Oroville man acquitted in vehicular manslaughter case

There are 4 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Dec 22, 2009, titled Oroville man acquitted in vehicular manslaughter case. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

A Butte County jury Monday acquitted an Oroville motorist of a vehicular manslaughter charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Magalia resident

AOL

#1 Dec 23, 2009
Sounds like someone is owed a very large apology from maybe someone else who actually DID cause that accident. Sounds like blaming was her way of coping instead of taking responsibility for accidentally killing her own grandmother. What this guy says makes sense. He wasnt even heading that way. Time heals, good luck to all.

Since: Dec 09

Joplin, MO

#2 Dec 26, 2009
It sounds like the jury made the right decision. I am sorry for Ms Andersons family, but even the experts say he was going straight not turning. In these situations it is called an accident for a reason.

Joplin, MO

#3 Dec 26, 2009
Sounds like the jury made the right decision. My sympathy to Ms Andersons family. In situations like this there is a reason they call them "accidents", and Mr Bell was not even traveling the way she said he was and this was proven.

Joplin, MO

#4 Dec 26, 2009
sorry it did not post 1st comment until I did it over! oops!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Replenish the aquifer (Jan '14) 5 hr Rain Cloud 59
Josh Duggar's Investigation Record Destroyed By... 13 hr Middle of the road 1
Democrats' Vanishing Future 16 hr Uncle Tom 3
Ruptured pipeline spills 21,000 gallons of oil ... 17 hr Middle of the road 15
marvin and beverly mcquarrie (Feb '14) Fri Glenn Schoeneck 3
Global Warm-thers: Trapped by irony Fri Democrats Are Dan... 85
Police: Gray should've received medical care be... Fri Democrats Are Dan... 122
More from around the web

Richvale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE