Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
197,801 - 197,820 of 200,586 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228862 Feb 7, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a legal contract. It has nothing to do with evolutionary mating behavior. But then, you've been told that many times. Same sex couples' mating behavior is irrelevant to marriage. In fact, YOU are irrelevant to marriage. What you are is a pervert.
YOU are irrelevant.
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

#228863 Feb 7, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a legal contract. It has nothing to do with evolutionary mating behavior. But then, you've been told that many times. Same sex couples' mating behavior is irrelevant to marriage. In fact, YOU are irrelevant to marriage. What you are is a pervert.
Wake up you fool. There are way more perverts in the homosexual sector than any other. There are way too many homo's in the teaching field for example as YOU can not deny, Why is this? The homo cult is bad for America.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#228865 Feb 7, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,

Mating behavior is at the very root of marriage you idiot.

You were almost right about ss couples. They are irrelevant to marriage.

Smile.

Location hidden

#228866 Feb 7, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a legal contract...
What a gay claim! The last thing straights think about when getting married is a 'legal contract'.

Go get a lawyer if you want a legal contract.

Smirk.
Shaky jake

Sierra Madre, CA

#228867 Feb 7, 2014
More phonies have tried to load on a Jake then ever before.
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#228868 Feb 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Two hotties! WOO~HOOO! Very interesting and informative thread! Glad I stopped by. Hubba Hubba! Looking good.
Ever think of going out with an old dude just for sport? I'm your man! Let me know, I'll take a shower and brush my tooth.
Why donchoo share?

Wooster, OH

#228869 Feb 7, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw...... feeling left out.... poor wittle homophobe.
(Really? That's your best shot, here?....damn.....)

Not so much........not really..........

Wooster, OH

#228870 Feb 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a gay claim! The last thing straights think about when getting married is a 'legal contract'.
Go get a lawyer if you want a legal contract.
Smirk.
...A VERY gay claim.... I mean, even for them, that's pretty gay....
Shaky jakes

Sierra Madre, CA

#228872 Feb 7, 2014
More phonies have tried to load on a Jake then ever before, what a new line of bull.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#228873 Feb 7, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so crass, the two of you are perverts. Besides....neither of you could handle us!
So true :-)

Location hidden

#228874 Feb 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,
Mating behavior is at the very root of marriage you idiot....
Most people have mated before getting married - and not just with the person they married. The root of marriage is something much more meaningful that mating. You are just flat-out-WRONG on this idea.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...You were almost right about ss couples. They are irrelevant to marriage....
In what way are they irrelevant exactly?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...Smile.
*smiling*

Location hidden

#228875 Feb 7, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people have mated before getting married - and not just with the person they married. The root of marriage is something much more meaningful that mating. You are just flat-out-WRONG on this idea.
<quoted text>
In what way are they irrelevant exactly?
<quoted text>
*smiling*
I'm sure you believe that running with a loose crowd. However, you make my point. We would be like most animals, mating with whoever, whenever were it not for marriage. Like it or not, the primary purpose of marriage is to maintain the contact between father, mother and child.

YOU, honey, are the one 'just flat-out-WRONG'.

Smirk smile.

Location hidden

#228878 Feb 7, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that fair? Not everyone is a virgin prior to marriage, not everyone runs with the wrong crowd to lose it, you don't have to be Christian to be faithful to a spouse.
Didn't claim any of those things, did I?

Smile.

Location hidden

#228879 Feb 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you believe that running with a loose crowd...Smirk smile.
I and every one else with a 3-digit IQ believes it. Please once and for all read and understand:
1) sex is not a requirement of marriage
2) marriage is not a requirement for sex
The fact that you are ENTIRELY UNABLE to get it right is pretty strong evidence of your challenged mental capacity.
And for the record, I feel blessed to 'run with the crowd' I associate it. Your immature attempt to insult them speaks for itself; sad really.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...However, you make my point. We would be like most animals, mating with whoever, whenever were it not for marriage....
Um, hello? We humans are exactly like most animals, mating with whomever we choose, whenever we choose. Even the married ones... how can you be so naive? Denial much?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
... Like it or not, the primary purpose of marriage is to maintain the contact between father, mother and child....
Not true, but you realize (don't you?!) that even if this statement were true it works for gay marriages as well. Unfortunately, this statement CANNOT possibly be true because it does not explain why the government feels any mandate whatsoever in defining or regulating marriage. Clearly the government sees a very different purpose for marriage and until they reliquish their claim regulatory rights over marriage, whatever that other purpose is will remain.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...YOU, honey, are the one 'just flat-out-WRONG'.
Smirk smile.
Smirk away and keep telling yourself whatever it is that you need to believe. If I may humbly suggest... posting the same trite message ad naseum does not improve your credibility. I know you completely disagree... really, I get it. But, try to pretend your are a lawyer and think about the topic from both sides. If you can see middle ground then you can see balance and at the very least you may find something new to discuss rather than simply copying and pasting your prior posts.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#228880 Feb 7, 2014
Us kids love the our Homosexual friends and the spaced out druggies too. Despite their tiny representation among the overall population, our Homosexual friends and the druggies are disproportionately represented in the Government controlled "news" media. Couldn't they quit trying to "get back" at Christian Russia's more enlightened Homosexual policies by stopping their "bad mouthing" long enough to report some of the Olympic games that are being hosted by our Russian non-Homosexual Christian friends? Even the lesbians are becoming annoyed.

