We Don't Need ID For Anything
Tea Party Solution

United States

#83 Sep 2, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why don’t YOU prove a person is illegally voting rather than forcing people to prove they’re not breaking the law"? An ID card should take care of that.
People have to show identification when they first register to vote. The new ID laws are very difficult for many minorities, elderly people, and students to come up with if they don't drive or have lost their birth certificates.

The penalty for voter impersonation is 5 years in jail and $10,000. You'd have to be as stupid as a Tbagger to take that chance for just one fraudulent vote. There are very few cases of voter impersonation fraud.

And it isn't just the new ID laws that the republican Nazis are doing to suppress Democratic voters. They're also limiting voting days, and even challenging students' right to vote. They're also closing polling places in areas where there are Democratic majorities.

It's funny that the Tbaggers want few restrictions on people buying guns-- such as allowing terrorists on the don-not-fly lists to go out and buy any firearms and ammunition they want. But they want to limit peoples' right to vote.
Godfrey

Oroville, CA

#84 Sep 2, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
People have to show identification when they first register to vote. The new ID laws are very difficult for many minorities, elderly people, and students to come up with if they don't drive or have lost their birth certificates.
The penalty for voter impersonation is 5 years in jail and $10,000. You'd have to be as stupid as a Tbagger to take that chance for just one fraudulent vote. There are very few cases of voter impersonation fraud.
And it isn't just the new ID laws that the republican Nazis are doing to suppress Democratic voters. They're also limiting voting days, and even challenging students' right to vote. They're also closing polling places in areas where there are Democratic majorities.
It's funny that the Tbaggers want few restrictions on people buying guns-- such as allowing terrorists on the don-not-fly lists to go out and buy any firearms and ammunition they want. But they want to limit peoples' right to vote.
It is hard to come up with an ID, that is why we shouldn't have ID for anything. In fact we shouldn't need to show proof of a degree because they are hard to get or a professional License because they are hard to get or in your case anything "hard" is hard for you to get.
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#85 Sep 2, 2013
Godfrey wrote:
<quoted text>It is hard to come up with an ID, that is why we shouldn't have ID for anything. In fact we shouldn't need to show proof of a degree because they are hard to get or a professional License because they are hard to get or in your case anything "hard" is hard for you to get.
Oh goofy, you're so funny. Why don't you stick to loony -tunes?
Godfrey

Oroville, CA

#86 Sep 2, 2013
The right is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goofy, you're so funny. Why don't you stick to loony -tunes?
You big dummy. I am sticking to loony-tunes, it is people like you. You stupid skunks are to easy. Hell this is like catching fish in a barrel. The only difference between you and swatting a fly is they can fly while you move around on your belly. This is to much fun. Say something else so I can give you and your other yous a lesson, dummy. Not a liberal out here that can play in my ring, you know it and I know it.
The Infantile left Winged

Chico, CA

#87 Sep 2, 2013
<quoted text>
On the other hand, corporate welfare is huge-- and it's ALL completely bogus. Even the conservative Cato Institute agrees.
"The Cato Institute estimated that, in 2002,$93 billion were devoted to corporate welfare. This is about 5 percent of the federal budget.
You mean the GE CEO & Chairperson of the President's (oblamer) Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, Jeff Immelt?
THE COMPANY THAT PAID NO FEDERAL TAXES???
Is that what you are referring to? tee pee.

And tee pee?
It is a really big problem when those like me pay at least 50% of their EARNED income in taxes! And some dead beat liberals sit on their asses and receive my EARNED income to gamble, buy cigarettes, booze and drugs... like perhaps you? See as you really have no problem with this!!!
Tea Party Solution

United States

#88 Sep 3, 2013
The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the GE CEO & Chairperson of the President's (oblamer) Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, Jeff Immelt?
THE COMPANY THAT PAID NO FEDERAL TAXES???
Is that what you are referring to? tee pee.
Yep, that is an example of what I'm referring to. Obama is too cozy with Wall Streeters and big corporate titans.

I've said many times that both parties are guilty of kissing up to big corporate interests, and that we need to get the big money out of our politics.
We need politicians who work for us, the people, and not for the super rich and powerful.

Can you agree with that? Can you understand that my concerns transcend party lines?

BTW, ALL presidents and politicians through the years have done the same thing. Look at Bush, and the bailouts that his administration proposed and supported:

"As George Bush's last Treasury secretary, former Goldman CEO Henry Paulson was the architect of the bailout, a suspiciously self-serving plan to funnel trillions of Your Dollars to a handful of his old friends on Wall Street.

There's John Thain, the a**hole chief of Merrill Lynch who bought an $87,000 area rug for his office as his company was imploding; a former Goldman banker, Thain enjoyed a multi-billion-dollar handout from Paulson, who used billions in taxpayer funds to help Bank of America rescue Thain's sorry company.

