dick in his hand at the U.N. meetings on Syria.
Isn't that special?
Sweden, the netherlands and others have it pretty good. They take care of themselves and let the U.S. take care of the world's problems.....
There is only one problem with that........the U.S. is war weary and broke.......we are broke because we paid the world's price to do what needed to be done........and now, it is time for your "successful and strong" nations to step up to the plate.......but they are too busy hiding, ducking and dodging responsibility.....for anything.....but themselves.
How would you characterize that kind of behavior?
Selfishly socialist?
lmao..........grow up.

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#568
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called 'collective' is society as a whole. Yes, in our society we applaud and liberally compensate those who've built successful businesses and corporations. That's capitalism and I'm all for it. I've been self-employed for 30 years.
The collective compensates successful businesses? Individuals of their own free will compensate business for products or services that they deem to be of value to them. There is no collective when it comes to capitalism.
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Would we actually have less jobs if we didn't have Walmart? In our capitalistic society there would certainly appear many other stores to take Walmart's place, and they would hire workers.
You really should try to read more carefully or improve your reading comprehension before you reply. That way you won’t look so silly.
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, "The collective has nothing to do with a successful business." Well, we the collective build and maintain roads, bridges, and ports-- the infrastructure-- which makes it possible for a Walmart to exist. We the collective supply the schools and teachers to educate our children and prepare them to work at Apple, at engineering firms, at architectural firms, and in all the other fields.
We are not a collective. The government takes our money by force and spends it where they decide to spend it. The tax payers have no choice in the matter. Private businesses will build their own infrastructure where and when they need to. By your definition Walmart would be part of the collective since they pay taxes.
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
If workers should be "grateful for their jobs", then employers should be grateful for having literate and educated workers to choose from. And these companies should be grateful for the infrastructure, and for all the protections that the collective has provided them.
I would be a little more cautious if I were you when it comes to our education system turning out literate graduates. The real education any employee gains that benefits the employer is on the job education provided by their employer.

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#569
Sep 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had read my posts you'd see that I view nations such as Canada, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Australia as good examples of strong and successful democratic/socialistic/capital istic societies. NOT Cuba or China.
It is funny that you list countries, all except the Netherlands, that are ranked higher than the U.S for economic freedom. Which means these countries are less socialistic than the U.S.

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 541 - 560 of868
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Richvale Discussions

Search the Richvale Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why is Obama afraid of Putin? 6 min Glo Bull Warming LOL 472
Chico City Council to give IAFF notice 22 min ken 34
Nevada ranch owner proves a point! 24 min Glo Bull Warming LOL 26
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 38 min The Dog 15,656
Why can't repubicans propose solutions instead ... 40 min Glo Bull Warming LOL 22
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 65,002
black roofing tar at this hour? 8 hr tighsee 2
•••
•••
•••
Richvale Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Richvale Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Richvale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••