Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
184,241 - 184,260 of 200,323 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay..........real slow,
If a man can marry a woman and a woman can marry a man, then who is being denied equal protection? The man or the woman?
Both, because they are not being allowed to legally marry the adult unrelated consenting spouse of their choice, in the same way that ANY heterosexual can. And this discrimination is based ONLY on gender, and not on any valid or logical state interest.

Does that help you to understand?

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Both is equal, so no diff...
So if you unlawfully discriminate against certain men and women based only on their genders, it's "equal"?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true. Look it up, if you're not too dishonest or stupid.
So what? So it means you lied. You tried to spin it that straight men have anal sex more than gay men because there are more of them. I called out your bullsh!t. Get it? Got it? Good!
And yet the majority of gay people DO NOT engage in anal sex, and a huge percentage of the straight population has tried it.

So, what's the point?

I understand that most bigots are only obsessed about what they fantasize gay MEN are doing in bed, but it still has no bearing on legal marriage.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst. There aren't many Nazis around anymore. Get some new schtick.
Those who don't learn from history ...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the majority of gay people DO NOT engage in anal sex, and a huge percentage of the straight population has tried it.
So, what's the point?
I understand that most bigots are only obsessed about what they fantasize gay MEN are doing in bed, but it still has no bearing on legal marriage.
You lie.

A majority of gay men do engage in anal sex.

A small percentage to straight s have tried anal sex.

SS couples are still only ever a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show where I have ever indicated that I want to change my orientation.
Transsexuals--people who dress in drag for sexual or other purposes--ARE NOT transgender.
And it is absolutely wrong for a parent to make decisions about their children out of a SELFISH desire to have grandchildren.
You make absolutely no sense. Your comment only shows how stupid you are and to what lengths you will go to promote lies.
When you first realized you were gay.

I slipped on the transexual term.

A parent has every right and responsibility to address and fix abnormalities if possible.

You are the one showing your ignorance. Evolution is the selfish one, not the parent. That is why ss couples are so desperate to manufacture families, even at the expense of a child.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

A parent has every right and responsibility to address and fix abnormalities if possible.
Why didnít your parents nip this whole Christianity thing in the bud then?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie.
A majority of gay men do engage in anal sex.
A small percentage to straight s have tried anal sex.
SS couples are still only ever a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.
They are full marriages and recognized on the state and federal level as married and equal in rights and protections as any other marriage.

You can have all the opinions you want, just as I can have and opinion on your sham of a marriage, but regardless of you or my opinion, they are marriedÖ. Period.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They are full marriages and recognized on the state and federal level as married and equal in rights and protections as any other marriage.
You can have all the opinions you want, just as I can have and opinion on your sham of a marriage, but regardless of you or my opinion, they are marriedÖ. Period.
Your temper tantrum denial didn't relate to my post.

SS marriage us an oxymoron.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom Of Religion. First Amendment.
Yes, Free!

Volcano worship, different pantheons of Gods and Goddesses, Islam, Scientology, Christianity, FSM, Wicca, or no religion at all, all equal under the law, and all protected from one another so one cannot exclude the other, and none can force themselves or their rules on any other.

Freedom of Religion... isnít it great?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Free!
Volcano worship, different pantheons of Gods and Goddesses, Islam, Scientology, Christianity, FSM, Wicca, or no religion at all, all equal under the law, and all protected from one another so one cannot exclude the other, and none can force themselves or their rules on any other.
Freedom of Religion... isnít it great?
You are confusing equality in expression with equality in substance. Just like you do with relationships.

No religion has a more powerful or profound impact for good than Christianity does.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your temper tantrum denial didn't relate to my post.
SS marriage us an oxymoron.
Same sex marriage is a fact

I am stating an actual fact, not an opinion, it is a fact you keep trying to avoid.

You keep trying to stray for the reality that they are indeed married and recognized as such.

I am just doing you the favor of guiding you you back to what is real and out of your fantasy world where they are not.

They won, they are married, and legally recognized as such by state and federal law.