And Robert Steel, the former Goldmanite head of Wachovia, scored himself and his fellow executives $225 million in golden-parachute payments as his bank was self-destructing.

There's Joshua Bolten, Bush's chief of staff during the bailout, and Mark Patterson, the current Treasury chief of staff, who was a Goldman lobbyist just a year ago, and Ed Liddy, the former Goldman director whom Paulson put in charge of bailed-out insurance giant AIG, which forked over $13 billion to Goldman after Liddy came on board." (the above from a Matt Taibi article about Goldman Sachs)

Tea Party Solution

United States

#89 Sep 3, 2013
The Infantile left Winged wrote:
It is a really big problem when those like me pay at least 50% of their EARNED income in taxes! And some dead beat liberals sit on their asses and receive my EARNED income to gamble, buy cigarettes, booze and drugs... like perhaps you? See as you really have no problem with this!!!
And you miss my point once again. My post cited the Cato Institute, which said that YOUR taxes go more towards paying welfare to corporations than to individuals on government support. Corporate welfare is 50% more than support for individuals. Why aren't you indignant about THAT?

From your post, you're mad only at the poor needing welfare-- because they're "dead beat liberals", in your simpleton viewpoint.

So are only 'liberals' using welfare? First, most corporations receiving government handouts are certainly conservatives.

Second, the states receiving more from the federal government than what they pay are red, conservative states-- who hate Obama. The poor in Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, etc., are mostly conservatives-- even as they get their welfare and scream about how they hate Obama.

But in your narrow world only "lazy liberals" receive welfare. Ridiculous.
Tea Party Solution

United States

#90 Sep 3, 2013
Godfrey wrote:
<quoted text>It is hard to come up with an ID, that is why we shouldn't have ID for anything. In fact we shouldn't need to show proof of a degree because they are hard to get or a professional License because they are hard to get or in your case anything "hard" is hard for you to get.
Actually I have many professional licenses.

You just keep repeating the same thing-- that if it's so hard to get a voting ID then we shouldn't have an ID for anything.

You simply ignore the points that I've made, and just repeat the same sarcastic statement. And then you think that you've 'won' the argument.

First, when anyone first registers to vote they show ID's.

Second, the NEW voter ID's are supposedly for eliminating voter impersonation fraud-- but there's been very few cases proven of such fraud. New voter ID requirements, combined with many red states eliminating voting days and closing polling places in Democratic areas clearly shows that republicans are trying to steal elections by eliminating Democratic voters.

Republican politicians in these states have actually admitted that fact.
Are you kidding me

Orland, CA

#91 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
And you miss my point once again. My post cited the Cato Institute, which said that YOUR taxes go more towards paying welfare to corporations than to individuals on government support. Corporate welfare is 50% more than support for individuals. Why aren't you indignant about THAT?
From your post, you're mad only at the poor needing welfare-- because they're "dead beat liberals", in your simpleton viewpoint.
So are only 'liberals' using welfare? First, most corporations receiving government handouts are certainly conservatives.
Second, the states receiving more from the federal government than what they pay are red, conservative states-- who hate Obama. The poor in Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, etc., are mostly conservatives-- even as they get their welfare and scream about how they hate Obama.
Respectfuly understood...
Now the big difference between company welfare and dead beat welfare?
The companies are employing and producing!
The dead beats are only taking, using and exploiting.

Now, do understand that I do know that there's a huge difference between those who genuinely need help, and those who exploit it!
And I hope that you understand that at this time in USA history, the exploiters out weigh the needy by leaps and bounds!

Example: http://seriouslyepicstuff.com/beach-bum-abuse...
Are you kidding me

Orland, CA

#92 Sep 3, 2013
Ooohhh... and T P,
You gonna try to tell me that this guy is a conservative??? LOL
http://seriouslyepicstuff.com/beach-bum-abuse ...
Are you kidding me

Orland, CA

#93 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Second, the NEW voter ID's are supposedly for eliminating voter impersonation fraud-- but there's been very few cases proven of such fraud.
Oh you are Sooooo wrong!

Video: Rampant Voter Fraud Witnessed by Poll Watcher in VA
http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/video...

Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/23/vo...

Voter fraud is real
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opinion/j...

Rampant voter fraud by illegal aliens ignored by government and media
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kouri/080...

TRUE THE VOTE ANNOUNCES NEW FINDINGS OF VOTER FRAUD IN OHIO, NEW YORK, FLORIDA AND RHODE ISLAND
http://www.truethevote.org/news/true-the-vote...
++++++++++

I can continue if you'd like?
Tea Party Solution

United States

#94 Sep 3, 2013
Are you kidding me wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you are Sooooo wrong!
Video: Rampant Voter Fraud Witnessed by Poll Watcher in VA
http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/video...
Citizens' Group Helps Uncover Alleged Rampant Voter Fraud in Houston....
I can continue if you'd like?
Voter ID fraud is almost non-existent. It's simply part of the scheme by republican states to win elections by barring democratic voters.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-08-11...

