10 worst places to retire: California...

10 worst places to retire: California worst

Posted in the Richvale Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#1 Nov 11, 2013
The expensive cost of living and high taxes make these places unattractive retirement spots.

Out of the top ten worst places to retire, California has the dubious distinction of 5 out of the top ten worst.

http://money.msn.com/retirement/10-worst-plac...

Nice job lefties.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#2 Nov 11, 2013
^
^
We see you still live in California, if you don't like it move the F out or STFU!
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#3 Nov 11, 2013
lol
Male lefties can be so emmotional in a very feminine way sometimes.
It is almost like they are in a menstrual cycle.

bwahahahahahahaha

On topic:
Here i why California is so broke and the fees/taxes are so high.

Don't cut government services…
Don't raise taxes…

Fix Pensions First!

http://www.fixpensionsfirst.com/

Viewpoints: When it comes to pensions, we can’t afford to party like it’s 1999
Salary ‘spiking’ drains public pension funds, analysis finds
Viewpoints: California must address leaks in budget before raising taxes
Daniel Borenstein: Public-pension fund assumptions put future generations at financial risk

California's $100K Pension Club--nearl 30,000 people and rising
http://www.fixpensionsfirst.com/100k-pension-...

THE TOP 10 LIST
Name Monthly Annual Employer
Johnson, Michael, D $30,920.24 $371,042.88 County Of Solano
Hurst, Robert $27,377.08 $328,524.96 Jrs San Diego County Superior Court
Fuster, Joaquin, M $26,226.08 $314,712.96 University Of California At Los Angeles
Gerth, Donald, R $24,590.52 $295,086.24 California State University At Sacramento
Garrett, William $24,129.46 $289,553.52 City Of El Cajon
Ream, David, N $23,375.33 $280,503.96 City Of Santa Ana
Stahl, James, F $23,289.98 $279,479.76 Los Angeles County Sanitation District No. 2
Schlag, John, D $22,604.16 $271,249.92 University Of California At Los Angeles
Southard, Glenn, D $22,596.42 $271,157.04 City Of Indio
Adams, Randy, G $22,347.94 $268,175.28 City Of Bell

http://www.fixpensionsfirst.com/calpers2012/
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#4 Nov 11, 2013
more Ca. public employee pension abuse:

receive pensions in excess of $100,000
from CalSTRS
THE TOP 10 LIST
Name Monthly Annual Employer
Enochs, James C $25,172.01 $302,064.12 Modesto City Elementary
Bray, Richard E $24,954.95 $299,459.40 Tustin Unified
Wentworth, Fredrick $24,683.76 $296,205.12 San Joaquin County Office Of Education
Hernandez Jr, Edward $24,334.99 $292,019.88 Rancho Santiago Ccd
Shattuck, Virginia J $24,026.22 $288,314.64 Norwalk-La Mirada Unified
Jaque-Anton, Donnalyn E $23,466.87 $281,602.44 Lausd
Smith, James F $23,072.96 $276,875.52 Evergreen Elementary
Rainey, Susan J $22,583.08 $270,996.96 Riverside Unified
Miller, Marilyn L $22,386.55 $268,638.60 Hillsborough City Elementary
Vandermolen, Johanna A $22,260.10 $267,121.20 Campbell Union
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#5 Nov 11, 2013
Worker

Chico, CA

#6 Nov 11, 2013
Yep, this is correct. It is also one of the reasons people who retire move to Butte County. People work in California for the high wages and pensions. They accumulate all that money over a lifetime and then retire in a less expensive area (or state) bringing with them all that money saved. A lifetime savings on that fixed income is much more affordable when spent in the lowest cost state. And the lowest cost state usually is self perpetuating: limited spending on education, health and dental care, roads. So the only people that live there are old retirees and younger people who cannot afford to live anywhere else. Because education spending is limited anyone with half a brain leaves the state coalescing and crystallizing the brain drain.