Your opinion of their marriages doesnít matter any more than my opinion of your marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing equality in expression with equality in substance. Just like you do with relationships.
No religion has a more powerful or profound impact for good than Christianity does.
I am not confusing anything, we have freedom of religion, even though you hate that freedom

You are free to be a Christian, and someone else is free to be Wicca and you cannot tell them what they can and cannot do, and they cannot tell you what you can and cannot do.

Freedom, with none placed in a position of authority over the other.
donnypencon

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

In their never ending quest to run from their aberrant behavior the homosexuals and lesbians have shown their disregard for the majority of Californian voters by having a liberal and homosexual judge overturn the fair results of a legal referendum. This just goes to show the contempt that the homosexuals and lesbians have for their fellow Californians and the the rights of their fellow Californians.

So now homosexuals can get 'married' in California. But there is one thing that the homosexuals and lesbians cannot run from or paper over and that is reproduction. All species reproduce. The prime directive so to speak of all life from homo sapiens to the most simple algae is the propagation of the species. In this most fundamental regard, the abnormal behavior of the homosexuals and the lesbians puts them beneath insects and bacteria. Compared to the hundreds of thousands of known species; all of which go to great lengths to reproduce, homosexual and lesbian are indeed abnormal creatures. So get married all you want because the last laugh is on you.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When you first realized you were gay.
I slipped on the transexual term.
You are the one showing your ignorance. Evolution is the selfish one, not the parent. That is why ss couples are so desperate to manufacture families, even at the expense of a child.
"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me."

I think that sums up my experience with coming to terms with my orientation.

A parent has the responsibility to do what is best of the child--not what the parent wishes for him/herself. I realize that this is difficult for most parents as they see children as extensions of themselves. But that is a very selfish perspective.

The reasons same-sex couples wish to have families are the same as heterosexual couples.
Tree Frog

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Whomever receives the most judge it peanuts wins, anyone know the score ?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing equality in expression with equality in substance..
I know, you prefer a magic tree, talking snake a rib woman and a man who was his own father, and a God that sits on a throne and says " worship me or you will be tortured forever"

Others prefer a Volcano that only asks for an occasional virgin

Others prefer Pasta

Others prefer a holy book that was written from indecipherable tablets by looking at magic rocks in the bottom of a hat

You are free Kimare, to believe whichever one you want regardless of how ridiculous they are. And you are protected from the mandates of all religions, you donít need to believe any of them if you want.

And we are all free of the influences of others, their laws only apply to believers in that religion that choose those beliefs.

Freedom of Religion
Filler UP

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Who said we couldn't hold a "hot air" balloon contest here on the web?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No need, you keep proving it over and over. Besides, all they have to do is read back a couple pages and see for themselves.
However, the bottom line is this; Big changes are coming. Science is quickly dealing with sexual disorders. Transgendered can be fixed. Now they may be able to address homosexuality and bi-sexuality before birth with epi-genetics. In a decade, this could all have been a pointless exercise of futility.
Either way, it will be futile.
Today's fairytale hour has been brought to you by Gregory Kirschmann and Tampax.

Hey dolt, we don't "fix" what isn't broken.

Oh, and epigenetics is one word, not hyphenated you moron.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Oscar dela Rich wrote:
<quoted text>The subject is same sex marriage. Stop lying.
Admit you do not have a rational argument for it.
You can not come up with one state interest for allowing same sex marriage.
If you know of a state interest you could finish this sentence. The state interest in changing the law and allowing same sex marriage is.......
As for you sentence. The rational argument against same sex marriage is that you do not have a rational argument for it.
The interest you are looking for is "equality".

Chomp on it dipshyt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Richvale Discussions

Search the Richvale Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the government provide access to health ... 52 min TWP 40
Editorial: Lack of alarm response in Chico trou... 1 hr Krankenstein 8
U.S. Vice President Biden says Putin has no soul 1 hr Glo Bull Warming LOL 23
Impeachment is the only answer 2 hr The NORMAL Majority 173
tBagger Hypocrisy, Save a Fetus then HATE the P... 4 hr Godfrey 12
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Ocean 7,835
Another reminder.... 6 hr The right is wrong 8
•••
•••