SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary

A member of the Mike's on Bike rides his bike nude down Market Street during the San Francisco's 39th annual gay pride parade on in this June 28, 2009 file photo. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
oh no

York, PA

#1 Jun 27, 2010
I fail to see what a guy riding nude on a bike
has to do with gay pride.
There are children there. He should be
arrested.
But I suppose in anything goes SF, it is okay?
Lou

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jun 27, 2010
This society is in big trouble. Could you imagine 20 years ago a "paper" would be showing a man riding down the street naked on a bike?

“If You Sleep, You Don't Eat. ”

Since: Jul 08

Santa Cruz

#4 Jun 27, 2010
Yeah, naked bodies are iiiicky. Thank God we're born fully clothed!

Grow up, little boys.
Really

Oakland, CA

#6 Jun 27, 2010
LooseSCruz wrote:
Yeah, naked bodies are iiiicky. Thank God we're born fully clothed!
Grow up, little boys.
The people who need to grow up are the exhibitionists.

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#7 Jun 27, 2010
Whatever makes a newspaper think normal people want to see or read about this stuff? Save it for some rag that sells under cover at 7/11's.
Emperor Norton The Second

Santa Clara, CA

#8 Jun 27, 2010
Ironically, the exhibitionists have grown up, and discovered the internet. They are kind of on a roll. You may have noticed.

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who need to grow up are the exhibitionists.
Vito

United States

#13 Jun 27, 2010
Why is every topic in San Francisco about bad behavior such as participating in homosexuality? What a disgrace! S.F. is a beautiful city that has been destroyed by liberals.
poboy

United States

#14 Jun 27, 2010
Vito wrote:
Why is every topic in San Francisco about bad behavior such as participating in homosexuality? What a disgrace! S.F. is a beautiful city that has been destroyed by liberals.
I agree.
Concerned

United States

#15 Jun 27, 2010
Vito wrote:
Come people, let's have some respect and consideration when posting. If these articles offend you, simply turn away and don't look at it. Let people love who they love without fear of public retaliation, ok? I'm sure most of you wouldn't like to be told what you can or can't do with regards to a consenting adult relationship.
Vito

United States

#16 Jun 28, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Come people, let's have some respect and consideration when posting. If these articles offend you, simply turn away and don't look at it. Let people love who they love without fear of public retaliation, ok? I'm sure most of you wouldn't like to be told what you can or can't do with regards to a consenting adult relationship.
Another misguided liberal. The articles being posted offer people who read them a chance to post their opinions. Are you saying only people that agree with the article or your opinion should post?

You mean if I post my disagreement with homosexuality or an article on gay marriage that constitutes retaliation?

I hope I shed light on how ignorant your paragraph is.
Vito who

Aptos, CA

#17 Jun 28, 2010
Vito wrote:
<quoted text>
Another misguided liberal. The articles being posted offer people who read them a chance to post their opinions. Are you saying only people that agree with the article or your opinion should post?
You mean if I post my disagreement with homosexuality or an article on gay marriage that constitutes retaliation?
I hope I shed light on how ignorant your paragraph is.
What's ignorant is your way about it! You have every right to an opinion;,however, there is no need to make assumptions and spew hate!

To prove my point, you stated I was "another misguided liberal." Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not.
Vito

United States

#18 Jun 28, 2010
Vito who wrote:
<quoted text>
What's ignorant is your way about it! You have every right to an opinion;,however, there is no need to make assumptions and spew hate!
To prove my point, you stated I was "another misguided liberal." Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not.
Give me an example of what I said that is considered hate? Saying your a misguided liberal, which you are, isn't hate. It's just the way it is.

People like you are the reason California is bankrupt! Your "if it feels good do it" hippie attitude is what ruined that once great state. Now, people and businesses are leaving in droves.

Yet, propaganda articles are continually being written about homosexuality. Trying to glamorize seedy and destructive behavior as if it's the norm.

How disgraceful.
Too Simplistic

El Paso, TX

#19 Jun 28, 2010
I think people in San Francisco just might have figured out by now that this celebration happens every year and not take their kids out for adult time in the streets. I mean, these people choose to have kids in that city; they know what's there; so they don't take their kids to the gay parades.
oh no wrote:
I fail to see what a guy riding nude on a bike
has to do with gay pride.
There are children there. He should be
arrested.
But I suppose in anything goes SF, it is okay?
Come on Vito

Aptos, CA

#20 Jun 28, 2010
Vito wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me an example of what I said that is considered hate? Saying your a misguided liberal, which you are, isn't hate. It's just the way it is.
People like you are the reason California is bankrupt! Your "if it feels good do it" hippie attitude is what ruined that once great state. Now, people and businesses are leaving in droves.
Yet, propaganda articles are continually being written about homosexuality. Trying to glamorize seedy and destructive behavior as if it's the norm.
How disgraceful.
First you want an example of what you said that is considered hate : "Why is every topic in San Francisco about bad behavior such as participating in homosexuality? What a disgrace! S.F. is a beautiful city that has been destroyed by liberals." Tell me how this comment isn't malicious? What I see is nothing but negativity and ASSUMPTIONS! Please re-read what you just posted as well and you will find nothing but hate spewing from it.