So yeah. California is the most expensive. Everyone lives here and everyone wants to unless you're on a fixed income. And even then you try your hardest. So ou move from high income high expense areas like the Bay Area, retire, and move to less expensive but still California areas like Butte County.

Why is this shocking to anyone in Butte County?
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#7 Nov 11, 2013
retired University of California Employees
receive pensions in excess of $100,000
from the University of California Retirement Plan
They're all listed here.
http://www.fixpensionsfirst.com/uc2012/
THE TOP 10 LIST
Name Monthly Annual Employer
Marcus, Marvin $28,112.18 $337,346.16 Los Angeles
Vaziri, Nosratola D $25,693.34 $308,320.08 Irvine
Gray, Joe W $25,321.33 $303,855.96 Lbnl
Marshall, Lawrence F $23,980.16 $287,761.92 San Diego
Disaia, Philip J $23,963.29 $287,559.48 Irvine
Donald, Paul J $23,938.20 $287,258.40 Davis
Nalcioglu, Orhan $23,622.76 $283,473.12 Irvine
Lehrer, Robert I $22,710.76 $272,529.12 Los Angeles
Miller, George H $22,506.26 $270,075.12 Llnl
Miller, Ronald D $22,131.96 $265,583.52 San Francisco

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8 Nov 24, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
^
^
We see you still live in California, if you don't like it move the F out or STFU!
Not everyone gets a section 8 home like you do

Let alone the welfare checks and food stamps
Jazz

United States

#9 Nov 24, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone gets a section 8 home like you do
Let alone the welfare checks and food stamps
Tell that wife of hours to keep her hands off my husband.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10 Nov 24, 2013
Jazz wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that wife of hours to keep her hands off my husband.
Who's wife??
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#11 Nov 25, 2013
What a bunch of morons. People work their whole career for less than people in private industry make doing like work and they take what they would have been paid and it's their retirement.

I'd gladly give up my pension if you cry -babies would pay me the difference between what I was paid and what workers doing similar work got.

Oh, and don't forget the compounded interest.

You got off easy and now you want to break your promise, see you in court!

Back on topic, California is so expensive because the rich keep raising, driving up prices.

And taxes here would be lower if Caulifornia wasn't supporting so many red states.

Capitalism man, capitalism!
Local

Lucerne, CA

#12 Nov 27, 2013
The right is wrong wrote:
What a bunch of morons. People work their whole career for less than people in private industry make doing like work and they take what they would have been paid and it's their retirement.
I'd gladly give up my pension if you cry -babies would pay me the difference between what I was paid and what workers doing similar work got.
Oh, and don't forget the compounded interest.
You got off easy and now you want to break your promise, see you in court!
Back on topic, California is so expensive because the rich keep raising, driving up prices.
And taxes here would be lower if Caulifornia wasn't supporting so many red states.
Capitalism man, capitalism!
lol, my lil curmudgeon.
Janitors don't make nearly as much in the private sector as they do in the public sector.....and low level public employees(like you) didn't get the lifetime cadillac healthcare policies. You were probably forced on to medicare, yes?

California has the highest tax burden and one of the highests overall cost of living in the nation because california has been run by liberal democrats for almost 4 decades.

California remains in big financial trouble, due in most part to the unfunded $500 Billion owed to the hundreds of thousand of public employees who made/make 6 digit salaries and have lifetime cadillac healthcare policies.
The private sector has been screwed and is paying the bills for lazy lil twits like you.
Lord Have Mercy

Penn Valley, CA

#13 Nov 27, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, my lil curmudgeon.
Janitors don't make nearly as much in the private sector as they do in the public sector.....and low level public employees(like you) didn't get the lifetime cadillac healthcare policies. You were probably forced on to medicare, yes?
California has the highest tax burden and one of the highests overall cost of living in the nation because california has been run by liberal democrats for almost 4 decades.
California remains in big financial trouble, due in most part to the unfunded $500 Billion owed to the hundreds of thousand of public employees who made/make 6 digit salaries and have lifetime cadillac healthcare policies.
The private sector has been screwed and is paying the bills for lazy lil twits like you.
And don't forget about this...

