Chico City Council in California to open with Hindu prayers

Jul 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Merinews

Chico City Council in California , incorporated in 1872, will start its day with Hindu mantras on September 17, containing verses from world's oldest existing scripture.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jul 26, 2013
Taxpayer 2

Chico, CA

#1 Jul 24, 2013
Oh yeah that will help our financial situation.

Another distraction(plastic bag ban, nuclear free zone) by the liberal left to make us forget that the city is in the shitter.
ellit

Paradise, CA

#2 Jul 24, 2013
Reciting from Brahadaranyakopanishad, Rajan Zed plans to say “Asato ma sad gamaya, Tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, Mrtyor mamrtam gamaya”, which he will then translate as “Lead me from the unreal to the Real, Lead me from darkness to Light, and Lead me from death to Immortality.” Reciting from Bhagavad-Gita, he proposes to urge councilmembers to keep the welfare of others always in mind.- See more at: http://www.merinews.com/article/chico-city-co...
Taxpayer 2

Chico, CA

#3 Jul 24, 2013
ellit wrote:
Reciting from Brahadaranyakopanishad, Rajan Zed plans to say “Asato ma sad gamaya, Tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, Mrtyor mamrtam gamaya”, which he will then translate as “Lead me from the unreal to the Real, Lead me from darkness to Light, and Lead me from death to Immortality.” Reciting from Bhagavad-Gita, he proposes to urge councilmembers to keep the welfare of others always in mind.- See more at: http://www.merinews.com/article/chico-city-co...
Maybe Zed could also instruct the city council on prudent fiscal responsibility and pray that they see the light?

Until we have elections, it's our only chance
Tree Frog

Paradise, CA

#4 Jul 24, 2013
Taxpayer 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Zed could also instruct the city council on prudent fiscal responsibility and pray that they see the light?
Until we have elections, it's our only chance
Whatever works.

Since: Apr 13

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jul 25, 2013
madtline Ohiar was right, np tr;gigoud axtivity on government property, other wise we might have chaos.HIndus will soon strat fighting Muslims then Musllim will go aftrt jews and Chrtostians. Atheists shhould also have their public plstfrotm.

GO about thr business of t government and nothing more
TWP

Wichita Falls, TX

#6 Jul 26, 2013
a Hermaphrodote wrote:
nothing more...
Poor old Road Toa d...

You just don't know when to stop pretending...

Do you Bob...?

http://www.merrystandish.com/dolanloses.html

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey ISIS, incase you guys forgot... 39 min Progun 28
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 46 min J RULES 68,991
old grandpa nicolai not as vocal as he used to ... 2 hr TWP 3
Police officer brands Ferguson protesters 'rabi... 4 hr The right is wrong 89
Debate: Ferguson - Chico, CA 4 hr The right is wrong 155
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr RiccardoFire 200,586
Thank you firefighters. 10 hr Steve 17
•••
•••
•••

Richvale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Richvale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••