Chico firefighters
Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#41 Jun 2, 2013
chico observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The only employees leaving the city of Chico payroll are the ones who have explaining to do b/c of their part in the fiscal mess. No rank and file employees are leaving. In fact, I would guess given the economic conditions in Butte County there are no employees leaving public service unless they are retiring.
As for intelligence, I'll match my UC degree with your GED any day
If Grandpa is really a grandpa he should be begging forgiveness for the long term public pension costs we are leaving for our kid's kids.
But thats another topix
While reading Investor’s Business Daily I was just reminded of the numerous over -paid fire fighters who have lost their lives in the last couple of weeks in texass, several due to “educated” people breaking the law and it’s made me wonder how “dangerous” your job is.

Oh, and another thing about your "UC degree", collage degrees with -out common sense aren't worth what a good high school shingle is worth.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#42 Jun 3, 2013
Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
While reading Investor’s Business Daily I was just reminded of the numerous over -paid fire fighters who have lost their lives in the last couple of weeks in texass, several due to “educated” people breaking the law and it’s made me wonder how “dangerous” your job is.
Oh, and another thing about your "UC degree", collage degrees with -out common sense aren't worth what a good high school shingle is worth.
>
>
You are exactly right!!

I was also thinking along the lines that he lacked some basic common sense for being a UC graduate.

Maybe that old "UC degree" is not what it used to be...
chico observer

United States

#43 Jun 3, 2013
If you two could stay on topic, Chico firefighters and make rational not emotional based arguments maybe more people would engage and give you two something to do all day
TWP

Wichita Falls, TX

#44 Jun 3, 2013
Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry butt...
I'm a high school grad...
Oh Road Toa d...

Now why are you being so modest...?

Why don't you tell us all again about how you are 5th. in line to the Governor of California....

You seemed REAL proud of that once...

And why don't you tell us all about your "secret badge" that a "secret board" that was "secretly appointed" by the Governor gave you that lets you do all sorts of "secret things" that you can't talk about... because they are "SO SECRET"...!

You used to go on and on about that one...

Or how about your fantastaically GAY Marrage to DoorgunnerSoHum at the Moby Dick Bar in San Francisco...

That was back when you were calling yourself Middle of the Roa d and Hard Left...

Remember Road Toa d...?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/ukiah-ca/TJQ8...

You two looked like such a happy couple...

http://media.heavy.com/media/2010/03/lesbian-...

Ahhhh.... Memories...!!!

ROTFLMAO...!!!
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#45 Jun 3, 2013
chico observer wrote:
If you two could stay on topic, Chico firefighters and make rational not emotional based arguments maybe more people would engage and give you two something to do all day
>
>
So when did paying handsomely all those who risk their lives to protect the general public became an "emotional based" issue...???

Thanks for the laugh...!!
Juan

Chico, CA

#46 Jun 3, 2013
Firefighters seeking enormous salaries and benefits should apply to those cities that can afford to support their enormous salaries and benefits. I recommend not renew the firefighters current contract with the City of Chico.
Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#47 Jun 5, 2013
Juan wrote:
Firefighters seeking enormous salaries and benefits should apply to those cities that can afford to support their enormous salaries and benefits. I recommend not renew the firefighters current contract with the City of Chico.
So get a real job, pay your taxes and problem solved.
Steve

Chico, CA

#48 Jul 3, 2013

Department heads just enjoyed a $30,000 raise, and expect 90 percent of their pay in retire­ment, and now we're told they want to close a Fire Station ? Do not renew the current contract with the Fire Fighters.
chicken little

United States

#49 Jul 3, 2013
Steve wrote:
Department heads just enjoyed a $30,000 raise, and expect 90 percent of their pay in retire­ment, and now we're told they want to close a Fire Station ? Do not renew the current contract with the Fire Fighters.
Spot on Steve, throw away the contract and start a contract with Cal-Fire, its working in Paradise.
Steve

Chico, CA

#50 Jul 4, 2013
Chico Fire Chief Jim Beery announced his retirement Wednesday afternoon.

In order to retain the top quality employees the City of Chico has attracted with it's generous salary and retirement packages I recommend a reduction of retirement benefits for those employees wishing to retire "early" at the taxpayers expense. This could be acomplished with the next negotiated contracts with service employeee unions.
ex forest ranger

Lincoln, CA

#51 Jul 4, 2013
19 Firefighters killed in Arizona fire remembered, mourned

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/02/firefigh...

And the gutless freaks who demand so much from civil servants complain the fireman and others who put their lives on the line every day are over compensated.