"The analysis of 2,068 reported fraud cases by News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, found 10 cases of alleged in-person voter impersonation since 2000. With 146 million registered voters in the United States, those represent about one for every 15 million prospective voters."

http://www.brennancenter.org/publication/trut...
"Allegations of widespread voter fraud, however, often prove greatly exaggerated. It is easy to grab headlines with a lurid claim ("Tens of thousands may be voting illegally!"); the follow-up - when any exists - is not usually deemed newsworthy. Yet on closer examination, many of the claims of voter fraud amount to a great deal of smoke without much fire. The allegations simply do not pan out.

Download entire publication here."

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/08...
"Got that? There's only one kind of fraud that voter ID stops: in-person voter fraud. That is, the kind of fraud where someone walks into a polling place and tries to vote under someone else's name. That's it.

There are plenty of other types of voter fraud, of course. There's registration fraud, where you send in forms for Mary Poppins and James Bond. There's insider fraud, where election officials report incorrect tallies. There's absentee ballot fraud, where you fill in someone else's absentee ballot and mail it in. But a voter ID law does nothing to stop those kinds of fraud. Even in theory, the only kind of fraud it stops is in-person voter fraud."

How about from Fox News? http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/24/vo...

"Levitt combed through 250 cases of alleged election law fraud cited in legal briefs filed in that challenge. He found only nine instances involving a person allegedly voting in someone else's name, possibly fraudulently or possibly because of an error when the person signed in at the voting booth.
"They identified a lot of fraud, but very, very, very, very, very, very little of it could be prevented by identification at the polls," Levitt said.

Need more? There's plenty.
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#95 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
and you missed the entire point.
Quit making excuses for people who are either too stupid or too lazy to get a valid I.D.
If you travel at all, you should know that a valid I.D. is a necessity.
I really don't understand your apologists/excuse making point of view.
YOU ARE ALLOWING PEOPLE TO SHIRK THEIR RESPONIBILITY AS CITIZENS OF THIS ONCE GREAT NATION.
C'mon lil teepee, lets push for some personal accountability, heh?
Wise up.
Shirley we can agree on something this simple?.........and yes, I did call you shirley.
Tea Party Solution

United States

#96 Sep 3, 2013
Are you kidding me wrote:
<quoted text>
Respectfuly understood...
Now the big difference between company welfare and dead beat welfare?
The companies are employing and producing!
The dead beats are only taking, using and exploiting.
Now, do understand that I do know that there's a huge difference between those who genuinely need help, and those who exploit it!
And I hope that you understand that at this time in USA history, the exploiters out weigh the needy by leaps and bounds!
Example: http://seriouslyepicstuff.com/beach-bum-abuse...
Corporations, headed by super-rich executives, receive 50% more welfare than individuals. Many of these individuals needing assistance TO LIVE were victims of the economic crisis the fat cats brought to us in the first place.

And the fat cats are doing even better than before, but you can only despise the victims of these plutocrats.

Of course there are individuals who exploit our safety net system, but todays robber barons are doing the vast majority of the exploitation.

Yes, SOME jobs the big corporations provide are in our country-- but many more of these jobs are being eliminated by automation or going oversees. Where's all the new jobs here in the US which these guys are not bringing us?

Corporations are not gods. I don't worship at their feet.
Tea Party Solution

United States

#97 Sep 3, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
and you missed the entire point.
Quit making excuses for people who are either too stupid or too lazy to get a valid I.D.
If you travel at all, you should know that a valid I.D. is a necessity.
Republican ID laws are fixing a problem that DOESN'T EXIST. The problem for the repubs is that they can't win elections without disenfranchising democrats.

Shirley, most of us have driver's licenses or other types of ID's NOW being accepted by these states. But many people-- all legitimate voters-- do not have them. Many students and elderly don't drive, and it can be difficult for many people to get someone to drive them to a far away DMV office to get these ID's. Some people, especially older folks, do not have birth certificates, or the names on the birth certificates are different than their current names-- due to marriage, or a slightly different spelling, etc.

These folks would find that buying guns to be a lot easier than voting. And it shouldn't be like that in a democracy, where we should be promoting voting instead of blocking it.
Tea Party Solution

United States

#98 Sep 3, 2013
You know where there IS voter fraud? There's fraud in absentee voting, and absentee voting is mostly done by republicans. In N. Carolina, where they're coming up with harsh ID laws, they're loosening up absentee voting.