Secondly, when I mentioned your comment on "misguided liberals" I was referring to the "assumption" part of MY statement. You must of missed what I said...

Now, we're adults here (or at least I think we are) so there is no need to call me a liberal when I already informed you that I was not.

Oh, and I hardly believe that "people like me are the reason California is bankrupt!" Come on Vito, let's be realistic. I never knew promoting love would cause someone like you so much grief?!
Vito

United States

#21 Jun 28, 2010
Come on Vito wrote:
<quoted text>
First you want an example of what you said that is considered hate : "Why is every topic in San Francisco about bad behavior such as participating in homosexuality? What a disgrace! S.F. is a beautiful city that has been destroyed by liberals." Tell me how this comment isn't malicious? What I see is nothing but negativity and ASSUMPTIONS! Please re-read what you just posted as well and you will find nothing but hate spewing from it.
Secondly, when I mentioned your comment on "misguided liberals" I was referring to the "assumption" part of MY statement. You must of missed what I said...
Now, we're adults here (or at least I think we are) so there is no need to call me a liberal when I already informed you that I was not.
Oh, and I hardly believe that "people like me are the reason California is bankrupt!" Come on Vito, let's be realistic. I never knew promoting love would cause someone like you so much grief?!
Well, I'll tone it down. However, what I wrote is not hateful. Nevertheless, it is a fact liberals have run S.F. for decades. Homeless wander the streets, there was more "medical marijuana clinics" than Starbucks and taxes are out of control. The State of CA is bankrupt. People and businesses are leaving due to high taxes. This all done by liberal policies. Now, am I lying?

In fact, taxpayers have to pay for sex change operations in S.F.

You say you're not liberal yet you support homosexuality, which is a liberal cause. You're not promoting "love"! You're promoting homosexuality.

Now, don't get me wrong. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their home is not my business. However, we all know the homosexuals, that used to preach "stay out of our business" now shove their business down everyone's throats, excuse the pun.
oh no

York, PA

#22 Jun 28, 2010
Too Simplistic wrote:
I think people in San Francisco just might have figured out by now that this celebration happens every year and not take their kids out for adult time in the streets. I mean, these people choose to have kids in that city; they know what's there; so they don't take their kids to the gay parades.
<quoted text>
There are small children in the picture!
Statement

Newville, PA

#29 Jun 29, 2010
Vito wrote:
I happened to be visiting SF when this parade occurred a number of years ago. We were told by the front desk of the hotel, not to go unless you can keep a straight face through anything, or you will be hurt or even killed. It is a beautiful city, however it put a bitter taste that we have never returned.
Vito

United States

#32 Jun 29, 2010
Statement wrote:
<quoted text>I happened to be visiting SF when this parade occurred a number of years ago. We were told by the front desk of the hotel, not to go unless you can keep a straight face through anything, or you will be hurt or even killed. It is a beautiful city, however it put a bitter taste that we have never returned.
Absolutely! The homosexuals try to portray themselves as being oppressed. When in actuality they are very hateful to anybody that doesn't agree with their behavior.

When CA voted against gay marriage (prop 8) the radical homosexuals raided several Catholic and Christian Churches throughout the state. Many destroyed property and interrupted church services because they were so angry. They blamed Christians for losing.

To show you how cowardly they are the homosexuals only raided Christian Churches in white neighborhoods. They never stepped foot on the property of any Mosque or a church in the black community!

It is well known that they lost because most blacks voted against gay marriage. Blacks, because of Obama, came out to vote in large numbers. However, I guess the homosexuals took the path of least resistance and chose to demonstrate on the property of white Christian Churches.
Too Simplistic

El Paso, TX

#47 Jun 29, 2010
:)
Vitto wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Too Simplistic.
ATeam

Pittsburg, CA

#48 Jun 29, 2010
I am a California native who has seen his state hijacked by the gay mafia.Since SF is a beautiful city why should I hide? On the other hand a guy could get hurt in an intolerant city like SF if he is not careful. The Hetero bashing is common place here. We are called breeders and haters when we don't want to watch two men simulating certain acts in public. Maybe the fruitcakes will move back to Chicago and New York where they came from and leave the rest of us alone. I am a warrior in the front line of the culture wars in California.Too bad most of the closets have been torn out of houses in the Golden state.
Too Simplistic wrote:
Here's my point A Team, I don't get riled up about what consenting adults do when it comes to their relationships as long as they are not harming anyone else. I just noticed your IP address. It must be hard to be you over there. I'm guessing you don't hang out in the Castro too much.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 4 hr Swedenforever 204
The righties are proven wrong! 8 hr Here Is One 25
Filibuster: Is turn-about fair play. 8 hr Here Is One 85
Congrats Darren Wilson 11 hr Ultraman 7
put obama on trial from treason 12 hr Anonymous 30
The Official 2014 Thanksgiving Cheat Sheet 19 hr I voted did you 1
Ferguson is Obema's America 21 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 14
Richvale Dating
Find my Match

Richvale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Richvale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richvale