You are truly at the bottom of the gene -pool.
Local

United States

#52 Jul 4, 2013
ex forest ranger wrote:
19 Firefighters killed in Arizona fire remembered, mourned
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/02/firefigh...
And the gutless freaks who demand so much from civil servants complain the fireman and others who put their lives on the line every day are over compensated.
You are truly at the bottom of the gene -pool.
Yeah maybe they shouldn't have been there lets wait for the investigation to take its course.

Chico is a long way from wild land firefighting so you keep hiding behind your American flag and we'll keep trying to save our city from bankruptcy
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#53 Jul 4, 2013
ex forest ranger wrote:
19 Firefighters killed in Arizona fire remembered, mourned
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/02/firefigh...
And the gutless freaks who demand so much from civil servants complain the fireman and others who put their lives on the line every day are over compensated.
You are truly at the bottom of the gene -pool.
>
>
They are the same conservative freaks who have 911 programmed in their speed dial list and who scream like stuffed pigs if the police or the fire department do not arrive within 60 seconds after they placed the 911 call
Local

United States

#54 Jul 4, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
They are the same conservative freaks who have 911 programmed in their speed dial list and who scream like stuffed pigs if the police or the fire department do not arrive within 60 seconds after they placed the 911 call
Grandpa go drink your Metamucil and get to bed

Your style of divisive politics is outdated, we are focused on problem solving not name calling
ex forest ranger

Lincoln, CA

#55 Jul 4, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
They are the same conservative freaks who have 911 programmed in their speed dial list and who scream like stuffed pigs if the police or the fire department do not arrive within 60 seconds after they placed the 911 call
So true, so true! Same crowd who has been bitching about State spending are now saying bring in CDF, and wasn't it CDF who was responsible for the last big fire in Paradise?
Local

United States

#56 Jul 4, 2013
ex forest ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
So true, so true! Same crowd who has been bitching about State spending are now saying bring in CDF, and wasn't it CDF who was responsible for the last big fire in Paradise?
Oh yeah because chico will have huge fire like paradise get real

We can't afford chico fire

Chief sees the writing and is running towards his medical and retirement benefits

If the going gets tough the tough..... Well run for the hills... Yeah that's what I thought
Rick

Redding, CA

#57 Jul 4, 2013
ex forest ranger wrote:
19 Firefighters killed in Arizona fire remembered, mourned
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/02/firefigh...
And the gutless freaks who demand so much from civil servants complain the fireman and others who put their lives on the line every day are over compensated.
You are truly at the bottom of the gene -pool.
I propose a memorial for the Firefighters to pay their respects to the 19 Firefighters who died. The memorial could be placed adjacent to the current memorial used for Firefighters paying their respects to the Firefighters of 911.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#58 Jul 4, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Grandpa go drink your Metamucil and get to bed
Your style of divisive politics is outdated, we are focused on problem solving not name calling
>
>
Riiiiight!

The only problem you are focused on solving is how to keep and extra couple of bucks in your wallet, and everyone else be damned....
taxpayer

United States

#59 Jul 4, 2013
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>I propose a memorial for the Firefighters to pay their respects to the 19 Firefighters who died. The memorial could be placed adjacent to the current memorial used for Firefighters paying their respects to the Firefighters of 911.
Great idea lets ask Chief Beery, oh wait he's gone already

And while we are at it lets put a memorial up for the veterans of current conflicts fighting on foreign soil
taxpayer

United States

#60 Jul 4, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Riiiiight!
The only problem you are focused on solving is how to keep and extra couple of bucks in your wallet, and everyone else be damned....
The only problem I am focused on is getting our fine city in tip top financial shape. I'm already paying handsomely for our city services. Logically we must look to trim from the most likely places.

again, your politics are as you are "old and tired". Leave the heavy lifting to those most vested in the process. You have nothing but hate and divisiveness to add.

Go do something worthwhile and volunteer with a local senior organization

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ConservaTURDS & Evangelicons say: "How DARE you... 56 min christian Values 4
Trump; Dude; Putin's HOTTEST RUSSIAN HOOKERS? T... 2 hr Porn Star Values 6
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 hr Anonymous 72,073
News Troopers probe Texas polygamist compound (Apr '08) 15 hr AlwaysValues 3
Kim Jong Un Having His Come to Trump time 16 hr Godfrey 5
The RepubliCONS Worst Nightmare; Donald J Trump! Sat sad SAD sad 1
democrats Just Can Not Accept They Lost - Throw... Fri Bob Luvs Lawyers 1

Richvale Jobs

Personal Finance

Richvale Mortgages