Illegal Immigration Costs California Over Ten Billion Annually
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/immigrationnatu...

As obama stands by while being heckled by an illegal alien
http://swampland.time.com/2013/11/25/obama-en...
TWP

Wichita Falls, TX

#14 Nov 27, 2013
The right is wrong wrote:
W
I'd gladly give up my pension if you cry -babies would pay me the difference between what I was paid and what workers doing similar work got....

Caulifornia...!
Now isn't that interesting...

Old "RIW" has claimed many, MANY times to be a "Super-Rich" $MULTI-MILLIONAIRE"...!

And he is ALSO drawing a "pension" on the backs of the hard working Citizens of "Caulifornia"...?!!!

WOW...!!!

What a GREEDY, SELFISH S-O-B...!!!

Can there be ANY justification for someone drawing a "pension" on the backs of middle-class while sitting on $MILLIONS$ and $MILLIONS$ of Dollars like old "RIW" claims...?!!!

The really sad part is that old "RIW" claims a LOT of things that just don't pass the smell test...

If you know what I mean...!

Poor delusional old fool...

http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/files/2011/12...

http://www.merrystandish.com/dolanloses.html

Such a SORRY excuse for a man...!

ROTFLMAO...!!!
another one

Sacramento, CA

#15 Dec 2, 2013
TWP wrote:
<quoted text>
Now isn't that interesting...
Old "RIW" has claimed many, MANY times to be a "Super-Rich" $MULTI-MILLIONAIRE"...!
And he is ALSO drawing a "pension" on the backs of the hard working Citizens of "Caulifornia"...?!!!
WOW...!!!
What a GREEDY, SELFISH S-O-B...!!!
Can there be ANY justification for someone drawing a "pension" on the backs of middle-class while sitting on $MILLIONS$ and $MILLIONS$ of Dollars like old "RIW" claims...?!!!
The really sad part is that old "RIW" claims a LOT of things that just don't pass the smell test...
If you know what I mean...!
Poor delusional old fool...
http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/files/2011/12...
http://www.merrystandish.com/dolanloses.html
Such a SORRY excuse for a man...!
ROTFLMAO...!!!
http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/on-duty-nypd...
What a shame! This punk took the easy way out. Too bad he didn't get to do some time with bubba. LOL
TWP

Wichita Falls, TX

#16 Dec 2, 2013
another one wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame! This punk took the easy way out. Too bad he didn't get to do some time with bubba. LOL
"What a shame! This punk took the easy way out. Too bad he didn't get to do some time with bubba. LOL"
-"Baghdad Bob" Mulholland

http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/files/2011/12...

Wow...!

Instead of addressing my question about why someone like old "RIW" who claims to be worth $MILLIONS$ and $MILLIONS$ of dollars could be so SELFISH and GREEDY...

He BRAGGS about still sucking money from the pockets of hard working California Taxpayers with a PENSION that he doesn't even need...!!!

Now WHY would someone who claims to be a Super-Rich $MULTI-MILLIONAIRE$ INTENTIONALLY be hurting hard working California Tax Payers...!!!

He instead chooses to once again prove his VISCERAL, PATHOLOGICAL HATRED for Law Enforcement and Authority Figures...!

And isn't it strange that old "Baghdad Bob" once even claimed to be a Law Enforcement Officer...

Remember when old "Baghdad Bob" said:

"When I was younger and had a badge, "bad" cops were few and far between. Butt anymore, I generally don't shed a tear when I hear of one going down because odds are he's getting what he deserves."

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eureka-ca/T52...

Wow...!!!

Old "Baghdad Bob" sounds like one really screwed up old Psycho to say something so awful and hateful...!!!