Ronald

Wooster, OH

#228881 Feb 7, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so crass, the two of you are perverts. Besides....neither of you could handle us!
But....couldn't we all have a big time trying?
:-D

Wooster, OH

#228883 Feb 7, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
......"1) sex is not a requirement of marriage 2) marriage is not a requirement for sex"...
Perhaps, we could all try not being married?^^

Wooster, OH

#228884 Feb 7, 2014
:-D

Location hidden

#228885 Feb 7, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
I and every one else with a 3-digit IQ believes it. Please once and for all read and understand:
1) sex is not a requirement of marriage
2) marriage is not a requirement for sex
The fact that you are ENTIRELY UNABLE to get it right is pretty strong evidence of your challenged mental capacity.
And for the record, I feel blessed to 'run with the crowd' I associate it. Your immature attempt to insult them speaks for itself; sad really.
<quoted text>
Um, hello? We humans are exactly like most animals, mating with whomever we choose, whenever we choose. Even the married ones... how can you be so naive? Denial much?
<quoted text>
Not true, but you realize (don't you?!) that even if this statement were true it works for gay marriages as well. Unfortunately, this statement CANNOT possibly be true because it does not explain why the government feels any mandate whatsoever in defining or regulating marriage. Clearly the government sees a very different purpose for marriage and until they reliquish their claim regulatory rights over marriage, whatever that other purpose is will remain.
<quoted text>
Smirk away and keep telling yourself whatever it is that you need to believe. If I may humbly suggest... posting the same trite message ad naseum does not improve your credibility. I know you completely disagree... really, I get it. But, try to pretend your are a lawyer and think about the topic from both sides. If you can see middle ground then you can see balance and at the very least you may find something new to discuss rather than simply copying and pasting your prior posts.
LOL,

1. Where did I claim any of those things (Clearly a blonde 3 digit IQ...)?

2. Ah, there goes your crowd thinking again. The whole idea of marriage is fidelity. It's called adultery when you break the vow.

3. "We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner v Oklahoma

"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."- Loving v Virginia

"Our Court has not recognized a fundamental right to marry that departs in any respect from the right defined by the US Supreme Court in cases like Skinner which acknowledged that marriage is "fundamental to the very existence and survival of the [human] race" because it is the primary institution supporting procreation and child-rearing (316 US at 541; see also Zablocki, 434 US 374; Griswold, 381 US 479). The binary nature of marriage—its inclusion of one woman and one man—reflects the biological fact that human procreation cannot be accomplished without the genetic contribution of both a male and a female. Marriage creates a supportive environment for procreation to occur and the resulting offspring to be nurtured. Although plaintiffs suggest that the connection between procreation and marriage has become anachronistic because of scientific advances in assisted reproduction technology, the fact remains that the vast majority of children are conceived naturally through sexual contact between a woman and a man."- Hernandez v Robels

"It is an institution in the maintenance of which in its purity the public is deeply interested, for it is the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress. "- Maynard v Hill

4. http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit...

Blonde...

Smile.

Location hidden

#228886 Feb 7, 2014
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, we could all try not being married?^^
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old grandpa nicolai not as vocal as he used to ... 47 min TWP 3
Police officer brands Ferguson protesters 'rabi... 2 hr The right is wrong 89
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 68,989
Debate: Ferguson - Chico, CA 2 hr The right is wrong 155
Thank you firefighters. 8 hr Steve 17
The GOP Tea Bagger House Sues Obama for doing T... 10 hr Another One 6
Right is wrong claims O. North was the POTUS 10 hr Another One 13
•••
•••
Richvale Dating