"Just like elsewhere in the country, North Carolina does not have a voter fraud problem, but the state does have a history of election fraud via absentee ballot. Since Republicans in the state use absentee ballots more than Democrats, the GOP controlled state legislature has proposed loosening restrictions on absentee voting. While claiming to be concerned about potential voter fraud,North Carolina Republicans are encouraging the type of election that they benefit from."

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/07/19/republ...

If I were a republican, Shirley I'd be against the republican efforts to block voting in order to win.

But I'm the kind of guy who doesn't let partisanship rule my ethics. Most republicans can't say the same... but if they only watch Fox and listen to Limbaugh I can see why.
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#99 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Republican ID laws are fixing a problem that DOESN'T EXIST. The problem for the repubs is that they can't win elections without disenfranchising democrats.
Shirley, most of us have driver's licenses or other types of ID's NOW being accepted by these states. But many people-- all legitimate voters-- do not have them. Many students and elderly don't drive, and it can be difficult for many people to get someone to drive them to a far away DMV office to get these ID's. Some people, especially older folks, do not have birth certificates, or the names on the birth certificates are different than their current names-- due to marriage, or a slightly different spelling, etc.
These folks would find that buying guns to be a lot easier than voting. And it shouldn't be like that in a democracy, where we should be promoting voting instead of blocking it.
obviously, we disagree.....again.
Your soft bigotry (low expectations) is amazing. How friggen smart do you have to be to get a valid I.D.?
C'mon lil teepee, don't say that Americans citizens are that Goddam dumb.
I refuse to beleive that anyone is that pathetic.
No, you are trying to allow illegal immigrants to vote.
That's got to be it, because nobody is as lame as you say they are.
Tea Party Solution

United States

#100 Sep 3, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously, we disagree.....again.
Your soft bigotry (low expectations) is amazing. How friggen smart do you have to be to get a valid I.D.?
C'mon lil teepee, don't say that Americans citizens are that Goddam dumb.
I refuse to beleive that anyone is that pathetic.
No, you are trying to allow illegal immigrants to vote.
That's got to be it, because nobody is as lame as you say they are.
Getting a newly required ID is not about being dumb or smart. Having to now travel further away to vote because the republicans closed the polling place close to you has nothing to do with being dumb.

What the republican states are doing is making it harder for certain people and people in certain areas to get out to vote. Often it's actually impossible for them to get the 'correct' ID no matter what they do.

Did you see all of those long lines of people waiting to vote in places like Florida? Did you notice that the majority of the people waiting 6 or 7 hours were black?

Naw, Shirley you didn't-- they didn't show these clips on Fox News.
Tea Party Solution

United States

#101 Sep 3, 2013
Now I'm interested in the republican voting fraud of choice-- absentee voting fraud:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/07/1229... #

Don't you just hate it when Republicans quietly get convicted of felony voter fraud and nobody even notices? Meet Enrico "Jack" Villamaino. In this specific instance, we have another fine example of a Republican changing the voter registrations of nearly 300 voters to Republican and then ordering absentee ballots in their names so he could vote for himself in the Republican primary.

Of course, I didn't expect this to make it onto FOX News or Drudge; however, I did expect it to get picked up on the mainstream news or at least Salon or MSNBC. Instead, there is nothing but crickets. Read the details of the convicted Republican felon below the orange spaghetti-O.
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#102 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Getting a newly required ID is not about being dumb or smart. Having to now travel further away to vote because the republicans closed the polling place close to you has nothing to do with being dumb.
What the republican states are doing is making it harder for certain people and people in certain areas to get out to vote. Often it's actually impossible for them to get the 'correct' ID no matter what they do.
Did you see all of those long lines of people waiting to vote in places like Florida? Did you notice that the majority of the people waiting 6 or 7 hours were black?
Naw, Shirley you didn't-- they didn't show these clips on Fox News.
your full of nonsense.
My life's experiences tell me you are actually full of B.S.
Government disorganzation causes long lines.....I give you the DMV, the USPS, SSI, and much more.
Get your gubmint people organized or your dumb folks can't vote?
That is the Goddammedest line of crap I've ever heard.
oh and btw, most government workers are liberal union workers who must hate black voters, heh?
geez, get a clue lil ShirlPEE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CNN Is FAKE News - Project Veritas PROVES. Ban... 34 min Middle of the road 3
The Radical Left Has Transformed The Democrat P... 41 min Middle of the road 1
Fake NEWS Specialist "BIRTHER DON TRUMP" Threat... 52 min Tea Pee Commands You 2
Putin BLACKMAILS TRUMP! Time to RESIGN! 53 min Tea Pee Commands You 5
I LOVE Watching These Mentally Ill Freak Libera... 1 hr ANONYMOUS 3
Republicans HATE 1st AMENDMENT 5 hr Tee Pee Luvs Bob 12
61% Of Americans say the Obama Economy is in GO... 5 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 5

Richvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richvale Mortgages