Poor old fool...!

Such a sorry excuse for a man...!!!

ROTFLMAO...!!!
Not a moron like one

Lincoln, CA

#17 Dec 2, 2013
TWP wrote:
<quoted text>
"What a shame! This punk took the easy way out. Too bad he didn't get to do some time with bubba. LOL"
-"Baghdad Bob" Mulholland
http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/files/2011/12...
Wow...!
Instead of addressing my question about why someone like old "RIW" who claims to be worth $MILLIONS$ and $MILLIONS$ of dollars could be so SELFISH and GREEDY...
He BRAGGS about still sucking money from the pockets of hard working California Taxpayers with a PENSION that he doesn't even need...!!!
Now WHY would someone who claims to be a Super-Rich $MULTI-MILLIONAIRE$ INTENTIONALLY be hurting hard working California Tax Payers...!!!
He instead chooses to once again prove his VISCERAL, PATHOLOGICAL HATRED for Law Enforcement and Authority Figures...!
And isn't it strange that old "Baghdad Bob" once even claimed to be a Law Enforcement Officer...
Remember when old "Baghdad Bob" said:
"When I was younger and had a badge, "bad" cops were few and far between. Butt anymore, I generally don't shed a tear when I hear of one going down because odds are he's getting what he deserves."
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eureka-ca/T52...
Wow...!!!
Old "Baghdad Bob" sounds like one really screwed up old Psycho to say something so awful and hateful...!!!
Poor old fool...!
Such a sorry excuse for a man...!!!
ROTFLMAO...!!!
Maybe if you'd post a link to Gramps or Middle of the Road or Tea Party Solution ever saying they were worth millions you'd get an honest response.

And why won't you condemn dirty cops? People like are a bigger threat to this once great nation than the terrorists and criminals.

Just the fact that you think everyone who pimp =slaps your sorry ass is all the same person says volumes about your mental state.

"What a shame! This punk took the easy way out. Too bad he didn't get to do some time with bubba. LOL" Deal with it punk!

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#18 Dec 2, 2013
Not a moron like one wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe if you'd post a link to Gramps or Middle of the Road or Tea Party Solution ever saying they were worth millions you'd get an honest response.

And why won't you condemn dirty cops? People like are a bigger threat to this once great nation than the terrorists and criminals.

Just the fact that you think everyone who pimp =slaps your sorry ass is all the same person says volumes about your mental state.

"What a shame! This punk took the easy way out. Too bad he didn't get to do some time with bubba. LOL" Deal with it punk!
Just as soon as you can tell us what a strom is..........LOL
Not a freak like one

Sacramento, CA

#19 Dec 3, 2013
Strom: 13,200,000 results/hits on Google. Want to guess it’s meaning, take your pick.

Me, I'm leaning towards Strom Thurmond, the right wing hypocrite who boned a black lady who produced a child that he, Strom hid from the world for years.
Another One

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#20 Dec 4, 2013
Not a freak like one wrote:
Strom: 13,200,000 results/hits on Google. Want to guess it’s meaning, take your pick.
Me, I'm leaning towards Strom Thurmond, the right wing hypocrite who boned a black lady who produced a child that he, Strom hid from the world for years.
STROM is a noun and it is spreading the radiation.

Why are you too stupid to use Google when an entire 3rd grade class solved this in minutes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The TrumPANZEE base KKK/NEO NAZI voter is cryin... 35 min Godfrey 4
RepubliKLAN TrumPANZEES try to "Whitewash" Viol... 1 hr Zack Klein 3
Missouri State Sen: Assassinate Trump. 1 hr Godfrey 1
A Storm is Coming! 2 hr Godfrey 9
He is MAKING AMERICA GREAT Alright!!! 2 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 34
Trump NOT PRESIDENTIAL MATERIA 3 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 5
Healthcare Professional Seeking Short Term Hous... 4 hr Lorilink 1

Richvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richvale Mortgages